Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (983474 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3006: 11:46am On May 20, 2013
hi I have query concerning the general visitors visa for UK. I am a fresh graduate with a steady job earning around 300 pounds a month in ahmedabad.I have been invited to a conference in UK to present a paper at a university. I was recently refused a visa even though I named my father as sponsor and submitted his documents along with my recent contract. they claimed the refusal was because my dads sponsor ship letter was not submitted. I have now reapplied with. is it a straight forward case?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by onezu(f): 12:52pm On May 20, 2013
Good day every one on this forum,please i want to ask a question.is it possible for a married husband(police officer) to visit his wife in canada who is pregnant and she is studing also
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by phemobay: 1:55pm On May 20, 2013
please house someone was called for interview on uk visa application, please can u enlighten me what she is gonna meet and her chances
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Trinah: 10:39am On May 23, 2013
Hie to you all.

I have been following this thread for the past 3 months and would like to commend you all for your efforts in assisting each and everyone who comes with queries on this forum.

A special mention to Justwise and Vicjustice, i salute you both. I got my vistors visa today and would really like to thank you all for your contribuions they assited me. To those who want to apply for visas in future, i advise you to take their valuable advise, it really does help.

Please keep this up.

Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by longebaba: 3:43pm On May 23, 2013
please i want to sponsor my sister to UK and she is still a student of the university, what are the requirements that i need to meet up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 23, 2013
Good day to everyone on this thread.
I'm planning to apply for UK visit visa soon and I'll like to know some basic things that I should do or avoid. I just want to get more information, no knowledge is a waste.
Actually, the truth is I need the visa for transit, rather than visit but I'll like to get the visit visa as I might decide to stay over or even go spend some days in the UK some other time. Thanks in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua: Good day to everyone on this thread.
I'm planning to apply for UK visit visa soon and I'll like to know some basic things that I should do or avoid. I just want to get more information, no knowledge is a waste.
Actually, the truth is I need the visa for transit, rather than visit but I'll like to get the visit visa as I might decide to stay over or even go spend some days in the UK some other time. Thanks in advance.

stay over as in? over staying?

Well, this thread is all about it. You need to ask a specific question or read the whole thread cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

stay over as in? over staying?

Well, this thread is all about it. You need to ask a specific question or read the whole thread cool

As in i might decide to stay for some days before proceeding to Nigeria.
Reading the whole thread Boss, abeg na beg I beg, I no fit do that.
Lemme ask more direct questions: Does my invitee's bank account statement matter? Also, is there a particular level of relationship that should exist between I and my invitee?
Like how much is needed in my sponsor's bank account statement?
Do I need to fill my own account too with too much money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 8:42pm On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

As in i might decide to stay for some days before proceeding to Nigeria.
Reading the whole thread Boss, abeg na beg I beg, I no fit do that.
Lemme ask more direct questions: Does my invitee's bank account statement matter? Also, is there a particular level of relationship that should exist between I and my invitee?
Like how much is needed in my sponsor's bank account statement?
Do I need to fill my own account too with too much money?

Which country are you currently in?

Don't worry about reading the whole thread, Vicjustice/justwise is coming to answer ya questions...

Most of the answers will also depend on the support of your invitee. Especially, the question of who is funding who for the visit.
So you'll need to provide more info for them.

Also, you need to show a very good tie to Nigeria/The country you're coming from.
You also need to show you have access to accommodation, which your invitee might provide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

Which country are you currently in?

Don't worry about reading the whole thread, Vicjustice/justwise is coming to answer ya questions...

Most of the answers will also depend on the support of your invitee. Especially, the question of who is funding who for the visit.
So you'll need to provide more info for them.

Also, you need to show a very good tie to Nigeria/The country you're coming from.
You also need to show you have access to accommodation, which your invitee might provide.

I'm on a carribean island. My dad is going to be my sponsor for the visit.
Which other tie do I need to show apart from the fact that I am a full-blown Nigerian? I'm studying in the country where I am. I actually know most of the processing and all of that, as most of my friends have processed theirs and got it at one time or the other. I just want to get extra tips from people on this thread. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Still waiting for vicjustice and justwise cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 8:57pm On May 23, 2013
alutacontinua:

I'm on a carribean island. My dad is going to be my sponsor for the visit.
Which other tie do I need to show apart from the fact that I am a full-blown Nigerian? I'm studying in the country where I am. I actually know most of the processing and all of that, as most of my friends have processed theirs and got it at one time or the other. I just want to get extra tips from people on this thread. Any tips would be highly appreciated. Still waiting for vicjustice and justwise cool

Na so
Tell that to the immigration cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

Na so
Tell that to the immigration cool

grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by weezyana07(m): 11:11am On May 24, 2013
@justwise @vicjustice @spikes c applying for student visa aside having the required fund in your account does one still need to show a "good tie"? And if he doesn't have, any chances onto what he should do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 1:09pm On May 24, 2013
weezyana07: @justwise @vicjustice @spikes c applying for student visa aside having the required fund in your account does one still need to show a "good tie"? And if he doesn't have, any chances onto what he should do?

No, u don't need to SHOW but they'll ask indirect questions about it. Never give them the impression that you'll not come back after studies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 3:30pm On May 24, 2013
Goodday Just wise,

I need some advice.

Last year August 2012 I submitted an application for Visa to UK as a tourist. I stated that I had no friends and included my employment letter,letter of introduction,share cert and dividends,evidence of fixed deposit letter from bank,my savings account which is also my salary account, I had 700k in fixed deposits and 300k in savings. I booked a hotel but my salary is 80k a month after tax. I had put 120k as what i earn and also started that i would be spending 650k and ECO refused my application stating that the amount i propose to spend wasnt proportionate to my salary. The refusal letter for this application stated that I wanted to spend 5 times my salary for a vacation and the ECO was not convinced. They didnt raise any objections on me stating that i earn 120k per month.

My second application was in October 2012. I stated i had a friend and wrote his full name and phone number in the form. i applied again as a general visitor/tourist i supplied my employment letter,letter of introduction,share cert and dividends,evidence of fixed deposit from bank, my bank statement for 6 months and my hotel booking.I was still earning 80k after tax but put 120k as what i earn even though it didnt reflex in my account and they still didnt raise a brow. I stated that I would spend 250k. But they refused me visa and said i did not indicate what i plan to do in the uk even though i said i would be going with my sister and mum(they have visas) and i would be shopping and go sight seeing.The ECO said there is evident lack of planning and preparation for my trip and while its not a prerequisite,casts doubts about my intentions.The ECO also said i did not provide documentary evidence of my friend in the UK.

As I plan to apply again,my questions now are:
On my pay slip and account my salary is 80k, should i still go with 120k as before in previous applications.
Should I ask my mum or sister to act as co-sponsors even though I work?
what would be the correct amount to put as what i would be spending in the UK?
what do they mean by my lack of evident planning and preparation for my trip?
How do i then should them that i am prepared for the trip?

N.B: I have an unused senge visa ,what is the probability of getting another.They told me that they dont like it when their VISAS are not used. I traveled to dubai in april, it is ok just to say that i went for visit, since i would most likely be applying for visa again at UK for vacation?

Many thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 8:16pm On May 24, 2013
Hello Guys @vicjustice @justwise its me again lol. Remember I came here to give my testimony last month. Anywaiz here is my problem. My student Visa was issued on the 23rd of April and I picked it up on the 26th of april. When I was filling my application form I filled I'll wanna leave Nigeria for the Uk on the 27th of april as my school resumed on the 29th of april. But I haven't still been able to leave cos I feel ill and I lost a relative.I've contacted my school and they said I can resume next week as on my Cas it was stated my latest starting date is June 24. I'm scared I might have issues with the immigration. Pls I need your sincere advice please. Thanks Guys smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2013
shakarababie: Hello Guys @vicjustice @justwise its me again lol. Remember I came here to give my testimony last month. Anywaiz here is my problem. My student Visa was issued on the 23rd of April and I picked it up on the 26th of april. When I was filling my application form I filled I'll wanna leave Nigeria for the Uk on the 27th of april as my school resumed on the 29th of april. But I haven't still been able to leave cos I feel ill and I lost a relative.I've contacted my school and they said I can resume next week as on my Cas it was stated my latest starting date is June 24. I'm scared I might have issues with the immigration. Pls I need your sincere advice please. Thanks Guys smiley

You will be fine, nothing to worry about, print the email from the school and travel with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:37pm On May 24, 2013
reginabellca: Goodday Just wise,

I need some advice.

Last year August 2012 I submitted an application for Visa to UK as a tourist. I stated that I had no friends and included my employment letter,letter of introduction,share cert and dividends,evidence of fixed deposit letter from bank,my savings account which is also my salary account, I had 700k in fixed deposits and 300k in savings. I booked a hotel but my salary is 80k a month after tax. I had put 120k as what i earn and also started that i would be spending 650k and ECO refused my application stating that the amount i propose to spend wasnt proportionate to my salary. The refusal letter for this application stated that I wanted to spend 5 times my salary for a vacation and the ECO was not convinced. They didnt raise any objections on me stating that i earn 120k per month.

My second application was in October 2012. I stated i had a friend and wrote his full name and phone number in the form. i applied again as a general visitor/tourist i supplied my employment letter,letter of introduction,share cert and dividends,evidence of fixed deposit from bank, my bank statement for 6 months and my hotel booking.I was still earning 80k after tax but put 120k as what i earn even though it didnt reflex in my account and they still didnt raise a brow. I stated that I would spend 250k. But they refused me visa and said i did not indicate what i plan to do in the uk even though i said i would be going with my sister and mum(they have visas) and i would be shopping and go sight seeing.The ECO said there is evident lack of planning and preparation for my trip and while its not a prerequisite,casts doubts about my intentions.The ECO also said i did not provide documentary evidence of my friend in the UK.

On my pay slip and account my salary is 80k, should i still go with 120k as before in previous applications.

N.B: I have an unused senge visa ,what is the probability of getting another.They told me that they dont like it when their VISAS are not used. I traveled to dubai in april, it is ok just to say that i went for visit, since i would most likely be applying for visa again at UK for vacation?

Many thanks.

To be honest with you..if your condition hasn't changed since the last time you applied....its going to be another refusal. Asking your mum or sister to act as your co-sponsor will not change much, as an adult you are expected to pick up the total cost of the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:39pm On May 24, 2013
weezyana07: @justwise @vicjustice @spikes c applying for student visa aside having the required fund in your account does one still need to show a "good tie"? And if he doesn't have, any chances onto what he should do?

spikes c answered your question.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by shakarababie(f): 8:58pm On May 24, 2013
Ok. Thanks a lot @justwise smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ksolo2013: 9:07pm On May 24, 2013
na london ur school go dey @shakarababe
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donrocky(m): 3:29pm On May 25, 2013
hey everybody in the house....pls am a student and my stepfather is sponsoring my uk gerneral visiting visa....i summit my application in 16 of may 2013.and up to now i havent hear from them...pls my quesion is what are my chance of geting the visa.and when am i likely to hear from them.....the document i summited was
1)my completed visa form
2)letter of invitation from my uncle and his wife
3)letter of introduction from my school stateing the course am doing and when i will be likely to finish it
4)six month banks statement of my stepfather who is sponsoring me.acess bank and first bank.with go cash inflow
5)letter of consent from my dad and mom
6)marrage certificate of my mom and my step dad showing their surname
7)my birth certificate
so good people in the house what are my chancess of having the visa....and when likely are my going to hear from them...pls i need your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by chomiq3(f): 4:15pm On May 25, 2013
Please house should I book my flight and add it to my uk visa application? Urgent answers pls thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donrocky(m): 4:23pm On May 25, 2013
hey everybody in the house....pls am a student and my stepfather is sponsoring my uk gerneral visiting visa....i summit my application on 16 of may 2013.and up to now i havent hear from them...pls my quesion is what are my chance of geting the visa.and when am i likely to hear from them.....the document i summited was
1)my completed visa form
3)letter of introduction from my school stateing the course am doing and when i will be likely to finish it
4)six month banks statement of my stepfather who is sponsoring me.acess bank and first bank.with go cash inflow
7)my birth certificate
so good people in the house what are my chancess of having the visa....and when likely are my going to hear from them...pls i need your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by reginabellca: 4:34pm On May 25, 2013
So I can't ask my mum or sister to co-sponsor?ok.Please what conditions?I asked other questions please do me the honours of advising.based on my salary,my status n document n how to fill the form and address those tins eco pointed out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On May 25, 2013
reginabellca: So I can't ask my mum or sister to co-sponsor?ok.Please what conditions?I asked other questions please do me the honours of advising.based on my salary,my status n document n how to fill the form and address those tins eco pointed out.

reginabellca: Goodday Just wise,

I need some advice.

Many thanks.

From the amount you earn it will be difficult for you to be given a visa, if you are still in doubt then make a mini-budget of the actual cost of the trip, estimate the cost of visa application, flight ticket, feeding, accommodation, transport within the UK. How much will you have left? How much of your salary will that be?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2013
don rocky: hey everybody in the house....pls am a student and my stepfather is sponsoring my uk gerneral visiting visa....i summit my application on 16 of may 2013.and up to now i havent hear from them...pls my quesion is what are my chance of geting the visa.and when am i likely to hear from them.....the document i summited was
1)my completed visa form
7)my birth certificate

Nobody here can honestly tell you 100% if you will be given a visa or not and you have submitted already so there is no need trying to raise your hope or give you false hope. All you have to do now is to wait for the outcome
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2013
chomiq3: Please house should I book my flight and add it to my uk visa application? Urgent answers pls thank you.

Nope, never book a flight before recieving your visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:46pm On May 25, 2013
chomiq3: Please house should I book my flight and add it to my uk visa application? Urgent answers pls thank you.

You can if you want but its not really necessary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by donrocky(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2013
justwise:

Nobody here can honestly tell you 100% if you will be given a visa or not and you have submitted already so there is no need trying to raise your hope or give you false hope. All you have to do now is to wait for the outcome

so what you are telling me now is that me asking the quesion is not relevant ....why...it hust a good answer i need.not yours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:56pm On May 25, 2013
don rocky:

so what you are telling me now is that me asking the quesion is not relevant ....why...it hust a good answer i need.not yours

Noted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.