Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? (12131 Views)

Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / Maggi Family Menu: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by mkmyers45(m): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2011
I dey get the same problem, but i wont be a bachelor very long grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Bawss1(m): 3:18pm On Dec 12, 2011
musKeeto:

ah, sorry, foreign monkey

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny thread indeed.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Rhea(f): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2011
Maggi cubes and in fact most seasonings lose moisture to the surroundings when exposed for a long time. Also, if you live in a cold climate, or if your house interior is often cold, then the cubes will solidify beyond the point where you can easily crush them between your fingers.

So next time, store them in an air tight container.
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 12, 2011
Bawss1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Funny thread indeed.

What makes the thread really is funny is the posters who seem to take the OP serious,
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by Olamusli(f): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2011
@NWAKA:
those sturvs are actually dat hard, i grind them in between my teeth to make them soft enough before crushing into the food
you guys, the comments on here are cracking me up, ROTFL!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why On Earth Are 'maggi' Cubes So Hard? by ultraGM: 5:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
A poster has already provide solution:

Just place the cubes near the stove or cooker,the heat helps soften it.

All the seasoning cubes were made to be hard so as to prevent them from breaking into powder in the carton while still in stock or On transportation.

The Chemistry of it is that the cohesive force binding seasoning cubes particles are very strong, therefore to loose the particles from that bond you need to heat the cude for about 1min at most.
The heat source can be: the cover of your Pot, edge of the stove etc, but don't fire the cube or else you get so hard smell wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Kilograms/grams Is A Derica Of Rice? / Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China / How To Fry Groundnuts/peanuts With Garri On Stovetop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.