Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,775 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981739 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 10:18am On Nov 09, 2012
Vicjustice: 1) You didn't give enough details of your circumstances to work with, won it would be premature to access your chance.
2) Christmas period is not a rush period for travelling to Europe, the rush period is during school periods and summer.
Christmas season is the period when many Africans leave the UK not the other way round

Thanks vic. I dont really understand ur first point, but My dad gave me the '' power of attorney '' last year after my service to his company because he is old and i am the last child remaining in Nigeria. I was made the director and a signatory to all company's account. I work and i am a director of the company now. I dont have a personal account because i always use one of the company account for all my expenses. So i am going to use the company's account which is always used for family trips.

I hope this is what u are asking? Please what are my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2012
rockar:

Thanks vic. I dont really understand ur first point, but My dad gave me the '' power of attorney '' last year after my service to his company because he is old and i am the last child remaining in Nigeria. I was made the director and a signatory to all company's account. I work and i am a director of the company now. I dont have a personal account because i always use one of the company account for all my expenses. So i am going to use the company's account which is always used for family trips.

I hope this is what u are asking? Please what are my chances?
You seem to be in a good financial shape, but thing would be easier when done orderly.
I like to recommend that you first go through the original article on the link below, and if you have further question after that, feel free to ask:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by rockar: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2012
Thank you vic. Iv already visited the thread, i Will continue my questions there. U r of great help. God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 12:38am On Nov 10, 2012
Hello Nairalanders and Vic please i just got my Pack from VFS wednessday this was the reply i got inside my pack, i was denied the visa and this was said:

You have stated that you are a part time trainee earning 30,000 Naira a Month. However, you failed to provide any satisfactory evidence of your earnings. I am therefore not satisfied that your Circumstances are as claimed. you are Unmarried, with no dependent children. None of the money enpended on this venture is your own. i do not therefore consider that you have demonstrated to me enough close ties, visible assets and personal responsibilities in your personal and economical circumstances that necessitate your presence in Nigeria to satisfy me that, on the balance of probabilities, you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months as required by Rule 41 (i) of HC 395 and intend to leave UK at the end of the period as stated by you as required by Rule 41 (ii) of HC 395.

Furthermore, you state that your sponsor is your brother in law. However you have not provided any evidence to suggest that you are related as claimed, despite having the opportunity to do so. There are number of document that you could have submitted with your application to confirm your relationship. in the absenceof such document, i am not satified that he is your Uncle and that he is genuinely prepared to sponsor you. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accomodated in the UK without working or having rescourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.

i have there refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirement of relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to section 84(1)(c) of Nationality, immigration and asylum Act 2002(www.legislation.gov.uk).

PLEASE: What document do you guys think i did not provide to show my relatioship with my inlaw because i provided pictures of him, myself, his wife who is my sister and my 2 nieces and a letter of sponsorship from him stating my relationship and that i have been staying with them for the Past 4 years now, copy of his ID Card. and i have contacted the company where i did my I.T. they are ready to provide me with my payslip. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I WANT TO REAPPLY INSTEAD OF APPLYING FOR REVIEW BECAUSE I BELIEVE I GAVE THEM EVERY DOCUMENT THAT WAS NECCESSARY.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2012
oxatto:

PLEASE: What document do you guys think i did not provide to show my relatioship with my inlaw because i provided pictures of him, myself, his wife who is my sister and my 2 nieces and a letter of sponsorship from him stating my relationship and that i have been staying with them for the Past 4 years now, copy of his ID Card. and i have contacted the company where i did my I.T. they are ready to provide me with my payslip. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO BECAUSE I WANT TO REAPPLY INSTEAD OF APPLYING FOR REVIEW BECAUSE I BELIEVE I GAVE THEM EVERY DOCUMENT THAT WAS NECCESSARY.

To prove your relationship with your brother-inlaw, you would need to include his marriage certificate (proof he's married to your sister), you and your sister's birth certificate (proof she's your sister) and passport biodata pages of your sister as well as that of her husband. Include the pictures again and any evidence of communication like emails exchanged and call logs.

Also, note that payslips are not accepted as a stand-alone proof of earning. There must be a corresponding matching bank statement which shows the net salary stated on the pay slip hitting the account.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:03am On Nov 10, 2012
oxatto: Hello Nairalanders and Vic please i just got my Pack from VFS wednessday this was the reply i got inside my pack, i was denied the visa and this was said:

You have stated that you are a part time trainee earning 30,000 Naira a Month. However, you failed to provide any satisfactory evidence of your earnings. I am therefore not satisfied that your Circumstances are as claimed. you are Unmarried, with no dependent children. None of the money enpended on this venture is your own. i do not therefore consider that you have demonstrated to me enough close ties, visible assets and personal responsibilities in your personal and economical circumstances that necessitate your presence in Nigeria to satisfy me that, on the balance of probabilities, you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months as required by Rule 41 (i) of HC 395 and intend to leave UK at the end of the period as stated by you as required by Rule 41 (ii) of HC 395.

Furthermore, you state that your sponsor is your brother in law. However you have not provided any evidence to suggest that you are related as claimed, despite having the opportunity to do so. There are number of document that you could have submitted with your application to confirm your relationship. in the absenceof such document, i am not satified that he is your Uncle and that he is genuinely prepared to sponsor you. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accomodated in the UK without working or having rescourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.

i have there refused your application because i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you meet all of the requirement of relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration Rules.

Your right of appeal is limited to the grounds referred to section 84(1)(c) of Nationality, immigration and asylum Act 2002(www.legislation.gov.uk).

I had followed your posts, and I knew long ago that your application would be refused: also, I remember Justwise saying he would be surprised if you get through ...
Look, forget about the documents to prove your in-law's relation, the ECO has multiple reasons to refuse your application because, you do not meet the requirements for tourist visa at all: even if you present the suggested documents in your next application, you will still be refused until you circumstances fulfil all the requirements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nuco(m): 4:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
Vicjustice:
I had followed your posts, and I knew long ago that your application would be refused: also, I remember Justwise saying he would be surprised if you get through ...
Look, forget about the documents to prove your in-law's relation, the ECO has multiple reasons to refuse your application because, you do not meet the requirements for tourist visa at all: even if you present the suggested documents in your next application, you will still be refused until you circumstances fulfil all the requirements.
@vicjustice u have ended up giving him no advice,what are the requirements he needs to fulfill ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
nuco:
@vicjustice u have ended up giving him no advice,what are the requirements he needs to fulfill ?
How did you know my action?
You're only a new member and have not yet seen much of the works going on and yet you're pointing accusing finger?
I have written and written, and i have given numerous advise, i have encouraged visa applicants who are prepared as i discouraged those who do not meet the requirements for visa. To further help people, i have written series of apen article such as:
MAIN REASONS MANY ARE REFUSED VISAS

WARNING FOR PREGNANT WOMEN TRAVELLING ABROAD
https://www.nairaland.com/1050974/warning-pregnant-women-travelling-abroad

There are numerous other threads that i started to help people, but if anyone reads them and is stubborn enough to under-mind the explained contents by having "faith in religion", how am i to blame?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lekkynelson: 8:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
My school sent dis message to me:- "DEAR STUDENT, OUR SYSTEM SHOWS YOUR VISA HAS BEEN PROCESSED FEW DAYS AFTER SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION. YOU SHOULD EXCEPT TO HEAR FROM THEM SHORTLY TO COME AND COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTS..........what does this message means please?..need an urgent response..........
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
VicJ
Please ignore, you are not hired or paid to give advice.
If you then give it freely and they ignore and go ahead then how is it ur problem.
Even I remember oxatto's case. He shud go and read the advise given then.
There is a difference between Faith Foolishness and presumption.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 9:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
Vicjustice I truelly need advice now! The thing is that I stated I am doing my I.T. And I concluded it 2 weeks back and for the 6months I was paid 30k but I wrote an agreement that on completion of my I.T I will collect all my money because I have planed using the money to add up with what I will be getting from my Inlaw, but right now I'm yet to receive an alert of the money from my work place I believe I will be getting it this new week we are entering. The Total Sum is 180k and my inlaw stated in his letter previous letter to the British High Commision that 500k will be available for my Trip I want to ask if he can make the deposit to my account and I attach the slip with a letter from him. With my the 180k it will sum up to 680k in my account everything will be 700k plus plus his bank statememnt and the document will that be ok cos I truelly want to visit UK this year before school resumes full. I need a full house advice on this c
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Stephan87: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2012
Hi... I got married British women.. Now I'm going apply for the spouse visa uk.. I have a problem .. I went to the uk year 2009 for studies.. But couldn't do it well and my college was withdrawn me in end of July 2011.. But I came to my counter September 2011 and I went back to the uk October 2011 without a problem..Since from that I haven't heard anything from UKBA.. I left the uk in April 2012 to get married my women.. I have uk student visa until 2013 January ..Im afraid that my behavior will effect to my spouse visa... Can u help me for that please??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:48am On Nov 11, 2012
salsera: VicJ
Please ignore, you are not hired or paid to give advice.
If you then give it freely and they ignore and go ahead then how is it ur problem.
Even I remember oxatto's case. He shud go and read the advise given then.
There is a difference between Faith Foolishness and presumption.
Well said, I really appreciate your understanding and support
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:11am On Nov 11, 2012
oxatto: Vicjustice I truelly need advice now! The thing is that I stated I am doing my I.T. And I concluded it 2 weeks back and for the 6months I was paid 30k but I wrote an agreement that on completion of my I.T I will collect all my money because I have planed using the money to add up with what I will be getting from my Inlaw, but right now I'm yet to receive an alert of the money from my work place I believe I will be getting it this new week we are entering. The Total Sum is 180k and my inlaw stated in his letter previous letter to the British High Commision that 500k will be available for my Trip I want to ask if he can make the deposit to my account and I attach the slip with a letter from him. With my the 180k it will sum up to 680k in my account everything will be 700k plus plus his bank statememnt and the document will that be ok cos I truelly want to visit UK this year before school resumes full. I need a full house advice on this c
I warned you that you do not meet the requirements for a tourist visa: accumulating your 30k a month to make 180k, getting money contribution here and there and combining every Naira available is not what the visa officer is looking for; as an adult, you must be able to sponsor yourself. These measures of desperation will only help the visa officer to understand that you can't be a genuine tourist, or what genuine tourist would ruin his entire savings (plus borrowed monies) for a trip to the UK and then return home penuriously broke?
Please, refer to this thread:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2012
Stephan87: Hi... I got married British women.. Now I'm going apply for the spouse visa uk.. I have a problem .. I went to the uk year 2009 for studies.. But couldn't do it well and my college was withdrawn me in end of July 2011.. But I came to my counter September 2011 and I went back to the uk October 2011 without a problem..Since from that I haven't heard anything from UKBA.. I left the uk in April 2012 to get married my women.. I have uk student visa until 2013 January ..Im afraid that my behavior will effect to my spouse visa... Can u help me for that please??

Your behavior will not affect your spouse visa application just concentrate on meeting spouse visa requirements.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 1:16pm On Nov 11, 2012
ok. Thank you so much, I understand you better now. What Visa do I qualify for now, Since I am in school? And I want to visit UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
Vicjustice please which Visa do I qualify to apply for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:36am On Nov 12, 2012
oxatto: Hello Nairalanders and Vic please i just got my Pack from VFS wednessday this was the reply i got inside my pack, i was denied the visa and this was said:

You have stated that you are a part time trainee earning 30,000 Naira a Month. However,
you failed to provide any satisfactory evidence of your earnings.
you are Unmarried, with no dependent children.
None of the money enpended on this venture is your own.
i do not therefore consider that you have demonstrated to me enough close ties,
I am therefore not satisfied that your Circumstances are as claimed.
visible assets and personal responsibilities in your personal and economical circumstances that necessitate your presence in Nigeria to satisfy me that, on the balance of probabilities, you are genuinely seeking entry to the UK as a visitor for a period not exceeding 6 months as required by Rule 41 (i) of HC 395 and intend to leave UK at the end of the period as stated by you as required by Rule 41 (ii) of HC 395.
Furthermore, you state that your sponsor is your brother in law.
However you have not provided any evidence to suggest that you are related as claimed, despite having the opportunity to do so. There are number of document that you could have submitted with your application to confirm your relationship. in the absenceof such document, i am not satified that he is your Uncle and that he is genuinely prepared to sponsor you. Therefore, on the balance of probabilities, i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accomodated in the UK without working or having rescourse to public funds or are able to meet the cost of return or an onward journey as required by paragraph, 41 (vi) and (vii) of HC395.

You MUST understand that at the moment you YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY VISA

Look at the[b] bold[/b] sections of your posting and try to understand.

You BIG problem is that your account does not show where the funds have come from.
You have not proven link to sponsor..
But Most important you have not shown good proof that you will return home after visit.
You must forget travel untill you can settle yourself down and answer the questions calmly and honestly.
Just "boosting" your bank account will not help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oxatto: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2012
As for my account I am a student and I receive a steady cash from my parent and inlaw, for the past 6months according to my account summary I have received and withdrew 400k plus close to 500k, That is to say as a student my account is ok. Why for my internship I agreed collecting it at the End of the programme of which I will be getting paid this week, I can't forget about my school all in the name of a UK Visa I'm in my Final year now 500 level Civil engine. My brother Inlaw choose to sponsor me because he is capable and I have been staying with dem for the past 4 years now, we have both Travelled to Dubai this year and he has a german 5 years residence.WHY I AM STATING ALL THIS, IS THAT CAN'T SOMEONE BE SPONSORED AGAIN. I DON'T WORK YET I'M STILL UNDER THE CARE OF MY FAMILY. I only Did my I.T and dats the only Income I will say I have gotten outside my Family. So I believe there is a way OUT.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fishhooks: 1:31pm On Nov 12, 2012
fishhooks:

Thank you Vicjustice. Like I said earlier, we have decided to go down the route of booking a hotel and use the tourist/general visa. I will keep you posted. I am believing God that he will be granted the visa.
Thank you again for your counsel.

Hello Vicjustice

Just to let you know that my husband has been granted his visa and whilst I give God Almighty all the glory for his goodness and faithfulness, I thank you too for your advice and patience in answering all my queries. May God Almighty always send you help in time of need. I really appreciate all the time you took in giving me advice. God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fishhooks: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
fishhooks:

Hello Vicjustice

Just to let you know that my husband has been granted his visa and whilst I give God Almighty all the glory for his goodness and faithfulness, I thank you too for your advice and patience in answering all my queries. May God Almighty always send you help in time of need. I really appreciate all the time you took in giving me advice. God bless you.

Justwise
I remember you helped in the past too with my queries regarding this matter and I thank you too. Help will never be far from you in Jesus name. Thank you for your time and wise counsel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
fishhooks:

Hello Vicjustice

Good to hear back from you and to know that your dealing with us resulted in a positive outcome. I really appreciate your coming back to say thank you and i hope this is not a farewell message from you.
Stay blessed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DOMINION1: 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Hello Justwise, Vicjustice and the good people of Nairaland, i applied to attend my friends graduation ceremony and that i will be going on tour as well after the graduation, i stated that i will be staying for 9 days but in the refusal letter the ECO stated that i said i will be staying for 5 days.... i booked tour and hotel reservation as well but was refused with limited right to appeal.... below is the explaination why the ECO denied me. please advise. God bless you.

in order to make a decision on wether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category, i have taken into account your stated circumstance in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit, and your proposed travel arrangements. you stated that you are employed as a marketing manager earning N210,415(£842) per month.you stated that you wish to travel to the uk for the purpose of attending a friends graduation ceremony. when considering your circumstances in Nigeria coupled with the reason for your visit and associated costs, i am not satisfied that application meets the requirements of paragraph 41(i) and ii of immigration rules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
DOMINION1: Hello Justwise, Vicjustice and the good people of Nairaland, i applied to attend my friends graduation ceremony and that i will be going on tour as well after the graduation, i stated that i will be staying for 9 days but in the refusal letter the ECO stated that i said i will be staying for 5 days.... i booked tour and hotel reservation as well but was refused with limited right to appeal.... below is the explaination why the ECO denied me. please advise. God bless you.

in order to make a decision on wether or not to grant you entry clearance in this category, i have taken into account your stated circumstance in Nigeria, the reasons for your visit, and your proposed travel arrangements. you stated that you are employed as a marketing manager earning N210,415(£842) per month.you stated that you wish to travel to the uk for the purpose of attending a friends graduation ceremony. when considering your circumstances in Nigeria coupled with the reason for your visit and associated costs, i am not satisfied that application meets the requirements of paragraph 41(i) and ii of immigration rules
The reason(s) for the refusal is neither given in your narration nor is it detailed in the refusal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 12:33am On Nov 13, 2012
Vicjustice:
The reason(s) for the refusal is neither given in your narration nor is it detailed in the refusal letter.

very vague response from the ECO.i agree its somewhat of a luxury to attend a graduation with scarce funds but applying as a general vistor should have just sufficed.he earns very well.maybe the savings were weak or family ties not strong
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:49am On Nov 13, 2012
fishhooks:

Justwise
I remember you helped in the past too with my queries regarding this matter and I thank you too. Help will never be far from you in Jesus name. Thank you for your time and wise counsel.

I'm really happy for you, its nice to see people come back here with good news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eugymuna: 9:14am On Nov 13, 2012
Hello vicjustice n fellow high landers, I need ur advice concerning visiting visa application. My sister applied for UK student visa in 2005 but was refused on d grounds dat her sponsor did not ve sufficient funds but was asked to appeal if she wishes to but she didn't. Now she wants to visit a friend in uk , who is british citizen , will sponsoring her all her expenses, but my sister doesn't work in nigeria , she has just started her phd research, has a savings of about 1000 GBP, how will she go about d visa application, wat doc does she need, wat re her chances of getting d visa, she intends to spend 2 weeks in uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2012
eugy muna: Hello vicjustice n fellow high landers, I need ur advice concerning visiting visa application. My sister applied for UK student visa in 2005 but was refused on d grounds dat her sponsor did not ve sufficient funds but was asked to appeal if she wishes to but she didn't. Now she wants to visit a friend in uk , who is british citizen , will sponsoring her all her expenses, but my sister doesn't work in nigeria , she has just started her phd research, has a savings of about 1000 GBP, how will she go about d visa application, wat doc does she need, wat re her chances of getting d visa, she intends to spend 2 weeks in uk
In her current circumstances, she has no chance.
Read more at:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by eugymuna: 10:34am On Nov 13, 2012
Thanks for d advice , I will tell her to wait, till she gets a job
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aibisoye: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2012
Vicjustice: For tourist or visit visa, you are not required to provide your birth certificate, but if you are applying for a visa by influence of biological or family relationship, then you would need to provide your birth certificate

What if both parties cant find birth certificate. Can i do a sworn affidavit in its place??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Stephan87: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2012
justwise:

Your behavior will not affect your spouse visa application just concentrate on meeting spouse visa requirements.
Thank you but due new rules release in July 2012 can they refuse spouse visa any of reason?, I meant about breaching the rules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2012
Stephan87: Thank you but due new rules release in July 2012 can they refuse spouse visa any of reason?, I meant about breaching the rules
If you are honest with any offense you might have committed then they will not refuse you a visa, but you lied about any offense or withhold the info then you will be refused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.