Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2307969 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 11:36pm On Jul 28, 2014
proudlysports: Chambers is English so cost not surprising. He'll fulfill our home grown requirement. Even Arsene admits he's clearly taking a gamble. Considering that he's taking Jenkinson's place, I don't get why we should fret

From a logical point of view, Arsene seems to have done the right thing though supposing Jenko goes on a one year loan. That dude has enormous potential which can only be improved upon if he plays consistently game after game, as we saw two seasons ago. Unfortunately, he never really got that with a more experienced and fit Sagna in the line-up.

With Sagna gone, and the addition of a more experienced RB (debuchy) who even displaced Sagna from the first team of France in the just concluded World Cup, coupled with the addition of Chambers who is a versatile player, it makes sense to have Jenko sent out on a loan. Jenko is a born Arsenal fan and it has always been his dream to be an Arsenal legend. The boy will surely come good. And I do not consider Chambers necessarily coming to take Jenkinson's place. I am more of the opinion that he is an understudy to either or both Per and Koscienly, while he also functions as a RB cover for debuchy.

Wenger knows walai!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 3:48am On Jul 29, 2014
Wenger must be feeling like a Don Chi Chi, pulling off transfers 'chop chop'; no more night market; 'siddonlook' mode forever deactivated.

Proudly, this must be an easy summer for you to report transfers with more than 50% of rumored Arsenal stories coming to fruition.

I hope Jenkinson stays and Wenger finds a way to give them all enough playing time to keep them happy. That kid Chambers looks solid and if Debuchy no take time, he may turn to no. 2, behind Chambers.

I'm so looking forward to the start of the new season, the squad is looking good. To all the haters, be very afraid, even Alan Hansen don fear retire (I'll miss his Arsenal bashing sha).

Lets go gunners !!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 6:16am On Jul 29, 2014
diggz:

See madt man o.......! cheesy cheesy kweke cheesy grin cheesy He be like say una spoon wey una win last season still dey deceive una Abi ? Anyways,congrats on ur young cargos bros but,we go see who be who at the end of the season. Probably u shud ask Edoyad before u make ur next statement (I know u n ur team ain't Spartans)

ur team no win ordinary dust bin last season yet you still dey run DAT ya basket mouth
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by EejaNla01(m): 9:05am On Jul 29, 2014
who can gist us q bit about chambers?hope he isn't light weight,his he pacy,tall etc just curious.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2014
EejaNla01: who can gist us q bit about chambers?hope he isn't light weight,his he pacy,tall etc just curious.

u believe there are clips of him in action on YouTube
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2014
tayoccu:

ur team no win ordinary dust bin last season yet you still dey run DAT ya basket mouth

Am sorry sir but,we go nid wait till end of the season to get this conversation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pickabeau1: 10:12am On Jul 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Nihilist: Getting Chambers in for 16 million is fantastic news...

This is the guy who wasn't quite good enough to displace Nathaniel Clyne as a right back or Fonte/Yoshida in the middle.

This is the guy that has appeared only 21 times for Southampton

Yet he cost more than Vermaelen who had champions league experience and was a Belgium international, more than Koscielny, more than Debuchy who he will not bench, and more than Mertersacker

Good to see that Arsene still doesn't know cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:39am On Jul 29, 2014
chuckdee4:
Does anyone know if this will be our last piece of business and if anyone one will be sold?

we still have at least one more player coming in and if TV5 leaves, then another one in form of a replacement.

There are three big names Arsene is looking to bring in. All cost big money and AW is waiting to see who will blink first

Pataki:
From a logical point of view, Arsene seems to have done the right thing though supposing Jenko goes on a one year loan. That dude has enormous potential which can only be improved upon if he plays consistently game after game, as we saw two seasons ago. Unfortunately, he never really got that with a more experienced and fit Sagna in the line-up.
With Sagna gone, and the addition of a more experienced RB (debuchy) who even displaced Sagna from the first team of France in the just concluded World Cup, coupled with the addition of Chambers who is a versatile player, it makes sense to have Jenko sent out on a loan. Jenko is a born Arsenal fan and it has always been his dream to be an Arsenal legend. The boy will surely come good. And I do not consider Chambers necessarily coming to take Jenkinson's place. I am more of the opinion that he is an understudy to either or both Per and Koscienly, while he also functions as a RB cover for debuchy.
Wenger knows walai!
You may be right on Jenkinson. I heard AW has promised Chambers at least 20 games barring injuries this season. Though 10 of those games may be in the Cup games though.

KayDee4:
Proudly, this must be an easy summer for you to report transfers with more than 50% of rumored Arsenal stories coming to fruition.
My past reports haven't been too bad. If no for Arsene's last minute changes. At least with benefit of hindsight, you guys will agree I was right to some extent with Higuain, Draxler calls. You're right though, Arsene's liberal ways this summer has saved me from embarassment.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2014
Let's not get carried away though, we let go of Bendtner, Fabianski, Sagna and maybe Jenko and have replaced with Alexis, Ospina, Debuchy and Chambers.
Asides Alexis, the rest may not be that much of upgrades from what we had
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 11:57am On Jul 29, 2014
but debuchy planted sagna on the bench during the world cup, chambers can fill in for 3 diff positions, ospina is a world cup vet, we've not had a world cup keeper since Lehman.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2014
^^^
One can also say that Sagna was one of the best RBs in the EPL last season and Debuchy didn't even get a mention.

As for Ospina, WS1 won the golden gloves for highest number of clean sheets in the league last season. Even if Ospina displaces him as no 1, he would need to be outstanding to beat WS1's record last season. And if Ospina is second choice to WS1, then again even if we win the FA Cup, he will only equal Fabianski's record.

Before you guys misunderstand me, I'm very much happy with all the signings and can't wait for the new season. Just that we shouldn't get carried away. We are still one or two players short especially in that DM position.

We performed very well against lower opposition last season. This season, we need to drastically improve our results against teams like Chelsea, City, ManU and even Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2014
proudlysports: ^^^
One can also say that Sagna was one of the best RBs in the EPL last season and Debuchy didn't even get a mention.

As for Ospina, WS1 won the golden gloves for highest number of clean sheets in the league last season. Even if Ospina displaces him as no 1, he would need to be outstanding to beat WS1's record last season. And if Ospina is second choice to WS1, then again even if we win the FA Cup, he will only equal Fabianski's record.

Before you guys misunderstand me, I'm very much happy with all the signings and can't wait for the new season. Just that we shouldn't get carried away. We are still one or two players short especially in that DM position.

We performed very well against lower opposition last season. This season, we need to drastically improve our results against teams like Chelsea, City, ManU and even Liverpool
But Germany Demolished Brazil with a good DM. So is not all abt DM, a DM signing will be great. But stop making it look as if we can't compete with the ones we have.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 4:33pm On Jul 29, 2014
Keky: looool, Aurier as a cb? u joking right? Looooool. Guess you know more than the boss.
Aurier can play as a cb and a dm....guess you don't know/watch him that much.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2014
edi287:
Aurier can play as a cb and a dm....guess you don't know/watch him that much.
DM also? Loooooool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2014
Keky: DM also? Loooooool
Do u even watch ligue 1?? Aurier is versatile...he played both as a rb and a cb for toulouse.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 6:32pm On Jul 29, 2014
Keky: But Germany Demolished Brazil with a good DM. So is not all abt DM, a DM signing will be great. But stop making it look as if we can't compete with the ones we have.

There's nowhere in my post where I said we can't compete. Didn't we compete last season with the same squad?
Also, Germany defeating Brazil is irrelevant in this case. My point is we may have made an improvement on Bendtner by signing Alexis, it wasn't a lack of quality up front that made us lose scandalously away to City, Chelsea and Liverpool and even lose to everyone's whipping team at Old Trafford. Whatever the problem was at that time, I don't think we've solved it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nihilist: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2014
proudlysports: ^^^

Debuchy didn't get what?

The man was Newcastle's best player after Remy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2014
Nihilist:

Debuchy didn't get what?

Thats not saying much. Its like saying someone was Aston Villa or Swanseas best player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nihilist: 7:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
raumdeuter:

Thats not saying much. Its like saying someone was Aston Villa or Swanseas best player

The comparison is between Debuchy and Sagna.

How can someone tell us that Sagna was one of the best players in the league and Debuchy didn't get a mention when Debuchy copped more assists than Sagna and was rated higher by whoscored despite playing fewer matches...

Abi you think it's a coincidence that Debuchy was the 1st choice right back for France at the World Cup?

Top 3 right backs in the EPL last season were

Zabaleta
Coleman
Debuchy

Sagna ko, lasagne ni...

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by EejaNla01(m): 8:20pm On Jul 29, 2014
That coleman to me is the no1 in d epl...
Its good we are signing strong matured players,i hope we get that strong dm cos arterta cant in there else another whitewash awaits us..

so a strong DM and am cool to go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 10:29pm On Jul 29, 2014
proudlysports:

There's nowhere in my post where I said we can't compete. Didn't we compete last season with the same squad?
Also, Germany defeating Brazil is irrelevant in this case. My point is we may have made an improvement on Bendtner by signing Alexis, it wasn't a lack of quality up front that made us lose scandalously away to City, Chelsea and Liverpool and even lose to everyone's whipping team at Old Trafford. Whatever the problem was at that time, I don't think we've solved it.

What was the problem?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:53am On Jul 30, 2014
Ha! Breath of fresh air or are the trolls still lurking? grin grin

Neways unto footie and its great to see Arsenal get their business done very early this time plus of course i would want to see us switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 which in my opinion gives us more attacking threat giving the quality we have in midfield.

And as rightly pointed, we still need a proper dm cos i'm no too sure Abou can be relied upon for most of the season. On his day he is a fantastic player no doubt but hey, it's a treacherous long season ahead and the difference in one or two extra bodies could be the deciding factor as to where we end up this coming season.

Btw..Wusup with Chelsea? Getting a new coach in Drogba already? cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 12:03pm On Jul 30, 2014
Nihilist:
Debuchy didn't get what?
Newcastle's second best player? Don't we have 30+ RBS in d EPL?
Ok. Say Debuchy is an improvement on Sagna for argument sake, does that override my point that we have only replaced players and so should not get carried away?

Keky: What was the problem?
Right back at u. What do u think ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ritchboy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
This Nihilist fella sounds familiar...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Keky(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2014
Ok
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2014
ritchboy: This Nihilist fella sounds familiar...

Gustavofrings aka Jackbauersballs

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 8:37am On Jul 31, 2014
Who is raumdeuter? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Tval(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2014
^^ A Bayern Munich fan.. He created their official thread.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2014
Pataki: Who is raumdeuter? undecided

Iwo o da yan mo. Ko to se oju bi oju afin

See your face like spoon.

This is the tormentor of gayyners home and abroad

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Pataki: 10:18am On Jul 31, 2014
raumdeuter:

Iwo o da yan mo. Ko to se oju bi oju afin

See your face like spoon.

This is the tormentor of gayyners home and abroad
dayoakamu, na you be this? Who baptized you?

You don come back for this thread to pack shyte again? Have you seen all our latest signings and including our LANS?

Better pray make Arsenal no meet that your useless club this season.

PS: Why are you all changing usernames? Na so that useless ElGoato change hin name to AirBorneNuisance. undecided lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Heathen(m): 7:58pm On Jul 31, 2014
Wenger, please we need a DM...
Not Quintero!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2014
Heathen: Wenger, please we need a DM...
Not Quintero!

The Quintero thing is not confirmed, it's just hear say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.