Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

O Ye My People! - Nairaland / General (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / O Ye My People! (91604 Views)

Bring Ye All The Tights… / All Ye Libers!!!! / Nlanders Whose Command Shall Ye Obey!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

undecided lipsrsealed embarassed angry

what? is there an ant in your pant?
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
naijababe:

what? is there an ant in your pant?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 25, 2013
There must be an ant in your pant. It is the only explanation for your conflict of emotions grin Angry and lmaoing at the same time.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:58pm On Apr 25, 2013
I laughed.

Then. . .

. . . I went back to being

Not simultaneous. tongue

BTW, you're gonna make some poor kids have a stroke in that other thread. That poor sweet boy. cheesy undecided sad cry angry
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2013
^ grin Stroke ke?! Olohun so wa mbe o
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 7:37pm On Apr 25, 2013
Man found dead on London street 'was probably stowaway who fell from plane'
José Matada was 'probably dead or at point of death' due to hypothermia and lack of oxygen when he fell, inquest told

Peter Walker
guardian.co.uk
Thursday 25 April 2013

A young man whose body was found on a pavement in west London almost certainly died after stowing away inside the landing gear of a British Airways flight from Angola in a desperate attempt to make a new life in the UK, an inquest has heard.

José Matada was either dead or at the point of death due to hypothermia and lack of oxygen when he fell from the plane as its undercarriage opened for its descent into Heathrow airport, west London coroners court was told.

He died on his 26th birthday, with a single pound coin in his pocket, as well as currency from Botswana. He is believed to have originally come from Mozambique, but authorities have been unable to trace any family or official confirmation of his identity.

His body was found on the pavement of Portman Avenue, in East Sheen, an affluent west London suburb, shortly before 7.45am on 9 September last year, just after flight BA76 from Luanda, the Angolan capital, passed overhead.

Matada, usually known as Youssoup, was only identified after analysis from an Angolan mobile phone sim card found in a pocket. This showed he had been exchanging text messages with an Anglo-Swiss woman for whom he had formerly worked.

The woman, now based in Switzerland and identified only as Hunt, said Matada had worked for her family as a housekeeper and gardener when they lived in South Africa in 2010. She correctly described a distinctive tattoo on his left arm, matching that on the body found in west London.

Giving evidence, Robert Chapman, a Home Office-registered consultant forensic pathologist who examined Matada's body, said that while the stowaway was only wearing light clothes he seemed to have survived the bulk of the 12-hour trip from the south Atlantic coast of Africa through being young and very fit, though low oxygen levels and temperatures of down to -60C in the unpressurised wheel recess of the Boeing 777 would have left him unconscious.

"In my view he was either very close to the point of death or, indeed, dead when he struck the ground," Chapman said. He described Matada's long list of injuries, which appeared consistent with a fall from a great height.

Detective Sergeant Jeremy Allsup, who led the Metropolitan police investigation, said the text messages Matada exchanged with his former employer involved a discussion of him "travelling to Europe for a better life", although there was no reason to think she knew his plans.

Homicide detectives had ruled out foul play, Allsup said, and the timings strongly indicated Matada had been on the Luanda flight. This landed at Heathrow at 7.45am, three minutes after a resident in Portman Avenue heard a thud outside.

The coroner, Sean Cummings, recorded a verdict of accidental death. He said: "This sort of travel is not very common but I'm surprised by the numbers."

Such cases are not unknown. Just two weeks before Matada's case the body of another man was found inside a plane after it landed from Cape Town, raising worries about security. BA says this is the responsibility of the airports concerned, not the carrier.

In 2001, a stowaway from Pakistan fell into the car park of a Homebase store, not far from East Sheen. While that man's family was traced, the only information about Matada appears to come from his former employer. Aside from the media the brief inquest was attended by just four people.

A spokesman for the Mozambican high commission in London said authorities in the country made a radio and newspaper appeal for family and friends but received no replies. The only information about Matada's origins came from the former employer, he said: "Of course, the police think the lady is honest and telling the truth, but this story has come from Mr Matada, and he has told something that can't be verified – it was Mr Matada that told her he was originally from Mozambique."

BA operates two flights a week from Luanda, mainly carrying oil workers and Angolan students. The aircraft lands in Luanda at 5am and sits on the tarmac until the return at midnight, giving potential stowaways time and the cover of darkness.

Records collated by the US Federal Aviation Administration suggest that at best one in four stowaways survives, but many others die or fall in transit. Survivors rarely escape unscathed – frostbite claims limbs. Among the few who did live was a Romanian on a Vienna to Heathrow flight in 2010, but he was in the air for only an hour at an unusually low altitude.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/25/man-street-stowaway-fell-plane
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 2:06pm On Apr 26, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2013
A commenter from Manchester:

Most girls in Lagos seem to spend a lot of time on their backs so this is nothing new. Nice to see a girl who goes down so quickly though :-)

^^^^very funny. First of all . . . cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
Love him. The late Donny Hathaway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9_nxjgeabM

When live sounds even better than the studio version shocked cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnkl-YQ-XWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcVEsNno40w
"When I wasn't making too much money,
You know where my paycheck went."

So simple yet so meaningful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkP7fuOzUhc
short bio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRhbSLZ6HPo
SOMEDAY WE'LL ALL BE FREE
Written by Edward Howard
Hang onto the world as it spins around
Just don't let the spin get you down
Things are moving fast
Hold on tight and you will last

Keep your self-respect, your manly pride
Get yourself in gear, keep your stride
Never mind your fears
Brighter days will soon be here

Take it from me, someday we'll all be free, yeah

Keep on walking tall, hold your head up high
And lay your dreams right up to the sky
Sing your greatest song
And you'll keep, going, going on

Take it from me, someday we'll all be free, yeah
Hey, just wait and see someday we'll all be free, yeah
Take it from me, someday we'll all be free
It won't be long, take it from me someday we'll all be free
Take it from me, take it from me, take it from me

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Someday_We%27ll_All_Be_Free

1 Like

Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 11:23pm On May 01, 2013
ehm . . .ehm . . .any Barca supporter in here? Huh? grin grin grin grin

Tikki takka . . .tikki takka. LMAO grin

[s]He's logged out of NL. Not naming names oooo[/s]
Annihilation!
Re: O Ye My People! by AjanleKoko: 11:47pm On May 01, 2013
Ola one: ehm . . .ehm . . .any Barca supporter in here? Huh? grin grin grin grin

Tikki takka . . .tikki takka. LMAO grin

[s]He's logged out of NL. Not naming names oooo[/s]
Annihilation!

I still dey here, still a supporter.
Bad result, but shyt happens some days. But you still have to get out of bed nonetheless.

So far 2013 has been a real bad year for the side. But we will be back like Arnold grin wink cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 12:22am On May 02, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I still dey here, still a supporter.
Bad result, but shyt happens some days. But you still have to get out of bed nonetheless.

So far 2013 has been a real bad year for the side. But we will be back like Arnold grin wink cheesy

grin grin grin Sounding philosophical.

Good job though. You have that spirit of sportsmanship. I actually thought you'd blame it on the boogie Messi's injury.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 10:47pm On May 04, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 11:44pm On May 04, 2013
The Talking Drum

Watch it all; he brings out the palace drum!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4oQJZ2TEVI

It takes one great drummer to know another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6NaxgmWOp8

Jamming! The old dude playing the Talking Drum is the Rock Star - and they all know it. cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE6Eo5YhuwM

Solo Talking Drummer in Zaria. Is that indigenous to them too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qEm0h5-vc4&feature=endscreen&NR=1
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 12:04am On May 05, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 12:48am On May 05, 2013
Hmmm. angry I don't need the stress. undecided

Quiz: What's Your Packing Personality?
http://www.independenttraveler.com/packing-quiz

You Are an Overpacking Procrastinator
Instead of crafting a careful list of must-pack items well before your trip, you tend to wait until the last minute and stuff as much as you can into your suitcase. You rarely forget to pack anything, but that's not because you're a particularly careful planner. Instead, you prefer to err on the side of caution by packing anything that maybe, just maybe, could come in handy on your trip. You probably have a hard time distinguishing between items you need to pack and items you want to pack, and you hate the idea of leaving behind anything useful while you're traveling.

Shirk airline baggage fees and pack lighter by planning ahead and learning what not to pack. We recommend the following resources for your packing personality:
Re: O Ye My People! by AjanleKoko: 6:43pm On May 05, 2013
^^
So many of these floating around these days. What kind of sleeper, waker, walker, runner, and now packer?

Waiting for the 'What kind of Pooper are you' Quiz o jare cool grin cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 7:48pm On May 05, 2013
AjanleKoko: ^^
So many of these floating around these days. What kind of sleeper, waker, walker, runner, and now packer?

Waiting for the 'What kind of Pooper are you' Quiz o jare cool grin cheesy

shocked shocked shocked angry

Hound dog! Don't be hating on me cos Barca lost o. I feel for you. tongue

Y'all better go get Pep whatshisname back.

P.S. One more, just for Ajanlesomething wink
http://www.quotev.com/quiz/505302/How-vengeful-are-you/
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:33am On May 15, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 10:13pm On May 16, 2013
isale_gan2: Ori L'o Ni Se

You and 'ori', eh. Okay oo smiley
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 10:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
I don miss Isale mhenn.

Holla pls. wink
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=isale_gan2] grin

angry
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hmmmm Isale Gan2

Na wa o. Its been a minute.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 1:11am On Oct 10, 2013
OAM4J: angry

Oga OAM4J, Whatzdamata?

The moderator of moderators.
The oko (betrothed) gbogbo awon omoge of nairaland.
The man with a million entries in his black book.
The gentleman player of Epetedo.
Heh? Whatizzit nau? grin

Katsumoto, I see you o. I'll get you later. cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by OAM4J: 1:22am On Oct 10, 2013
isale_gan2:

Oga OAM4J, Whatzdamata?

The moderator of moderators.
The oko (betrothed) gbogbo awon omoge of nairaland.
The man with a million entries in his black book.
The gentleman player of Epetedo.
Heh? Whatizzit nau? grin

Katsumoto, I see you o. I'll get you later. cheesy

angry angry angry
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 1:34am On Oct 10, 2013
I give up. cheesy

Did you all find a 4th mod for the Ijongbon section?

I thought NduChuckybaby would be good for it sha.
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
Katsumoto: Hmmmm Isale Gan2

Na wa o. Its been a minute.

Show your face please. Pronto!
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
isale_gan2:

Show your face please. Pronto!

Que? angry

1 Like

Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

Que? angry

Que sera sera? undecided
Re: O Ye My People! by Katsumoto: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
Larai Boluwaji:
Que sera sera? undecided

What will be will be!!!!

Quien eres senorita?
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

Que? angry

Ah! An angry face.

Is there something off with the cosmos? Is someone operating a smear campaign against moi?

An angry face suits you not at all, omotokayowale. cheesy tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (68) (Reply)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Happy Birthday To Me. This Is How God Transformed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.