Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? (35804 Views)

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery / BBC & DailyMail Apologize About Nigerian Restaurant Serving Human Flesh Story / Defence Headquarters Statement About Nigerian Troops In Cameroon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by soreola(f): 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
That Nigeria and nigerians still have a long way to go!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Amtired: 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2011
@Lasinoh, don't you know that a straight road on a hill can lead to lost of break while driving down? So can you see the reason behind the way the road was built?
2) Are you so dumb? Have you ever been to Calabar? If you haven't, no wonder you don't know where the road leads to,
If Government do nothing you will shout, if they do something you still talk,
Visit Calabar so you can see wonders,
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Reference(m): 11:30pm On Dec 12, 2011
Lasinoh:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/592570_calabr3_jpg7ba843fb61295900a5b56e65863802c0

Only a Calabar man would have built this mess to 'chop' money for sure.
Can anyone spot what is wrong with this picture? grin
All this rigmarole to go to where? shocked
The man just fool Calabar people. . .little did he know this would ever be revealed to the whole world.

*the shortest distance between two points IS A STRAIGHT LINE!

What a joke! grin

Haba guys, this is the mountain road that leads up to the ranch at Obudu Resort. How can you build a road ascending 5,000 feet in a straight line. C'mon.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 11:37pm On Dec 12, 2011
afam4eva:

@ Lasinoh
You have a point. They could have just made the road straight forward. there was absolutely no need for beating around the bush.

No pun intended! grin

Reference:

Haba guys, this is the mountain road that leads up to the ranch at Obudu Resort. How can you build a road ascending 5,000 feet in a straight line. C'mon.

Why climb the same hill twice? grin
Did the road stop 'ascending'?

Amtired:

@Lasinoh, don't you know that a straight road on a hill can lead to lost of break while driving down? So can you see the reason behind the way the road was built?
2) Are you so dumb? Have you ever been to Calabar? If you haven't, no wonder you don't know where the road leads to,
If Government do nothing you will shout, if they do something you still talk,
Visit Calabar so you can see wonders,

Who is dumb and dumber? grin
You of course for using 'ignorance to pose' on this thread!
I repeat. . . why climb the same hill twice?
Only in Calabar land I guess!
I may be dumb sha.

Answer: This photo tells us that Calabar people are DUMB AND DUMBER for being charged for the same road UP THE SAME HILL TWICE!!!!! grin
LWKMD!!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/592570_calabr3_jpg7ba843fb61295900a5b56e65863802c0

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Sicherheit(m): 11:49pm On Dec 12, 2011
Lasinoh:

No pun intended! grin

Why climb the same hill twice? grin
Did the road stop 'ascending'?

Who is dumb and dumber? grin
You of course for using 'ignorance to pose' on this thread!
I repeat. . . why climb the same hill twice?
Only in Calabar land I guess!
I may be dumb sha.

Answer: This photo tells us that Calabar people are DUMB AND DUMBER for being charged for the same road UP THE SAME HILL TWICE!!!!! grin
LWKMD!!!!!
I hope you are joking because if you are not, then you are more than dumb. How can they build straight roads on mountains?

This is an Arizona Highway

Abi they should demolish the mountains to make straight?
Ode Oshi. undecided
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Amjustme: 11:51pm On Dec 12, 2011
Dis picture tells me that the driver is a reckless driver. What was he thinking? That his/her car is flexible? or his/her car na okada abi keke napep?
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Sicherheit(m): 11:54pm On Dec 12, 2011
Another picture for Mr. Straight road

That Calabar picture impressed me so much, I did know there can be roads in Nigeria.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 11:58pm On Dec 12, 2011
Sicherheit:

I hope you are joking because if you are not, then you are more than dumb. How can they build straight roads on mountains?

This is an Arizona Highway

Abi they should demolish the mountains to make straight?
Ode Oshi. undecided

Moo moo!
Yes You can! kiss
Especially if your so-called mountains DO NOT HAVE VALLEYS UNDERNEATH! kiss
Abeg show us beta pictures. . .no break my glasses with this 'foggy mess'!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 13, 2011
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 13, 2011
Something simple like this would have sufficed

Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Sicherheit(m): 12:03am On Dec 13, 2011
Lasinoh:

Moo moo!
Yes You can! kiss
Especially if your so-called mountains DO NOT HAVE VALLEYS UNDERNEATH! kiss
Abeg show us beta pictures. . .no break my glasses with this 'foggy mess'!

It is unfortunate that you are this dumb. Entry Level Physics will solve you lack of knowledge problem.  undecided
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Beaf: 12:03am On Dec 13, 2011

This road has become an IQ test with shocking results!
Carry go, Lasinoh! Nutin do you! Keep trucking and avoid marriage to avoid "blessing" the lil kiddies with your "intellect." grin

Funny shyte! grin grin grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:04am On Dec 13, 2011
^^^^

Ha ha ha ha ha. . .what a hard-on!
Real IQ test!
Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Money well spent! kiss
See railroad track under the topographical lay-out?
See the valleys?

Compared to your Calabar rip-off! wink
DID YOU SEE ANY VALLEY OR RAIL ROAD IN THIS PICTURE?
WEY THE DRAINAGE SEF? grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by jason123: 12:05am On Dec 13, 2011
^^^
Chei! See your intellect, blazay?! Too much "igbo" no go o!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:09am On Dec 13, 2011
jason123:

^^^
Chei! See your intellect, blazay?! Too much "igbo" no go o!

See this one? grin
Is this love or what?
It is not by force you know? wink

Ileke-IdI:

Something simple like this would have sufficed

Gbam!
Case closed! Olodos!
Without valleys. . .plus mountains. . .as simple  STRAIGH ROAAAAAAAAAAAAD WOULD HAVE SUFFICED!!!
GO AND GET YOUR REFUND FROM YOUR CDOT!
*Calabar Dept of Transportation*! wink
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:12am On Dec 13, 2011

wink wink wink wink wink

wink wink wink wink wink
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Sicherheit(m): 12:16am On Dec 13, 2011
Why are mountain roads always winding up and never have a steep gradient?

A winding road puts less load on an engine, transmission, and cooling system of a vehicle , and allows more cars to successfully traverse it at a safe speed than a steep gradient. Additionally, it's safer to build because construction equipment plummeting down a hill while trying to make a steep road is never a good thing

Cars can't go "straight up" and roads that go straight up would tend to crumble to say nothing of how extraordinarily difficult (and expensive) it would be to construct such a road.

undecided undecided
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:18am On Dec 13, 2011
Why not this?

wink wink wink wink wink

Instead of this?

Does the road have to be this deep and far out?
Especially where you have no buildings or other infrastructure obstructing a more prudent and concise structure? undecided
You still have to drive up the same hill TWICE!
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 13, 2011
^^^ LMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 12:39am On Dec 13, 2011
Wharra the pipo with high IQ? tongue
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by manny4life(m): 12:48am On Dec 13, 2011
Lasinoh:

Only a Calabar man would have built this mess to 'chop' money for sure.
Can anyone spot what is wrong with this picture? grin
All this rigmarole to go to where? shocked
The man just fool Calabar people. . .little did he know this would ever be revealed to the whole world.

*the shortest distance between two points IS A STRAIGHT LINE!

What a joke! grin

I do agree with your point; why would they build such a road? I'm no structural engineer but having watched Extreme Engineering on National Geographic, they used big supporting steel columns and built the roads on it. Like seriously, did they have a architectural design competition for this project? They need to watch Extreme Engineering more to see designs and ideas.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by tpia5: 12:54am On Dec 13, 2011
having watched Mega Structures on National Geographic

yes, that makes you an expert in whatever field. undecided
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by tpia5: 12:55am On Dec 13, 2011
@ blazay/lasinoh

you seem to be getting dumber and dumber ?
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by manny4life(m): 12:57am On Dec 13, 2011
tpia@:

yes, that makes you an expert in whatever field. undecided

Field of watching it on tv Netflix grin grin grin , take your anger to the engineers who designed it OR beat it.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 1:06am On Dec 13, 2011
tpia@:

@ blazay/lasinoh

you seem to be getting dumber and dumber ?

My #1 fan how na? tongue
Happy holidays to you.
Liking ma 'vageegee' as usual? wink

My prerogative.
Soooooooo, what dooyoo wanno do abourrit? cool

*moo moo has not learned to mind it's business. . . must be having a withdrawal I think*

This is page 3. . . please contribute to the topic with your other 'personalities' as usual huh?
EWU!

manny4life:

I do agree with your point; why would they build such a road? I'm no structural engineer but having watched Extreme Engineering on National Geographic, they used big supporting steel columns and built the roads on it. Like seriously, did they have a architectural design competition for this project? They need to watch Extreme Engineering more to see designs and ideas.

Well, do no let awon high IQ know this o!
Na only Calabar land get mountains! grin
Calabar governor don collect 5 times the budget for this project! grin

I am sure the stoopid Calabar peeps thought they had 'gone ourra state, town and country' with that long journey. . . Mu he he he he. . . not realizing they were on the same 'spot'!

I can hear them saying 'UKAH(oga). . .de jouney far o! E go take 2 days UKAH"!

Classic I tellya!

Thank God for 'skycams'! cheesy
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 13, 2011
I am sure the stoopid Calabar peeps thought they had 'gone ourra state, town and country' with that long journey. . . Mu he he he he. . . not realizing they were on the same 'spot'!

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 13, 2011

ROTFLMAO!!! Was the roundabout on this road even necessary?
Sorry for my limited physics knowledge o grin
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 1:17am On Dec 13, 2011
^^^
Where you see roundabout? undecided
That is a residential area. . .

Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by tpia5: 1:18am On Dec 13, 2011
blazay/lasinoh

that reply is too short now.

oya, modify and add plenty more.

your posts usually take up at least half a page at the very minimum.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Nobody: 1:22am On Dec 13, 2011
I meant zigzag jare.

the curvy zigzag was not necessary, a straight line would have been fine, like the ones in Cali.
Looks like the hill on my school campus.
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 1:26am On Dec 13, 2011
tpia@:

blazay/lasinoh

that reply is too short now.

oya, modify and add plenty more.

your posts usually take up at least half a page at the very minimum.

Written like a true "Ogboni' Christian.
Well, I have news for you.

Soooooooooooo. . . in a good mood. 5 paychecks this month.
Go and get a job, a life or BOTH!!

My last reply to you this year. . . kiss

Later. kiss
Re: What Does This Photo Tell You About Nigerian Roads? by Lasinoh: 1:32am On Dec 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I meant zigzag jare.

the curvy zigzag was not necessary, a straight line would have been fine, like the ones in Cali.
Looks like the hill on my school campus.

A CURVE zig-zag is the BEST WAY TO CLIMB/DRIVE A HILL.
Especially in bad weather.
Unlike this! grin

Twice the journey. . .double the climb. . .same spot!
WwwwwwwwTF? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Inspects Projects With Wike In Rivers State (Photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Damboa In Borno. Scores Feared Dead / I Acted In Love For The Common Good- Pat Utomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.