Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983448 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donrocky(m): 5:05pm On May 25, 2013
justwise:

Noted.
ha justwise sir i dont knw you were the one am talking to .very sorry pls......cos your good job here is very underestimatted...pls forgive my ignorance..plese justwise....but i need a good answer from you....thanks sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 7:13pm On May 25, 2013
don rocky:

so what you are telling me now is that me asking the quesion is not relevant ....why...it hust a good answer i need.not yours

Read his reply again...this time, without the mindset that the reply is offensive cool
It is plainly reality, that is how my elder brother answers questions grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 7:22pm On May 25, 2013
don rocky: hey everybody in the house....pls am a student and my stepfather is sponsoring my uk gerneral visiting visa....i summit my application on 16 of may 2013.and up to now i havent hear from them...pls my quesion is what are my chance of geting the visa.and when am i likely to hear from them.....the document i summited was
1)my completed visa form
2)letter of invitation from my uncle and his wife
3)letter of introduction from my school stateing the course am doing and when i will be likely to finish it
4)six month banks statement of my stepfather who is sponsoring me.acess bank and first bank.with go cash inflow
5)letter of consent from my dad and mom
6)marrage certificate of my mom and my step dad showing their surname
7)my birth certificate
so good people in the house what are my chancess of having the visa....and when likely are my going to hear from them...pls i need your help

I will tell u dat u av tried by everything u submitted, Only God gives visa... dont b affraid, pray very well and u will get ur visa, in addition, it took dem 15 working day or more in some special occation to process visa... but if ur application doesnt attract special scruitiny then count 15 working days from d day u submited, dat should b sometime around early june or towards end of may... remember only God has d decision, pray even if u met all their requirement... only God ni o.... may God help us.
cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:43pm On May 25, 2013
phemobay:
I will tell u dat u av tried by everything u submitted, Only God gives visa... dont b affraid, pray very well and u will get ur visa, in addition, it took dem 15 working day or more in some special occation to process visa... but if ur application doesnt attract special scruitiny then count 15 working days from d day u submited, dat should b sometime around early june or towards end of may... remember only God has d decision, pray even if u met all their requirement... only God ni o.... may God help us.
cheers
What has God got to do with the issuing of visa? It would have meant that it is impossible for those who are not as religious as you to get a visa.
My friend, this thing is governed by laws and regulations, as well as terms and conditions with requirements that need to be met, and God recognizes and condone such...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 7:47pm On May 25, 2013
Vicjustice:
What has God got to do with the issuing of visa?
My friend, this thing is governed by laws and regulations, as well as terms and conditions with requirements that need to be met, and God recognizes such...

believe it or not, GOD is d paramount ECO, some people wl not put 1 or more of d required documents and still get it, while some can put all and still not get it.... so God's favor determines it at times
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:50pm On May 25, 2013
phemobay:

believe it or not, GOD is d paramount ECO, some people wl not put 1 or more of d required documents and still get it, while some can put all and still not get it.... so God's favor determines it at times
You must be a very holy and a righteous religious person, aren't you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 11:40am On May 27, 2013
justwise:

From the amount you earn it will be difficult for you to be given a visa, if you are still in doubt then make a mini-budget of the actual cost of the trip, estimate the cost of visa application, flight ticket, feeding, accommodation, transport within the UK. How much will you have left? How much of your salary will that be?

i'm thinking of booking at croydon hotel which is like 11,500 per night. for 7 nights it would be 82,000 naira
flight ticket would be 140,000
transport and feeding in UK would be 28,000
then shoping would take 40,000. it would come to about 290,000.which is about 3 times my salary plus i still have saving to fall back on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by histamine(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2013
@justwise or @vicJustice
I'm currently in the Uk on a tourist visa(2yr). The thing is i need to switch to a business visitor visa. How do i go about this? do i have to come back home (Long thing) or can i apply through the home office here. I got offered a clinical Observer post and apparently i cnt do that on a tourist visa.

any advice you can give would be appreciated

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:24pm On May 27, 2013
histamine: @justwise or @vicJustice
I'm currently in the Uk on a tourist visa(2yr). The thing is i need to switch to a business visitor visa. How do i go about this? do i have to come back home (Long thing) or can i apply through the home office here. I got offered a clinical Observer post and apparently i cnt do that on a tourist visa.

any advice you can give would be appreciated

Thanks

That is the only way to go about it, you can't do nothing from the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:26pm On May 27, 2013
reginabellca:

i'm thinking of booking at croydon hotel which is like 11,500 per night. for 7 nights it would be 82,000 naira
flight ticket would be 140,000
transport and feeding in UK would be 28,000
then shoping would take 40,000. it would come to about 290,000.which is about 3 times my salary plus i still have saving to fall back on.

That is where the problem lies, considering how much you earn, its a red flag on your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Godson311: 9:09am On May 29, 2013
Dear readers / posters,

Firstly i will like to thank justwise, vicjustice and other contributors on this tread for your support and assistance in helping people actualise their dreams of making credible trips/travel abroad.

My question: I submitted application for uk spouse visa and it's 9th week but still no feedback from them. The vfs tracking system displays no detailed stage of the application other than "Your application has been forwarded to BHC"

Any advice will go a great deal in helping cooling off the anxiety........... Thanks for you anticipated support

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:14am On May 29, 2013
Godson311: Dear readers / posters,

Firstly i will like to thank justwise, vicjustice and other contributors on this tread for your support and assistance in helping people actualise their dreams of making credible trips/travel abroad.

My question: I submitted application for uk spouse visa and it's 9th week but still no feedback from them. The vfs tracking system displays no detailed stage of the application other than "Your application has been forwarded to BHC"

Any advice will go a great deal in helping cooling off the anxiety........... Thanks for you anticipated support

Regards
Spouse, settlement or family reunification visas are special rights category, though, they could come in few weeks in some rare cases, but most could take any time from 3 months to 3 years depending on the simplicity or the complication of the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by baslone: 1:17pm On May 29, 2013
@justwise or @vicJustice- A quick one

My personal bank details show salary of 200k lodged into my account at the last week of every month for the past 5months from the company account. I am the CEO of the company and I intend to support my application with both my personal and company's bank statement.

Mt first question is- Do I have to issue/present pay slips to support the provision of a salary paid to myself?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:31pm On May 29, 2013
baslone: @justwise or @vicJustice- A quick one

My personal bank details show salary of 200k lodged into my account at the last week of every month for the past 5months from the company account. I am the CEO of the company and I intend to support my application with both my personal and company's bank statement.

Mt first question is- Do I have to issue/present pay slips to support the provision of a salary paid to myself?

The standard requirement is an evidence establishing the fact that you are employed, and a proof of financial circumstances.
As these evidences can be seen in some bank statements it is therefore possible to apply for a visa without pay slips, but it is not possible to apply for it without a bank statement: but because Nigerian applicants are highly suspected it is safer to provide both your bank statement and your payslips
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Godson311: 10:04pm On May 29, 2013
Vicjustice: Spouse, settlement or family reunification visas are special rights category, though, they could come in few weeks in some rare cases, but most could take any time from 3 months to 3 years depending on the simplicity or the complication of the application.

Thanks Vicjustice. Really appreciates the info. i just have to wait for feedback from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 12:02am On May 30, 2013
@justwise. Pls how much is the uk 6month(visiting) visa fee in naira? Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 12:12am On May 30, 2013
God is truly the paramount eco. Nothing happens either good or bad without his consent. My mum has been given visa 3times without a bankstatement. I mean it. Thou they asked for it in her first application and she proved to them why she doesnt keep an account. She got her 2yrs visa twice without bankstatement. God skips protocols and procedures. Gbam!
phemobay:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by darlene10: 9:40am On May 30, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:42am On May 30, 2013
dalobaba: God is truly the paramount eco. Nothing happens either good or bad without his consent. My mum has been given visa 3times without a bankstatement. I mean it. Thou they asked for it in her first application and she proved to them why she doesnt keep an account. She got her 2yrs visa twice without bankstatement. God skips protocols and procedures. Gbam!
Your Mom's age is definitely not in the category of those who pose immigration threats, it has been proven time and again that elderly people (who have spent all their time in their home countries) find it hard to live abroad, they find it boring and their tendency of being homesick, together with the fact of their low chance of employment is a driving encouragement for visa officers to approve their visas even with the least of documents: provided that there is evidence that the elderly person would be maintained: besides, visa officers are aware of the fact that many elderly people (in Nigeria) are poor with paper-works and documentations.
Let a young man of 25 years try applying in similar circumstances with your mum's and come back to tell us the result

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2013
darlene 10: Pls am new to this forum .have already applied for my united kingdom spouse visa before i heard of this forum.rily want to know wat my chances are.i applied four weeks ago my hubby misplaced four of his recent pay slips(originals) so i had to attach copies wt.a note from me explaining dat.den he got a letter from his boss for his employment details.i hope bonus es are regarded as salaries too? Cos d leta from his boss shows dat he gets paid 16500 basic den 3000 bonus anually making it 19500 per annum bfor tax.den i didnt include any electricity bills or coucil tax,but der is tenancy agreement.pls i need ur comments pls.am so depressed now.dont want all dis money wasted

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-visa-visa-appeal-process-part2
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:52am On May 30, 2013
darlene 10: Pls am new to this forum .have already applied for my united kingdom spouse visa before i heard of this forum.rily want to know wat my chances are.i applied four weeks ago my hubby misplaced four of his recent pay slips(originals) so i had to attach copies wt.a note from me explaining dat.den he got a letter from his boss for his employment details.i hope bonus es are regarded as salaries too? Cos d leta from his boss shows dat he gets paid 16500 basic den 3000 bonus anually making it 19500 per annum bfor tax.den i didnt include any electricity bills or coucil tax,but der is tenancy agreement.pls i need ur comments pls.am so depressed now.dont want all dis money wasted
Hi there.
You have already made the application, so whatever i say now would be invalid and there would be no need to give hope or to bother you with anything. I think you didn't do too bad, but just wait for the outcome, and if anything you want to know after that, feel free to ask.
Note: tenancy agreement is OK, but you should have added at least, a utility bill as evidence that he truly resides in the given address.
As for the payslips, it depends on its quality, ie whether they are authenticated (hard documents) or regular ones. Read:

You must provide original documents (except the identification documents of another person). Failure to submit original documents may mean your application is delayed or refused.
HARD DOCUMENTS are documents that carry Security Authentications; or Stamps; or Seals; or Signatures; or Apostiles, etc: (For example; a Marriage Certificate), such documents must be submitted in their original states (except the document is an identification document belonging to another person ie your sponsor's passport etc). Any other document that does not carry any of the mentioned authentication is allowed to be submitted in photocopy state: Your hard documents will be returned back to you in due time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dalobaba: 12:12pm On May 30, 2013
@justwise. Pls how much is the uk 6month(visiting) visa fee in naira? Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:20pm On May 30, 2013
dalobaba: @justwise. Pls how much is the uk 6month(visiting) visa fee in naira? Thanks so much

N20,800
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by otunbaneyo09(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2013
justwise:

N20,800

Plus additionall of 900 naira only for text message and proccesing that is what I paid last month
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:55am On May 31, 2013
otunbaneyo09:

Plus additionall of 900 naira only for text message and proccesing that is what I paid last month

Thanks for that additional info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 3:00pm On May 31, 2013
@justwise Gt back from the UK last month(3weeks duration) n still gt a valid 6month visa that will expire in July Ending, I will love to visit the Schengen countries during my next visit to the UK (before ma visa expires) On obtaining a Schengen visa through Spanish Embassy, Will i need to visit this country first? Initial plan is to visit amsterdam during a weekend while in London before my return date/Visa expire to Lagos.

Please Advise!!!
Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On May 31, 2013
tamica8: @justwise Gt back from the UK last month(3weeks duration) n still gt a valid 6month visa that will expire in July Ending, I will love to visit the Schengen countries during my next visit to the UK (before ma visa expires) On obtaining a Schengen visa through Spanish Embassy, Will i need to visit this country first? Initial plan is to visit amsterdam during a weekend while in London before my return date/Visa expire to Lagos.

Please Advise!!!
Regards.

You can go from the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 9:49am On Jun 01, 2013
I applied for a tourist visa for 14days and i was refused. This is what the officer said:
 it says:1. "The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions. I note that you have been previously issued a visit visa and travelled on 28/12/11. However each application must be treated on its own merits at the time the application is made".2. "You have stated that you are a student doing a Bachelor of Science at Central University College. In support of this you have provided a letter from them confirming that you are a second year student. However it does not state your progress and attendance to demonstrate your course commitmentand incentive to return to your studies after your proposed visit.3. "You also stated you are been supported by your mother who will pay for all of the expenses of your proposed visit. In support of this,she has provided a sponsor letter,business documents and bank statements. However,she has not provided any details of her income and financial commitments to demonstrate her abilitu to support you and I am unable to determine this from the evidence provided. Also,she has not provided any details as to the origins of the funds deposited into her bank account and whether they relate to her business,and I am unable to determine this from the evidence provided. I am not satisfied that the funds held in the account are under her exclusive control or that they are available for the purposes of your travel to the UK. I am therefore not satisfied that you have provides an accurate reflection of your personal and financial circumstances in Ghana as stated on your application.4. "I have noted that you are single and have not indicated anyone being reliant on you nor have you declaref any savings or assets. On the the balance of probablities,this demonstrates only limited ties to Ghana.Given the above,on the evidence before me,and the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter the UK. This means that i am not satisfied that only a short visit is intended,or that you will leave the UK at the end of the period stated. I am also not satisfied that you will be adequately maintained and accomodated in the United Kingdom or that you can meet the cost of your return or onward journey.
Please help,i dont get it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:00am On Jun 01, 2013
Troyphelis: I applied for a tourist visa for 14days and i was refused. This is what the officer said:
 it says:1. "The onus is on you to qualify for entry clearance based on your own circumstances and your own intentions. I note that you have been previously issued a visit visa and travelled on 28/12/11. However each application must be treated on its own merits at the time the application is made".2. "You have stated that you are a student doing a Bachelor of Science at Central University College. In support of this you have provided a letter from them confirming that you are a second year student. However it does not state your progress and attendance to demonstrate your course commitmentand incentive to return to your studies after your proposed visit.3. "You also stated you are been supported by your mother who will pay for all of the expenses of your proposed visit. In support of this,she has provided a sponsor letter,business documents and bank statements. However,she has not provided any details of her income and financial commitments to demonstrate her abilitu to support you and I am unable to determine this from the evidence provided. Also,she has not provided any details as to the origins of the funds deposited into her bank account and whether they relate to her business,and I am unable to determine this from the evidence provided. I am not satisfied that the funds held in the account are under her exclusive control or that they are available for the purposes of your travel to the UK. I am therefore not satisfied that you have provides an accurate reflection of your personal and financial circumstances in Ghana as stated on your application.4. "I have noted that you are single and have not indicated anyone being reliant on you nor have you declaref any savings or assets. On the the balance of probablities,this demonstrates only limited ties to Ghana.Given the above,on the evidence before me,and the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you have accurately presented your circumstances or intentions in wishing to enter the UK. This means that i am not satisfied that only a short visit is intended,or that you will leave the UK at the end of the period stated. I am also not satisfied that you will be adequately maintained and accomodated in the United Kingdom or that you can meet the cost of your return or onward journey.
The explanations are clear enough to me, What is it that you don't get?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by erico2k2(m): 10:08am On Jun 01, 2013
Troyphelis: I applied for a tourist visa for 14days and i was refused. This is what the officer said:
your case is clear cut, first and foremost, where you given right of appeal? if so you got to prove all them things the ECO said he was no satisfied with, if not right of appeal then you got to re apply including all them mew evidence, mostly ur mum need to include her personal bank account and you will need a letter from your HOD to confirm ur attendance in school etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2013
Thanks guys,i really appreciate it. What if i dont get a letter from my HOD but i rather add my transcripts??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 11:01am On Jun 01, 2013
Please i would like how to make an itinerary and whats involved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.