Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2312478 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3456) (3457) (3458) (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:56pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

It is not about taking him before previous hires. He is going into his 5th year with nothing tangible, 4 largest tenured, 5th highest paid and scheduled to be top 2 when Klopp leaves, both clubs would have fired him.
Until we start losing key players to title contending clubs
Until the likes of saliba, saka, odegaard will be toasted with trophies
We have been there before
Wengay over played it and we got here
If edu is not serious too he should be sacked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:57pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

Na fam, just stop. Ebening had fewer resources but finished 6th and at least took us to the Europa Final against Chelsea where the disparity in quality made the difference.

Arteta would have been fired by United and Chelsea by now..1000%

The difference is that Arteta actually won a cup and not just get to the final. He didn't lose scandalously to Chelsea in the final. Thank God both of them played Chelsea in the respective Finals they took us to.

Ebening lost scandalously to Chelsea while Arteta won against Chelsea.

Guess what? Arteta won the cup with almost same team bar for some older players like Kosiencly & Monreal that left.

That singular feat bought all the time he needed to build his own team that has gone neck-to-neck with City in the last two seasons

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:02pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

It is not about taking him before previous hires. He is going into his 5th year with nothing tangible, 4 largest tenured, 5th highest paid and scheduled to be top 2 when Klopp leaves, both clubs would have fired him.

In that 5 years period how many coaches not named Pep or Klopp have won the EPL?

I know u don't really fancy Arteta but we need to be fair to him when making these assessments. If he was competing against Conte, Emery, Ranieri, Enrique, etc I would also give him a huge stick. Except we want to claim Pep or Klopp are push overs and Arteta should be piping them to the league

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

When Arteta took charge of Arsenal, did you ever envisioned Arsenal contesting for EPL in 4 years?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:30pm On Apr 19
germaphobe:

When Arteta took charge of Arsenal, did you ever envisioned Arsenal contesting for EPL in 4 years?

After spending 650M, 9 transfer windows in which he broke several records including silly decisions like making Havertz the highest paid player (weekly). My answer is an emphatic yes!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:41pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

In that 5 years period how many coaches not named Pep or Klopp have won the EPL?

I know u don't really fancy Arteta but we need to be fair to him when making these assessments. If he was competing against Conte, Emery, Ranieri, Enrique, etc I would also give him a huge stick. Except we want to claim Pep or Klopp are push overs and Arteta should be piping them to the league

He is flopping in EFL/ FA/ Europa and now UCL...Are those also because of Pep?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:50pm On Apr 19
To those asking...Dispute any of the facts below..

TOTALLY WEAK MENTALITY!

Arteta bottled our first top 4 chance

Bottled the league last season, finishes 5 points from 1st, after topping the table for 93% of the season!

17 competitions, won 1

Tactically inept in reading game situations, lacks game, man-management and making adjustments.

Habitually mismanages the health and conditioning of our best players to the detriment of our opportunities by the end of the season.

0 transition of academy products into the first team

Shambolic performances and exits in Europe this season. (Round of 16 exit in Europa/ QF loss against Bayern)

Currently 5th highest paid coach, scheduled to be top 2-3 after his new contract when Klopp leaves.

What progress has he made post Wenger? He is still finishing top 4 with more resources. Wenger took the 2nd youngest team to the finals of the UCL.

Arteta not only signed Havertz but made him the highest earning player and has built the team around him! If that isn't a capital and fireable sin then forget it.

How about Lokonga/ Taverez/ Marquinhos/ F. Vieira signings and waste of funds?

DO YOU WANT ME TO GO ON?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:57pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

In the first place, Arteta was the wrong hire considering the gulf in his level of experience as head coach, especially for a big club. The only reason this is making any respectable argument is because of this lack of experience when he was hired. He has used Arsenal to learn on the job going into 5 years and what do we have to show for it? Is Pep also chasing him in EFL/ FA/ Europa and UCL? Don't forget we barely scaled through Porto.

Alonso is also a new coach, coaching a team with fewer resources but we can see what he has done across all competitions, especially when it matters.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:57pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

But he won one FA cup na. And yes he's not yet there in Europe
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:01pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

In the first place, Arteta was the wrong hire considering the gulf in his level of experience as head coach, especially for a big club. The only reason this is making any respectable argument is because of this lack of experience when he was hired. He has used Arsenal to learn on the job going into 5 years and what do we have to show for it? Is Pep also chasing him in EFL/ FA/ Europa and UCL? Don't forget we barely scaled through Porto.

Alonso is also a new coach, coaching a team with fewer resources but we can see what he has done across all competitions, especially when it matters.

Remind me the position Arsenal "the big club" was when Arteta was signed. How many top coach wanted the Arsenal job? Please mention their names and let's see how those coaches have fared in their respective clubs after Arsenal signed Arteta ahead of them.

We need to put these things into context.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

But he won one FA cup na. And yes he's not yet there in Europe

FA Cup with the team Emery built? The scraps that Emery built..

Care to check where Arsenal was and the FA cup results before Arteta took over?

Were we not flirting with relegation for 2 seasons when Arteta dared using the scraps Ebening took to the finals of UEL?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:14pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

FA Cup with the team Emery built? The scraps that Emery built..

Care to check where Arsenal was and the FA cup results before Arteta took over?

Were we not flirting with relegation for 2 seasons when Arteta dared using the scraps Ebening took to the finals of UEL?

The same team Emery didn't use to win anything ?

U see why Arteta was a better fit than Emery ? Emery took same team to the final and got spanked by Chelsea while Arteta came home with a cup .

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

The same team Emery didn't use to win anything ?

U see why Arteta was a better fit than Emery ? Emery took same team to the final and got spanked by Chelsea while Arteta came home with a cup .

No, it actually proves Ebening did more with far less. Why didn't Arteta finish 5th in the league like Ebening with the same players Ebening was dragging to the UEL finals?

With the same players Arteta flirted with relegation for 2 consecutive seasons before finishing 8th. When owners started splashing he finished 5th after choking top 4.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

Remind me the position Arsenal "the big club" was when Arteta was signed. How many top coach wanted the Arsenal job? Please mention their names and let's see how those coaches have fared in their respective clubs after Arsenal signed Arteta ahead of them.

We need to put these things into context.

No be all of us dey here? How many Big named coaches showed interest in the Arsenal job? Abeg how many entered London for interview or meet up? Nobody wanted to touch that opening after Wenger because first it is a tall task to replace someone like Wenger and more importantly, there is no bar!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19
Roland17:
To those asking...Dispute any of the facts below..

TOTALLY WEAK MENTALITY!

Arteta bottled our first top 4 chance

Bottled the league last season, finishes 5 points from 1st, after topping the table for 93% of the season!

17 competitions, won 1

Tactically inept in reading game situations, lacks game/ man-management skills and making adjustments.

Habitually mismanages the health and conditioning of our best players to the detriment of our opportunities by the end of the season.

0 transition of academy products into the first team

Shambolic performances and exits in Europe this season. (Round of 16 exit in Europa/ QF loss against Bayern)

Currently 5th highest paid coach, scheduled to be top 2-3 after his new contract when Klopp leaves.

What progress has he made post Wenger? He is still finishing top 4 with more resources. Wenger took the 2nd youngest team to the finals of the UCL.

Arteta not only signed Havertz but made him the highest earning player and has built the team around him! If that isn't a capital and fireable sin then forget it.

How about Lokonga/ Taverez/ Marquinhos/ F. Vieira signings and waste of funds?

DO YOU WANT ME TO GO ON?

I am still waiting.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19
I just hope the Americans won't get discouraged because all their investments have been away by a serial bottler
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:10pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

No be all of us dey here? How many Big named coaches showed interest in the Arsenal job? Abeg how many entered London for interview or meet up? Nobody wanted to touch that opening after Wenger because first it is a tall task to replace someone like Wenger and more importantly, there is no bar!

But Now Arteta has built that same team no top manager wants to touch into a title contender and the next thing we should do is sack him abi? No be so o

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

But Now Arteta has built that same team no top manager wants to touch into a title contender bottler and the next thing we should do is sack him abi? No be so o
Fixed grin
I just can't help it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

But Now Arteta has built that same team no top manager wants to touch into a title contender and the next thing we should do is sack him abi? No be so o

You mean after he has spent nearly 700M in 4 years? If he doesn't make us contenders after spending that type of money, why is he here?

The truth is, he has gotten to his ceiling. None of the better coaches will spend 700M and boast of 1 win in 17 competitions. Neither United nor Chelsea will keep a coach that is a serial bottler, spent that type of money and is about to be top 2 highest paid coach in the league.

He has not made us contenders out of the blue. He is not scavenging for funds, if anything he has mismanaged some of the funds with some ridiculous transfers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:20pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

You mean after he has spent nearly 700M in 4 years? If he doesn't make us contenders after spending that type of money, why is he here?

The truth is, he has gotten to his ceiling. None of the better coaches will spend 700M and boast of 1 win in 17 competitions. Neither United nor Chelsea will keep a coach that is a serial bottler, spent that type of money and is about to be top 2 highest paid coach in the league.

He has not made us contenders out of the blue. He is not scavenging for funds, if anything he has mismanaged some of the funds with some ridiculous transfers.

Okay then, Let's sack him and get De Zerbi like Iamoyindamola suggested then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:49pm On Apr 19
iamoyindamola:

Brigthon coach is good infact better than arteta
Replace the 2 and you will see result
My statement might have been made out of anger but what is this bro? grin grin

De Zerbi na from frying pan to fire o. Aside the fact that he may not do well in a big team, his tactics have got lots of question marks.

No De Zerbi abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19
BlueRayDick:

Until Arsenal turn man utd , na that time una go rest. Sack Arteta for who exactly ? Zidane abi Guardiola?
Bro...I'm just fed up of this roundabout journey. Like we have no excuse not winning a trophy this season FFS
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19
mostob:
My statement might have been made out of anger but what is this bro? grin grin

De Zerbi na from frying pan to fire o. Aside the fact that he may not do well in a big team, his tactics have got lots of question marks.

No De Zerbi abeg
Oya explain how his tactics is questionable
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:54pm On Apr 19
mostob:
Bro...I'm just fed up of this roundabout journey. Like we have no excuse not winning a trophy this season FFS
Community shield in the bag that's enough for the faithful
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19
Same old Same Old
Very soon we would soon have the Arterta knows best and Arterta out brigade grin. All same old....

My own be say make nobody disrespect Ebening here o.... I don't know the magic any coach would do to make top4 with the defense of Litchntiner, Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac embarassed

As for Arterta, he has tried but I don't know if sacking him or trusting him is the next thing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19
iamoyindamola:

Community shield in the bag that's enough for the faithful
The last two matches we lost is not as painful as the way we lost them. The kind of mistakes made by Arteta is just too disastrous. It was as if he took two steps back in his coaching journey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19
iamoyindamola:

Oya explain how his tactics is questionable
The only aspect he is good at is in the buildup phase. Nothing else...

He will take us back to the era where we will be conceding insane number of goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19
Fkhalifa:
Same old Same Old
Very soon we would soon have the Arterta knows best and Arterta out brigade grin. All same old....

My own be say make nobody disrespect Ebening here o.... I don't know the magic any coach would do to make top4 with the defense of Litchntiner, Mustafi, Sokratis, Luiz, Kolasinac embarassed

As for Arterta, he has tried but I don't know if sacking him or trusting him is the next thing.

I say this all the time

Ebening achieved 5th place in the EPL with a UEL final appearance with those clowns. When Arteta dared using those set of clowns, we were nearly relegated and finished 8th for consecutive seasons.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 6:45pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

After spending 650M, 9 transfer windows in which he broke several records including silly decisions like making Havertz the highest paid player (weekly). My answer is an emphatic yes!
Thanks for your assertation, now following this what will you say about klopp who have spent 1.2 million and only 1 epl to show for it in 8 seasons, after bottling to man city on couple occasions, bottling champions league and Europa too?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 6:49pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

Serial flop indeed, but then there's pep who's the world's best coach with experience at all level of competition who have only one UCL in many years of being at elite clubs like Bayern and man city where the money have never actually being his problem. But yeah the whole world expects Teta to win UCL and Uel on his first trial.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:50pm On Apr 19
In addition to the budget granted by the Kroenke house this summer, Arsenal is expected to collect a decent amount of money from the sale of players:

Thomas Partey – the player who has not been used too much since coming back after injury is still receiving interest from large Saudi clubs.

Aaron Ramsdale is receiving interest from Chelsea and Newcastle, some foreign teams are also following the goalkeeper.

Eddie Nketiah – the striker priced at £30m+ is attracting the attention of Crystal Palace and West Ham.

Emile Smith Rowe is being targeted by a series of clubs in England.

Zinchenko’s future at Arsenal is uncertain because we have no renewal move even though Zinky has only 2 years left.

In addition, Reiss Nelson or Leandro Trossard is likely to leave the Emirates Stadium if Arsenal receive a sufficient weight offer and if we want to change drastically in the wing corridor.

A range of loan players such as Kieran Tierney, Nuno Tavares, Sambi Lokonga or Marquinhos will also be taken to the TTCN this summer.

Arsenal will continue to add strong personnel but we are expected to say goodbye to many players after this season …!

Your thoughts....

#Arsenal #AFC #COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:54pm On Apr 19
Roland17:

I say this all the time

Ebening achieved 5th place in the EPL with a UEL final appearance with those clowns. When Arteta dared using those set of clowns, we were nearly relegated and finished 8th for consecutive seasons.
It was at that point Arsenal started investing big, they knew it would be relagation battle with those clowns

Arterta though has tried and deserves some respect, but he benefited from huge buys previous manager didn't have....

If only Arterta can work on his bench, how a manager wants to play with his starting 11 all season is what I don't get, that's why he always perform well in whatever league he wants to compete in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3456) (3457) (3458) (3459) (3460) (3461) (3462) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.