Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,815 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees (9678 Views)

Ambode Inaugurates Olanrewaju Adigun-Fagbohun VC Of LASU (photos) / BREAKING: Fashola Orders Reversal Of LASU Fees To Old Charges / PDP Gov'Ship Candidate Dosunmu Tackles Fashola Over LASU fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
Teminio:

I used to have lots of respect for Fashola but he seems to be losing it fast.
It is either the governor is losing touch with the realty having being the 'man on the throne' for over four years now, or he is so desperate to secure his political career by ensuring that godfather's portion is constantly sustained at the expense of the masses.
For God's sake, how can a government under democracy we are claiming to be having introduce such an increase in school fees? A number of the students in this school are self-sponsored, how are they expected to survive with the new fee? Why should a people be denied education because the government that suppose to protect the people decreed so? The truth is, LASU cannot be an attraction for the rich if that is the intention for the increase. And what sense does it make to add to the yoke of the poor because you want to attract the rich? This is an increase too much, Fashola, you have not done well in this case.

Same thing with Tinubu
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by dastudent(m): 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2011
Every citizen of cuba as a right to free education until they finish university and we make more money than cuba.weird.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Ruqaya(f): 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
Does dat imply dat d underpriviledged should b deprived of university degree.Good work Fashola,more cells should b availble,because d rate of crime has just begin 2 increase.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by kinguwem: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2011
State governments should stop establishing universities. Most states don't have the capacity to do so.
We shouldn't compare our system to what happens abroad.
Universities abroad get revenue through research grants and foundations. There are also several scholarship programmes to help poor students.
Education is not a priority in this country. Our dons are confused. There is no serious research going on in most universities to attract funding. I don't know how the lecturers become professors. Yet they want to increase their retirement age to 70 years to deprive the youths of employment opportunities.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by kinguwem: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2011
State governments should stop establishing universities. Most states don't have the capacity to do so.
We shouldn't compare our system to what happens abroad.
Universities abroad get revenue through research grants and foundations. There are also several scholarship programmes to help poor students.
Education is not a priority in this country. Our dons are confused. There is no serious research going on in most universities to attract funding. I don't know how the lecturers become professors. Yet they want to increase their retirement age to 70 years to deprive the youths of employment opportunities.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by mewindz(m): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
this sweeps all of fasholas achievements under the carpet, he didnt consider the poor before making such an increase,
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by mewindz(m): 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2011
this sweeps all of fasholas achievements under the carpet, he didnt consider the poor before making such an increase,
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GAR3TH(m): 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2011
Why do i get the impression that many here are just looking to go to college to get a piece of paper called a degree.

The reason you go to college is to get an education, to get the skill and knowledge required in your field of work.Currently you'll have a hard time getting a job if you have a degree from a nigerian university. why? Because the quality of the education is not on par with global competitors.

Yes you maybe paying N25,000 but what are you getting? Many of these universities don't have the facilities to educate their students.

How can say you want to be a surgeon but the university you went to didn't have the funds to buy and teach you the equipments used in surgery.Yes you graduated with a surgery degree but do you really know what your doing?

And before we start talking about state colleges abroad, we should know this. the reason why state colleges are cheap compared to their private counterparts is because state colleges are heavily subsidies by tax payers which leads to low tuition cost. So the final cost of the education and the cost to run the college is the same for both private and public schools.

We constantly complain that Nigerian universities are a joke, that their buildings are crumbling, their equipment is out of date, their staff is unpaid etc due to lack of funds. Now we have someone that is trying to fix the problem by raising fees and we are still complaining. How will the buildings get fix? how will you be able to get the equipment you deserve? how can you get paid qualified professors to teach you? somebody has to pay for it.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by eros(m): 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2011
I dare say that Fashola is a fo.ol, a retardeen, a moronic puppet and an animal in disguise. A learned fellow as himself should know that it is pure evil to increase tuition from 25,000 to 250,000. My God, and his foolish reason is to attract the rich and maintain the deteriorating infrastructure in the school.

WOW!!! This is daylight robbery by Fashola and his goons.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Akiika: 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
As much as i agree that college education is not cheap, residents and the less privileged students should pay a subsidized tution fee. The Governor should also make the VC to come up with plans to upgrade to a standard commensurate with the new tuition fee charged. There should be more qualified lecturers hired, abundant computers in the computer lab, well furnished libraries (i mean with books), e.t.c. It's not all about producing graduates, it's about the quality of the graduates. BTW, we should stop this mentality that the government should be doing everything, most of us don't pay tax and we expect everything from govt, Not all Nigerians will be successful simply being a graduate, let's think outside the box, all those electronic gadgets, clothings e.t.c that are manufactured in China (for Americans et al) are not made by graduates.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Akiika: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2011
TEST: Can one LASU student tell me the percentage tuition free increase?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Bolt2011(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
I dont believe increment in fees is the best way to salvage the deteriorating educational sector. The crediblity of examination bodies like JAMB, WAEC, NECO etc should be restored, the activities of PRIVATE secondary schools should be checked cos they are doing more harm than good by promoting malpractices and corruption. We need to place a greater value on skills and knowledge, not just on certificates that every dick and harry now flaunt
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GboyegaD(m): 8:11am On Dec 08, 2011
Nigerians are bunch of hypocrites who choose to prefer deceit to truth like most of our politicians. For the majority that supported Fashola on this, the simple question is if the school has thousands of students who pay a minimum of N25k per session and there was no single improvements in facilities then I can assure you that even if a few students pay a million there still wouldn't be any improvements. Many people here are supporting the idea because of their insecurity because they believe that the more graduates we have, the more tougher it becomes for them to compete and so think with the high cost of education, there will be fewer graduates and thus, they have a more secured future. I hope one day the yoruba race in particular will learn to stop beclouding themselves with deceits all the times. We have been like this from times past and we still are, what a SHAME!!!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Toks2008(m): 9:30am On Dec 08, 2011
Hmmmm,

Honestly i am so confused on this issue. This is the same institution i paid N90 per session throuh out my 4yr stay yet i i believe it is imperative to understand that so many things have changed over the years.

But one question i keep asking is this" How do we expect to improve the quality of infrastructure and education in totality with 25k not forgetting the fact that they usually tag LASU glorified secondary school back then.

i will only appeal thar Gov Fashola brings down the fee to about 100k making it easier for poor parents to send ther children to school. And if it must remain 250k which i support for some obvious reasons, there should be a modus on ground for installment payments payable within 5 months with a minimum of 100k first payment. Lets face it friends, education is not that cheap.

its just unfortunate that the rich amongst us prefers to pay $10k outside the country and will continue to look down on our institution using same phrase like poor quality of education yet many are not willing to pay huge fee to transform our institutions to world class. What a shame.

May GOD help Nigeria
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by werepeLeri: 10:46am On Dec 08, 2011
^^^

Sir - will you support a unilateral increase in University fees all over Nigeria to even the 100k that you are advocating?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 08, 2011
I've read pretty much all the comments here and its pretty obvious most people on either side og the argument are missing the point.

A. Should the fees for state schools be raised? Yes. From N25,000 to N250,000? No. I've always been of the opinion that the subsidized cost of university education is indirectly responsible for a lot of vices on campus. A Student who knows his school fees would pinch hard in his folks' pocket would think twice about joining a cult, playing around in school instead of studying, and hopefully go beyond the confines of the classroom to un-earth knowledge not just for the purpose of passing but to better himself. Before you get into a fight or something stupid, you would first reflect on how much your folks have paid. Yo would strive hard to justify the cost of your education especially if you come from a struggling family. I have a friend who has spent about 8 years (still there) in UNILORIN (No strike ooo) due to unseriousness. If he was paying say N90,000 (tuition only), he would long have been forced to reconsider his options and stop wasting government's funds!

B. A 1000% increase over-night cannot be justified and most certainly not for LASU! All the commenters supporting this increase have certainly not been to the LASU main campus -  a recent NUC report described it as a glorified primary school (not secondary school oooo). I make bold to say this is by no means an exaggeration. Please dont compare LASU to UNILAG and UI - e no even come close at all! A more sensible move would be to begin massive up-grades of the school's facilities - build hostels etal all the while letting it be known to the general public that the school's fees are gona take a huge leap in say 24 months.

D. N200,000 (minimum fees I hear) for tuition only sans accomodation is day-light robbery! Convenant charges N250,000 (with accomodation) and quality infrastructure - please note that it not subsidized by any public funds. I think N70,000 with a upper limit of N120,000 would be more like it.

E. I think a blanket increase does not quite cut it. As I understand it, Engineering students would be paying N350,000 while folks in the humanities would be paying around N200,000. I think it should be the other way round. For instance, a lot of Mass Comm students are IMHO air-heads - how about gettting them to pay the upper limit while Engineering students pay less? We certainly dont wanna drive away folks from the sciences - not when our country needs it most.

F. I hope an increase in fees would bring about a revolt amongst students as regards the crap they get from lecturers like being coerced for sex, being forced to buy "hand-outs" or out-rightly giving bribes. ASUU has been a complete failure to the educational sector of this country - they are quick to go on strikes to get salary increases and "increased funding" but soe-how have failed to rein in their members who indulge in the afore-mentioned shameful acts.

G. Tinubu / Fashola cannot absolve themselves of the rot. Over N2.1 tr has gone into the state's coffers from 1999 to date from federal allocations alone and yet LASU has not changed much - if at all!

H.There is a creeping elitism in Lagos politics. Please dont attack me - I'm just an ordinary citizen with no party affliations or beef for anyone. My Grand-Mum lives in Abesan Low Cost housing Estate; the estate contains well over 900 blocks of 6 flats (3 bed-rooms) each and was built during the Jakande era. With the kind of cheddar Lagos has been getting from 1999 to date, I have not seen any housing project on that scale. All I keep seeing are government flats being built in Lekki, Eko Atlantic e.t.c  Now its the turn of education. ! Like that Russian once said "Politicians are the same every-where - they promise to build bridges where there are no rivers".
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by onaoke: 11:34am On Dec 08, 2011
tarano, i m quite disappointed at ur comment, now because pple make money in lagos they shd spend it on tuition because they or their children school in Lasu? pls start thinking!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Toks2008(m): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^

Sir - will you support a unilateral increase in University fees all over Nigeria to even the 100k that you are advocating?

If that will raise the standard then so be it.

Haba guys, look arouns you and you will see why this increment is so vital. See guys, im not just posting my opinion but i am making these comments from personal experience.

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in this same school 14yrs back having stidied Microbiology. Do you know that i never set my eyes on Electron microscope through out my 4yr course?

It is always strike every now and then and many of us will stand all through to recieve GNS lecture and we had inadequate lecture halls and i can continue to write on so many inadequacies so why can't we just raise this standard a little.

ACN gives free education from primary to secondary level and decides to hands off tertiary education funding so what.

I believe if the government can implement a flexible mode of payment i believe a pepper seller can afford to pay 250k withing 5/6months peiod.

Lets not be hypocritical here cos i knw that many of use will rather prefer to send our children to the western countries to bag a degree not minding the millions of naira they will spend. Nonsense.

I paid N90 through out my 4yr stay and i saw the rot and low standard of education so please lets make a change.

If you have 4 children that are qualified to for a tertiary education, send one there and let the rest wait or take up vocational jobs in order to save up.

Education is not cheap and this is why No nigerian universities make up top best 50 in world ranking
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by SEGAD: 4:02pm On Dec 08, 2011
Toks2008:

Haba guys, look arouns you and you will see why this increment is so vital. See guys, im not just posting my opinion but i am making these comments from personal experience.

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in this same school 14yrs back having stidied Microbiology. Do you know that i never set my eyes on Electron microscope through out my 4yr course?

It is always strike every now and then and many of us will stand all through to recieve GNS lecture and we had inadequate lecture halls and i can continue to write on so many inadequacies so why can't we just raise this standard a little.

ACN gives free education from primary to secondary level and decides to hands off tertiary education funding so what.

I believe if the government can implement a flexible mode of payment i believe a pepper seller can afford to pay 250k withing 5/6months peiod.

Lets not be hypocritical here cos i knw that many of use will rather prefer to send our children to the western countries to bag a degree not minding the millions of naira they will spend. Nonsense.

I paid N90 through out my 4yr stay and i saw the rot and low standard of education so please lets make a change.

If you have 4 children that are qualified to for a tertiary education, send one there and let the rest wait or take up vocational jobs in order to save up.

Education is not cheap and this is why No nigerian universities make up top best 50 in world ranking

Bros you are right but responsible governments don't increase fees by 1000%.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by core13: 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2011
The fees increament came at the wrong time.Nigerian are been surffocated and being push to the wall, i hope they will not fight back one day. Removal of fuel subsidy, no kerosene, no electricity, no good roads, insecurity and high crime rates, Bokko Harram, unemployment and now increament in school fees in LASU from #25k to #250k. Definitely many students will drop out of school who may likely take into one social vices or the other.Why can't our govt be readdsonable for once?
Fashola was justifying the rationale for the fees increament that there is no where in the world university education is cheap; is it an offence to make ours cheap and good at least for poor masses sake?Is Fashola aware that education is highly subsidized in most of the western world with such fascilities like student loans etc. Well, God is watching and He will fight for the poor at the appropriate time. If Fashola mention during the last electionering campaing that he will increase LASU school fees from #25k - #250k upward will Lagosians vote him in for 2nd time?
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by mikeapollo: 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2011
What do people expect from an insincere, lying and deceitful governor who has no compassion for the poor? I have been saying it that this Fashola does not have any plans for the poor. A man that is quick to destroy poor masses shops/houses under the pretence of building roads, but would compromise road construction in order to allow room for the houses of rich men whcih should have been pulled down as well. A case in focus is the Civic Centre opposite 1004 Estate in VI.

A governor that said he is only concerned with providing housing for the middle and upper strata of the society(meaning, no room for the poor).
A governor that would impose a dubious toll fees on a road he did not build(just added 1 lane to an exisiting dual lane road)
A governor that would increase the land use charge without any comensurate improvement in service
A governor that would leave out poor people's abode and concentrate on building inflated road contracts in elitist areas of the state. A governor that would instruct state agencies to arrest market women, confiscate their wares at any slight opportunity.
A governor in Lagos, that would allow medical doctors to go on strike for over 100 days etc

Fashola is destroying the few legacies of ACN, and the earlier he is called to other the better. When the House of Assembly tried to call him to order a few years back, many people twisted the all issue. Now we are seeing how mean and useless Fashola is. After building a few roads for the first 2 years in office, his government is totally clueless.
All what he is doing now is to extort money from the people in the name of taxation
Big shame
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by mikeapollo: 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
What do people expect from an insincere, lying and deceitful governor who has no compassion for the poor? I have been saying it that this Fashola does not have any plans for the poor. A man that is quick to destroy poor masses shops/houses under the pretence of building roads, but would compromise road construction in order to allow room for the houses of rich men whcih should have been pulled down as well. A case in focus is the Civic Centre opposite 1004 Estate in VI.

A governor that said he is only concerned with providing housing for the middle and upper strata of the society(meaning, no room for the poor).
A governor that would impose a dubious toll fees on a road he did not build(just added 1 lane to an exisiting dual lane road)
A governor that would increase the land use charge without any comensurate improvement in service
A governor that would leave out poor people's abode and concentrate on building inflated road contracts in elitist areas of the state.
A governor that would instruct state agencies to arrest market women/traders,destroy their shops and confiscate their wares at any slight opportunity.
A governor in Lagos, that would allow medical doctors to go on strike for over 100 days etc
A governor that would tell me to pay for waste disposal(which was free under Tinubu), eventhoug I pay my taxes and I still have to provide my own water and electricity.

Fashola is destroying the few legacies of ACN, and the earlier he is called to other the better. When the House of Assembly tried to call him to order a few years back, many people twisted the all issue. Now we are seeing how mean and useless Fashola is. After building a few roads for the first 2 years in office, his government is totally clueless.
All what he is doing now is to extort money from the people in the name of taxation
Big shame
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GboyegaD(m): 7:09pm On Dec 08, 2011
Bagehot:

I've read pretty much all the comments here and its pretty obvious most people on either side og the argument are missing the point.

A. Should the fees for state schools be raised? Yes. From N25,000 to N250,000? No. I've always been of the opinion that the subsidized cost of university education is indirectly responsible for a lot of vices on campus. A Student who knows his school fees would pinch hard in his folks' pocket would think twice about joining a cult, playing around in school instead of studying, and hopefully go beyond the confines of the classroom to un-earth knowledge not just for the purpose of passing but to better himself. Before you get into a fight or something silly, you would first reflect on how much your folks have paid. Yo would strive hard to justify the cost of your education especially if you come from a struggling family. I have a friend who has spent about 8 years (still there) in UNILORIN (No strike ooo) due to unseriousness. If he was paying say N90,000 (tuition only), he would long have been forced to reconsider his options and stop wasting government's funds!

The cost of tuition does not connote seriousness. What most people lack is a proper orientation and foundation and that is why some kids come study abroad and they eventually drop out of school as a result of involvement in drugs. Most recent mothers in the name of affluence keeps destroying their wards by deceit.

B. A 1000% increase over-night cannot be justified and most certainly not for LASU! All the commenters supporting this increase have certainly not been to the LASU main campus - a recent NUC report described it as a glorified primary school (not secondary school oooo). I make bold to say this is by no means an exaggeration. Please dont compare LASU to UNILAG and UI - e no even come close at all! A more sensible move would be to begin massive up-grades of the school's facilities - build hostels etal all the while letting it be known to the general public that the school's fees are gona take a huge leap in say 24 months.

That would have been the best solution. To those who think increased school feesis synonymous to improved infrastructure I cannot but laugh. What we need is a total overhaul of the Nigerian education system as increased tuition in times past have not yielded any positive development in infrastructure. The next we would hear is following the massive drop out of students as a result of increase in school fees, revenues generated is too small to pay salaries of lecturers and staffs alike let alone improving existing infrastructures.

D. N200,000 (minimum fees I hear) for tuition only sans accomodation is day-light robbery! Convenant charges N250,000 (with accomodation) and quality infrastructure - please note that it not subsidized by any public funds. I think N70,000 with a upper limit of N120,000 would be more like it.

When the government and school authority justifies the present N25k being paid as school fees then, they can gradually increase school fees and it sure would be justifiable not when all the monies collected in the past years have not brought about any positive development to the school.

E. I think a blanket increase does not quite cut it. As I understand it, Engineering students would be paying N350,000 while folks in the humanities would be paying around N200,000. I think it should be the other way round. For instance, a lot of Mass Comm students are IMHO air-heads - how about gettting them to pay the upper limit while Engineering students pay less? We certainly dont wanna drive away folks from the sciences - not when our country needs it most.

F. I hope an increase in fees would bring about a revolt amongst students as regards the crap they get from lecturers like being coerced for sex, being forced to buy "hand-outs" or out-rightly giving bribes. ASUU has been a complete failure to the educational sector of this country - they are quick to go on strikes to get salary increases and "increased funding" but soe-how have failed to rein in their members who indulge in the afore-mentioned shameful acts.

It would not as most Nigerians are laid back and would never stand up for their rights. It would only get worse because most parents give their children the impression that with money they can get whatever they want so it would only yield more income for these lecturers. Afterall, if you can pay tuition of N250k, you should be able to pay N5k for hand outs and buy good grades for at least N20k.

G. Tinubu / Fashola cannot absolve themselves of the rot. Over N2.1 tr has gone into the state's coffers from 1999 to date from federal allocations alone and yet LASU has not changed much - if at all!

H.There is a creeping elitism in Lagos politics. Please dont attack me - I'm just an ordinary citizen with no party affliations or beef for anyone. My Grand-Mum lives in Abesan Low Cost housing Estate; the estate contains well over 900 blocks of 6 flats (3 bed-rooms) each and was built during the Jakande era. With the kind of cheddar Lagos has been getting from 1999 to date, I have not seen any housing project on that scale. All I keep seeing are government flats being built in Lekki, Eko Atlantic e.t.c Now its the turn of education. ! Like that Russian once said "Politicians are the same every-where - they promise to build bridges where there are no rivers".

Fashola is an elitist thus, having such policies is no crime for him. If that guy could do all he did for labour party all to retain a seat should ACN drop him at the gubernatorials then, we all should know that he is more greedy than we think. For those who do not know what he did, Fashola was the main finanier of Labour Party and that was why they had candidates for every other position except governor. He retained that so that should Tinubu and other ACN chieftains drop him, he can have a platform to vote on.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GboyegaD(m): 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
Toks2008:

Has the increament in time past improved standards
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by ektbear: 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
Toks2008:

If you have 4 children that are qualified to for a tertiary education, send one  there and let the rest wait or take up vocational jobs in order to save up.

+100

See wisdom!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Dec 08, 2011
Toks2008:

Don't you think the standard should be raised before raising the school fees?

Who're those that are sending there kids abroad? is it not the rich people that are in the minority? What happens to the millions of Lagosians that live on less than $1 a day.

Education is not cheap if it's worth it. I can spen millions sending my kid to harvard but God forbid that i will pay 250k to send my kid to LASU of all schools, when there is Covenant university and Igbinedion.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GboyegaD(m): 8:08pm On Dec 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Don't you think the standard should be raised before raising the school fees?
Who're those that are sending there kids abroad? is it not the rich people that are in the minority? What happens to the millions of Lagosians that live on less than $1 a day.

Education is not cheap if it's worth it. I can spen millions sending my kid to harvard but God forbid that i will pay 250k to send my kid to LASU of all schools, when there is Covenant university and Igbinedion.

A situation that we have been so used to that money is synonymous to quality. To some ignorant elites, having their wards pay N250k without any improved infrastructure or standards depicts they are better off their neighbours. Like I said when some Nigerians claimed Ghaddaffi was an oppressor that we are worst than Ghaddaffi, that is the situation here. People shouting that education is not cheap and so not everyone should be educated yet they want all their kids educated just to show off to their neighbours.

Whilst cost of education is lot higher in terms of cost in the Western World, the standards cannot be compared. The high standards compensate for the cost but what do we want to compensate ours with? Corrupt leaders looking for other means to generate income to be syphoned. I am so sure Fasola must have decorated the CMS bridge again with at least N200m as usual yet he cannot spend half of that towards improving infrastructures in the state's higher institutions. What a big shame!!!
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by jossyr(m): 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2011
o shit!rubbish.fashola and his supporters are bunch of fools.you can equate tuition fees to standard of education elsewhere but not in nigeria.All the fees collected will end up in the pockets of government officials!why do we have a government in the first place?is it not to manage the resources of the nation using the revenues to alleviate suffering?is increasing tuition fees of a GOVT.uni part of alleviating the sufferings of the pple.can someone ask fashola if he would still send his child to LASU after the increase?fashola is from hell.
Re: Fashola Defends And Justifies The Increment Of LASU Fees by GboyegaD(m): 8:12am On Dec 11, 2011
jossy r:

o poo!rubbish.fashola and his supporters are bunch of fools. You can equate tuition fees to standard of education elsewhere but not in Nigeria. All the fees collected will end up in the pockets of government officials! Why do we have a government in the first place?is it not to manage the resources of the nation using the revenues to alleviate suffering?is increasing tuition fees of a GOVT.uni part of alleviating the sufferings of the pple. Can someone ask Fashola if he would still send his child to LASU after the increase? Fashola is from hell.

In a country where increment in time past has only provided more funds for our glutton officials to embezzle and yet people keep supporting such increment tells you there is a big problem of insincerity and insecurity. Most people feel with the increment in tuition fees, there will be fewer graduates and it will give them an opportunity to get a job when they go for interview. What a poor mentality that is.
As for Fasola sending his kids to LASU is a NO NO because he knows himself that he is not ready to improve the existing facility and all he is looking for is more money to embezzle.
Regarding your last sentence, that is unfair. Though I understand you are bittered about his decision/insensitivity yet, that sentence is not nice at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

News On Oau Predegree And Ume Admission List / Form A: How Long Does It Take To Remit Tuition Fees Abroad / How Do Schools Help Children With Attention Problems (ADD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.