Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983943 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:48am On Apr 27, 2013
superior1:

I have said nothing to encourage such.I am only saying what i know from professional experience.

I doubt if so many people are really doing it like you suggested. The problem arises when they ask you to reprint and bring a new statement and there is no money to show besides why approach the embassy for visa when you cant afford the fund needed for the journey .

Bank do corporate with the embassy to verify the bank statement, UKBA last year started putting up list of banks around the world who refuses to corporate and those banks got blacklisted, no Nigerian bank made the list yet which means they do corporate during verification

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixp/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:51am On Apr 27, 2013
phemobay:

thanks I really appreciate u all, let others share their idea on dis, because so many people ar doing it dis way and it works... mor post on dis issue please

If you knew many people who have done it and get away with it then why are you here asking us? Why not get on with it? When you get refused you claimed to have submitted all 'necessary' documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beejaybida(m): 10:38am On Apr 27, 2013
I think the big issue here is the intention. If anyone intends to build-up an account for visa purposes, no one here will help him/her. This forum is for genuine people looking for assistance on UK visa not people trying to circumvent the system. That's why Nigerians have a negative image on visa applications thereby making genuine applicants to suffer undue scrutiny. Justwise, don't mind his type jor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dannydolly: 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2013
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:35pm On Apr 27, 2013
dannydolly: Hello House, your advice will be really appreciated on my situation before proceeding on renewing my UK visa. My situation goes thus...

I'm a public servant earning around 120k monthly. Last year June, I applied for a 6months general visa and I got the visa courtesy a friend's invitation having his graduation ceremony but then, my dad had an ILR but not able to invite me or any member of the family because he was surviving on public funds, NHS and council flat because of his poor health. In fact, he got his ILR outside immigration laws because of his poor health.

I collected my package at the vfs after my friends graduation and proceeded with the journey and also visited my dad at the hospital.(Please note, I didn't mention him as an ILR holder in my application). At the POE, I had some issues with them on why coming at the olympics time, why taking the London route when my friend that invited me is in Manchester, how do u get there? But I was able to get through all that after they placed a call to him. (It was really an hectic situation). I came back after 5 weeks of summer enjoyment ( I filled in my forms to use 2 week).

Then, the real issue came up... On the 21st of November, 2012 my dad passed on.I had no choice than to agree to go and get his body back home for burial because no other person has the necessary clearance documents and/visa to go. Then, 1st of Dec I was there but had no choice than to tell them at the POE that I'm there for my dads body after he passed on at a London hospital. She asked if I have my return ticket which I showed her and she asked me to go with no other questions asked.

Now, my questions...
I want to renew for a 2 years visa, do I still ask that same friend of mine to provide me with an invitation letter again? Or should I just proceed with an hotel reservation and all other documents I submitted earlier?

When filling the form, should I refer to my dad as deceased? Won't I need to present his death certificate? Is that not going to be use to trace his status and thereby affecting my application? I asked this because, I collected his death cert in London and I'm afraid they might run some check on him.

Does my experience at the POE have any relationship with my application most especially the second time I made reference to my dad's death? Do they contact them at the POE for applicant's details when they pass there?

I brought in some right hand vehicles and I intend using the money realised from them to get to the minimum amount required as the balance in my account. Should I spread the payments like paying 80k into my account with different names and maybe at 2 days interval till I have the required amount. I asked this because there is no way I'm going to defend a vehicle sold as I'm not a dealer and having such a lump sum in my account at a time.

Lastly, I took a loan while going in Dec towards the cost of repartriation of my dad's body back home and now I'm paying back till October.(Family not bouyant enough to contribute for this, I had no choice than to take up the loan) Should I wait till then before renewing when I will have my full salary back in my account monthly considering the fact that up to 60k is being deducted from my salary and I have a wife and kid.
N/B: I have 2 taxi that delivers up to 90k monthly. Can I also include the taxi documents in the application? They are registered in my name. I also have a cooperative card that shows my savings at work too. Is this acceptable?

I know some of my questions sound stupid but I'm sure it is better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

Thanks all for your contributions and anticipated enlightenment.
Unless the purpose of your visa application is in relation with your dad, you are not required to provide his birth certificate or any other document that connects you to him.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 11:38am On Apr 28, 2013
hello justwise, i once applied for uk visa 2010, i was refused because the eco believed i had already graduated from the university while i was still a student. i was refused dec 2010 and i graduated june 2011. though, i filed an appeal but im not sure it got there because nothing was heard from british high commission regarding the acceptance of my appeal. now, i want to do a fresh application in june. im currently having my post graduate diploma and im willing to get a letter from the universiy. i will be finishing the post graduate course in august. i want to know if the will issue the visa bearing in mind that i will be finishing very soon though i want to travel in july and come back. then, i want to include a lawyer's letter regarding to the mistake done on the last application and the let them know i have what it takes to be issued the visa....... my concern is that i will be finish august and i want to travel july. wont they say i will be finishing soon bearing in mind that it's a six month visa....thanks. waiting to read from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:40am On Apr 28, 2013
dalobaba: hello justwise, i once applied for uk visa 2010, i was refused because the eco believed i had already graduated from the university while i was still a student. i was refused dec 2010 and i graduated june 2011. though, i filed an appeal but im not sure it got there because nothing was heard from british high commission regarding the acceptance of my appeal. now, i want to do a fresh application in june. im currently having my post graduate diploma and im willing to get a letter from the universiy. i will be finishing the post graduate course in august. i want to know if the will issue the visa bearing in mind that i will be finishing very soon though i want to travel in july and come back. then, i want to include a lawyer's letter regarding to the mistake done on the last application and the let them know i have what it takes to be issued the visa....... my concern is that i will be finish august and i want to travel july. wont they say i will be finishing soon bearing in mind that it's a six month visa....thanks. waiting to read from you.

How will you pay for the trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2013
justwise:

How will you pay for the trip?
my auntie is inviting me and she will be the sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Apr 28, 2013
dalobaba: my auntie is inviting me and she will be the sponsor
Its always difficult to get a visiting visa as a matured student with no personal source of income. Yes your auntie may pay for everything but you don't have strong tie to Nigeria apart from being a student.

I will not discourage you from applying, you can still give it a go, who knows...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 2:51pm On Apr 28, 2013
justwise:
Its always difficult to get a visiting visa as a matured student with no personal source of income. Yes your auntie may pay for everything but you don't have strong tie to Nigeria apart from being a student.

I will not discourage you from applying, you can still give it a go, who knows...
@justwise... thank you so much...i will try. god is in control. i want to know if adding a lawyer's letter regarding my last application is a good idea. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:52pm On Apr 28, 2013
dalobaba: @justwise... thank you so much...i will try. god is in control. i want to know if adding a lawyer's letter regarding my last application is a good idea. thanks

A letter from a lawyer will not make much of a difference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 3:01pm On Apr 28, 2013
justwise: [/b]

A letter from a lawyer will not make much of a difference.
ok... thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Apr 28, 2013
dalobaba: ok... thank you

Don't forget to state that you have been refused a visa before and explain why.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 3:16pm On Apr 28, 2013
justwise:

Don't forget to state that you have been refused a visa before and explain why.
ok. i get
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 9:31am On Apr 30, 2013
Hi Justwise,

My friend intends to apply for the UK visa after 2 yrs of an earlier refusal. Between the 2 years and now, she has gone to south africa, dubai all in all about 4 times. Then she applied as a trader cos she hasn't gotten employment (they told her she didnt have registered business and tax clearance) and she was then sponsored by her aunt. But now she is working & she will be self sponsored with an emolument of 5million per annum. she intends to apply again now after the 2 yrs wait, what do u think her chances are? She is single.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:06am On Apr 30, 2013
T-Cann:
Hi Justwise,

My friend intends to apply for the UK visa after 2 yrs of an earlier refusal. Between the 2 years and now, she has gone to south africa, dubai all in all about 4 times. Then she applied as a trader cos she hasn't gotten employment (they told her she didnt have registered business and tax clearance) and she was then sponsored by her aunt. But now she is working & she will be self sponsored with an emolument of 5million per annum. she intends to apply again now after the 2 yrs wait, what do u think her chances are? She is single.

Will her payslip and bank statement show that she earns 5millions per annual without any other money from unexplained source?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 2:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
justwise:

Will her payslip and bank statement show that she earns 5millions per annual without any other money from unexplained source?

Her payslip shows her monthly income of about N120k per month while the other emoluments are in form of allowances, which her bank statement will capture as the monies re being paid in quarterly through a year. It is a known fact that the embassy has an administrative notice of her employer and their style of payroll administration. (her employer is quite a big one in Nigeria).
Kindly address the other issues raised in the earlier post (I don't think money is a problem in her case).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2013
T-Cann:

Her payslip shows her monthly income of about N120k per month while the other emoluments are in form of allowances, which her bank statement will capture as the monies re being paid in quarterly through a year. It is a known fact that the embassy has an administrative notice of her employer and their style of payroll administration. (her employer is quite a big one in Nigeria).
Kindly address the other issues raised in the earlier post (I don't think money is a problem in her case).

Having huge amount of money in your account will not get you a visa if you can not explain the source of the money with convincing paper evidence.

How will you convince the embassy that you earn 120k a month as a salary which is about N1.2m a year and N3.8M in allowances in a year?

Well...i don't believe that, other members can advice you.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2013
justwise:

Having huge amount of money in your account will not get you a visa if you can not explain the source of the money with convincing paper evidence.

How will you convince the embassy that you earn 120k a month as a salary which is about N1.2m a year and N3.8M in allowances in a year?

Well...i don't believe that, other members can advice you.

Good luck.

No Justwise, you re not getting the gist clearly,

She earns about 120k monthly totaling abt 1.4 million per annum, plus the balance of abt 3.6 million in allowances staggered throughout the months of the year.(It doesnt mean she has all that money in her account and that the money come in as a bulk payment) The payment for allowances narrates in her bank statement as one coming from her employer (just like the narration for her monthly salary

This sytle being used by her employer is known to the UK embassy as most of their staff travel to UK alot both for personal visits and official trainings). It doesn't mean she has every of the 3.6 million in allowances paid at a go- That's what i mean.

The main issue is her previous refusal b4 she got this work....2 issues- she claimed a trader status (majorly refused on that note) and was to be sponsored by her aunt. She was single then and still is now.

Hope it will not count against her? Btw between the last 2 yrs when she was refused and date, she's gone to SA and Dubai like twice each.

Thank you.

Concerning her documentation- she has her monthly payslips, confirmation letter, letter of permission to travel to the UK from HR, letter from her employer introducing her to the Consulate as their staff and other documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kellyemms: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2013
Hello House plz I need urgent help on diz, I got admission into University of Derby for Msc and I was told by d skul to pay some deposit to their Barclays bank account number. Plz how do I pay the deposit to their account from here in Nigeria? And also after my Msc in Uk can I stay to work there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Apr 30, 2013
kellyemms: Hello House plz I need urgent help on diz, I got admission into University of Derby for Msc and I was told by d skul to pay some deposit to their Barclays bank account number. Plz how do I pay the deposit to their account from here in Nigeria? And also after my Msc in Uk can I stay to work there?

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliana01: 5:28pm On Apr 30, 2013
hi, i need advice i have applied for uk visa 3 times and was deny but given right to appeal and i didnt appeal on each occasion. i apply in south africa while i am living there. i have 4 brother and a sis there 3 of them are citizen i used my sister document the first time i was deny due insufficient fund. the second time i use my brother document a citizen also he has house there and working as a lecturer there my husband and brother are the one supporting me cos am using study permit in south africa den my husband deposited huge amount to his account which they demanded the source which i can prove den. am married so my passport name bear my husband name and i submitted my marriage cert with change of name but its print out cos the original is in naija. my brother is coming to naija and ready to bring all document along with him to naija and am planning to go to naija to apply cos i need to renew my passport and i will be using new passport not the old one with refusal stamp. is there any chance of me getting the visa and wat document can i ask my brother to bring along to naija. i will appreciated ur comment and question thanks a milion
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
T-Cann:

No Justwise, you re not getting the gist clearly,

She earns about 120k monthly totaling abt 1.4 million per annum, plus the balance of abt 3.6 million in allowances staggered throughout the months of the year.(It doesnt mean she has all that money in her account and that the money come in as a bulk payment) The payment for allowances narrates in her bank statement as one coming from her employer (just like the narration for her monthly salary

This sytle being used by her employer is known to the UK embassy as most of their staff travel to UK alot both for personal visits and official trainings). It doesn't mean she has every of the 3.6 million in allowances paid at a go- That's what i mean.

The main issue is her previous refusal b4 she got this work....2 issues- she claimed a trader status (majorly refused on that note) and was to be sponsored by her aunt. She was single then and still is now.

Hope it will not count against her? Btw between the last 2 yrs when she was refused and date, she's gone to SA and Dubai like twice each.

Thank you.

Concerning her documentation- she has her monthly payslips, confirmation letter, letter of permission to travel to the UK from HR, letter from her employer introducing her to the Consulate as their staff and other documents.

The new application would be considered on its own merit, they understand quite well circumstances change, as long as she wasn't refused earlier for forged documentation

the impact on her savings and ties to her country is where i think she'll need to cover very well during the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2013
justwise:

Is that all that is needed in that form?

[size=15pt]SIGNATURE ON THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM[/size]

[size=15pt]That's all...@all filling the UK online application form, when you get to the last page requiring your signature, in that signature space, just type your given and surname and submit. Print out the form, the signature space will appear blank, you can sign in that blank space on the hard copy of the application form.

I hope this helps as several people have been asking questions on how to go about this stage.[/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 11:43pm On Apr 30, 2013
Dis Guy:

He new application would be considered on its own merit, they understand quite well circumstances change, as long as she wasnt refused earlier for forged documentation

the impact on her savings and ties to her country is where i think she'll need to cover very well during the application

Thank you Justwise & Dis Guy

She intends to add her part time unilag Msc admission letter and school fees payment of about 400k to show tie to Naija. She was not refused for reasons of forged documents. She has a fixed deposit savings and insurance coy target savings plan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sowu: 11:11am On May 01, 2013
Happy new month guys @vic justice,justwise,dis guy and the rest of nairalanders.I need an advice on wot to do.I am working presently with the salary of 100k and i also ve a business dat I just registered.I am thinking of applying to d UK in 2months time but am confused on d documents to support my application.I can get a confirmation letter from my employer,my appointment letter,leave granted letter,my I'd card,d company doesn't give payslip but d money is reflected in my account every month,pls wot othger document should I get from my employer?
Secondly can I mention about my business dat I just registered as other means of income but I only ve d business registration certificate and the business reciept no tax clearance certificate yet because d business is new.pls wots ur view about dis and also wot other document do I need to produce
Thanks all

NOTE:am married and has a landed property which I ve all d documents to dis effect
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 11:32am On May 01, 2013
sowu
You did not say the type of visa that you want.
Visitor or Buisiness

However at first sight you seem to have good ties to return.
If you have sufficient funds for your fare and accomodation (and are not using all your funds up)
You look ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sowu: 11:44am On May 01, 2013
worry 359: sowu
You did not say the type of visa that you want.
Visitor or Buisiness

However at first sight you seem to have good ties to return.
If you have sufficient funds for your fare and accomodation (and are not using all your funds up)
You look ok.
Family visitor and my cousin in uk is responsible for my feeding and accommodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 12:35pm On May 01, 2013
Pls guys, how do you see university of derby. Is it worth it? any advice pls.
Am going for B.Eng Electrical and Electronics
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sowu: 5:55pm On May 01, 2013
sowu: Happy new month guys @vic justice,justwise,dis guy and the rest of nairalanders.I need an advice on wot to do.I am working presently with the salary of 100k and i also ve a business dat I just registered.I am thinking of applying to d UK in 2months time but am confused on d documents to support my application.I can get a confirmation letter from my employer,my appointment letter,leave granted letter,my I'd card,d company doesn't give payslip but d money is reflected in my account every month,pls wot othger document should I get from my employer?
Secondly can I mention about my business dat I just registered as other means of income but I only ve d business registration certificate and the business reciept no tax clearance certificate yet because d business is new.pls wots ur view about dis and also wot other document do I need to produce
Thanks all

NOTE:am married and has a landed property which I ve all d documents to dis effect

Any1 to help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 6:11pm On May 01, 2013
sowu:

Any1 to help me out

do you have a business account for the newly registered business?

you will need documents from the family inviting you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sowu: 6:21pm On May 01, 2013
Dis Guy:

do you have a business account for the newly registered business?

you will need documents from the family inviting you

@dis guy I don't think I ve any problem with the person inviting because he's sending me all d neccessary documents but what am saying is dat can I mention dat I ve a business which I just registered in my application and what other document can I provide to dis effect
For your question Yes but d company account is not upto a month now

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.