Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K (11412 Views)

In One Year, Obiano Has Carried Out Silent Revolution In Anambra –bianca Ojukwu / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by AfroBlue(m): 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
Bianca Speaks From U. K.

Did The Honorable G E J arrange to quickly fly her to the U. K.?

Bianca speaks from UK

I thought my husband would make it

• Ojukwu helped in shaping modern Nigeria –Tafida

From JULIANA TAIWO-OBALONYE, London

Monday, November 28, 2011

Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s widow, Bianca, yesterday told a delegation of the Nigerian High Commission in Britain, led by the High Commissioner, Dr. Dalhatu Tafida, that her husband’s death came as a surprise especially after he had been discharged.

A downcast Bianca, who was receiving visitors at her sister’s residence in central London, revealed that her late husband, who had been in a London hospital since December last year, was already very aware and alert and was planning to return to Nigeria for full recovery.

Bianca, who singled out President Goodluck Jonathan, his wife, Patience, Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, Dr. Tafida, embassy staff and Nigerians home and abroad for standing by the family in their hour of travail, said Ojukwu had surprised doctors and the family severally even when he was given up for death and recovered.

“I will like to begin by thanking His Excellency, Alhaji Dalhatu Tafida, for leading such a strong delegation to commiserate with me today, so short notice because I am sure some of you had other engagements today, I’m sure many of you had to cancel your enagements to come and console me today. Alhaji Tafida called as soon as he heard of his demise, I’m sure he was probably woken up, my husband was still lying on the bed and offered words of support and encouragement and I am very grateful. At times like that, when all hope seems lost, it is amazing how few words are able to achieve.

“My husband as you all know, came here to the UK on the 23rd of December 2010 after suffering a very serious stroke and I will also like to use this opportunity to thank not just Alhaji Tafida who came to the hospital to visit him, to pray for him, also others who prayed for him also. “We all must die, but I must say his demise at this time came as a surprise, because he had just been discharged from the hospital, he was doing so well and I have never seen him look so well, he was interractive, he was very alert, very aware and we will sing him songs, cracked jokes.

And I remember I was saying to him, it is getting very cold in this country and we must go home, are we going to go home and he would nod very emphatically, but he never did make it home. Very surprisingly, his situation which we thought had improved remarkably, suddenly took a turn for the worse. Like other times, I always say I have seen him through very bad times when the doctors will tell us he wouldn’t make it to morning, but he would always struggle and in the morning he would still be there. But this time, he didn’t struggle he went peacefully.

“Nobody asked God what his intentions are, but we would have preferred he stayed on, I cannot ask God why at this time. But to God be the glory, He is the giver of life and he decides when to take it. I always say there is nothing more heartwarming in a situation like this when you have all taken out time to come here and share this difficult period with me. I thank you all for taking out this time to come and commiserate with me. I will also like to use this opportunity to thank our President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Dame Patience Jonathan, who have been very supportive through all this, the Governor of Anambra State who arrived Nigeria yesterday (Saturday) from France, where they had gone on a trade summit with Mr. President and had to get on the next plane coming back to the UK. His wife who was with me throughout this ordeal in the hospital. And so many Nigerians for their prayers.

“You can have the best doctors in the world but I think it is prayers that have kept him this long and I continue to thank you all for your support, Nigerians in the UK and others. And I asked that if you are ever faced with a situation like this that God sent you consolers as you have come to console me today. Thank you”. Earlier, Dr. Tafida said his loss was a great one, not only to the Igbos, but to Nigerians as a whole. “When I heard the news, the terrible news through a telephone call, it was a great loss not only to you or even to the Igbo race, but also to the whole of Nigeria.

“Chief Ojukwu has helped to shape modern Nigeria because it was through him that we were able to have state that we now call states that are cells of development in Nigeria. His loss therefore, should not be considered as a loss to just one section of the country, it is a loss to the whole country. This is why when we learnt about it, it was unanimously decided that we should be here today to commiserate with you. Our intention will be to send a formal letter to the funeral event, we will also send a letter to the Governor of Anambra State and also to the President.

“We do not want to bother you because we know it is a period of grief, your husband has passed through a long period of agony so to say. We do hope and pray that the call he has answered will be to internal glory”, he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/nov/28/national-28-11-2011-001.html
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by KnowAll(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2011
This woman should grieve privately and quietly, all this crocodile tears is not it. I beg make she spear us, God knows whether her purported philandering na im kill the old man sef. A good lesson for a lot of old men with young wives. Love no reach vegetative state oh, the moment you are indispose the woman go waka. cool
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Sunofgod(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ikemba Nnewi, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s widow, Bianca, yesterday told a delegation of the Nigerian High Commission in Britain, led by the High Commissioner, Dr. Dalhatu Tafida, that her husband’s death came as a surprise especially after he had been discharged.

Why was he discharged if he wasn't fully recovered?

This sounds like a case of medical negligence.

We await the post-mortem . . .
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by AndreUweh(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2011
KnowAll:

This woman should grieve privately and quietly, all this crocodile tears is not it. I beg make she spear us, God knows whether her purported philandering na im kill the old man sef. A good lesson for a lot of old men with young wives. Love no reach vegetative state oh, the moment you are indispose the woman go waka. cool
You are a no brainer. This is a no time for your rubbish.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by AndreUweh(m): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2011
Sun of god:

Why was he discharged if he wasn't fully recovered?

This sounds like a case of medical negligence.

We await the post-mortem . . .

Discharged from hospital doesn't mean end of treatment. Stroke sufferers do not stay in hospital forever. Treatment continues from home.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by AndreUweh(m): 4:45pm On Nov 28, 2011
@Bianca.
Dibe Ndidi ka mma.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by KnowAll(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2011

At times you Igbo people should use your brains, I have no grudge against the Ikemba, but I sense a desperation either by his wards or the wife to discard him off the sooner the better(were they not already fighting for his Ikoyi Property). All these Crocodile tears are not it at all,  that is a fact.

The old man was withdrawn from a private hospital in London because of cost and put in a NHS Hospital, I beg are they saying the Nigerian Government cannot foot the bill of the Ikemba in a private Hospital. I beg make we hear word jooor.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2011
KnowAll:

At times you Igbo people should use your brains, I have no grudge against the Ikemba, but I sense a desperation either by his wards or the wife to discard off him the sooner the better(were they not already fighting for his Ikoyi Property). All these Crocodile tears are not it at all,  that is a fact.

The old man was withdrawn from a private hospital in London because of cost and put in a NHS Hospital, I beg are they saying the Nigerian Government cannot foot the bill of the Ikemba in a private Hospital. I beg make we hear word jooor.

I understand what you're saying. It may even be true.

However, let the woman grieve in peace without all this wahala you're talking about. To lost someone takes a while to glance in another direction. Even if you hate or love that person, their absence will still be missed. Even if she's too young for him, he was still like her father. Let her grieve in public, private and inbetween.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by AndreUweh(m): 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2011
KnowAll:

At times you Igbo people should use your brains, I have no grudge against the Ikemba, but I sense a desperation either by his wards or the wife to discard off him the sooner the better(were they not already fighting for his Ikoyi Property). All these Crocodile tears are not it at all,  that is a fact.

He was in a private ward in an NHS hospital reputable for stroke management. Death is inevitable in this world. I have followed his treatment from his first second month in hospital till death.
Just say RIP to him and that's all.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by AndreUweh(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I understand what you're saying. It may even be true.

However, let the woman grieve in peace without all this wahala you're talking about. To lost someone takes a while to glance in another direction. Even if you hate or love that person, their absence will still be missed. Even if she's too young for him, he was still like her father. Let her grieve in public, private and inbetween.
Well said.
You are a good girl this days. Glory be to God for that.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by namfav(m): 5:12pm On Nov 28, 2011
dody woman, atleast she will inherit alot of money, the man could not speak for over a year
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Well said.
You are a good girl this days. Glory be to God for that.

Abi jare. still expecting the day you'll be a good boy and stop with the immature insults on opinions that differs from yours.

Andre Uweh:

Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2011
Were people see tears, I see a distraught woman with a heavy heart. She is passing through a very difficult time and  now in mourning. Please, allow her mourn her husband of choice.

U are free to carry on with watever perverted fantasies u might be entertaining in your perverted minds.  angry cool
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by namfav(m): 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2011
shocked

Bliss4Lyfe:

Were people see tears, I see a distraught woman with a heavy heart. She is passing through a very difficult time and  now in mourning. Please, allow her mourn her husband of choice.

U are free to carry on with watever perverted fantasies u might be entertaining in your perverted minds.  angry cool
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by dempeople(m): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
I'm still yet to come to terms with Ikemba's demise.

Bianca will cope. She must've learnt a lot by living with such a powerful figure though I'd be disappointed if that wasn't the case.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Desola(f): 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2011
after all said and done and the press have carried their microphones and dictophones, she would sashay into her hotel room into the longing arms of ike eba's brother to have her congo shined.

Abeg, na today?
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by PointB: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2011
Desola:

after all said and done and the press have carried their microphones and dictophones, she would sashay into her hotel room into the longing arms of ike eba's brother to have her congo shined.

Abeg, na today?

Coming from Nairaland confirmed prosti'tute, who would be surprised. Certainly not me.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Desola(f): 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2011
PointB:

Coming from Nairaland confirmed prosti'tute, who would be surprised. Certainly not me.

You see say I tok true. I sabi the winch wella! Na the same caucaus, me, your mama and she dey.

Leave mata, ike eba's broda's rod was waiting patiently for her to finish the interview to stroke her to relieve the stress of the interview.

See, the lady is looking hagard already. I tell am say this tin no be 3 square meals, she gasto take it easy. Ike eba's broda would not give it the tlc ike eba was giving it in his lifetime.

Anyway sha, long live the fo.ck.ing to her soul. Now
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by PointB: 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2011
Desola:

You see say I tok true. I sabi the winch wella! Na the same caucaus, me, your mama and she dey.

Leave mata, ike eba's broda's rod was waiting patiently for her to finish the interview to stroke her to relieve the stress of the interview.

See, the lady is looking hagard already. I tell am say this tin no be 3 square meals, she gasto take it easy. Ike eba's broda would not give it the tlc ike eba was giving it in his lifetime.

Anyway sha, long live the fo.ck.ing to her soul. Now

Was that what HID Awolowo did when her husband succumbed to self help rat poison?
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Desola(f): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2011
PointB:

Was that what HID Awolowo did when her husband succumbed to self help rat poison?

Hahaha, o ti jo! grin grin grin
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by macjive01: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2011
PointB:

contains two sachets only

***including those resistant to warfarin****
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by PointB: 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2011
Desola:

Hahaha, o ti jo! grin grin grin

O better. Ma bere nko ti o le pari. Daku mo be e.  wink wink wink wink
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Basics007: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2011
Desola:

Abeg, na today?
Are you for real?!
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by fyomer: 10:52am On Nov 29, 2011
[list]
[li]My dearest Bianca,take heart[/li]
[li]God gives and takes[/li]
[li]like you said,you cannot question GOD[/li]
[li]thank you for been a good and humble wife[/li]
[li]please look after your children for now,which i know is IKEMBA'S no 1's will and wish[/li]
[li]We will all die someday[/li]
[li]hope to see you someday,since i couldt see IKEMBA,you are his replica[/li]
[li]REST IN PEACE, DIM CHUKWUEMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU[/li]
[li]ADIEU IKEEEEEEEEEMBA[/li]
[li]God bless you,AMEN.[/li]
[/list]
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by nawfia(m): 11:31am On Nov 29, 2011
You fought the good fight, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

you lived a fulfilled life, cool cool

rest in peace Ezeigbogburugburu, Dike anyi ji-eje mba, laa n'udo cry cry
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by muyoto: 11:44am On Nov 29, 2011
poor woman. . .
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2011
I sympathize with you Bianca
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by kasiem(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2011
bianca, ada madu! ife a bukwanu ife dasara anyi ncha, obugho so gi ka ometutara nya ina ebe ijiri ya nwayo dika anyi si kwa wee na etinyere anyi onwe anyi obi oho. Chukwu nyere nwata ji, ye enyekwo ya mbazu oye eji wee gwuo ya. nke di n'iru ka mma
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by purplekayc(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2011
sowwieeeeee embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 29, 2011
Bianca take heart, God gives nd take.
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by paragga(f): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
KnowAll:

Absolutely no brain. Can you just take a sec and go through what you wrote, what do you know about Bianca
Re: Bianca (Ojukwu's Widow) Speaks From The U.K by HighChief4(m): 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
Bianca may God grant you, family and us Igbos the fortitude to bear this loss.

Ikemba Jee nke oma

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku - No Talks With Obasanjo To Fight Jonathan / Why Construction Of Katsina Refinery Stalled / BREAKING: Contrary To Earlier Report That Atiku Lost His Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.