Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982184 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2015
Thanks so much @ Nelli

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
I don't live on buget, so can't say for sure how much I spend monthly or how much I give to family/dependents? Hope they don't chk all des from d acct stmt?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 11:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hi @Justwise smiley
Used your advice here in applying for my UK general visa but I guess I must've missed some info on details of my hosts documentation so I blamed myself totally for the refusal when I saw the reasons given. I have attached a scanned copy of the letter here...please go through and advice on how to address each point stated. Gracias smiley
P.S....first application. During the interview, answered all questions without reservation...

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BABAOYIN: 5:43am On Jul 10, 2015
justwise:

Do you have business and savings/current account or just one account for everything?

Thanks Bro. for response,

With message i got here, it seem that my account will be an issue and i have make a reverse to start afresh again by rebuilding account for Salary still under my company..

I want to use my previous account again (Saving) then drop N253,000k (although, with my previous application i used N261k but as employed of one of big company here in Nigeria) there every month as my Salary till November then submit as Salary account in December under my personal company as renewal....

Bro. so what did think about this new idea ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with public
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by uuspace(m): 5:56am On Jul 10, 2015
OGreene:
When did u submit online, @uuspace?

I plan choosing Ikeja centre, hope I won't be stuck angry

it was on Tuesday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 8:49am On Jul 10, 2015
juliette123:
Hi @Justwise smiley
Used your advice here in applying for my UK general visa but I guess I must've missed some info on details of my hosts documentation so I blamed myself totally for the refusal when I saw the reasons given. I have attached a scanned copy of the letter here...please go through and advice on how to address each point stated. Gracias smiley
P.S....first application. During the interview, answered all questions without reservation...

your uncles payslip
mortgage/tenancy agreement
house valuation or something to state how many rooms in his house
tax certificate
birth certificate for your uncle, parent and yourself
pictures
print out any conversation on social media (not important imo)
any pictures of y'all together doesn't matter if they are old

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2015
OGreene:
Justwise, remember I attached my investment certificate initially but they said they can't see evidence of the interests I receive monthly from my investment?

How else can I prove this to them if not thru the investment certificate?

the next time you apply, try to separate your documents. you use an office pin and a sticky note sized paper to label them. like financials, investment, proof of accommodation etc. Looks like you put all your documents but they missed a few.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 8:55am On Jul 10, 2015
Good morning, I keep asking this question, who has made a successful hotel reservation in London and paid on arrival.

The hotels I saw want to charge me for the first night immediately. I had to cancel one by midnight coz I got a bank notification that my account couldn't be debited due to insufficient balance (I have 40k der) and the amount the said was even the total money (158k) for my stay, not even the first night charge wch is like 19500k. Na wa!!! angry

Ppl u guys shud help out, dis is d only thing left in my application.

Justwise, u still hvnt answered me on the msgs I sent cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 9:00am On Jul 10, 2015
nelli:

Not always true,u have to show that your status will not change in the next 2years eg u where in 300 level when you got your 6months,on application for the 2years you r now in 400level(final year)that means you level can change you can become ,unmpolyed from been a student.
In the above case however,since all those money are gotten from private business,you will need tax clearance,especially if u r domicile in lagos

i beg to differ. i got 2 years visa in my final semester in uni. I was done with exams self, all i had left was project defense.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 9:03am On Jul 10, 2015
OGreene:
Good morning, I keep asking this question, who has made a successful hotel reservation in London and paid on arrival.

The hotels I saw want to charge me for the first night immediately. I had to cancel one by midnight coz I got a bank notification that my account couldn't be debited due to insufficient balance (I have 40k der) and the amount the said was even the total money (147k) for my stay, not even the first night charge wch is like 18k. Na wa!!! angry

why not try booking.com and look for those with free cancellation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 9:09am On Jul 10, 2015
Dats what I picked na. Sent the hotel a mail sef to confirm and called de$, they said they will take d first night fee.

U can check Pasha Hotels, free cancellation is stated der, yet... lipsrsealed

blessedfavoured:

why not try booking.com and look for those with free cancellation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blessedfavoured: 9:49am On Jul 10, 2015
OGreene:
Dats what I picked na. Sent the hotel a mail sef to confirm and called de$, they said they will take d first night fee.

U can check Pasha Hotels, free cancellation is stated der, yet... lipsrsealed

oh hope you find a way soon. dont really know much about hotel bookings
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:14am On Jul 10, 2015
sparklerii:
Greetings to everyone!!!! @ justwise please I need ur advise,I intend to apply for my 2 kids.should I fill a single form for both of them or a separate form.

Have a good look at the form after applying for one person to see if there is a button allowing you to add another person, somebody mentioned that here recently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:20am On Jul 10, 2015
babybird82:

Don't know which is best.
Him applying alone means I won't be renewing my visa at the moment.

Please advice.

If you are traveling together then apply together, i really do not see the need to apply separately.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:22am On Jul 10, 2015
juliette123:
Hi @Justwise smiley

You really did not submit enough evidence to support your application, invitation letter alone is not good enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:26am On Jul 10, 2015
BABAOYIN:

Thanks Bro. for response,

With message i got here, it seem that my account will be an issue and i have make a reverse to start afresh again by rebuilding account for Salary still under my company..

I want to use my previous account again (Saving) then drop N253,000k (although, with my previous application i used N261k but as employed of one of big company here in Nigeria) there every month as my Salary till November then submit as Salary account in December under my personal company as renewal....

Bro. so what did think about this new idea ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with public

As somebody applying as a business man its important to separate your business account from your personal account, since you pay tax already open another account for your business and run it purely for business dealings then save your profit in your personal account. It makes things easier when applying for visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2015
OGreene:

The hotels I saw want to charge me for the first night immediately. I had to cancel one by midnight coz I got a bank notification that my account couldn't be debited due to insufficient balance (I have 40k der) and the amount the said was even the total money (158k) for my stay, not even the first night charge wch is like 19500k. Na wa!!! angry

Nothing wrong with that if you truly want to stay in that hotel, they want to stop people using them to get a visa then cancel the booking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by juliette123: 2:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks @ Justwise smiley appreciate. Submitted the invite and copies of his data page and doc indicating status in the uk. You're right... Didn't submit enough considering what you listed out.

You really did not submit enough evidence to support your application, invitation letter alone is not good enough.[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by modext(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
please when you have gotten your visa, what vaccinations are necessary before travelling to the uk, to avoid complications at the airport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
modext:
please when you have gotten your visa, what vaccinations are necessary before travelling to the uk, to avoid complications at the airport

What sort of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by OGreene: 3:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tourist visa (answering for myself grin )

justwise:

What sort of visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kennycanny: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
modext:

You don't need any vaccination generally. Unless you have some personal medical concerns, which you can discuss with your physician before traveling. But there is no law that require any form of vaccination from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 4:21pm On Jul 10, 2015
Hello justwise...I really appreciate the way u assist people in here and I pray that the LORD continues to bless u bro...pls I am about starting a settlement visa process to the U.k...my aunt is the link am trying to use to get into the u.k...pls how long would it take to process it and how much would I likely spend in total....for the visa fee and other side fees...ur response would be greatly appreciated by me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
EmmySparky:
Hello justwise...I really appreciate the way u assist people in here and I pray that the LORD continues to bless u bro...pls I am about starting a settlement visa process to the U.k...my aunt is the link am trying to use to get into the u.k ...pls how long would it take to process it and how much would I likely spend in total....for the visa fee and other side fees...ur response would be greatly appreciated by me

I don't think it will work only if you are a minor and your aunt is your legal guardian, even in that case it will be vigorously verified
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
justwise:

I don't think it will work only if you are a minor and your aunt is your legal guardian, even in that case it will be vigorously verified
am 22 presently...am willing to go through the vigorous process...how else would u advise I go about this...she is my mum's younger sister...and we are close and keep in touch regularly...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joanazubu(f): 4:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
thank you @ kelly ..

nelli:

I am presently hv a 5yr uk visa,what's d question?bt dnt get angry I 4get to come bak to dis trend as I cannot give out my email or details ,cause I have been accused of solisiting clients
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by joanazubu(f): 4:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
thank you

sent PM

justwise:

What information do you need?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
EmmySparky:
am 22 presently...am willing to go through the vigorous process...how else would u advise I go about this...she is my mum's younger sister...and we are close and keep in touch regularly...

Honestly that is not good enough to qualify you for settlement visa, it does not meet the criterial.

I hate discouraging people but at the same time giving you false hope or lies is not fair.

Go through education if she can afford it or your parents can.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
justwise:
[/b]

Honestly that is not good enough to qualify you for settlement visa, it does not meet the criterial.

I hate discouraging people but at the same time giving you false hope or lies is not fair.

Go through education if she can afford it or your parents can.
I would be graduating this september...am like fed up of this country...my cousin got a similar visa to the usa..but it took him 8yrs...he got it at age 29...I was thinking that of the u.k would be easier considering the higher value placed on the american visa...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
EmmySparky:
I would be graduating this september...am like fed up of this country...my cousin got a similar visa to the usa..but it took him 8yrs...he got it at age 29...I was thinking that of the u.k would be easier considering the higher value placed on the american visa...

The UK one will not take that long but the chances of landing your aunt in trouble is higher if she tried to circumvent the immigration law to get you into the UK.

It will only make your future visa application harder because they will think that you are running off to join your aunt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lightofjoy(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
Did they call your uncle?
juliette123:
Thanks @ Justwise smiley appreciate. Submitted the invite and copies of his data page and doc indicating status in the uk. You're right... Didn't submit enough considering what you listed out.

You really did not submit enough evidence to support your application, invitation letter alone is not good enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by EmmySparky(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2015
justwise:

The UK one will not take that long but the chances of landing your aunt in trouble is higher if she tried to circumvent the immigration law to get you into the UK.

It will only make your future visa application harder because they will think that you are running off to join your aunt.
k ..I understand ur point..I really appreciate ur response..I guess I would move elsewhere aussie preferably...I don't want her caught in the web of troubles cos of me

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.