Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:26 AM

Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference (4502 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) / Ambode, Osinbajo, At Bishop Okonkwo's Birthday Thanksgiving (Photos) / Who Is This Emma Bishop Okonkwo, Is He A Bishop Or Business Man. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by OmoPastor(m): 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2011
@ poster.

Thank you for the observation and alarm you raised about the MOG.

My question to you:

1. were you there when he made the call?
2. were you there when God called him to pastor?
3. why are you so disturbed by whatever action he took in the conference you never attended?
4. does the monies impoverish your account or your life?
5. are you trying to tell us that you care so much about the attendants of the conference that you wish they could see what you are seeing and wlak out of the church into yours?

My advise to you:
1. start your own church or cult or whatever and travel round the world opening peoples eyes so they may see the way you see.
2. stop poking your nose into what has no direct bearing on your life.
3. you were never there when these people claimed that God called them into the ministry.
4. nobody appointed you as God's spiritual detective or police or EFCC!!!
5. get a life!
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by KweenSisan(f): 1:22am On Apr 06, 2016
free123:
Money is now the crux of christianity for so called pastors and prophets of our time. U can imagine Prophet Uebert Angel telling his congregation that even if they obey 9 out of 10 steps he listed for making heaven, without tithing, they are nowhere near heaven.
..i don't know how he must have passed the message o..but tithing is essential...even d pharisees paid tithe....dey gave 10percent of deir income..how mch more u..so for me..i feel he was hammaring on d essence of tithing...and for the person who started dis thread...plz take d tym ure using to read peoples comments on dis issue..to pray for dis bishop...dats wat i suggest..thanks
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by Blackfire(m): 11:03am On Apr 06, 2016
I will tell you all what i told one brain washed person...
If your pastor/ prophet collect this huge amount of money, HOW MUCH WILL JESUS COLLECT? the one whose name, blood and sacrifice u are standing on to get answers? ? ? ?
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by analice107: 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
Blackfire:
I will tell you all what i told one brain washed person...
If your pastor/ prophet collect this huge amount of money, HOW MUCH WILL JESUS COLLECT? the one whose name, blood and sacrifice u are standing on to get answers? ? ? ?
Mr Black, how have you been?
I want to first and foremost say, if the man of God did what he is being accused of, it's wrong, But my dear Black, Christianity is a big mystery to the onlookers.
I don't know from when in the history of christianity that given became a problem. If we are to follow the Biblical Principles, given to God and to the ministers of God, for their upkeep and the work of the kingdom is an integral part of christianity. How it became an anathema is what I don't know.

If we should actually sit down and pick and analyze scriptures many mouths will be closed here.
Today, I was studying a passage of the Scripture which addressed what we are crucifying the MOG today for.
From the old Testament where they weren't even taking the message far and near, they were all kinds of giving to the servants of God.
As a matter of fact, in the OT, you can't go to see or consult a servant of God empty handed. If you must seek the counsel of a man of God, you go with something substantial.

Today I was reading about Saul, before he became King Saul. His father's Assess got missing, him accompanied by a servant went out in search of them, they didn't find them. They found themselves in a community where Prophet Samuel was, and the servant suggested they went to seek counsel from the prophet, but Saul said No, We can't go to the prophet empty handed. It was a standard procedure that, you must present something anytime you appear before God or the servant of God.

In the New Testament, it continued. Peter gave his boat for the Master's use, afterwards, he received fish that he could not carry.
The feeding of 4 and 5 thousand men, Jesus took from the people, multiplied it and gave back to the people. Couldn't he just call for food? Afterall he did it before, He caused manner to fall in the Wilderness.
During the Apostles Ministeries, Money was given to Men of God for their up keep and for the furtherance of the ministry.
Let's see what Apostle Paul says here.

1 Corinthians 9:1-16 Am I not an apostle (a special messenger)? Am I not free (unrestrained and exempt from any obligation)?

Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?
Are you [yourselves] not [the product and proof of] my workmanship in the Lord?

Even if I am not considered an apostle (a special messenger) by others, at least I am one to you; for you are the seal (the certificate, the living evidence) of my apostleship in the Lord [confirming and authenticating it].

This is my [real ground of] defense (my vindication of myself) to those who would put me on trial and cross-examine me.

Have we not the right to our food and drink [at the expense of the churches]?

Have we not the right also to take along with us a Christian sister as wife, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas (Peter)?

Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from doing manual labor for a livelihood [in order to go about the work of the ministry]?

[Consider this:] What soldier at any time serves at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat any of the fruit of it? Who tends a flock and does not partake of the milk of the flock?
Do I say this only on human authority and as a man reasons? Does not the Law endorse the same principle?

For in the Law of Moses it is written, You shall not muzzle an ox when it is treading out the corn. Is it [only] for oxen that God cares?

Or does He speak certainly and entirely for our sakes? [Assuredly] it is written for our sakes, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher ought to thresh in expectation of partaking of the harvest.

If we have sown [the seed of] spiritual good among you, [is it too] much if we reap from your material benefits?

If others share in this rightful claim upon you, do not we [have a still better and greater claim]?

However, we have never exercised this right, but we endure everything rather than put a hindrance in the way [of the spread] of the good news (the Gospel) of Christ.

Do you not know that those men who are employed in the services of the temple get their food from the temple? And that those who tend the altar share with the altar [in the offerings brought]?

[On the same principle] the Lord directed that those who publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by the Gospel. But I have not made use of any of these privileges, nor am I writing this [to suggest] that any such provision be made for me [now].

Can we now see that the men of God deserve these things and even more? People who quickly quote Apostle Paul, can then now see that these rights were Apostles' rights too? That he gave them up doesn't mean, they weren't his rights.
Why do we bring judgements against ourselves without finding out these things?

The Philistine Brethren were the poorest at the time, but in their deep poverty, they didn't stop giving to the up keep of the servant of God.

Philippians 4:15-19 And you Philippians yourselves well know that in the early days of the Gospel ministry, when I left Macedonia, no church (assembly) entered into partnership with me and opened up [a debit and credit] account in giving and receiving except you only.

For even in Thessalonica you sent [me contributions] for my needs, not only once but a second time.

Not that I seek or am eager for [your] gift, but I do seek and am eager for the fruit which increases to your credit [the harvest of blessing that is accumulating to your account].

But I have [your full payment] and more; I have everything I need and am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent me.

[They are the] fragrant odor of an offering and sacrifice which God welcomes and in which He delights. And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Satan knows that the way out of poverty is giving, he is using against ignorant Christians and they accept swallow it.

If a servant of God today, walks into a widows house, and is told that all she and her son had, in this hash Buhari wheather, is two cups of garri, no hope from anywhere, but the man of God insists that the widow offers the last 2cups of garri they had left in their entire house to him, what will be the reaction of some people here?
But Ellijay did it, but when the widow obeyed, for three and half years of Famine, the two cups of garri never finished. When others were crying for hunger, they had to eat because they gave to God first.

When the Widow came to give her last mite (offering) in the congregation where Christ was, He knew that was all the woman had, home and abroad, why didn't Christ stopped the woman from giving?
Kingdom prosperity can only be achieved though giving, especially to God.
@Ops.
Sorry for the long post.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by ikorodureporta: 7:53am On Apr 07, 2016
Mtchew! *d poster above*
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by analice107: 10:26am On Apr 07, 2016
ikorodureporta:
Mtchew! *d poster above*
The truth slap your face ba? You no get weytin to talk again. You go about spewing ignorance.
Re: Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference by olumyde(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2017
analice107:

Mr Black, how have you been?
I want to first and foremost say, if the man of God did what he is being accused of, it's wrong, But my dear Black, Christianity is a big mystery to the onlookers.
I don't know from when in the history of christianity that given became a problem. If we are to follow the Biblical Principles, given to God and to the ministers of God, for their upkeep and the work of the kingdom is an integral part of christianity. How it became an anathema is what I don't know.

If we should actually sit down and pick and analyze scriptures many mouths will be closed here.
Today, I was studying a passage of the Scripture which addressed what we are crucifying the MOG today for.
From the old Testament where they weren't even taking the message far and near, they were all kinds of giving to the servants of God.
As a matter of fact, in the OT, you can't go to see or consult a servant of God empty handed. If you must seek the counsel of a man of God, you go with something substantial.

Today I was reading about Saul, before he became King Saul. His father's Assess got missing, him accompanied by a servant went out in search of them, they didn't find them. They found themselves in a community where Prophet Samuel was, and the servant suggested they went to seek counsel from the prophet, but Saul said No, We can't go to the prophet empty handed. It was a standard procedure that, you must present something anytime you appear before God or the servant of God.

In the New Testament, it continued. Peter gave his boat for the Master's use, afterwards, he received fish that he could not carry.
The feeding of 4 and 5 thousand men, Jesus took from the people, multiplied it and gave back to the people. Couldn't he just call for food? Afterall he did it before, He caused manner to fall in the Wilderness.
During the Apostles Ministeries, Money was given to Men of God for their up keep and for the furtherance of the ministry.
Let's see what Apostle Paul says here.

1 Corinthians 9:1-16 Am I not an apostle (a special messenger)? Am I not free (unrestrained and exempt from any obligation)?

Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?
Are you [yourselves] not [the product and proof of] my workmanship in the Lord?

Even if I am not considered an apostle (a special messenger) by others, at least I am one to you; for you are the seal (the certificate, the living evidence) of my apostleship in the Lord [confirming and authenticating it].

This is my [real ground of] defense (my vindication of myself) to those who would put me on trial and cross-examine me.

Have we not the right to our food and drink [at the expense of the churches]?

Have we not the right also to take along with us a Christian sister as wife, as do the other apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Cephas (Peter)?

Or is it only Barnabas and I who have no right to refrain from doing manual labor for a livelihood [in order to go about the work of the ministry]?

[Consider this:] What soldier at any time serves at his own expense? Who plants a vineyard and does not eat any of the fruit of it? Who tends a flock and does not partake of the milk of the flock?
Do I say this only on human authority and as a man reasons? Does not the Law endorse the same principle?

For in the Law of Moses it is written, You shall not muzzle an ox when it is treading out the corn. Is it [only] for oxen that God cares?

Or does He speak certainly and entirely for our sakes? [Assuredly] it is written for our sakes, because the plowman ought to plow in hope, and the thresher ought to thresh in expectation of partaking of the harvest.

If we have sown [the seed of] spiritual good among you, [is it too] much if we reap from your material benefits?

If others share in this rightful claim upon you, do not we [have a still better and greater claim]?

However, we have never exercised this right, but we endure everything rather than put a hindrance in the way [of the spread] of the good news (the Gospel) of Christ.

Do you not know that those men who are employed in the services of the temple get their food from the temple? And that those who tend the altar share with the altar [in the offerings brought]?

[On the same principle] the Lord directed that those who publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by the Gospel. But I have not made use of any of these privileges, nor am I writing this [to suggest] that any such provision be made for me [now].

Can we now see that the men of God deserve these things and even more? People who quickly quote Apostle Paul, can then now see that these rights were Apostles' rights too? That he gave them up doesn't mean, they weren't his rights.
Why do we bring judgements against ourselves without finding out these things?

The Philistine Brethren were the poorest at the time, but in their deep poverty, they didn't stop giving to the up keep of the servant of God.

Philippians 4:15-19 And you Philippians yourselves well know that in the early days of the Gospel ministry, when I left Macedonia, no church (assembly) entered into partnership with me and opened up [a debit and credit] account in giving and receiving except you only.

For even in Thessalonica you sent [me contributions] for my needs, not only once but a second time.

Not that I seek or am eager for [your] gift, but I do seek and am eager for the fruit which increases to your credit [the harvest of blessing that is accumulating to your account].

But I have [your full payment] and more; I have everything I need and am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent me.

[They are the] fragrant odor of an offering and sacrifice which God welcomes and in which He delights. And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Satan knows that the way out of poverty is giving, he is using against ignorant Christians and they accept swallow it.

If a servant of God today, walks into a widows house, and is told that all she and her son had, in this hash Buhari wheather, is two cups of garri, no hope from anywhere, but the man of God insists that the widow offers the last 2cups of garri they had left in their entire house to him, what will be the reaction of some people here?
But Ellijay did it, but when the widow obeyed, for three and half years of Famine, the two cups of garri never finished. When others were crying for hunger, they had to eat because they gave to God first.

When the Widow came to give her last mite (offering) in the congregation where Christ was, He knew that was all the woman had, home and abroad, why didn't Christ stopped the woman from giving?
Kingdom prosperity can only be achieved though giving, especially to God.
@Ops.
Sorry for the long post.

All this long post just to defend fraud.
Show me a place where Jesus or the Apostles charged money for prayers.

If you give, to the work of God or to man, you will be blessed. But that does not give anyone the license to force people to give.

Samuel did not ask Saul for money. Jesus did not ask the widow for money. Jesus borrowed Peter's boat and returned it. Elijah was in need of food and he said make my own first. No evidence that he ate everything. God did not command Elijah to take food from the woman while he had enough to eat at home. And immediately, the woman had abundance. Many people give to so called men of God and suffer after giving.

Jesus did not take food for himself. He took the food to feed the congregation. That is compassion. How can you even compare that to way many preachers demand money nowadays.

I can understand the poster who hissed above.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Rock Sun Shade In The Church ? / Since Jesus Had No Seed, No Man Inherited His Righteousness / Who Killed More People In The Bible, 'God' Or 'Satan'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.