Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees (9679 Views)

Ambode Inaugurates Olanrewaju Adigun-Fagbohun VC Of LASU (photos) / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / PDP Gov'Ship Candidate Dosunmu Tackles Fashola Over LASU fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by tpia5: 12:18am On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 12:19am On Dec 07, 2011
kasiem:

I hereby endorse removal of fuel subsidy. If u cant afford fuel, then, buy a bicycle. We need infrastructural development.
@ jason, my elder brother works in an engineering firm and he normally tells us that most of the whitemen there are bunch of illiterates that only relies on the excellence of nigerians to blossom. Brits are known for being lazy when it comes to schooling, that's why the normally take up lazy and vacuous courses like dancing, music, sporting etc. They wouldn't want to go for any that'll require high intellectual manpower. How many brits can pass an exam under a cramming atmosphere? Atleast, this policy make the children of the rich to more lazy and hopeless, cos the children of the poor that normally struggles to make the class competitive wouldn't be there again. Money now equates to intelligence. There are still so many gejs out there.

There is one thing you can't take away from white men, when they get a first or, at least graduate in a science course, they KNOW what they are doing. I schooled in Naija and I also schooled here (UK), from both experiences, most Nigerians like to memorise and lack understanding, thus, cannot solve a NEW problem or challenge in the field of study while Oyibos prefer to understand. Moreover, the system over here is designed in such a way where an ignorant memoriser will be found out. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A MEMORISER TO GET A "FIRST" HERE. Nonetheless, Nigerians are very hardworking compared to their oyibo counterparts.

Secondly, the UK has removed the university subsidy. As from next year, every UK citizen that is just starting a tertiary education will pay the FULL PRICE (about 8 k and above which is about 2 million naira, per year). Some will obviously not pay, so,they are indirectly forcing people to vocational jobs. This is a government with sense. We can't all be graduates(skilled labourers), we also need the unskilled.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by ektbear: 12:20am On Dec 07, 2011
Ah, it didn't ruffle my feathers. . . nothing to apologize for.

My point is, that Policy X is good/bad for me doesn't mean that it is best for society as a whole.

So there is no point in saying, "oh, if this policy hadn't been in place, then you'd probably be a farmer". . . it isn't a good argument. How it affects me specifically is irrelevant.

You see what I'm saying?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by asha80(m): 12:24am On Dec 07, 2011
jason123:

There is one thing you can't take away from white men, when they get a first or, at least graduate in a science course, they KNOW what they are doing. I schooled in Naija and I also schooled here (UK), from both experiences, most Nigerians like to memorise and lack understanding, thus, cannot solve a NEW problem or challenge in the field of study while Oyibos prefer to understand. Moreover, the system over here is designed in such a way where an ignorant memoriser will be found out. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A MEMORISER TO GET A "FIRST" HERE. Nonetheless, Nigerians are very hardworking compared to their oyibo counterparts.

Secondly, the UK has removed the university subsidy. As from next year, every UK citizen that is just starting a tertiary education will pay the FULL PRICE (about 8 k and above which is about 2 million naira, per year). Some will obviously not pay, so,they are indirectly forcing people to vocational jobs. This is a government with sense. We can't all be graduates(skilled labourers), we also need the unskilled.

no wonder there has been demonstrations there.austerity measure i guess
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 12:28am On Dec 07, 2011
asha 80:

no wonder there has been demonstrations there.[b]austerity measure [/b]i guess

Asha, people HATE that word here. Dem no wan here am. . . .auster -wetin? grin
The reason students are demonstrating is because they (the leaders) went to school while it was cheap but them (students) now have to suffer apart from paying more debts (student loans) after uni. Bros, students dey vex seriously!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by pluto04(m): 12:30am On Dec 07, 2011
jason123:

Are you aware that the Goverment has made affordable loan available to all (including less wealthy and the poor) so that they can still acquire university education if they want it? That is a responsible government that will not want University education to become elitist! Did Fasola think of such measures?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2011
pluto04:

Are you aware that the Goverment has made affordable loan available to all (including less wealthy and the poor) so that they can still acquire university education if they want it? That is a responsible government that will not want University education to become elitist!

Yes, I am aware, read:

jason123:

more debts (student loans)

Secondly; since we do not have a good data base, we will have to make use with what we have.

Even at that (affordability of loans), do you know that the amount of students in unis next year will decrease DRAMATICALLY. Most of the guys want to go to carpentry,bricklaying and car repairs (they earn reasonable amounts) and the women, care homes etc.

Lastly, next, its gonna go "elitist"! How many people can afford over 60K debts? Even at affordable rates, people still don't like them. Most work while in Uni to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by kasiem(m): 12:40am On Dec 07, 2011
jason123:

Tuition fee doesn't determine a brilliant child. This kind of policy will make it easier for a dumb kid of a rich man, but, very tough for the smart kid of a poor man. There comes the question of are we progressing? Gej for instance would not have gotten to this stage if this kind of policy was set during his time. I can firmly tell that the children of the poor are normally more intelligent than the rich ones? Go university cults, most of useless souls there are normally from rich families.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 12:49am On Dec 07, 2011
kasiem:

Tuition fee doesn't determine a brilliant child. This kind of policy will make it easier for a dumb kid of a rich man, but, very tough for the smart kid of a poor man. There comes the question of are we progressing? Gej for instance would not have gotten to this stage if this kind of policy was set during his time. I can firmly tell that the children of the poor are normally more intelligent than the rich ones? Go university cults, most of useless souls there are normally from rich families.

Kasiem, Some, if not most of our "poor kids" (no offense to the jambites) are not focused in school, rather, they are into BBs, Big boy mentality etc because they are not paying enough. If they are paying through tougher circumstances, they will be more focused to see the return of their investments (as they do in the UK and other countries).
Your points are valid. I can't really fault your logic but this is where I stand.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by EkoIle1: 12:50am On Dec 07, 2011
pluto04:

And your day job is to troll social media looking for any topic about Tinubu, Fasola and ACN seeing blue and trying to convince gullible people that it is red? They actually pay you for doing that? Says a lot about your peasized brain and that of the people that engaged you!

And your job is to show up in all Fashola and Tinubu threads to show case your sadness, stupidity and ignorance like you do always right?  

It must be killing you that this is all you stand for in life. See Fashola and Tinubu and your world is upside down.

I wasn't even talking to this idiot, but like they say, guilty conscience and insecurity is a b.it.ch. Oloshi Bleep you and your re-tarded guilty conscience.

I see you committing suicide because of Fashola.    loser,
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:51am On Dec 07, 2011
@kobo, what question?

you guys do know it is just LASU that's in question. UNILAG is an FG school and their school fees will still remain the same (less than 25,000) so any1 that HAS to school in lagos can head to UNILAG.the case of the UK applies to all government owned schools (I guess) that's why there is so much of an outrage there.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by pluto04(m): 12:51am On Dec 07, 2011
jason123:

Secondly; since we do not have a good data base, we will have to make use with what we have.

Even at that (affordability of loans), do you know that the amount of students in unis next year will decrease DRAMATICALLY. Most of the guys want to go to carpentry,bricklaying and car repairs (they earn reasonable amounts) and the women, care homes etc.

Lastly, next, its gonna go "elitist"! How many people can afford over 60K debts? Even at affordable rates, people still don't like them. Most work while in Uni to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Well I can assure that quite a lot of people can afford 60k debt (according to university enrolment figures this year that increased)!
Government funded loans made all the difference. People not going to universities are making active choice not to go based on preference and aptitude and are not simply forced into that decision by financial circumstances.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by pluto04(m): 12:59am On Dec 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

And your job is to show up in all Fashola and Tinubu threads to show case your sadness, stupidity and ignorance like you do always right? 

It must be killing you that this is all you stand for in life. See Fashola and Tinubu and your world is upside down.

I wasn't even talking to this , but like they say, guilty conscience and insecurity is a b.it.ch. Oloshi bleep you and your re-tarded guilty conscience.

I see you committing suicide because of Fashola.    loser,
And how many Fasola, Tinubu and ACN threads have you seen me on? Tosser!

I wasn't realy surprised by your expletives. Your peasized brain wont allow you to be able to debate anything rationally. You have to cover your inadequacies with gutter language. Agbero with access to the internet. I see your entire lineage committing suicide! Dickhead!!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Kobojunkie: 1:00am On Dec 07, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

@kobo, what question?

you guys do know it is just LASU that's in question. UNILAG is an FG school and their school fees will still remain the same (less than 25,000) so any1 that HAS to school in lagos can head to UNILAG.the case of the UK applies to all government owned schools (I guess) that's why there is so much of an outrage there.

The very question I asked. You mean you did not bother reading my case before jumping in?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 1:02am On Dec 07, 2011
pluto04:

Well I can assure that quite a lot of people can afford 60k debt (according to university enrolment figures this year that increased)!
Government funded loans made all the difference. People not going to universities are making active choice not to go based on preference and aptitude and are not simply forced into that decision by financial circumstances.

Pluto04, I know of THIS YEAR (the current first years in unis). Yes, that increased. Why? Because people are scared of next year's increment. The forecast is that number of applicants next year will reduce (hope UCAS will release the official figures on BBC news).
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 1:03am On Dec 07, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

@kobo, what question?

Has she EVER been to Unilag?! Does she know the senate building etc?? I dey laugh o!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Obiagu1(m): 1:06am On Dec 07, 2011
“Where in the world have we seen tuition fee of university of N25,000? You cannot find this anywhere. Even the nations that are developed and wealthy do not give education for N25,000.

“LASU started very well and over the years, the population grew and beyond the available facilities and the school began to deteriorate. We are determined to rescue LASU and we will not make it a school for the poor.

Wahala dey for Yorubaland oo!

Now Awo's vision is being shredded to pieces; no more education for the masses but for the rich.

I hail you Fashola, the best governor in Yorubaland!

Eko oni baje!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GAR3TH(m): 1:08am On Dec 07, 2011
You get what you pay for, Nothing is free in life. If you want better quality in education and better facilities you got to pay for it, no questions asked.

It cost the same to build a road in the uk as it does in nigeria and It about the same to run a university in the USA as it should be in nigeria.

Just because you are in nigeria doesn't mean it should be cheaper.

But I guess the real question here is, who should pay for the increase in fees?

Should lagos state taxes pay for some of those fees as financial aid or should the students bare it all. etc

what ever the case maybe someone has to pay for you to get better facilities and a better education.

I cant even think of how you can run a university on such a low tuition.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by qmd24(m): 1:09am On Dec 07, 2011
d ruling elites keep pushing us to d edge.
we are almost there.
l pray God save them.
The wicked shall be rewarded accordingly.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Obiagu1(m): 1:16am On Dec 07, 2011
Since Fashola is the best governor in Yorubaland, the guy every other governor in the SW want to emulate.

I hereby implore the whole tertiary institutions in Yorubaland to increase their tuition fees to be at par with that of LASU.
This will provide quality education we desire for so long.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jason123: 1:17am On Dec 07, 2011
GAR3TH:

You get what you pay for, Nothing is free in life. If you want better quality in education and better facilities you got to pay for it, no questions asked.

It cost the same to build a road in the uk as it does in nigeria and It about the same to run a university in the USA as it should be in nigeria.

Just because you are in nigeria doesn't mean it should be cheaper.

But I guess the real question here is, who should pay for the increase in fees?

Should lagos state taxes pay for some of those fees as financial aid or should the students bare it all. etc

what ever the case maybe someone has to pay for you to get better facilities and a better education.

I cant even think of how you can run a university on such a low tuition.

Very intelligent comment as usual. Well done!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Obiagu1(m): 1:37am On Dec 07, 2011
@ topic: The poor should not be able to go to University in Nigeria - Fashola. I support this, we need large supply of cleaners, labourers, gate men, etc in the East because they are becoming scarce.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by EkoIle1: 1:37am On Dec 07, 2011
pluto04:

And how many Fasola, Tinubu and ACN threads have you seen me on? Tosser!

Here you are with your Fashola and Tinubu sadness and hate,

Quote from: pluto04 on April 10, 2011, 08:41 PM
I fully agree with your view. It shows the value system of the original poster glorifying a godfather who collects 15% of Lagos IGR every month leaving leaving 17million people to live on the remaining 85%!.

http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=pluto04+fashola&vs=nairaland.com&fr=yscpb&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=pluto04+fashola+%28site%3anairaland.com%29&d=4678413745590723&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=be1a0328,43eef999&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=QnraiX8ITfX_zByvAtldwA--

pluto04 (m)[b]

I don't get all the praise singing about BAT (campaign for Asiwaju of Yorubaland) or his arrogance in some of his statements in personally claiming responsibility for the action of a party. It is possible that the arrogance of ACN will approach the level of the previous AD leadership and the outgoing PDP leadership and this will lead to their dropping the ball and ultimate decimation in the southwest. ACN needs to deliver before we start praising Tinubu. All the propaganda tool (newspapers, tv stations and radio stations) being setup by the ACN hierarchy will not save them from being swept out in the next election [/b]cycle if they did not perform.

http://74.6.238.254/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=pluto04+fashola&vs=nairaland.com&fr=yscpb&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=pluto04+fashola+%28site%3anairaland.com%29&d=4915736466033044&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=ff53e8c9,a5d7df85&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=UqFWf7Td6KFJbKDltD1jFA--

pluto04 (m)
Re: Tinubu, Afenifere - Who Anchors South West Interests?
« #4 on: June 10, 2011, 08:07 PM »

Tinubu's propaganda machine at work. The article looks like it was commissioned by Tinubu to explain the reason for the ACN house vote

http://74.6.117.48/search/srpcache?ei=UTF-8&p=pluto04+tinubu&vs=nairaland.com&fr=yscpb&u=http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=pluto04+tinubu+%28site%3anairaland.com%29&d=4904655434219651&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=81bcd17b,3690fb6b&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=ohzingzO1EKjUAMPohBNSg--

Dumb a/s//s lair.

Do you need more of your sad and pathetic Fashola and Tinubu hate fest and stalking thread.

This clown can't even keep up with his own record of hate and Fashola/Tinubu stalking threads.

This is why you're mad and upset, this is all about your guilty conscience.

Oloshi loser,  grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by pluto04(m): 1:47am On Dec 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

Here you are with your Fashola and Tinubu sadness and hate,

[b]

Dumb a/s//s lair.

Do you need more of your sad and pathetic Fashola and Tinubu hate fest and stalking thread.

This clown can't even keep up with your own record of hate and Fashola/Tinubu stalking threads.

Oloshi loser,  grin grin grin

You have to go back to April to quote 3 threads abouts your idols where I contributed. Thats about 1 thread every 3 months when you post about 2 every day. Doesn't look like I am very interested in your idols. Does it? Wa-nker!

What do you think Fasola is trying to say?

Do you agree that brilliant but poor students should not be prevented from attending LASU based on only financial circumstance? Can you please let us know what is in Fasola's current proposals to prevent the door been shut on these kind of students?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by EkoIle1: 2:00am On Dec 07, 2011
pluto04:

You have to go back to April to quote 3 threads abouts your idols where I contributed. Thats about 1 thread every 3 months when you post about 2 every day. Doesn't look like I am very interested in your idols. Does it? Wa-nker!

You asked me to burst your lies and I did you dumb a//s//s lying loser.

Oloshi, what difference does it make? It's obvious that all you do is stalk Tinubu and Fashola threads to showcase your hatred and madness? Is it by accident that in all 3 quotes I posted, they all sound the same.

Shey Tinibu abi Fashola fuckkkk you born pikin and den no give you similac money ni? Why ya so mad son? How bad is it killing you?

I didn't even mention this losers name, but his trying to commit suicide,

Fcukkk you and your sad and pathetic life. grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 07, 2011
DAMN!!!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wowwww!!!!!! An insensitive and very very unnecessary statement shocked shocked shocked

OMFG shocked shocked A governor said that? WTH? I support his moves to get people out of Lagos especially unproductive ppl who seem to only see Lagos as a means for making money and not willing to contribute to the social aspect of the state but this statement is uncalled for I swear!!

Yes the tuition should be something in the range of 250k/year. I seriously support that 100% but that statment was soo insensitive, it could get him fired.

OMFG that news is fake shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is not the duty of any government to feed or school anyone, that is where humanity comes in and that starts with the citizens not the government seriously. But damn!! That statement hurts shocked shocked shocked Eko Ile please   grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by pluto04(m): 2:41am On Dec 07, 2011
Eko Ile:

You asked me to burst your lies and I did you dumb a//s//s lying loser.

Oloshi, what difference does it make? It's obvious that all you do is stalk Tinubu and Fashola threads to showcase your hatred and madness? Is it by accident that in all 3 quotes I posted, they all sound the same.

Shey Tinibu abi Fashola fuckkkk you born pikin and den no give you similac money ni? Why ya so mad son? How bad is it killing you?

I didn't even mention this losers name, but his trying to commit suicide,

Fcukkk you and your sad and pathetic life. grin grin grin

You can see that you've got nothing to contribute on this thread beyond insults. Trademark of dickheads trying to coverup intellectual deficiencies! You're probably brain-dead. I'm sure that if they open your head, there will not be a single brain cell. All the brain matter would have turn to mucous! Our conversation is finished on this thread!! I'll ignore you from this point on. Tinubu/fasola a-ss-licker! Keep up with the day/night job.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 07, 2011
I want to believe this thread is a joke!! angry
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Relax101(m): 2:48am On Dec 07, 2011
I am very sure if Rochas okorocha has said something like this, OMG, You will see enwe, mgbada and ikwikwi as usual rush to have a fun bashing-filled day.
Na wa O, This is a terrible idea.
Anyways, He better have a scholarship program for the bright students!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Obiagu1(m): 2:51am On Dec 07, 2011
Relax101:

I am very sure if Rochas okorocha has said something like this, OMG, You will see enwe, mgbada and ikwikwi as usual rush to have a fun bashing-filled day.
Na wa O, This is a terrible idea.
Anyways, He better have a scholarship program for the bright students!

Why scholarship program    angry

We need cleaners, labourers in the East, where will they come from?
I want to set up a farm in the East but can't find labourers, so we need "improved" supply of human resources from the SW.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Kobojunkie: 2:52am On Dec 07, 2011
How many scholarship schemes we never try to date? How many of them actually get into the hands of the poor they are supposedly designed for?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by ektbear: 2:52am On Dec 07, 2011
It has already been explained over and over why this is a good idea.

I understand that it might not make sense if you've not seen the concept before or had anyone explain it to you, but at this point it should be pretty straightforward.

Use the rich to subsidize everyone else, and you'll have a nice university.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Form A: How Long Does It Take To Remit Tuition Fees Abroad / How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD) / The Federal Polytechnic,ede 2011/2012 Admission In Progress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.