Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,674 members, 7,851,295 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (986250 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
mamawa123: My 6 months UK Visa expired 3 months ago. To reapply/renew what documents do u think I will need. Also can I do it online or paper application

the same documents you submitted to get your previous visa- current version
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uchechuwku: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2013
Hello guys.
Please, how do I go about getting a UK transit visa.
I'm heading towards belize for vacation. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:32am On Jun 07, 2013
uchechuwku: Hello guys.
Please, how do I go about getting a UK transit visa.
I'm heading towards belize for vacation. Thanks
Get a visa for Belize, then present the visa, together with your onward flight ticket to the UK embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aozy: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2013
Dear house, pls I need ur advice regarding my application.
My husband got a distinction in his masters degree and was offered a 3-year contract job as a teaching asst in d school when he graduated in dec 2012 which will be renewed afterwards. The pay is a little above £2000 pounds. He has rented a 3 bedroom apartment since jan 2013 and d landlord will be giving him a letter to d embassy permitting us to live with him. The job is quite flexible cos he has the time to do other jobs.
We (me and two kids - 2 yrs and 5yrs) hope to join him by August, though we will be applying in July. He already has an acct with abt £4000 pounds and The school will be giving us a letter of introduction.also, I opened last mth;a domicilliary acct with abt 1800pounds which d embassy requires to "sit" for 90days. We intend to apply for a dependant visa and my husband already has his work permit.
My question is: what are our chances?
The visa fee per dependant is abt 130,000 naira i.e 390,000 for us all; can't it be reduced since we are applying as a family?
Is there anything else I need to know and prepare?
Also, can we get a flight fee as a family that's is reduced? Or do I need to pay for my son who's 2 and a complete fare for my daughter who's 5?
Please reply urgently
Also, in our form, d details needed are nt really many. Nt much details even compared to visitors and students. That's d VAF 10 form. No long stories just specific. I wonder why?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:49am On Jun 07, 2013
aozy:
My question is: what are our chances?
Your chances would be better if you apply a bit later: he's just gotten his masters and has just been offered a job.... But you need to understand that he is under the probation period of the job, he needs to pass his company's probation period (which could be 3, 6, or 9 months) in order to sustain his employment, and he needs at least one year to be protected (by labour law) from employer's abrupt termination of employment. As the dependants of a man whose employment is probational, it would not seem reasonable for a visa officer to approve your applications.

aozy:
The visa fee per dependant is abt 130,000 naira i.e 390,000 for us all; can't it be reduced since we are applying as a family?
NO, they don't have such trade policy of "buy one and get a second at half price"

aozy:
Is there anything else I need to know and prepare?
YES, you need to understand that your husband's employment is too new for him to be inviting his entire family to stay with him, what if he is made redundant from work?

aozy:
Also, can we get a flight fee as a family that's is reduced? Or do I need to pay for my son who's 2 and a complete fare for my daughter who's 5?
Though, there could be promotion going on every now and then, but you don't get any special offer as a family: bear in mind that only an infant of less than 2 years old is considered "lap passenger", but as your children are over 2 years old, each and everyone of you is required to have own seat, and to pay the full price for the ticket, howbeit, the kids ticket will be a bit cheaper because since they are not required to pay tax.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mayflowa(m): 10:06am On Jun 07, 2013
@Vicjustice

I am trying to apply for student visitor visa on the new online UK visa application form, surprisingly, on the form where type of visa was asked; there were option for study and visit. I chose visit(hoping it is correct)

But when asked what kind of visit; there was no option for student! the options available were general, tourist, entertainer, sport, special, other( supposed this is for military personnel).

I am confuse. Can you help?

If I choose Study, the options available are tier 4 and non-tier 4( I feel this is not it)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:31am On Jun 07, 2013
Mayflowa: @Vicjustice

I am trying to apply for student visitor visa on the new online UK visa application form, surprisingly, on the form where type of visa was asked; there were option for study and visit. I chose visit(hoping it is correct)

But when asked what kind of visit; there was no option for student! the options available were general, tourist, entertainer, sport, special, other( supposed this is for military personnel).

If I choose Study, the options available are tier 4 and non-tier 4( I feel this is not it)
If my understanding is right, you are a STUDENT and you want to VISIT the UK, therefore, you should take the option of VISIT and then tick TOURIST
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Riteshfx(f): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2013
Mayflowa: @Vicjustice

Type of visa = Visit
Purpose = Special Visitor
Type of application = (Special) student visitor, up to 6 months.
I hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 11:08am On Jun 07, 2013
Vicjustice: If my understanding is right, you are a STUDENT and you want to VISIT the UK, therefore, you should take the option of VISIT and then tick TOURIST

Victjustice pls i need your urgent advise on this for my friend in Nigeria. He just got admission to come and study Master International Business at American College Dublin. Infarct he has paid the 1year tuition fee in full this morning. But the problem is : He is the one running his dad business. The business is not registered in Nigeria, and the business income goes straight into his account. His dad will provide his personal account because his dad is his sponsor. The tuition paid in cash into his account and transferred to the school.

His problem is: do you think the Irish Embassy won't ask his dad business registration cert? especially tax clearance?
He handle his dad business as per they deal with sawmill equipments sales and repair, but the issue is the business is not registered and they don't pay tax on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 11:23am On Jun 07, 2013
NO, they don't have such trade policy of "buy one and get a second at half price"

cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2013
Nice work guys, threads like dis is what brought us to NL! Keep it up!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Victjustice pls i need your urgent advise on this for my friend in Nigeria. He just got admission to come and study Master International Business at American College Dublin. Infarct he has paid the 1year tuition fee in full this morning. But the problem is : He is the one running his dad business. The business is not registered in Nigeria, and the business income goes straight into his account. His dad will provide his personal account because his dad is his sponsor. The tuition paid in cash into his account and transferred to the school.

His problem is: do you think the Irish Embassy won't ask his dad business registration cert? especially tax clearance?
He handle his dad business as per they deal with sawmill equipments sales and repair, but the issue is the business is not registered and they don't pay tax on it.

Pardon my harshness, and i will tell you the truth, not according to my opinion, but according to the perspectives of Visa Officers.
It will be impossible to use such unregistered and undocumented business as his father's means of income: in the eyes of Europeans, his father is a tax cheat and a corrupt business owner. In Ireland, this is a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment or a fine or both.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aozy: 12:47pm On Jun 07, 2013
@vicjustice. Thanks for ur reply. I appreciate.
I made a mistake in d timing. He got the job in august and he started fully in september 2013 working.
He was on probation for 6mths which he did his review at abt march or april.
The skool was and is quite impressed with performance/job. He's through with the probation period.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 1:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
Hi guys,it's me again.Justwise,Vicjustice,hope you're all good. I'm still on the maybe to marry in uk or not matter......Let me run through my case again...Have A British Fiance and British son,I'm still on my visitors visa,me n my boy are actually in uk @ the moment on a visit with his dad. Well,he still can't get time off work to come to Nigeria so we could get married,some say we could marry here and when i return home,i could put in the application for a spousal visa,others say,cos i'm on visitors visa,it could hinder my application...Please guys,my questions now are
*should i go home and apply for a fiance visa instead?
*i still have a valid visitors visa to expire Aug 2014,do i have to wait for that to expire before applying for the fiance visa
We really want to decide quick cos our son is getting older and needs a more stable life(school,friends etc). Haven't really seen success stories on fiance application from Nigeria or should we try marriage visit visa? I cant even which is which exactly,pls guys i need helppppp . Since he applied as my sponsor for my present visitors visa and i was granted,i believe we have the documents for either applications but which is better and faster too.Thank you guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
aozy: @vicjustice. Thanks for ur reply. I appreciate.
I made a mistake in d timing. He got the job in august and he started fully in september 2013 working.
He was on probation for 6mths which he did his review at abt march or april.
The skool was and is quite impressed with performance/job. He's through with the probation period.
After an employer has passed the initial months of probation with satisfying performances, s/he will then be given a full staff status. But s/he will not be covered by the labour law against abrupt termination of employment until after one full year with the company.
This means, while your husband had passed the probation period and is staying with the company, his employer still has the rights to terminate his employment at will, but once he has stayed with the company for over 12 months, he will then be immuned from abrupt or untimely termination of employment without financial compensation except on the ground of gross misconduct.
I understand how it feels to be separated from your husband for reason of immigration problem, but i like to recommend that you allow your husband to stay with his employment for at least 12 months for him to be established and gain labour rights assurance.
Note: it is possible to get the visa even in his given circumstances, in fact, the visa officer might not look into the issue of his new employment, but bear in mind that if the issue is raised, then there will be only one one result, Visa REFUSAL
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 1:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
Vicjustice:
Pardon my harshness, and i will tell you the truth, not according to my opinion, but according to the perspectives of Visa Officers.
It will be impossible to use such unregistered and undocumented business as his father's means of income: in the eyes of Europeans, his father is a tax cheat and a corrupt business owner. In Ireland, this is a criminal offence punishable by imprisonment or a fine or both.

Ok thanks, but is it possible to pay this year tax on the business when the business is not registered yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Ok thanks, but is it possible to pay this year tax on the business when the business is not registered yet?
Register the business and then pay its taxes
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
Vicjustice:
Register the business and then pay its taxes

Thats exactly what i said to him. But the problem now is he must resume in September, so b4 his would register the business and pay the tax, i don't think he will meet up his resume date in Dublin... Alternatively i'll suggest to him to look for another sponsor... But even if he got another sponsor, does that mean he can't still included his dad personal statement and his own too?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Thats exactly what i said to him. But the problem now is he must resume in September, so b4 his would register the business and pay the tax, i don't think he will meet up his resume date in Dublin... Alternatively i'll suggest to him to look for another sponsor... But even if he got another sponsor, does that mean he can't still included his dad personal statement and his own too?
Unfortunately, the only other person that can sponsor him is his mother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aozy: 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2013
@vicjustice. Thanks and thanks again. Am so impressed with ur reply and u have made me understand a lot of things which I haven't yet considered. Though intend to apply by July ending which is abt 10mths into his work. I will by faith as they may nt consider it. Thanks once again.
But is the pay in d acct ok or fair to work with?

Vicjustice-u seem like a pro on these issues and am glad at ur vast knowledge. Godbless.

Other replies are highly welcomed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
Pepe-A:
Hi guys,it's me again.Justwise,Vicjustice,hope you're all good. I'm still on the maybe to marry in uk or not matter......Let me run through my case again...Have A British Fiance and British son,I'm still on my visitors visa,me n my boy are actually in uk @ the moment on a visit with his dad. Well,he still can't get time off work to come to Nigeria so we could get married,some say we could marry here and when i return home,i could put in the application for a spousal visa,others say,cos i'm on visitors visa,it could hinder my application...Please guys,my questions now are
*i still have a valid visitors visa to expire Aug 2014,do i have to wait for that to expire before applying for the fiance visa
We really want to decide quick cos our son is getting older and needs a more stable life(school,friends etc). Haven't really seen success stories on fiance application from Nigeria or should we try marriage visit visa? I cant even which is which exactly,pls guys i need helppppp . Since he applied as my sponsor for my present visitors visa and i was granted,i believe we have the documents for either applications but which is better and faster too.Thank you guys

Guys,please help me out here. Anybody who has experience,pls....... Vicjustice,stop ignoring me na,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mayflowa(m): 4:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
Riteshfx:

Type of visa = Visit
Purpose = Special Visitor
Type of application = (Special) student visitor, up to 6 months.
I hope this helps.

Exactly what I want. Thank u so much. Thanks to Vicjustice too for replying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
justwise:

As your partner is British the law will not stop him from marrying you, its his human right but getting a spouse visa in the UK with that marriage certificate will be a tough one.

Pepe-A:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swiftz(f): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
justwise:

justwise:

Hello again, Justwise. I dropped a message for you on one of your threads. Please I need to discuss something with you. Please send an empty message to uche 042 at g mail dot com. I will reply you immediately. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
justwise:

Justwise,so you dont think it could make them refuse or delay my application if i return to Nigeria to apply? Getting a place to marry here isn't easy either because part of their requirement is to provide my passport and i fear if they see my type of visa they'll ask us to get a COA from the home office......what about the fiance visa or marriage visit,you dont have any idea about either of that? I'm confused mehnnnnn!...thanks for ur contribution dear,i appreciate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
swiftz:

Hello again, Justwise. I dropped a message for you on one of your threads. Please I need to discuss something with you. Please send an empty message to I will reply you immediately. Thanks.

Please is it visa related?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swiftz(f): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
justwise:

Please is it visa related?

Kind of. Mostly education-related. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
Pepe-A:

Justwise,so you dont think it could make them refuse or delay my application if i return to Nigeria to apply? Getting a place to marry here isn't easy either because part of their requirement is to provide my passport and i fear if they see my type of visa they'll ask us to get a COA from the home office......what about the fiance visa or marriage visit,you dont have any idea about either of that? I'm confused mehnnnnn!...thanks for ur contribution dear,i appreciate it.

I never heard anything like marriage visit visa or fiance visa, all i know is spouse visa.

You can't get married here without presenting your passport. Visit the registry for advice, there is nothing wrong with that, if they refused to carry out the married because you are on visiting visa then it has to be done in Nigeria. There is no two ways about it. They will not ask you to get COA from HomeOffice, that has stopped. You don't need that now to get married in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
swiftz:

Kind of. Mostly education-related. Thanks.

Pls feel free to ask me here, as i encourage others to ask questions openly here, i have to do what i preach.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by swiftz(f): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
Okay. I understand. It's kind of a private matter. But thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2013
justwise:

I never heard anything like marriage visit visa or fiance visa, all i know is spouse visa.

You can't get married here without presenting your passport. Visit the registry for advice, there is nothing wrong with that, if they refused to carry out the marriage because you are on visiting visa then it has to be done in Nigeria. There is no two ways about it. They will not ask you to get COA from HomeOffice, that has stopped. You don't need that now to get married in the UK

Thanks a lot,will still have to do more findings .... The fiancee visa is d one that allows you enter uk for 6 months and get married within that time frame,den send docs to home office for spousal visa.... Kip up the good work,God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.