Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981803 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eniayooke: 8:59am On Jul 15, 2015
I think you should use the date you joined the company,
Then you fill your current job description,
But attach your letter of promotion and your previous and current job ticket.

OGreene:
"When did you start this job" in bracket they said the start date of this role.

I was moved to a diff unit in April. Pls do I state April 2015 date or the date I joined the company? April to July is 3months, so small compared to the two years I hv spent since I joined d coy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:00am On Jul 15, 2015
Justwise, what do u have to say?

OGreene:

I was moved to a diff unit in April. Pls do I state April 2015 date or the date I joined the company? April to July is 3months, so small compared to the two years I hv spent since I joined d coy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:03am On Jul 15, 2015
OGreene:

OGreene:
Justwise, what do u have to say?

Maybe I should ask you: did you start working with your company in April?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:14am On Jul 15, 2015
No.

The question has a bracket saying "the start date of this role". I hv been wt d coy since 2013 and was jus moved to another dept wt a diff job role in April 2015.

justwise:

Maybe I should ask you: did you start working with your company in April?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 9:51am On Jul 15, 2015
Hi @Justwise smiley Sorry about the omission. Her marriage certificate... He's her younger brother...
justwise:

You don't have to add pictures if you got non.

What certificate is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 11:15am On Jul 15, 2015
@justwise and nelli,I already have a visa.I am only filling the form for my kids,so that we can all travel together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 11:48am On Jul 15, 2015
Hello, pls I realised that the UK visa application site has totally changedw I applied once in 2013 tho denied I want to apply again.My questions are. I typed in UK visa application and it brought out GOV.UK. Am I in d right site? It required I registered beforr filling form.

2. I have a visa to France but I want to visit the UK for about 5 days from France, do I fill in transit or normal visitor's visa like am actually going from Lagos?

3. Does it require physical interview now like US or we just drop our documents as usual?

4. I read that we book appointment, this is kinda strange to me.
5. I read also that if I choose ikeja application centre, I will pay extra fee.

6. How much in particular is application fee now? I saw extra 18k to be paid at application centre.

Please, pardon me for my numerous questions. God bless yu as yu answer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 11:59am On Jul 15, 2015
Hi, pls why didn't you attach your booking confirmation? Is there any particular reason?

JewelStone:
I remember your

interview transcript. We applied the same day in Abuja, but I didn't do an interview. Got a mail exactly 5 working days later on Friday 10th that my passport and supporting docs have been dispatched thru courier. I received my passport yesterday 13th with Visa. I was amazed at how quick their process is.

My application was pretty simple, I shivered when I saw the docs others where submitting. I only submitted my form, reference letter from employer, 6 months statement of account and 6 months payslips. That's all, no stories or detailed itinerary. I did a mock hotel booking but didn't include the confirmation printout. This is my first UK application although I have US and Schengen Visas.

When are going for your passport? Do let us know the outcome...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by pipper4all(m): 12:24pm On Jul 15, 2015
justwise:

You need:

1. letter of consent from the parents(mum & daddy joint statement and signed by both)

2. Letter from his school stating the holiday period and when he is expected to resume school

3. Progress report from his school( previous result statement)

4. Letter from you explaining your relationship with his parents, it should also contain info about who will be looking after him in the UK during this period if you will be working. If you will not be on leaven then another adult should be at home with him as he is still regarded as a minor.

5. Evidence of adequate accommodation for him.

6. Your bank statement and payslips
Hello justwise. I've only got 1 evidence of accommodation which is my Internet + phone bill. Will that be enough? Other utility bills are metre rechargeable and doesn't come with receipts/statement. Also I've just realised that my payslip has got a typo error. (Flat 1 instead of flat 3). Can I just correct that with a pen and sign under it as we do in our Nigerian banks? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jlo4ever: 2:28pm On Jul 15, 2015
Good Morning ALL,

Please i need your assistance. i am applying for 5 years and have not done online application before and this new process is confusing. i don't want to make any mistake because no be small money ooooo and also i no won see grammar.

i need further clarification on the employment and income page .Detail below and my question underneath

1)Do you have any additional paid jobs or occupations?
Yes*
No

2)Income and Expenditure
Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Yes*
No

Please Enter Details
Total Monthly Income From Amount in GBP(£)
• Savings and Investments
• Stocks and shares

MY ANSWERS AND QUESTIONS……

answer

NO..
IS this ok.

2) Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?

Answer ……Yes*

Please Enter Details Total Monthly Income From Amount in GBP(£)

answer

IST Savings and Investments,,,,, I used the sum in my both account saving and salary 4100 GBP (N1,312,000.00)
please what is meant to be the total monthly income , is THIS ok?

2ND Savings and Investments,,,,,,I used my Treasury Bill investment which the face value is 1762.5 GBP (N564,000.00) (invested in June 25th to matured December 25th . i do not receive monthly income am to receive interest at maturity which will be due in December.
please what should i do or is it ok ?

3rd lastly on this which is the major issue Because previously they request for just details and then copies but now they want monthly income too how do I do this ?i have shares certificate from 5 companies first bank, zenith bank, lasaco...etc

need serious help here @ justwise ,neli, ekpotek and co..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2015
Will Teleperformance work on Friday 17th and Saturday 18th? Coz i saw these dates available. am just about submitting. Dont they go on Public hols?

Does anyone have their number, so i can call them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2015
kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iyaaliyah: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2015
Pls answer my question oh.plssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sparklerii: 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2015
justwise please am still waiting for ur reply!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 8:03pm On Jul 15, 2015
Okay.... Got those... Thanks!!
blessedfavoured:

yes definitely your mums bc and ur uncles bc is just as good.
how about pictures of your uncle with your mum? and pictures of you and your mum? if you hae these, include and label them. if you don't, dont stress.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by JADESOLA15: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2015
JADESOLA15:
@Justwise, it took UK Embassy 5 working days(Not sure if they work on weekends thou) to process my application, I submitted on the 3rd, and I received an email yesterday(13th) that it is ready for collection. Make I go pick am, make I know my level, even though na Business related trip for my employer.

Dear All, I thank u all for ur help. Justwise, thanks so much,may God bless u. I picked up my Passport today in Abuja, and got my Visa. I follwed the instructions of Justwise and also made use of additional information page, made some mistakes on my application, but guess ECO overlooked them. Keep believing, it will surely happen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 10:34pm On Jul 15, 2015
Congrats!!! I tap into this good news. It's a YES for me too

JADESOLA15:

Dear All, I thank u all for ur help. Justwise, thanks so much,may God bless u. I picked up my Passport today in Abuja, and got my Visa. I follwed the instructions of Justwise and also made use of additional information page, made some mistakes on my application, but guess ECO overlooked them. Keep believing, it will surely happen.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2015
sparklerii:
@justwise and nelli,I already have a visa.I am only filling the form for my kids,so that we can all travel together.

Ok in that case attach the cost of the trip to their applications(make a mini budget/break down of the cost) or use the space in the for to do that

and put a/n in areas asking for cost info in their form, then you need to attach the data page of your passport and the copy of your own visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2015
pipper4all:
Hello justwise. I've only got 1 evidence of accommodation which is my Internet + phone bill. Will that be enough? Other utility bills are metre rechargeable and doesn't come with receipts/statement. Also I've just realised that my payslip has got a typo error. (Flat 1 instead of flat 3). Can I just correct that with a pen and sign under it as we do in our Nigerian banks? Thanks

Evidence of accommodation should be tenancy agreetment or mortgage paper
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Jul 16, 2015
JADESOLA15:

Congratulations! Enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Goddey1975: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2015
OGreene:
No.

The question has a bracket saying "the start date of this role". I hv been wt d coy since 2013 and was jus moved to another dept wt a diff job role in April 2015.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Goddey1975: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
@ justwise i need a clerification pls, a friend of my wrote an exam in nigeria and said once he passed this exam,he would travel 2 uk to write d final exam dat wil enable him to work has doctor in uk,pls what type of visa is he going to apply 4 to enable him travel 4 d exam? Urgent reply pls tanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2015
Goddey1975:
@ justwise i need a clerification pls, a friend of my wrote an exam in nigeria and said once he passed this exam,he would travel 2 uk to write d final exam dat wil enable him to work has doctor in uk,pls what type of visa is he going to apply 4 to enable him travel 4 d exam? Urgent reply pls tanks

Standard Visitor visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
jlo4ever:
Good Morning ALL,

Please i need your assistance. i am applying for 5 years and have not done online application before and this new process is confusing. i don't want to make any mistake because no be small money ooooo and also i no won see grammar.

i need further clarification on the employment and income page .Detail below and my question underneath

Yes*
No

2)Income and Expenditure
Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Yes*
No

Please Enter Details
• Stocks and shares

MY ANSWERS AND QUESTIONS……

answer

NO..
IS this ok.

2) Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?

Answer ……Yes*

Please Enter Details Total Monthly Income From Amount in GBP(£)

answer

IST Savings and Investments,,,,, I used the sum in my both account saving and salary 4100 GBP (N1,312,000.00)
please what is meant to be the total monthly income , is THIS ok?

2ND Savings and Investments,,,,,,I used my Treasury Bill investment which the face value is 1762.5 GBP (N564,000.00) (invested in June 25th to matured December 25th . i do not receive monthly income am to receive interest at maturity which will be due in December.
please what should i do or is it ok ?

3rd lastly on this which is the major issue Because previously they request for just details and then copies but now they want monthly income too how do I do this ?i have shares certificate from 5 companies first bank, zenith bank, lasaco...etc

need serious help here @ justwise ,neli, ekpotek and co..

1. That is one question only you know the answer, if you don't have another business or job then the answer is definitely No.

2. Monthly income means monthly income.....how much that comes into your account monthly whether from salary, business interest, investments or gift...then they asked you for details... in this case you explain the source of those income
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Goddey1975: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2015
@justwise is standard visitor visa thesame as general visitor visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joanazubu(f): 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
justwise:

1. That is one question only you know the answer, if you don't have another business or job then the answer is definitely No.

2. Monthly income means monthly income.....how much that comes into your account monthly whether from salary, business interest, investments or gift...then they asked you for details... in this case you explain the source of those income

@ justwise

Please i have completed the salary monthly income part ..
What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation, after tax?
N262,297.6

Below INFO is where i have challenge.

Income and Expenditure
Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares? Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Yes*

Please Enter Details Please enter details
Savings and Investments USED TOTAL SAVING IN BOTH ACCOUNT 4100 GBP
Savings and Investments USED TREASURY BILL 1762.5 GBP
Stocks and shares 000000

PLEASE NEED HELP AS THIS IS CONFUSING
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 4:59pm On Jul 16, 2015
If you attend a conference with Visitor's visa, is it wrong? I mean going for a vacation and surprisingly u heard dat a conference dt interests you falls wthin dat period while u re der, is dis allowed? Cc @justwise
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamateniola1: 5:08pm On Jul 16, 2015
@Justwise @all, pls attend to this question by a poster here. I am in a similar situation. thanks.
here goes the question.: Hello, pls I realised that the UK visa application site has totally changedw I applied once in 2013 tho denied I want to apply again.My questions are. I typed in UK visa application and it brought out GOV.UK. Am I in d right site? It required I registered beforr filling form.

2. I have a visa to France but I want to visit the UK for about 5 days from France, do I fill in transit or normal visitor's visa like am actually going from Lagos?

3. Does it require physical interview now like US or we just drop our documents as usual?

6. How much in particular is application fee now? I saw extra 18k to be paid at application centre.

Please, pardon me for my numerous questions. God bless yu as yu answer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2015
The ones I can answer-

The website is www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

You apply online, then book appointment still online. The instructions are there on the site.

The day of the appointment, you go wt the docs for biometric and submission. You MAY be asked to wait for an interview. if not, you leave once u hv submitted.

Yes, when booking d appointment for submission of docs/biometrics, if you choose Ikeja centre, 18k extra will be added to the fee you have to pay. You pay dem together online. I submitted yesterday, total was 230dollars (136 for visa and 94 for Ikeja centre).

mamateniola1:
@Justwise @all, pls attend to this question by a poster here. I am in a similar situation. thanks.
here goes the question.: Hello, pls I realised that the UK visa application site has totally changedw I applied once in 2013 tho denied I want to apply again.My questions are. I typed in UK visa application and it brought out GOV.UK. Am I in d right site? It required I registered beforr filling form.

Please, pardon me for my numerous questions. God bless yu as yu answer

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.