Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

O Ye My People! - Nairaland / General (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / O Ye My People! (91613 Views)

Bring Ye All The Tights… / All Ye Libers!!!! / Nlanders Whose Command Shall Ye Obey!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

Rich boy, I'm not Ahmrikan! I just don't have much interest in Nollywood rubbish. Gimme a good Yoruba movie so I can have a meaningful cultural experience. tongue

Okay . . .okay. Thought you're beefing Britain
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
La'er, sister. Time for my Kukere dance. La la la la tongue
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2013
Now I surrender. I am who you all say I am. Isale gan am binu. Debosky ma binu

I have turned a new leaf...the boston bombing changed me!
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi: Now I surrender. I am who you all say I am. Isale gan am binu. Debosky ma binu

grin grin
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:18pm On Apr 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi: Now I surrender. I am who you all say I am. Isale gan am binu. Debosky ma binu

I have never been mad at you. Whoever you are. cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 4:20pm On Apr 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

I have never been mad at you. Whoever you are. cheesy

Ahh Thanks God. I have not been sleeping well since.

Ola one:

grin grin

Bros ola guilty conscience no easy.
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Ahh Thanks God. I have not been sleeping well since.

Bros ola guilty conscience no easy.
No mind am jare. She no no you. Na Philadelphia bosco she dey try use identify you. smiley
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 4:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ola one:
No mind am jare. She no no you. Na Philadelphia bosco she dey try use identify you. smiley
So she dey Philly like me...you fit give me her vital statistics?
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:26pm On Apr 19, 2013
wonlasewonimi:
So she dey Philly like me...you fit give me her vital statistics?
She carry front . . . she carry back . . . she's well packaged. You can't leave her grin
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
La'er jare.
#kukeretinzonmymind wink
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 4:31pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ola one:
She carry front . . . she carry back . . . she's well packaged. You can't leave her grin

ojigbijigbi...

Isale gan...how can I know you more than this? I'm serious this time around...will fall for me if i upgrade my lyrics?
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 4:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
Ola one:

You must be high. Who are you talking about? Who's in Philly? undecided

Anyway, I'm only interested in this Boston situation right now.
Live updates of the search in Watertown, Mass.: http://gawker.com/5995034

Side story: http://gawker.com/5995027/unluckiest-luckiest-man-survives-both-marathon-bombing-and-waco-blast
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

Side story: http://gawker.com/5995027/unluckiest-luckiest-man-survives-both-marathon-bombing-and-waco-blast

Are you surprised it's not even on front page on nl? Tonto Dike is more important!
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
isale_gan2:

I know you're not in Philly. Just kidding. wink
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2013
Cutest goshdarn terrorist ever! Don't kill him please. We'll give you Fstranger instead. Who knows how many crimes against humanity he's committed in his young life. undecided

http://gawker.com/5995110/the-hunt-for-dzhokar-tsarnaev-live-updates

P.S.
shocked New York Times interviewed the father! But those &^$^%(O#@ won't let me read it - something about reaching my max articles for the month. Anyone that can, post it here for us. Please and thanks. smiley

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/updates-on-aftermath-of-boston-marathon-explosions-2/
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
Got it.

New York Times Interview With Suspects’ Father

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWk0Qh7DOPc&feature=player_embedded

Here is a transcript of a telephone interview with Anzor Tsarnaev, the father of the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings, conducted Friday by Ellen Barry and Andrew Roth of The New York Times’s Moscow bureau.
Q.

Anything strange when you last spoke to your sons?
A.

Nothing strange, nothing at all. Everything is normal, everything is well, nothing new. Everything was thought up there…. Something is wrong. They have been framed. I am watching TV and cannot believe it. What are they talking about Watertown? He didn’t live there…. How could he live there? This is where the lie begins, why are they saying this crap?

Dzhokhar has not been in Russia since 2001. Tamerlan did come. He came to renew his passport. He stayed here and left, but did not want to go. He wanted to stay here because it was hard for him to work there.
Q.

Did he want to stay in Russia?
A.

Yes, he wanted to stay. He looked around, what the life is here, and he wanted to stay. He said I speak English now, I can work as a translator and start some business here and go to China. He had this kind of plans.
Q.

How long did he stay with you?
A.

Yes, he was here for six months. He had to wait for a new passport to be issued.
Q.

Was he in Makhachkala?
A.

Yes, he was in Makhachkala. Makhachkala, he was never out my sight. He used to sleep till lunchtime, then we visited relatives. We went to Chechnya to visit relatives. He only communicated with me and his cousins. There was nobody (else). People know. I would ask him, did you come here to sleep or what?
Q.

Did he go to Turkey?
A.

What Turkey? He has never been to Turkey. These are all lies. He must have a passport…. He did not go anywhere.
Q.

Did he want to be an American citizen?
A.

He wanted to, of course. Why not?
Q.

But it didn’t work out, right?
A.

Because with his girlfriend, there was a scandal. He hit her lightly. He was locked up for half an hour. There was jealousy there. He paid $250, that was it, he went home. Because of that — in America you can’t touch a woman, they wouldn’t give him citizenship.
A.

Because of that they didn’t give him citizenship?
Q.

He had gone through the interview, that was it. But they said, he said, they will check the federal authorities, when they check me they will give it. He would have been granted it, he passed the interview. Now we have a new system where they check young people. Because he is a Muslim, I think, and a Chechen, too.
Q.

Was he disappointed?
A.

No, he said, ‘Dad, I don’t have to go anywhere!’ He works, his wife works, he has a child, they will give it to him! He didn’t want to come (here). He had plans of his own. How could he leave everything and go?
Q.

Was he offended by the fact that they did not give him a chance?
A.

No! No! Why would he be offended? He could come and go, arrive and leave as he wished.
Q.

Did Dzhokhar want to be a citizen?
A.

He is already a citizen of America. He is an American citizen.
Q.

So he already had his citizenship?
A.

He was coming for the holidays. He told me to do a visa. I was making a visa.
Q.

Did they love America?
A.

Of course a person loves it.
Q.

Why did you not go the States?
A.

I wanted to but I got sick. I was very sick. I thought I would die, so I thought I would better be buried here. They checked me and said I was healthy as an ox, but I was losing weight. I weighed only 50 kilos. I lost about 40 kilograms, and I had strong pains inside. I had a pancreatic problem and a hematoma in my head. I needed a surgery.
Q.

Did your kids suffer from the war?
A.

No, my children did not see the war. They grew up in Kyrgyzstan.
Q.

They never saw the war?
A.

Yes, we left, ran away from the war. We did not need it, you see?
Q.

Where are you from in Chechnya?
A.

We never lived in Chechnya.
Q.

So you were Chechens living in Dagestan?
A.

Once I arrived, I’ve been living here for a year. I wanted to leave, but I was waiting for my son to come for vacation so that we could go back together.
Q.

Your brothers in the States, they say something very different about your sons.
A.

Well, we quarreled long time ago…. We were not on speaking terms.
Q.

They sound like they believe your sons did this.
A.

What can they say if they did not see them for five or six years? They are just blabbing what they know nothing about. How can they speak about them if they did not see them for a long time? If they kill him now….
Q.

How many members of your family ended up in America?
A.

Four children and parents.
Q.

And your brothers?
A.

My brother sent me an invitation … but we were not planning to stay. But the time was such, the circumstances, persecution. You must know, there was a hunt for Chechens as for wolves in the woods.
Q.

Did your children feel like Russians or Americans?
A.

Well, children, they get adjusted. Russia was like a fantasy for them. If a child has not grown up here, how can he think or dream about Russia?
Q.

Did you or your relatives work for law enforcement bodies before the war?
A.

Yes, they did. They worked for the prosecutor’s office.
Q.

In Chechnya?
A.

Yes, they were lawyers, all of them.
Q.

What is your family’s attitude to Kadyrov (the president of Chechnya)?
A.

Very good attitude. My sister was an outstanding lawyer of Kyrgyzstan, she moved there. She is in Chechnya now because everything has straightened out. The life has gotten better, as it should be. Nobody wants a war.
A.

What did the investigators want to ask you about?
A.

The investigators didn’t talk much. They were not concerned about anything. They asked what and how, just like you.
Q.

Did you hear anything from the Russian leaders, Kadyrov?
A.

I can’t think about anything like that. Seeing my child on television — he has never been to any Watertown, it is nonsense. It is nonsense. My child lives in Cambridge, first of all.
Q.

What is his character?
A.

He has the character of the best person who could exist. Anyone who sees him falls in love with him. Dzhokhar, he is a gift from Allah, not just because he is my son — he is like an angel, this child. The Americans know him better than I do. They taught him. He was in the newspapers everywhere: he was excellent, good, kind. He worked all the time. In his extra moments, he worked so that things would not be difficult for us, his parents. He didn’t keep a penny for himself. This kind of child. You understand.

Q.

Tamerlan was also calm like that?
A.

He was also a kind man. He was also a kind man.
Q.

I understand that your younger son took the will of Tamerlan like a law. Was that always true?
A.

Dzhokhar listened to Tamerlan, of course. He also listened to us. From childhood, it was that way. He had his own head on his shoulders. He was a very gifted person. He had a gift of kindness, calmness, fairness, you understand, goodness? For him to do what they’re saying, it doesn’t fit him at all, it is not possible. Not at all.
Q.

Did they go to mosque regularly, both of them?
A.

He used to bring him, Tamerlan would bring him to Friday prayers. The child, he smoked. I would occasionally find cigarettes in his pockets or his room. What kind of radicalism are they talking about? I caught him with a cigarette two or three times.
Q.

There is a feeling that in recent time they came, especially Tamerlan, became more devout?
(Line goes dead)

As CNN reported, Anzor Tsarnaev made similar charges, that his sons had been framed, in an interview with Russian state television on Friday. Mr. Tsarnaev also said that he had been questioned by the Russian security services.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/updates-on-aftermath-of-boston-marathon-explosions-2/#new-york-times-interview-with-suspects-father
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 1:51am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 3:50am On Apr 20, 2013
Re: O Ye My People! by birdman(m): 7:54am On Apr 20, 2013
isale_gan2: Cutest goshdarn terrorist ever! Don't kill him please. We'll give you Fstranger instead. Who knows how many crimes against humanity he's committed in his young life. undecided

http://gawker.com/5995110/the-hunt-for-dzhokar-tsarnaev-live-updates

P.S.
shocked New York Times interviewed the father! But those &^$^%(O#@ won't let me read it - something about reaching my max articles for the month. Anyone that can, post it here for us. Please and thanks. smiley

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/04/19/updates-on-aftermath-of-boston-marathon-explosions-2/

I generally hate conspiracy theories, but you have to wonder. People just dont wake up and kill other people. If you are not that type of person, not even your mother, talk less of your brother can make you do such things. Was this dude brainwashed?
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:59pm On Apr 21, 2013
A marathon is 26 miles. The longest distance I have ever jogged walked was 7 miles, completed in around 2 hours; I bet I can do better than that now. But I'm not doing no marathon - maybe a half-marathon; that's very common.

Kenyan marathoner Catherine Ndereba

Training for a Marathon:
The long run is an important element in marathon training.[98] Recreational runners commonly try to reach a maximum of about 20 miles (32 km) in their longest weekly run and a total of about 40 miles (64 km) a week when training for the marathon, but wide variability exists in practice and in recommendations. More experienced marathoners may run a longer distance during the week. Greater weekly training mileages can offer greater results in terms of distance and endurance, but also carry a greater risk of training injury.[99] Most male elite marathon runners will have weekly mileages of over 100 miles (160 km).[99]

Many training programs last a minimum of five or six months, with a gradual increase in the distance run and finally, for recovery, a period of tapering in the weeks preceding the race. For beginners wishing to merely finish a marathon, a minimum of four months of running four days a week is recommended.[100][101] Many trainers recommend a weekly increase in mileage of no more than 10%. It is also often advised to maintain a consistent running program for six weeks or so before beginning a marathon training program, to allow the body to adapt to the new stresses.[102] The marathon training program itself would suppose variation between hard and easy training, with a periodization of the general plan.[103]. . .

. . .The last long training run might be undertaken up to two weeks prior to the event. Many marathon runners also "carbo-load" (increase carbohydrate intake while holding total caloric intake constant) during the week before the marathon to allow their bodies to store more glycogen.

Oldest marathoner
Fauja Singh, 100, finished the Toronto Waterfront Marathon, becoming the first centenarian ever to officially complete that distance. Singh, a British citizen, finished the race on 16 October 2011 with a time of 8:11:5.9, making him the oldest marathoner.[61]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathon
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:01am On Apr 22, 2013
A little bit lot of over-singing but the winner, the Black Jap, was more calm and ultimately more appealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yWFz7ZXhuU
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 2:35am On Apr 22, 2013
This overgrown rodent is at it again. Same Uruguayan #%@$(*&! that cheated Ghana out of the World Cup Quarters. I expect Liverpool might try to get rid of him this summer. On the other hand, they seem to like their thugs; who's the other thug that played with them for a long time despite criminal charges and everything else? Bellamy?

Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ola one:
I know you're not in Philly. Just kidding. wink

OK. No worries. I forgot you like to obfuscate your biographical data so no one can place you. Case in point, all that brouhaha about you teaching school in 19gbongbonron. wink You're a young'un. Se omo dada o. cheesy

Happy Monday. smiley
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
Yes, I am nostalgic and sentimental. smiley

The one and only Dr. Ayinde Barrister - Ori Lo Ni Se.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40S9hmOhWo
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
isale_gan2:

You're a young'un. Se omo dada o. cheesy

Mo ti gbo ooo smiley

[s]Na now I know why Naijababe no call me old school again. Na you tell am[/s]
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ola one:

Mo ti gbo ooo smiley

[s]Na now I know why Naijababe no call me old school again. Na you tell am[/s]

Ola o..I know where you live in Beckton/Thamesmead.
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
ok ooo. now, who's wonlasewonimi? smiley

Thamesmead yeah, hmmmmmmmm. you too much o
Re: O Ye My People! by wonlasewonimi: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ola one: ok ooo. now, who's wonlasewonimi? smiley

Thamesmead yeah, hmmmmmmmm

Emi okurin meta ati 3 kotas
Re: O Ye My People! by Olaone1: 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

Emi okurin meta ati 3 kotas
you too much. identify yourself sharp sharp
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ola one:

Mo ti gbo ooo smiley

That was flattery. You're oooooollllddd. cheesy

BTW, what is wrong with that "ho" poster? Is he gonna be normal? undecided

I don't think I'm supposed to be talking to him, so make sure he acts right! grin cheesy
Re: O Ye My People! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
isale_gan2:

That was flattery. You're oooooollllddd. cheesy

BTW, what is wrong with that "ho" poster? Is he gonna be normal? undecided

I don't think I'm supposed to be talking to him, so make sure he acts right! grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin. Afi 'ho' naa
Re: O Ye My People! by isalegan2: 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
naijababe:

grin grin grin grin grin. Afi 'ho' naa

Can you accentuate your words or something! I can't make heads or tails of what you write sometimes. tongue

I'm serious this time. embarassed What're you trying to say? It better not be something dirty either. I will report you. wink

BTW, what does Ori Lo Ni Se mean? Please. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (68) (Reply)

Avoid Doing These 6 Things As A Man If You Want To Live Long And Remain Fertile / Men Catch Sea Cow In Kebbi While Fishing, Take It To Their Monarch's Palace / Happy Birthday To Me. This Is How God Transformed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.