Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (982221 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunbassen(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2012
Vergil: Fact that they don't have his finger print just might be helpful. He should just have it at the back of his mind, ready for the consequence if found out. Risk! Now or never!

If he's found out, what's the risk?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
yasuleiman: Goodmorning NL
@ all u.k travel experts. Well done on the wonderful job you are doing
My family (i.e wife, child and I) have applied for visa as a general visitor twice and both times we were refused.
After the 2nd refusal, i got the help of my lawyer to apply for administrative review request on our behalf since 18th june,2012.
Please i need your sincere advise. Should I re-apply without my wife and child or i should stil give them more time on the review.
It is allowed to do both ie, to make a fresh application while administrative review is pending on previous application.
But you could have explained the reason for that refusal so you may get appropriate advice and suggestions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cosmatoz(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2012
Have been the silent observer. This wait is killing me 11 working days now. @justwise my 15 working days should be up by thursday 20th of dis month and i booked a flight for 27 of this month because of my school start date hope Am in order
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yasuleiman(m): 4:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
Vicjustice:
It is allowed to do both ie, to make a fresh application while administrative review is pending on previous application.
But you could have explained the reason for that refusal so you may get appropriate advice and suggestions
thanks 4 responding, is it advisable 2 re-apply alone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stinicks10: 7:25pm On Sep 15, 2012
Hello justwise, vicjustice,
I need help with getting a planned itinerary, I am applyin for a uk tourist visa.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2012
stinicks10: Hello justwise, vicjustice,
I need help with getting a planned itinerary, I am applyin for a uk tourist visa.
Thanks
Are you really sure that you are required to provide an itinerary? I'm asking this because, it is not a necessity for a visitor visa application. It used to be a prerequisite for tourists visa applicants that are unable to show sufficient funds to cover an individual journey: in those days, it was possible to book economy class tickets (that would be valid even for 4 weeks) without paying nor depositing money for it, but now-a-days, no Airline allows a booking to be unpaid for for more than 72 hours and some even don't allow more than 24 hours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stinicks10: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2012
Vicjustice:
Are you really sure that you are required to provide an itinerary? I'm asking this because, it is not a necessity for a visitor visa application. It used to be a prerequisite for tourists visa applicants that are unable to show sufficient funds to cover an individual journey: in those days, it was possible to book economy class tickets (that would be valid even for 4 weeks) without paying nor depositing money for it, but now-a-days, no Airline allows a booking to be unpaid for for more than 72 hours and some even don't allow more than 24 hours

Thanks for responding, the reason for my question is to know. The proper way to. Answer the question "what will you do in the uk" cos one of the reason I was refused was that I didn't state what I will be doing in the UK.
I want to. Write that I will be visiting tourist attractions like olympic park, buckingham palace etc. Is this. Ok?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2012
stinicks10:

Thanks for responding, the reason for my question is to know. The proper way to. Answer the question "what will you do in the uk" cos one of the reason I was refused was that I didn't state what I will be doing in the UK.
I want to. Write that I will be visiting tourist attractions like olympic park, buckingham palace etc. Is this. Ok?
Are you going to the UK and you don't know what you'd be doing there?
Well, you need to make a research on areas of interest and to set up a schedule of activities since you'd also be asked what you intend to do in your spare time.
Use www.google.com and learn more about the UK because, Buckingham Palace is not enough place to see during your entire visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stinicks10: 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2012
Vicjustice: Are you going to the UK and you don't know what you'd be doing there?
Well, you need to make a research on areas of interest and to set up a schedule of activities since you'd also be asked what you intend to do in your spare time.
Use www.google.com and learn more about the UK because, Buckingham Palace is not enough place to see during your entire visit

This is exactly what I need, please can you give me an example, sorry to trouble you like this, pls pls I need more explanation
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by diamond09: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2012
Pls can any1 advice, i gave birth in uk with my middle name and didnt pay. I want to corrrect all d wrongs n pay back.wat can i do. Am scared to even renew my visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2012
diamond09: Pls can any1 advice, i gave birth in uk with my middle name and didnt pay. I want to corrrect all d wrongs n pay back.wat can i do. Am scared to even renew my visa
Abusers like you make things difficult for others, you cause troubles for genuine people

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
diamond09: Pls can any1 advice, i gave birth in uk with my middle name and didnt pay. I want to corrrect all d wrongs n pay back.wat can i do. Am scared to even renew my visa
What you should do? Contact the hospital and request for their bank details then pay .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tigoomoniyi: 3:05am On Sep 17, 2012
Hello everyone, I want to commend you all for providing information that has enriched us. God bless us all. @Justwise I sent you an email. Kindly please reply. God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Macheus(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2012
Well Well Well its been great reading all the
testimonies here,I got my VISA a couple of days
ago but something turned me off and its
regarding "WORK PROHIBITED" placed on my
VISA. I've written to them anyway but am yet to
hear.I would appreciate if anyone would give
possible suggestions on how to sort this out.
Meanwhile I'll remain eternally grateful
justwise,Dkarchild and co. and if anyone plans
to fly on 22nd from Lagos -Man,intends shuttling
with Iberia pls alert me,hopefully we'll be of help
to each other. Could as well contact
on;kennetho2010@gmail.com
Warm Regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2012
Macheus: Well Well Well its been great reading all the
testimonies here,I got my VISA a couple of days
ago but something turned me off and its
regarding "WORK PROHIBITED" placed on my
VISA. I've written to them anyway but am yet to
hear.I would appreciate if anyone would give
possible suggestions on how to sort this out.
Meanwhile I'll remain eternally grateful
justwise,Dkarchild and co. and if anyone plans
to fly on 22nd from Lagos -Man,intends shuttling
with Iberia pls alert me,hopefully we'll be of help
to each other. Could as well contact
on;kennetho2010@gmail.com
Warm Regards.
Your visa is probably a Tourist/Visit visa and no amount of letter that can make it qualify you for work in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by drekid(m): 4:16am On Sep 18, 2012
smiley smileyJust a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?

Kind response will be appreciated...
smileyJust a quick question.. A friend on a "Spouse visa" wanna invite me for a short visit to the UK..Is this possible with his current status?

Kind response will be appreciated...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by valentino81(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
Pls NLDERS; I need TOEFL materials. Kindly forward to valentino4ualone@gmail.com.
@ justwise; kudos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fittty(m): 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
wink

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ochukoeja(f): 11:33am On Sep 20, 2012
please i want to apply for a student visa on monday for my masters. i have everything i need but the addresss on my application letter is different from the address on the bank statement. hope that will not be a problem. and how long will it take for the visa to be ready. school resumes on the 15th of october. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2012
ochuko eja: please i want to apply for a student visa on monday for my masters. i have everything i need but the addresses on my application letter is different from the address on the bank statement. hope that will not be a problem. and how long will it take for the visa to be ready. school resumes on the 15th of october. thanks
It may be a problem, your address is your secondary identity, hence verification of address is important for identification. Conflicting address is serious enough to cause visa refusal; bear in mind that visa officers always look for difficult reasons to refuse you a visa how much more when you presented an easy one: yet, you may be fine if the visa officer is willing to hear your explanation, but why subject your application to such mercy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by foal: 11:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
Attn pls: Vicjustice, justwise
Pls can you advice on the steps for filing an appeal for refusal of a business visa.
Does one have to download the appeal form from the internet or is it to be collected
from the vfs office where the initial application was dropped?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:14am On Sep 21, 2012
foal: Attn pls: Vicjustice, justwise
Pls can you advice on the steps for filing an appeal for refusal of a business visa.
Does one have to download the appeal form from the internet or is it to be collected
from the vfs office where the initial application was dropped?
I am positive that you were handed a refusal letter when your visa application was denied, please, read the letter carefully, and if it accords you the rights of appeal, then it will explain to you the process and also, how & where to get the form. Please, refer to this letter to get answers for your queries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stinicks10: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2012
hi vicjustice,
I cant remember the amount I filled for the following in my last application that was denied
- how much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants
- how much do you spend each month on living costs?

will this be a problem if I fill different amounts, my monthly salary still remains the same, please advise

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by stinicks10: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2012
hi vicjustice,
I cant remember the amount I filled for the following in my last application for tourist visa that was denied
- how much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants

will this be a problem if I fill different amounts, my monthly salary still remains the same, please advise

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
@ justwise, vicjustice et al;
was refused an entry clearance on two premises.
you stated that u are self employed with a monthly income of 400k u submited a bank statement which shows a balance of 1 368 313, but the source of these funds is unclear. There are no deposits which correlate with your stated salary which leads me to doubt that these funds are genuinely available for your exclusive use or that you have the salary as stated. Given your economic circumstances, i am not satisfied that your proposed financial outlay of E1,.600 on the proposed visit, for the reasons you have given, is commensurate with your current personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. In addition, you have given no indication as to how you intend to spend your time, what sites of interest you intend to visit, and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday at this time. I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to demonstrate that you have some knowledge of your chosen destination and have made some plans. In consideration of the above, and on balance, I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated an intention to leave the UK at the end of your proposed trip, therefore I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by you not exceeding 6 months; that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by you as required by paragraph 41 (i)(ii).

and i actually submitted all places of interest i wish to visit, moreover i included all my bill of ladens and receipts with my tac clearance certificates.

i wish to apply again soonest, pls help.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2012
stinicks10: hi vicjustice,
I cant remember the amount I filled for the following in my last application for tourist visa that was denied

thanks
Circumstances can change and things change as well. There won't be any problem if you filled-in a different amount since such payments are susceptible to changes, but consistencies may be a problem if it is in reference to your former declaration: but since you are making a fresh application, it won't be a problem, all you have to do is to prepare the reason to explain if asked question regarding the current development
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
kolnel: @ justwise, vicjustice et al;
you stated that u are self employed with a monthly income of 400k u submited a bank statement which shows a balance of 1 368 313, but the source of these funds is unclear. There are no deposits which correlate with your stated salary which leads me to doubt that these funds are genuinely available for your exclusive use or that you have the salary as stated. Given your economic circumstances, i am not satisfied that your proposed financial outlay of E1,.600 on the proposed visit, for the reasons you have given, is commensurate with your current personal and financial circumstances in Nigeria. In addition, you have given no indication as to how you intend to spend your time, what sites of interest you intend to visit, and why in particular you have chosen the UK for your holiday at this time. I consider it reasonable to expect you to be able to demonstrate that you have some knowledge of your chosen destination and have made some plans. In consideration of the above, and on balance, I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated an intention to leave the UK at the end of your proposed trip, therefore I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a general visitor for a limited period as stated by you not exceeding 6 months; that you intend to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the period of the visit as stated by you as required by paragraph 41 (i)(ii).

and i actually submitted all places of interest i wish to visit, moreover i included all my bill of ladens and receipts with my tac clearance certificates.

thanks
If indeed you presented all these as stated, then why did the Visa Officer say otherwise?
Sometimes, it takes the mercy of good mood for visa officer to make a favourable decision to an application.
But, it will help if you tell us what actually you submitted and how you submitted or entered them; please, narrate what you did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:48pm On Sep 21, 2012
kolnel: @ justwise, vicjustice et al;

thanks

Did you submit any payslip or any document that shows the source of the money in your bank account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
I submitted bill of ladens totaling over 100 cars to my name originating from canada.
I submitted 3 booklets of receipts covering two years.
Tax clearance and certificate of incorporation.
Itinerary linking the comfort hotel harrow to places of interest like the knights bridge Hyde park buckingham palace kesington palace. Rotten row zoo UK underground Albert museum etc.
Letter of introduction from company letter head.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Sep 21, 2012
kolnel: I submitted bill of ladens totaling over 100 cars to my name originating from canada.
I submitted 3 booklets of receipts covering two years.
Tax clearance and certificate of incorporation.
Itinerary linking the comfort hotel harrow to places of interest like the knights bridge Hyde park buckingham palace kesington palace. Rotten row zoo UK underground Albert museum etc.
Letter of introduction from company letter head.

Appeal if given the right to appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kolnel: 1:58pm On Sep 21, 2012
Limited right of appeal. Its a tourist visa application hence the hotel booking.
Can I still appeal ?
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2012
kolnel: Limited right of appeal. Its a tourist visa application hence the hotel booking.
Can I still appeal ?
Thanks.

Go for review.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.