Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (980342 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2013
tolma28: @justwise, yes is work related, is abt travels and Hospitality and am actually planning on sponsoring myself. Am actually workin in a 3 star hotel.
Perhaps you understood "work related" as: being in the same field and correspondence with the nature of your job, but that is not what Justwise meant.
Now, I do not need to reiterate the question because I can see the answer from your post that (although the program that you propose to attend in the UK may be in line with the nature of your job, but) it is not work related otherwise, you wouldn't be spending your own money to sponsor the trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
Raphel2011: Hi,
I applied for my visa renewal 3 days ago with my dad and my mum and my sister. We have been to the u.k over 10 times and our last u.k visa that expired was a 5 years tourist visa. I included my personal statement of account and my transcript from the uni which should stand as a proof that I live in dubai. Few things that are bothering me are:
1, My brother was issued a uk study permit but he left the u.k 3 years ago before the completion of his studies to start his business in cotonou. I hope they won't want to delay our application trying to find out where he is?
2, My cousin was in a uni in london till last month. Since she graduated, in d form we stated that we do not know anyone in the u.k bcs she graduated and she is in nigeria now. But in my dad's statement of account, it still shows money was withdrawn with an atm card in london last month. Won't they think my brother is still in uk?
3, My dad is a retired nnpc manager but we are not sure of the exact date we used in the previous application as d date he retired. If the date we stated then and now are different, would this affect the application?
Any help would be appreciated.
Kingsley.

Who used your dad's card? The eco might not scrutinize your dad's statement to the extent that they will now see that he used his card in london, then again you might be unlucky, i dnt think your brother staying in the uk before should affect your application, you said your family tourist visa was just for you, your dad , your mum and sister. So i dnt see how your brother's visa affects yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2013
tolma28: @justwise, yes is work related, is abt travels and Hospitality and am actually planning on sponsoring myself. Am actually workin in a 3 star hotel.

If you dnt give sometime and you keep applying and applying and applying, the eco might think you deseperately want to leave nigeria maybe to go and claim asylum or something. If your are applying this time make sure you get your things properly together, unless you will be refused if in doubt of the visiting visa requirements see ukba nigeria for the guidelines. Good luck this time
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 11, 2013
..kudos Justwise&others4ur steady good counsel..trying2apply online nw&go2d collection center2moro- 4a 2wks vac2d uk bt d link dont seem2b opening..pardon my ignorance..also must i include an itinery4my visit?.thank u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 9:29am On Aug 11, 2013
chris.a:
..kudos Justwise&others4ur steady good counsel..trying2apply online nw&go2d collection center2moro- 4a 2wks vac2d uk bt d link dont seem2b opening..pardon my ignorance..also must i include an itinery4my visit?.thank u.

You cant just reaaply online like that you have to call them and tell them about te mistake you made i think the charge for reapplying/ or fresh application is 25k, i was there when someone had a similar problem and she paid 25k. So call their helpline and tell them you made a mistake, because i am sure you read the part that said once you submit you cant go back to your application, my advise is that you call their visa helplines before reapplying. Because they might be wondering why the same person with the same passport no has 2 applications and they might think you are being dodgy and they might ban you for 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:50am On Aug 11, 2013

Vicjustice: Perhaps you understood "work related" as: being in the same field and correspondence with the nature of your job, but that is not what Justwise meant.
Now, I do not need to reiterate the question because I can see the answer from your post that (although the program that you propose to attend in the UK may be in line with the nature of your job), but it is not work related otherwise, you wouldn't be spending your own money to sponsor the trip.

In addition to what Vicjustice said, i will be surprised if you are given a visa, you will struggle to convince the ECO as to why you want to sponsor yourself and not your company. I don't know how much you are earning to place you in a position to afford such program.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tolma28(m): 11:50am On Aug 11, 2013
@justwise, @vic, thanks fir your positive contributions so far. So will you suggest I apply for a visa as family holiday I.e apply for visit with my wife and little boy. Tanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 11, 2013
Justwise pls stil waiting on u or oda fellows in d house...Olu1234's reply wasnt realy4me as dt wasnt my quare.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
chris.a:
Justwise pls stil waiting on u or oda fellows in d house...Olu1234's reply wasnt realy4me as dt wasnt my quare.

Put your question in a readable format, i love text-speak writing but yours is just a turn-off
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
olu1234567:

You cant just reaaply online like that you have to call them and tell them about te mistake you made i think the charge for reapplying/ or fresh application is 25k, i was there when someone had a similar problem and she paid 25k. So call their helpline and tell them you made a mistake, because i am sure you read the part that said once you submit you cant go back to your application, my advise is that you call their visa helplines before reapplying. Because they might be wondering why the same person with the same passport no has 2 applications and they might think you are being dodgy and they might ban you for 10 years
Not quite so, actually, it is allowed to abandon an incomplete or existing application and then to fill a fresh form, it is not a necessity to continue with an already submitted application: a person can discontinue with an already submitted application, there is no problem whatsoever with that.
An application filled and submitted online does not take effect (nor is it attended to) until the appearance and the bio-data submission of the applicant.
Now, if he filled an application and submitted it online, and then realises that he made a mistake, it is ok for him to abandon the application and make a fresh one, the former one will not even come into effect: it is only after he has attended the embasy and has submitted the printed copy of the application form; and his bio-data taken that it becomes too late
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
I dont know the link to the UK online application as i plan to apply online today and go to the drop my documents tomorrow. Also must i include my itinery in the UK with my application?.thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
chris.a:
I dont know the link to the UK online application as i plan to apply online today and go to the drop my documents tomorrow. Also must i include my itinery in the UK with my application?.thanks.
You can apply for a UK visa online in this link:
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
As for the question on itinerary, I hope you're not thinking that itinerary means flight ticket. DO NOT BOOK A TICKET BEFORE HAVING YOUR VISA, you would loose your money if it is refused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
By itinerary i meant whether i must state the things i intend to do while there or places i intend to visit..thanks for the link though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
chris.a:
By itinerary i meant whether i must state the things i intend to do while there or places i intend to visit..thanks for the link though.
Perfect.
You are required to show details of itinerary
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:55am On Aug 12, 2013
tolma28: @justwise, @vic, thanks fir your positive contributions so far. So will you suggest I apply for a visa as family holiday I.e apply for visit with my wife and little boy. Tanx

What is your monthly salary?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tolma28(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2013
justwise:

What is your monthly salary?

#120k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Aug 12, 2013
tolma28:

#120k

That means you are going to spend about 4x your monthly salary in a week or two holiday? Your chances of getting a visa is very remote. If i were you i will give it a break until your financial situation improves.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tolma28(m): 12:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
justwise:

That means you are going to spend about 4x your monthly salary in a week or two holiday? Your chances of getting a visa is very remote. If i were you i will give it a break until your financial situation improves.

but I have a business which I run with my wife outside my normal employment. And I have d cac cert and evidence of tax payment for business transactions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
@ Vicjustice

I am going to UK for conference

Question from on line form:

1. Type of visa ?
2. Purpose of Application ?
3. Type of Application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mackengift: 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
justwise:

Not possible, you have to apply by yourself in Nigeria
this is an email message i received from the embassy she applied to. From:British Embassy
To:Mackengift
Date:12:10 pm
Subj:YOUR INVITATIONLETTER HAS BEENCONFIRMED
Dear applicant, an invitation letter has been received on your behalf
by Tracy Wilfred, you have been assigned to a visa administrator in your
country, kindly contact him on +2348183540226 or
britishembassyconsultant@ gmail.com(Mr Sunday) he isthe intermediary
between you and the British Embassy, he will guide you through further
processing of your visa.
For questions Contact us on britishembassy_uk@mail2lo ndon.com
Regards
Admin officer.
<span id=m2wTl><p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" style="font-size:13.5px">_______________________________________________________________<BR>Get the Free email that has everyone talking at <a href= http://www.mail2world.comtarget=new> http://www.mail2world.com</a><br> <font color=#999999>Unlimited Email Storage &#150; POP3 &#150; Calendar&#150; SMS &#150; Translator &#150; Much More!</font></font></span>
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
mackengift: this is an email message i received from the embassy she applied to. From:British Embassy
processing of your visa.
Regards
Admin officer.
<span id=m2wTl><p><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" style="font-size:13.5px">_______________________________________________________________<BR>Get the Free email that has everyone talking at <a href= http://www.mail2world.comtarget=new> http://www.mail2world.com</a><br> <font color=#999999>Unlimited Email Storage &#150; POP3 &#150; Calendar&#150; SMS &#150; Translator &#150; Much More!</font></font></span>

SCAM! THEY ARE RUNNING AFTER YOU,YOU BETTER RUN FASTER............ grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by olu1234567(f): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Vicjustice:
Not quite so, actually, it is allowed to abandon an incomplete or existing application and then to fill a fresh form, it is not a necessity to continue with an already submitted application: a person can discontinue with an already submitted application, there is no problem whatsoever with that.
An application filled and submitted online does not take effect (nor is it attended to) until the appearance and the bio-data submission of the applicant.
Now, if he filled an application and submitted it online, and then realises that he made a mistake, it is ok for him to abandon the application and make a fresh one, the former one will not even come into effect: it is only after he has paid the visa fee and submitted his bio-data information that it becomes too late

I will still check to be on the safe side if i were him, just saying because unless you work with the ukba visa agency in nigeria and you will take reaponsibilty for the advice you give him, i feel he should check with them before refilling an online form #just saying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
olu1234567:

I will still check to be on the safe side if i were him, just saying because unless you work with the ukba visa agency in nigeria and you will take reaponsibilty for the advice you give him, i feel he should check with them before refilling an online form #just saying.

Vicjustice is right. All you need do is start a new application afresh.
Guide yourself with the FAQ on the online application platform.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
tolma28:

#120k
tolma28:

but I have a business which I run with my wife outside my normal employment. And I have d cac cert and evidence of tax payment for business transactions.
Actually, a salary of N120k per month is NOT bad if you have good savings, it will only be bad if there is evidence that you are financially struggling: that is when they would doubt your intentions considering that "you are going to spend about 4x your monthly salary in a week or two holiday"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
mackengift: this is an email message i received from the embassy she applied to. From:British Embassy
processing of your visa.
Regards
Admin officer.

Its a useless scam, there is nothing genuine about it, their email address alone gave them away.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by henrychubayo: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

Its a useless scam, there is nothing genuine about it, their email address alone gave them away.
Justwise, if it was me who received it, I will play along. Skillfully, I can catch the person red handed and deal with him. While you are busy doing something that is genuine and legal to benefit you and your family, some of Our people are busy researching day and night on how to scam others. Laziness I guess is the cause of it. It has not gone well with them even wen they succeed and it won't go well with them since the leave on other ppl sweat.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hello

@ Vicjustice

I am going to UK for conference

Question from on line form:

1. Type of visa ?
2. Purpose of Application ?
3. Type of Application ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 8:58pm On Aug 13, 2013
@justwise and olu1234567, thanks a ton for your swift replies. God in his infinite mercies will bless you.
Something important came to my mind yesterday and its been bothering me ever since. I remember about 3 years ago, i was refused a canadian study permit. The problem now is i didnt include that in my application( i think there was a part that asked if you have been refused visa before) and that has been bothering me.
Do you think they might find out and refuse my application because of that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 9:07pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hello justwise

I recieved my application with a 'refusal of entry' clearance
Reason:
-The number on my invitation letter does not exist
-I stated I earn 350k monthly but the balance in my personal account does not justify that I would want to leave the UK willingly after my stay.

I applied for a visa on the 31st of july. i included;
-a letter of invitation from a company i deal with (including evidence of past transactions i.e. reciepts and invoices)
-evidence of company registration with the tax clearance
-minutes of meeting where the invitation letter was discussed and the company accepting to take full responsibility for the expenses
-a company account with a balance of almost 5m naira with a dom account in my personal name with a balance of £16k and a personal account of 700k naira
-marriage certificate and pictures, birth certificates for my twins
-title deeds for a property

If you can, would you explain where i went wrong with this apart from the number part, and how soon i could reapply so as not to appear desperate.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Connoisseur(m): 9:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lankywizar(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Vicjustice:
Your salary is very encouraging, but your savings balance is questionable and discouraging, you could be refused because, you don't seem to have enough fund to finance your trips

Hi, applied and got the 2 yr visa within 10days. Thanks for the advice

Salary acct balance 810k, submitted employment letter, confirmation letter, hotel booking and travel plan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Raphel2011: 9:53pm On Aug 13, 2013
lankywizar:

Hi, applied and got the 2 yr visa within 10days. Thanks for the advice

Salary acct balance 810k, submitted employment letter, confirmation letter, hotel booking and travel plan.

Congrats bro. were you contacted that your passport is ready for pickup?

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.