Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement (22558 Views)

Did Governor Wike Really Make This Statement? If He Did, It's Time To Order / If Barack Obama Make This Statement, He Will Be Impeached The Next Day!! / Press Statement By Buhari, GCFR, On The School Certificate Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Baawaa(m): 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
A soldier statement, recently Gaddafi's son mak worst statements dan dis
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:30pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

The war was between North and east yet Biafran soldiers didnt invade the north, Rather they came to Ore in the West, I am sure someone might come here and say they were trying to go to Kano via Ore.

Thank God for people like Benjamin BABAMAJA ADEKUNLE

Like I said for 1 Yoruba that was killed Akintola, Its 100,000 Ibos

get your facts right , the war was between east and north thats why we are puzzled that someone from the west will make the comment even though they were not involved, meanwhile how many northerners have you killed since they have been killing all your leaders right from after the war, coward you prefer slavery .

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2011
They thought war select which to kill out of the enemies at sight. They never knew guns pelted at random and that tanks reel in succession. They thought war was like fight 2 hrs then go back to cook, shower, visit mall, friends and then come back in another 6 hrs or never. WW 1 was thought to have ended before Christmas of 1914. The thought of Allies and Axis. But it never ended until 1945. Those of you that beat the drum of war on NL, may be you don't know that some people career is just to do that, like the Great Black Scorpion, "eni sango ba tojue wole, oni tohun oni bawon bu oba koso".
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Ribaman(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
The sheer drivel that comes out of the gobs of us Nigerians is totally sickening. Whatever side you fought on during the Nigerian Civil War is now irrelevant: you have to belong to the lucky 1% that has looted, or/and are still looting Nigeria, to be satisfied with the current status quo.  In fact, I have seen and heard retired army officers regret that they fought to keep the Nigeria one. So, stop all the childish name-calling: Nigeria is in a bigger crisis

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
afam4eva:

How can a war be between North and east. So, were the eaterners trying to break away from the north? Dude, you have lost it totally

You lack of education or blindness cant be my fault

meanwhile why not address the poster who claimed It was between North and east

bashr8:

i hope my igbo folks are reading all these comments from yoruba peeps. its always good to know who your neighbours are and what they wish of you. see the hatred and bitterness in there responses , very interesting.

meanwhile am yet to get a proper response, it would have been understandable to get such comment from a northern soldier cause the war was between east and north.

But in your usual bigotted self, you refused to engage your brain
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2011
Riba_man:

The sheer drivel that comes out of the gobs of us Nigerians is totally sickening. Whatever side you fought on during the Nigerian Civil War is now irrelevant: you have to belong to the lucky 1% that has looted, or/and are still looting Nigeria, to be satisfied with the current status quo.  In fact, I have seen and heard retired army officers regret that they fought to keep the Nigeria one. So, stop all the childish name-calling: Nigeria is in a bigger crisis
they don't no really how deep things have gone, everything to them is a joke cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

They thought war select which to kill out of the enemy at site. They never knew guns pelted at random and that tanks reel in succession. They thought war was like fight 2 hrs then go back to cook, shower, visit mall, friends and then come back in another 6 hrs or never. WW 1 was thought to have ended before Christmas of 1914. The thought of Allies and Axis. But it never ended until 1945. Those of you that beat the drum of war on NL, may be you don't know that some people career to just do that, like the Great Black Scorpion, "eni sango ba tojue wole, oni tohun oni bawon bu oba koso".

there nothing brave about soldiers killing women and children ,biafra did not even have up to 60 thousand soldiers total yet over 200 thousand nigerian soldiers died in the war. how come biafran casualties were mainly children that died of starvation and children and women killed by nigerian soldier, pls bravery and nigerian soldier dont go together.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2011
nku5:

@ Dayokanu - those world war2 cases you mentioned were before the geneva convention that gentlemen officers have lived and fought by. But if you want to examine them note that japan's imperialistic aims had seen them overrun china, philipines, pearl harbour among numerous others and I hope you know the japs were robot like suicide troops who would have fought till millions of lives would have been wasted. As for the sacking of berlin, the german troops refused to surrender and had to be mopped up house to house. Since then all has not been fair in war. There were wars going on in vietnam and though there were atrocities which occurred mainly because it was largely a guerilla war, no sane american commander could have come up with that statement.

How come the Nazi Germans were tried for war crimes commited Pre Geneva convention?

How come no one has been tried for war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Japans aim was to bla bla bla and the next thing was to Nuke the civilian Population?

I wonder how Ibos reason for real
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

you mean victor banjo. well its good for my igbo peeps to read this and remember when you plan something with a yoruba man and it goes bad he will cowardly deny it . for all those igbos running their mouth and calling for revolution i hope you first learn something from history

Well Ibos never learn
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

You lack of education or blindness cant be my fault

meanwhile why not address the poster who claimed It was between North and east

But in your usual bigotted self, you refused to engage your brain

why not use your own brain to answer my question rather than posting irrelivant comments
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 5:39pm On Nov 29, 2011
they think  killing babies and mothers make you a strong man now i believe that an average yoruba man fiscally abuse their wives and kids cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Well Ibos never learn

i agree with you on this one thats why i want those foolish igbos that never learn never to involve themselves in any form of revolution , all man answer im papa name , at least we finally agreed on something.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Rhino5dm: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
DK, are you in anyaway related to this Black Scorpion?. . .the way you come dey spit fire here is very entertaining.

I have to read through all the comments here. What a refreshing evening!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by emcaluv(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
I wonder why all these noise. Ojukwu went into exile not because he was loosing the war but the dangers the citizenry was facing. Awolowo used food Blockade to win the war for Nigeria. Mind you hungry soldiers cannot fight.

I wonder why someone will choose to kill defenseless civilians. Libyan's rebels did not slaughter civilians in Libya. I wonder why we call ourselves one Nigeria. The foundations of this unholy alliance called Nigeria must collapse one day. It's really nauseating to see some posts here. Some people are actually celebrating the killing of igbos calling it an act of war. Maybe you will slaughter your father one day because he annoyed you and call it an act of war. This same killing and inpunity is still going on up till today (May 2011 election violence)

Ojukwu is dead and i don't think Igbos will keep silent again. I believe Ojukwu has been the brain behind non-retaliation of dis-enfranchised igbos in the North.

Yorubas and hausas executed their ethnic cleansing called Civil war. You can liken that to Somalia and Kosovo war.

Shame on you guys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Adekunle

Adekunle popularity during Nigeria civil war was due to the speed at which he defeated Biafran army in major battles and speed of advances. However, the advance became stalled and Biafran forces pushed back and recaptured Owerri, Ikot Ekpene, and other cities. Also, Biafran troops launched successful ambushes while Adekunle's 3MC gained little and suffered very high casualties. This was the state of 3MC before Adekunle was redeployed back to Lagos for a new commander, Colonel Olusegun Obasanjo who later used the troops to defeat Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ak47mann(m): 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

i agree with you on this one thats why i want those foolish igbos that never learn never to involve themselves in any form of revolution , all man answer im papa name , at least we finally agreed on something.
Gbam we know that already to ur tent Oh Israelite cool
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2011
ak47mann:

you are a fool, you think you lot are anything in that union, let me tell you Yoruba are the last people to worry about when its comes to military power,you make so much loud noise mean while nothing.
Abiola was poison your elders that you think are all and all went behind and took bribe from Hausa people you are not relevant,  the war was fought b/w east and north awolowo the loser if igbo want we could have let him rot in jail but drinking otilikpo was better solution for him cos never tested president and is still going on.

Yorubas are the last to worry in Military power because we have people like Benjamin Adekunle who knew how to reduce Biafra and Ibos to rubbles

"I want see no Red Cross, no caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionaey and no United Nations delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even at things that don't move"

-----Benjamin Adekunle

You heard that? A Yoruba man takes no hostages, He shoots at anything that move and doesnt move.

When Ojuku heard that he had to borrow skirts and Gstring next destinaton was Abidjan while the populace suffer
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Afam4eva(m): 5:46pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

Yorubas are the last to worry in Military power because we have people like Benjamin Adekunle who knew how to reduce Biafra and Ibos to rubbles

he knows how to reduce children and women to rubbles. Imagine someone boasting to have killed 2 million helpless women and children. What a shame. Why do you think the spirit of those he killed have been hunting him. He'll probably die mentally deranged and he will not be remembered even by those he fought for.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

They thought war select which to kill out of the enemies at sight. They never knew guns pelted at random and that tanks reel in succession. They thought war was like fight 2 hrs then go back to cook, shower, visit mall, friends and then come back in another 6 hrs or never. WW 1 was thought to have ended before Christmas of 1914. The thought of Allies and Axis. But it never ended until 1945. Those of you that beat the drum of war on NL, may be you don't know that some people career is just to do that, like the Great Black Scorpion, "[size=18pt]eni sango ba tojue wole, oni tohun oni bawon bu oba koso[/size]".

Wa sere omoluabi.

they thought war was a carnival Well Benjy schooled them on the art of war
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Bashr8, its nobody fault if Biafra is weak in logistics. Blame this on the so called Oxford graduate with honours whose book knowledge made him skip the politics of war in his prelude to the campaign. What a shame! In WW 1 & 2, the civillians claim the most casualties, so why the Ibos complain on what they started childishly. These are all fallout of war.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 5:50pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

You heard that? A Yoruba man takes no hostages, He shoots at anything that move and doesnt move.

When Ojuku heard that he had to borrow skirts and Gstring next destinaton was Abidjan while the populace suffer

dk, stop this

although I know this discussion is emotional, I don't think u should be talking like that.

ALWAYS RESPECT THE DEAD
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2011
Hye-Bits:

@ Bashr8, its nobody fault if Biafra is weak in logistics. Blame this on the so called Oxford graduate with honours whose book knowledge made him skip the politics of war in his prelude to the campaign. What a shame! In WW 1 & 2, the civillians claim the most casualties, so why the Ibos complain on what they started childishly. These are all fallout of war.

we know all that but this is not about the physical war what what was in the mind of adekunle to make that statement. especially as he is not from the north, the east was fighting northern takeover of biafra. remember the same yorubas were overun by northerners and they were complaining asking the northern leaders to leave so what now made a yoruba soldier to make this statement about a people that are trying to pursue the northern soldiers they could not pursue in yorubaland.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Nov 29, 2011
afam4eva:

he knows how to reduce children and women to rubbles. Imagine someone boasting to have killed 2 million helpless women and children. What a shame. Why do you think the spirit of those he killed have been hunting him.

How many women are Children were in Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

How many women were in berlin when Soviet soldiers attacked

How many women are children were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan

How many women were killed by Biafra soldiers in the midwest?

This is someones account of what Biafran soldiers did in the midwest yet no one is coming here teary eyed crying that the opponent didnt observe the end of round recess

DEEHASAL:

He explained the pains of witnessing the gang-violation of his eldest sister by Biafran troops

http://www.dawodu.net/midwest.htm
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ bashr8, don't get this wrong, Yoruba people also have interest in Nigeria and what happens within it. To set you alright you thought East is at war with the North. But Ojukwu knew his strategy is to subject and harness the West. Why did the Biafra soldiers set their resounding boots on western soil, capturing, killing, maiming, Desecrating and all sorts. Ore face-off is still fresh in some people's mind. When my Igbo brothers complain about the way Nigeria troops treated them at the war. It beats me to feel that Ojukwu run a successful propaganda among the Igbos.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by aljharem3: 6:02pm On Nov 29, 2011
bashr8:

we know all that but this is not about the physical war what what was in the mind of adekunle to make that statement. especially as he is not from the north, the east was fighting northern takeover of biafra. remember the same yorubas were overun by northerners and they were complaining asking the northern leaders to leave so what now made a yoruba soldier to make this statement about a people that are trying to pursue the northern soldiers they could not pursue in yorubaland.

shut up

the war was taken to the west thanks to the smart brave Ojukwu

why did baifra bomb lagos killing innocent people

why did igbos kill yorubas at ORE

what were Igbos doing in Ore or is ore baifra ?

What were Igbos doing in edo and delta or are they baifra

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MASSACRE OF THE MID-WEST ?

What happened to the killing of preganent mothers of the yoruba extract or are they Baiifrans are well

Is ondo, edo, delta and lagos all  baifra ?

WHY DID BAIFRA WANT TO CAPTIVE ONDO AND LAGOS ?
WHY DID BAIFRA TROOPS make a dash to bini city and lagos ?

SMH

TO the NON-BAIFRANS ON THS THREAD, PLEASE STOP CHATTING WITH SOEM OF THE IGBOS FROGS LIKE AFAM4EVE AND BARSHR ETC

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by nagoma(m): 6:03pm On Nov 29, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@BARSHR
am still waiting for a response , why did adekunle out all other nothern soldiers make this statement ? did he have any personal issues with ojukwu or igbos before the war?   

There was no Northern Soldiers - Only Nigerian and Biafran soldiers in that crazy war. Nigeria is still waiting for Ojukwu's apology.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by ektbear: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
dayokanu:

I watched the Russian invasion of Berlin on the military channel and I knew what war was about. You need to watch or read it.

germans were fleeing preferred to be shelled by the Allied forces than to be captured by the invading Russians. The women of berlin were violated sore. yet no one went for war crimes.

War criminals are usually those who lose the war

many dont know what war is about, I guess thats why they always scream war on the internet

Russians, Germans, Japanese all suffered terribly in that war. Didn't the Soviet Union lose 10+ million men?

Japanese had 2 nuclear frikking bombs dropped on them. Yet today they are America's best friend.

Or maybe Adekunle is more frightening and devastating than two nuclear bombs and all the military might of both the Soviet Union and the Allies.

Let me never hear anyone complain about Adekunle again

1 Like

Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2011
@ Dk, I dont know the population of women and children killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. All I know is that there is no soldier casualty and the cities were not the battle lines.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Nov 29, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

DK, are you in anyaway related to this Black Scorpion?. . .the way you come dey spit fire here is very entertaining.

I have to read through all the comments here. What a refreshing evening!

I dont know but we are from the same town

Ogbomoso Ilu AJAGUNgbade.

The town that has produced the most Aare Ona kakanfos in Yoruba history
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by fadhill: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
What an interesting thread and read. Where are the NL tribal warriors? In the absence you, General Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle has won the battle again, this time on NL. What a Black Scorpion.

Let me not ever, ever ever never hear anyone complain about Adekunle again.
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by Nigerien: 6:34pm On Nov 29, 2011
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by HyeBits: 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
@Nigerien, what a shame! As you can't tilt the fact of history, do you need to get so low to cheap and childish propaganda. Sorry for your frustration, it is aknowledged and may God heal you. Ndo!
Re: Why Did Adekunle Make This Statement by bashr8: 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2011
after all these post still no reply, why did adekunle make the statement.

fadhill:

What an interesting thread and read. Where are the NL tribal warriors? In the absence you, General Benjamin Adesanya Maja Adekunle has won the battle again, this time on NL. What a Black Scorpion.

Let me not ever, ever ever never hear anyone complain about Adekunle again.

your not well informed i dont think you know how many men adekunle ledt to their grave in the hands of the out numbered and ill equiped biafrans , the black scorpion lost thousands of their men and that was why adekunle was removed  but at least they succeded in killing thousands of children in return.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"Politicians Buy AK47, Weapons For Herdsmen" - Miyetti Allah / NFIU Directors Suspended For Probing Atiku, Tinubu / Reps Angry As Dogara, Jibrin, Others Inject N40b Projects Into Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.