Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (984032 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2013
My mum is sponsoring my trip to the UK as a tourist. 1600pounds is available for my trip. Whilst filling the forms,i was asked
1. How much money is available for your visit?
2. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any of this visit,how much money will they give you?
3. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom??
Do i need to give 1600pounds for questions 1,2 and 3
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 11:38am On Jun 01, 2013
Troyphelis: My mum is sponsoring my trip to the UK as a tourist. 1600pounds is available for my trip. Whilst filling the forms,i was asked
1. How much money is available for your visit?
2. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any of this visit,how much money will they give you?
3. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom??
Do i need to give 1600pounds for questions 1,2 and 3
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adim02: 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
hi every one in this forum
AM NEW ,I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH IS STUDENT VISA,AND THE DOCUMENT NEEDED BY THE EMBASSY,I WANT TO APPLY FOR A MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAME IN HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:10pm On Jun 01, 2013
Troyphelis: Please i would like how to make an itinerary and whats involved.
Your answers are all here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2013
adim02: hi every one in this forum
AM NEW ,I WANT TO KNOW HOW MUCH IS STUDENT VISA,AND THE DOCUMENT NEEDED BY THE EMBASSY,I WANT TO APPLY FOR A MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAME IN HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT.

Take your time and go through these links, you will see answers to all your questions

https://www.nairaland.com/826936/uk-student-visa-tier-4/123

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf9-app81.pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
please justwise i need ur advice on this, i received an invitation letter from a distance cousin in the uk, inviting me to come spend 2wks of my summer holiday with him. Rite now i av all the neccessary document from him i.e ivitation leter, Residencial permit, His bank statement of acc and also some of his utility bills. The issue now is dat what document are my expected to attach to his document? pls help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2013
adeniyi bolanle: please justwise i need ur advice on this, i received an invitation letter from a distance cousin in the uk, inviting me to come spend 2wks of my summer holiday with him. Rite now i av all the neccessary document from him i.e ivitation leter, Residencial permit, His bank statement of acc and also some of his utility bills. The issue now is dat what document are my expected to attach to his document? pls help me out
This is the most repeatedly asked and answered question in the entire forum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EcashPlanet(f): 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
Hi,

Please I need advise on the length of time it takes to process a UK visa application for business visit.
I applied, along with my spouse for a visa to attend a conference which is slated for 10th June, 2013 and was made to understand that it take about 2 weeks for the visa application to be processed. We were called for an interview as at 1 week after application, which we attended. It's about three weeks now after application, but we we are yet to get any call or information from VSF Global or BHC on collection of our passports.

I have called the VSF Global office severally, but there is no response. The conference itself is almost at hand, at this stage I am already apprehensive, as certain payments have already been made in effect of conference attendance.

Kindly advise.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TCann(m): 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
To God be all the glory. I want to thank everybody here that contributed to my friend's application for his family and the elders that kept mute too (which drove me and the guy to embark on a rigorous research of all that UK visa entails)

He followed his mind and reapplied 2 days after waiting to get an advice I sought on his behalf here (which was almost not forthcoming) and explained with a cover letter (adding all available supporting documents) on a point by point basis all the grounds for the earlier refusal the ECO meted to him and his family. The long and short of the story is that we both went to VFS today and he was granted visa together with his wife and 2 sons.

I understand the pressure is much on our visa advisors on the thread but a more careful and detailed understanding and answering of questions or situations as being asked by 1st timers like us will go a long way, biko, we pray thee! grin

All the same, l'm happy for my friend and his family and thank you all for creating this online resource to fall on for answers to UK visa issues. God bless you all.

T-Cann:
@Justwise, Dis Guy, Vicjustice et all

My friend whom I earlier told you (in my previous bolded posts) applied for the UK visa with his wife and 2 sons have been denied. Too bad! I went there to collect the packets with him. Now to the issues:

In the refusal note, the Visa Officer stated that he said he has a monthly income of 417 pounds and doesn't receive any other income from other sources. Also that he stated that he has 5,500 available to him for the visit and further stated that 2000 will be the cost to him personally for the stay in UK. The visa officer stated that he did not state what he intends to do in the UK (which he did- shopping and tourism) and was curious why no explanation as to why he wants to spend 5 times his monthly salary on a trip to the UK. [PLS WHAT IS THE DIFF BTW MONEY AVAILABLE TO U AND COST TO YOU PERSONALLY FOR YOUR STAY..as seen in the Application form?]

He also picked holes in his statement of account- unusual lodgements- 500,000 (3 diff times) totally 1,500,000,all from companies owned by my friend which he did not explained. (He actually loaned 1 million to one of the companies, which is covered by an IOU agreement and 500,000 to the 2nd one covered by the company's special resolution accepting the loan and an IOU agreement. What actually happened was that the money was repaid back to his personal account in 2 tranches for the 1st coy and 500k borrowed to the 2nd coy was also repaid with cheque, at different times around Feb to March for both coys, he applied for the visa in April.

VISA OFFICER concluded that he doesn't think he can carry the family expenses for the visit or that they will come back.

MY FRIEND'S SIDE OF THE STORY:
- His montly salary is abt 110k

- His annual total remuneration (including salary) is abt 4.5 million

- As at April, his has been paid abt 2.5 million of that total amount (including Jan to April salary)

- My friend did not disclose his company existence since he is a dormant director for now and earns nothing from the Companies. His personal statement of acct reflected the names of the companies when the coys repaid on the loan he borrowed them around Feb/March from the coy's account and cheque.

- He could borrow out the funds then because he did not have a present need for it then.

- My friend's monthly payslip is not a true reflection of all the monies he earned from his employer annually

- Visa officer did not aver his mind to 750k and 800k allowances that was credited to his account by his employer in January. (Out of which he loaned his companies)

- He has a very good job and he intends to go for his 2013 annual leave in June-July, 2013, not to run away. 2 lands in Abuja, A jeep and membership of ICAN, wouldnt leave all that to run to UK.

WHAT WE HAVE ADVISED HIM TO DO:
- Reapply a fresh application for the whole family, now explaning with additional cover letter( reasons for repplying being so that he can still make his annual leave holiday in June), analysis of his statement of acct, stamped and sealed IOU agreement, special resolution accepting the loan. addition of land documents, vehicle documents etc

- appeal the refusal which the visa officer says is limited to the grounds referred to in section 84(1)(c) of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 2002 (which will take time and he will not be able to use this year's annual leave to travel with his family)

Note: the documents he submitted were not in contention.

YOUR TAKE ON THE ISSUES: Kindly let your advise pour in on the way you think he should go and also drop any other idea you have on a probable way to go. Pick the issues one by one and kindly be specific on your responses.

THANK U AND SORRY TO BORE U WITH THE LONG POST. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
CONGRATS

hope you too can chime in next time- all experience counts
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by adeniyibolanle(m): 9:24am On Jun 04, 2013
yes av checked previous trends and am thinking maybe it might av advanced and also if there is any additional requirement for it now, just want to be on a safer side pls bro help me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2013
adeniyi bolanle:
yes av checked previous trends and am thinking maybe it might av advanced and also if there is any additional requirement for it now, just want to be on a safer side pls bro help me

https://www.nairaland.com/1181160/comprehensive-list-documents-required-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bornosheikh: 5:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
Anybody know the procedure for getting a UK passport from the embassy in Abuja. My wife is based in Abuja, but I (british citizen) am on a 3-month contract in Lens (France). I have tried calling the embassy contact numbers but have been getting the runaround...call back tomorrow, call lagos, wrong section-try visa/try consular. They even gave me a mobile number which just rings and rings while eating up my international phone card.

I know my daughter will qualify as British Citizen by descent. Anybody know the fee to be paid and how long the process takes. I know that I will have to submit my british passport, pikin birth certificate, marriage cert etc...

Does anybody have a valid number or contact in the Embassy?

Thanks in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 9:07pm On Jun 04, 2013
Justwise and all:My hubby and I plan on visiting UK for two weeks.He is self employed and already has a US visa and an expired south African visa.As for me I lost my passport and had to get a fresh new one.What are our chances of getting a UK visa,what exact forms are we required to fill and what documents should we tender?Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 7:28am On Jun 05, 2013
Hello guys, i am a student in the university and i am being sponsored by mother to travel to the UK as a tourist. When filling the application i was asked "what is the cost personally to you of your trip to the UK?? I said 'none' because my mother is sponsoring me and i dont have any savings to help out. Did i give the right answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:55am On Jun 05, 2013
oln: Justwise and all:My hubby and I plan on visiting UK for two weeks.He is self employed and already has a US visa and an expired south African visa.As for me I lost my passport and had to get a fresh new one.What are our chances of getting a UK visa,what exact forms are we required to fill and what documents should we tender?Thanks
With due respect, only a fortune teller can give you an (invalid) answer on your "chances" based on the information that you had provided.
You mean, your husband got a USA visa and yet neither of you know the documents to provide for a UK visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2013
Troyphelis: Hello guys, i am a student in the university and i am being sponsored by mother to travel to the UK as a tourist. When filling the application i was asked "what is the cost personally to you of your trip to the UK?? I said 'none' because my mother is sponsoring me and i dont have any savings to help out. Did i give the right answer
Have you already submitted the application form?
If yes, then I will recommend that you withdraw it quickly because, you've just told the visa officer that you're travelling abroad without finance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 9:47am On Jun 05, 2013
Vicjustice: Have you already submitted the application form?
If yes, then I will recommend that you withdraw it quickly because, you've just told the visa officer that you're travelling abroad without finance
Okies,so what if i tell dem that the cost to me personally is 1600pounds and i break dem down into flight,feeding,accomodation etc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 9:49am On Jun 05, 2013
What best answer should i give to that,here is the case my mum is sponsoring me. What is the cost personally to you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:16am On Jun 05, 2013
Troyphelis: What best answer should i give to that,here is the case my mum is sponsoring me. What is the cost personally to you?

are you going to visit a family member?

I'll be tempted to write 1,600 as personal cost, being cash given to you by your mum for your holiday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 1:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
Dis Guy:

are you going to visit a family member?

I'll be tempted to write 1,600 as personal cost, being cash given to you by your mum for your holiday
No i am going as a tourist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chinwem(f): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2013
Troyphelis: Hello guys, i am a student in the university and i am being sponsored by mother to travel to the UK as a tourist. When filling the application i was asked "what is the cost personally to you of your trip to the UK?? I said 'none' because my mother is sponsoring me and i dont have any savings to help out. Did i give the right answer

I think you re honest. You don't have any savings which is true and you re still a student so it's not strange

When I was a student I presented my parents bank statements on several occasions

This is my experience and my opinion.....any body can chose to not to agree with this after all opinions are like noses

What else do you plan to tell the visa officer? A lie? That you run several businesses or import/ export alongside studies?

Stick with what you know .......Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 7:47pm On Jun 05, 2013
Chinwem:

I think you re honest. You don't have any savings which is true and you re still a student so it's not strange

When I was a student I presented my parents bank statements on several occasions

This is my experience and my opinion.....any body can chose to not to agree with this after all opinions are like noses

What else do you plan to tell the visa officer? A lie? That you run several businesses or import/ export alongside studies?

The cost to you not the cost from you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2013
Chinwem:

You totally misunderstood the English.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotcomnamename: 11:39am On Jun 06, 2013
[size=15pt]Hi everyone, pls how much is UK visa fees for 2 years Visitor's visa?[/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by santa101: 1:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: [size=15pt]Hi everyone, pls how much is UK visa fees for 2 years Visitor's visa?[/size]
N73,300
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dotlankaregbe(m): 3:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Dear justwise,
Am requesting to know much about these issues,i want u to help me send soft copies of GRE materials,am an unemployed graduate and want to write this exam,but need ur help to prepare with materials past question in my e-mail box dotlank@gmail.com, then if u are staying in EUROPE and want to further ur study,how do i go about it? i have my credentials with me including my university transcript,but need ow to go about it,may be i dey germany.
plz the GRE material,just help i will copy it 4rm my box. More power to ur elbows................May god continue using u 4 humanity sake........i have not seen previous responses too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamawa123: 3:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
My 6 months UK Visa expired 3 months ago. To reapply/renew what documents do u think I will need. Also can I do it online or paper application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by alphazenzen: 3:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
ow much is uk visa in present for work permit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamawa123: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
2-year Visitor visa fee is 72,280 naira plus 500 naira if u pay it at visa application center
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oln: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
@Vicjustice:My hubby presented his company's official documents for his US visa interview because he was going for a conference but right now we intend going as a couple and solely on a vaction that was why I had to ask what documents are required
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 9:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Justwise,pls what's ur email addy or can we chat?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.