Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,701 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (981778 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2012
@vickkyy....You can submit an administrative review, You could get a positive outcome.Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zubbainno123: 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2012
Oga vicjustic and justwise and my other friends here pls I really need an urgent response on this.
I am planning on renewing my xpired 6mths visit visa to the UK, I am a corper nd am currently serving in lagos state. D problem I hv now is that we were told while in camp that serving corps members r not allowed to travel out of d country or else on medical grounds, nd that u r not alloewd to stay away for morethan 2weeks. Nd they also made it clear that for u to travel out u must collect permission from d Director General's office. So my question now is would I be giving an authomatic denial one I state that I am corper since we r nt allowed to travel out during our service year, or can I jst get a letter from d organisation am serving with stating that they hv grated me a week break to go visit my brother in d UK.
Plz I really need ur ungent respponse on this, cuz I ordinary would hv applied for a renewal before now, bt I was waiting to hv something doing in nigeria that will prove that I will return bk to the country as I was not working or scholing.......and please does anyone in the house knw anybody that has applied as a corper before and was granted a visa.......thank u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2012
zubbainno123: Oga vicjustic and justwise and my other friends here pls I really need an urgent response on this.
I am planning on renewing my xpired 6mths visit visa to the UK, I am a corper nd am currently serving in lagos state. D problem I hv now is that we were told while in camp that serving corps members r not allowed to travel out of d country or else on medical grounds, nd that u r not alloewd to stay away for morethan 2weeks. Nd they also made it clear that for u to travel out u must collect permission from d Director General's office. So my question now is would I be giving an authomatic denial one I state that I am corper since we r nt allowed to travel out during our service year, or can I jst get a letter from d organisation am serving with stating that they hv grated me a week break to go visit my brother in d UK.
Plz I really need ur ungent respponse on this, cuz I ordinary would hv applied for a renewal before now, bt I was waiting to hv something doing in nigeria that will prove that I will return bk to the country as I was not working or scholing.......and please does anyone in the house knw anybody that has applied as a corper before and was granted a visa.......thank u all.

I will be surprised if you are given a visa even if you get a letter from the organisation you servicing with.

Wait until you finish your service and get a job, but if you want to go on with the application then i can only wish you luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zubbainno123: 2:13pm On Dec 02, 2012
justwise:

I will be surprised if you are given a visa even if you get a letter from the organisation you servicing with.

Wait until you finish your service and get a job, but if you want to go on with the application then i can only wish you luck.

Does it mean that one can not apply for a visit visa as a corper, tought NYSC is a strong enough ground to prove that u will return bk to the country after your visit?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:15pm On Dec 02, 2012
zubbainno123: Oga vicjustic and justwise and my other friends here pls I really need an urgent response on this.

zubbainno123:

Does it mean that one can not apply for a visit visa as a corper, tought NYSC is a strong enough ground to prove that u will return bk to the country after your visit?

You listed all the rules a corper should not break and you are asking again why corppers can not travel?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zubbainno123: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
justwise:

You listed all the rules a corper should not break and you are asking again why corppers can not travel?

Thanks sir for your timely response I truly appreciate............but my concern is not really about breaking NYSC rules, ofcuz Ppl do that all the time. Am jst only concerned that the embassy might contact them for some info about me once I state that am a corper............its gonna suck really for me to wait till after my service before I can apply cuz I only jst stated my service this mnth nd will be rounding off by this time next year.....the funny part abt this whole thing is that the reason why I waited tiLl nw to renew my visa was so that I can apply as a corper since I was not working or schooling since I returned from my initial trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yincahmicheal(m): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2012
My friends here on the forum I like to tell you that the major reason why most are refuse a visa is mostly because we have forgotten that it only God that make all things possible, but why putting together our documents we always forget to had most essential document and the most sweet able agent which is prayer and faith, add prayer to your application and make God the first and the last and u will be disappointed it prayer that will back up ur document and application and it this same prayer that will speak for u at the British High commission, when your faith is shaking in your God and you believe more in your application and document I bet u, u may end up not getting anything positive but please just do your best and leave the rest to God am so sure in Him he never disappoint and he will make a way for u where there seems to be no way. Do not rush in so that time you will not fur fit(false application) your chances of getting a visa. (Ban 10yrs). Follow advise and the rules and leave all to God to had what is meaning, God is not a magician but He is a miracle working God. Have faith in Him It just a Contribution my brothers not a sermon nor a preaching. Thanks all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Dec 02, 2012
zubbainno123:

Thanks sir for your timely response I truly appreciate............but my concern is not really about breaking NYSC rules, ofcuz Ppl do that all the time. Am jst only concerned that the embassy might contact them for some info about me once I state that am a corper............its gonna suck really for me to wait till after my service before I can apply cuz I only jst stated my service this mnth nd will be rounding off by this time next year.....the funny part abt this whole thing is that the reason why I waited tiLl nw to renew my visa was so that I can apply as a corper since I was not working or schooling since I returned from my initial trip.
What is the worst thing that will happen if you did not go to the UK within this period of service? How much will you lose financially or health wise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
vickkyy: @Vicjustice, thank u so much. Almighty God will continue to give u wisdom & understanding to put people through their visa applications. I'm still expecting their response to d administrative review that I wrote but Can I re:apply in 3months time because that is when I will be entittle to another leave.
You are entitled to reapply for a visa at any time, and it is allowed to apply for a fresh visa while your previous refusal is under appeal or administrative review.
But if you seek my opinion, i don't think 3 months is enough time to improve your financial circumstance and to avoid being refused for the same reason as the previous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:32pm On Dec 02, 2012

zubbainno123:

There is no embassy law or rule that forbids Corpers from travelling abroad, but for the fact that corpers are under regulations, and one of the clauses of the regulations forbid them to travel at will, the embassy would therefore have no choice but to act by the rules
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
yincahmicheal: My friends here on the forum I like to tell you that the major reason why most are refuse a visa is mostly because we have forgotten that it only God that make all things possible, but why putting together our documents we always forget to had most essential document and the most sweet able agent which is prayer and faith, add prayer to your application and make God the first and the last and u will be disappointed it prayer that will back up ur document and application and it this same prayer that will speak for u at the British High commission, when your faith is shaking in your God and you believe more in your application and document I bet u, u may end up not getting anything positive but please just do your best and leave the rest to God am so sure in Him he never disappoint and he will make a way for u where there seems to be no way. Do not rush in so that time you will not fur fit(false application) your chances of getting a visa. (Ban 10yrs). Follow advise and the rules and leave all to God to had what is meaning, God is not a magician but He is a miracle working God. Have faith in Him It just a Contribution my brothers not a sermon nor a preaching. Thanks all
What gave you the impression that everybody in this forum is a "Christian"?
What message do you have for the Muslims, the Hindus and the Pagans?
And what makes you thinks that it takes only a man of faith to apply for a visa?
By the way, how are the atheist getting their visas?
Well, what does the Bible say about "faith without work"?
Man, visa application is not about religion, but about doing the right thing in the right way
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
Vicjustice:
What gave you the impression that everybody in this forum is a "Christian"?
What message do you have for the Muslims, the Hindus and the Pagans?
And what makes you thinks that it takes only a man of faith to apply for a visa?
By the way, how are the atheist getting their visas?
Well, what does the Bible say about "faith without work"?
Man, this is not about religion, but about doing the right thing in the right way

I bet his next post here would be to drop a number or email to contact for prayers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zubbainno123: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2012
Vicjustice:

There is no embassy law or rule that forbids Corpers from travelling abroad, but for the fact that corpers are under regulations, and one of the clauses of the regulations forbid them to travel at will, the embassy would therefore have no choice but to act by the rules

Thanks for d info bro........I guess I hv to wait till after my service then.........but that's jst too long!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yincahmicheal(m): 11:03pm On Dec 02, 2012
Believe ur God and am not saying work is nt needed, it needed but I think prayer first getting my visa was like a play, what I said was my own view, you view is what you encourage people about n no one ever insult you so please apply manners to your replay n let treat issues with respect cus don't think we ar here to fight or insult one another. Thank
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
yincahmicheal: Believe ur God and am not saying work is nt needed, it needed but I think prayer first getting my visa was like a play, what I said was my own view, you view is what you encourage people about n no one ever insult you so please apply manners to your replay n let treat issues with respect cus don't think we ar here to fight or insult one another. Thank
Well, my post wasn't meant to insult you, but if however you felt insulted by Sunny_Bobo's responding post, i like to apologise on his behalf.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 03, 2012
Have sent the adninistrative review letter since 20th November through corial services but I'm still waiting for UK home office response. Thank u all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 10:10am On Dec 03, 2012
Vicjustice:
It is always advisable to have good knowledge of a place before applying for a visa to visit the place: if you knew that the hotel is a long distance from the place where most of your activities would be taking place, you wouldn't have used it for visa application.
Yes, there are some very good hotels situated in isolated areas (in fact, some of the best hotels with highest stars are usually located away from town/city centres) but know that the occupants of such hotels usually have transportation means arranged and they often go in groups or they join one, and their schedules and programmes are usually arranged by travel agents. But in your case, you booked for a hotel in a distant area, and yet, you have no provision for mobility, that alone suggests that you do not have enough knowledge of the place that you claimed you would be seeing neither do you know the location of your hotel, and yet, you have no obvious arrangement in place:
Administrative review would be a waste of time because, the Visa Officer is very reasonable in refusing your application: it is your own error. If you must re-apply, correct the errors.
@vicjustice,justwise&all, am grateful forr your candid advise. I wish to re-apply for the visa again and have booked a hotel close to britsh museum and other side attractions, my questions now is,is there any need to include in additional information, informations regarding where they state that I requested for 3 weeks instead of 1 week I requested, moreso, is there any need to explain mistake made on the first hotel booked. Please advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by firstlady4(f): 10:49am On Dec 03, 2012
Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help out with sufficient advice on this. My cousin is in Nigeria, and her husband to be is in UK working with one of the federal prison in UK. Thou he is a full born Nigerian bt has his citiziship in UK. He want her pregnant befor joinning him in UK to have the baby after which, they will come back to Nigeria for the wedding. My question is; Is it possible for her to get her VISA to UK without stress or rejection to join him being pregnant without a marriage certificate? And what are the procedure to go about this? am so concerned because I dont want her to make any mistakes that will keep her hanging here in Nigeria with the pregnancy. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:36am On Dec 03, 2012
first_lady: Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help out with sufficient advice on this. My cousin is in Nigeria, and her husband to be is in UK working with one of the federal prison in UK. Thou he is a full born Nigerian bt has his citiziship in UK. He want her pregnant befor joinning him in UK to have the baby after which, they will come back to Nigeria for the wedding. My question is; Is it possible for her to get her VISA to UK without stress or rejection to join him being pregnant without a marriage certificate? And what are the procedure to go about this? am so concerned because I dont want her to make any mistakes that will keep her hanging here in Nigeria with the pregnancy. Thanks.

How is that? They married without getting the marriage certificate?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:49am On Dec 03, 2012
vozkini:
@vicjustice,justwise&all, am grateful forr your candid advise. I wish to re-apply for the visa again and have booked a hotel close to britsh museum and other side attractions, my questions now is,is there any need to include in additional information, informations regarding where they state that I requested for 3 weeks instead of 1 week I requested, moreso, is there any need to explain mistake made on the first hotel booked. Please advice.
If you sensed injustice or you think that the Visa Officer's error played a role in the unsuccessful application, then, it won't be a bad idea to make use of the additional info box.
And also, if you feel the need to make clarity regarding the hotel, then, why not?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:57am On Dec 03, 2012
first_lady: Hello please, I'm hoping someone would help out with sufficient advice on this. My cousin is in Nigeria, and her husband to be is in UK working with one of the federal prison in UK. Thou he is a full born Nigerian bt has his citiziship in UK. He want her pregnant befor joinning him in UK to have the baby after which, they will come back to Nigeria for the wedding. My question is; Is it possible for her to get her VISA to UK without stress or rejection to join him being pregnant without a marriage certificate? And what are the procedure to go about this? am so concerned because I dont want her to make any mistakes that will keep her hanging here in Nigeria with the pregnancy. Thanks.
From your comment, it seems the couple's "marriage" is not officially recognised, and if so, the woman can not apply for a visa under spouse regulation.
Now, assuming the marriage is legitimately recognised (with a certificate to substantiate it), as a wife of a UK citizen, she should be eligible to apply for a spouse visa irrespective of the pregnancy stage provided her husband meets the financial requirements
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by charlysblink: 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
After 12 workings days , i just got my 2 years renew visa . thanks to you all ...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by firstlady4(f): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2012
@Vicjustice, thanks for the reply. She is nt yet married to him just only introduction. How is she going to apply for her VISA being she is nt officialy married? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by penfold(m): 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
justwise:

How is that? They married without getting the marriage certificate?
@justwise and vicjustice,
She said 'husband to be' in her original post, i think that is d actual problem!!
Anyway...isnt there a visa category for people who intend to get married to their affianced in the UK? Or that category too has been reviewed?
If that category still exists,that should be their best route,
But wait o, her 'husband to be' harsh o!! How is she going to meet his requirement of getting pregnant(as contained in the post) if he is in UK and she is in nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2012
penfold:
@justwise and vicjustice,
She said 'husband to be' in her original post, i think that is d actual problem!!
Anyway...isnt there a visa category for people who intend to get married to their affianced in the UK? Or that category too has been reviewed?
If that category still exists,that should be their best route,
But wait o, her 'husband to be' harsh o!! How is she going to meet his requirement of getting pregnant(as contained in the post) if he is in UK and she is in nigeria?

It will be difficult, the best is to get married then apply for spouse visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by firstlady4(f): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2012
He do visit her twice in a year. Can she apply for her VISA as individual with her pregnancy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jt2010: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2012
charlysblink: After 12 workings days , i just got my 2 years renew visa . thanks to you all ...

Bros, Sorry to ask you this question, is your renewal 2-year visa issued in Lagos or Abuja
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kalari: 10:26am On Dec 04, 2012
Good morning house,you guys are doing a great job,pls i have a question to ask i am a married woman with two kids and i will like to apply for uk visiting visa,the question is can my father act as my sponsor as in to support me with his statement of account and other documents and also hope the eco officer will not start thinking that why is my husband not sponsoring us.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:02am On Dec 04, 2012
kalari: Good morning house,you guys are doing a great job,pls i have a question to ask i am a married woman with two kids and i will like to apply for uk visiting visa,the question is can my father act as my sponsor as in to support me with his statement of account and other documents and also hope the eco officer will not start thinking that why is my husband not sponsoring us.
I think you already answered your own question.
Well, to clarify that, as a married woman, it is supposed to be YOU or your HUSBAND who should be doing the sponsorship, not your father: Yet, it is not an entirely wrong thing to have one's father as a sponsor; but the fact is, a person who is not capable of self sponsorship is not deemed worthy of a tourist visa because, s/he can hardly satisfy the Visa Officer of the availability (and most importantly, the accessibility) of the fund nor can s/he satisfy the Visa Officer of the intention to return to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (426)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.