Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,370 members, 7,861,020 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:12 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (987071 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2013
finally i got my spouse visa, thanks house for urge guide,pls feel free to ask me any question and if u need help from my UK

Wow a whole lng year..congrats on that...Am currently waiting for my spouse visa too..applied on the 13th of nov 2012...am sooo anxious..have u gotten your passport back?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2013
finally i got my spouse visa, thanks house for urge guide,pls feel free to ask me any question and if u need help from my UK lawyer.

Wow a whole lng year..congrats on that...Am currently waiting for my spouse visa too..applied on the 13th of nov 2012...am sooo anxious..have u gotten your passport back?[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by sfatoki: 11:29am On Jan 25, 2013
thanks justwise, finally i got my spouse visa.

justwise:

Have you received determination letter from the tribunal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2013
sfatoki: thanks justwise, finally i got my spouse visa.

Congratulations, that was a long one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:46am On Jan 25, 2013
vozkini: house greetings, justwise, vicjustice and co.
please do help me answer the following question, a friend of mine applied for administrative review to UKBA last year around ending of November 2012, the review was scanned and send through email and hard copy was send later through post office. till this moment, no response has being received.
please i wish to ask how long it will take before they will respond. its almost two months now,
please your responses are welcome.

Have you called or emailed them to find out?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:49am On Jan 25, 2013
omabroowniee: Hi,
I am seeking some advice with regards to uk visa.i applied to visit friends in the uk in december for a short holiday (as my leave was about then)but was denied because i didnt submit payslips from my job. I am trying to reapply later this month and i need counsel. My husband wants to invite me to visit him(we got married on 29th dec) as he is based in the uk.we want to know the best way to go about this since he holds a tier 1 general which is due renewal in april after which i can come as his dependent. or should we just go ahead to apply as dependent in april when he gets a renewal?Secondly,when i did the ist application,i didnt mention him as someone i know in the uk..does this affect in anu way?
Thanks for your time. Chinky.

That was a big mistake, you can't possibly apply now and mention him since he was in the UK during your first application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 11:54am On Jan 25, 2013
Ok,so what should i do.can we apply in april for dependent attaching marriage certificate etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

Its not really about having money in your account, your condition in Nigeria has to be considered, what will you be left with after this trip? Obviously almost nothing, leaving you with nothing to fall back at after the trip to the UK.

With no strong tie to Nigeria and no steady source of income i'm not sure that your chances of getting a visa is high.

Personally...looking at the amount you have in your account....this is one trip you can afford to miss.
thanks Justwise....ceretainly not gon apply with just 400k. at times i do hav up2 1million plus, i have 2 keep investing in my music, that accouint 4 the dwindling acc...buh the cashflow is very busy. and i intend to step up my account. 8months time is long period to grow finanlly. am only just trying to see if i can boycout d large account status 4 6months consecutively. cos i have 2 kept re-investing cash in my uprising music carreer. so sorry for bugging you please. and to add, my prospective inlaw who is british is sponsoring us after d wedding
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
omabroowniee: Hi,
I am seeking some advice with regards to uk visa.i applied to visit friends in the uk in december for a short holiday (as my leave was about then)but was denied because i didnt submit payslips from my job. I am trying to reapply later this month and i need counsel. My husband wants to invite me to visit him(we got married on 29th dec) as he is based in the uk.we want to know the best way to go about this since he holds a tier 1 general which is due renewal in april after which i can come as his dependent. or should we just go ahead to apply as dependent in april when he gets a renewal?Secondly,when i did the ist application,i didnt mention him as someone i know in the uk..does this affect in anu way?
Thanks for your time. Chinky.

Based in the UK with a tier 1 general? Isn't that a visit visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2013
yhuki: thanks Justwise....ceretainly not gon apply with just 400k. at times i do hav up2 1million plus, i have 2 keep investing in my music, that accouint 4 the dwindling acc...buh the cashflow is very busy. and i intend to step up my account. 8months time is long period to grow finanlly. am only just trying to see if i can boycout d large account status 4 6months consecutively. cos i have 2 kept re-investing cash in my uprising music carreer. so sorry for bugging you please. and to add, my prospective inlaw who is british is sponsoring us after d wedding

By law are you supposed to pay tax from your earnings as an artist? Do you have registered company that manages your career? Keep record of your cash flow?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
omabroowniee: Ok,so what should i do.can we apply in april for dependent attaching marriage certificate etc

You can do that but you don't forget to explain why you did not mention him in your previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
ok,thanks for your advice.but can i still apply in feb against easter with him inviting me?does it follow?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
omabroowniee: ok,thanks for your advice.but can i still apply in feb against easter with him inviting me?does it follow?

You can apply anytime you are ready but two obstacles you have to over come are meeting the requirements and convincingly explaining why he was not mentioned in your previous application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 1:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
ok nice,i hope that the reason being that he hadn't gotten his own rented apartment is convincing enough,or do u have any ideas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
omabroowniee: ok nice,i hope that the reason being that he hadn't gotten his own rented apartment is convincing enough,or do u have any ideas

Nope, absolutely clueless. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2013
ok,is the reason convincing enough
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 2:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

Have you called or emailed them to find out?

No he has not called neither has he emailed them. Please if possible do give me the email address or mobile number to call. Or would he need to use the previous email used in sending them the review letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jenni1108: 2:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hello

I have just about finished getting my documents together – I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know if this is enough or if more is needed – (the list is quite long)

Financial requirement documents
• Bank statement from May 2012 – to date – bank statements show all salary payments.
• All wage slips from April 2012 (started working in April but changed jobs in September) – will a copy of my last 4 months wage slips with a Payroll stamp be sufficient as we only get online copies?

Accommodation
• BT bills for June and December 2012
• Council tax statement for 2012/13
• Land registry document showing I’m the registered owner
• January 2013 and October 2012 mortgage statements
• Letter from Mortgage company detailing what I pay monthly
• Service charge statement
• Solicitors letter (from years back) confirming exchange of contract.
• Copy of pictures of the apartment and room sizes and number of rooms
• Electricity and water bills for the past 12 months

Proof of relationship
• Stamps from passport of travel to Nigeria
• Transcript of my university stay in Nigeria (where we met initially)
• Phone bills (itemized) of calls and texts I have made to lyca and his number respectively for the last 15 months
• Original copy of marriage certificate
• Yahoo messenger/skype/whats app conversations – printed copies
• Pictures from our wedding day (registry)
• Letter from family members stating the relationship is genuine

Proof of citizenship
• Copy of bio data page of British passport.
• Copy of page in Nigerian passport of when I came here initially (when I was 1)

Proof of employment
• Copy of a contract of employment from previous employer with attached email confirming it came from HR
• Copy of contract of current employer
• Letter from current employer stating requirements as requested from UKBA
• Copy of my CV to show I have potential to obtain new employment even if I should (God forbid) lose this one.

I think this is everything and just hope they don’t look for any reason to refuse my husband visa.

Thanks you in advance for all your help and advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 3:04pm On Jan 25, 2013
hello justwise..i have just been refused student visa. i wanted to go for my masters programme. the ECO's reason is that my funds are insufficient. but in the application i went with 2 bank statements..let me break it down for u.
i already paid 1500 pounds out of 14820 and i need 7200 for maintenance. in my sponsor's (dad's) zenith bank account he has 20,100pounds and i just used his union bank account to supplement the remaiming 500pounds and he even has about 3000pounds in that account.

now the eco toldme in d refusal letter that my union bank account does not have enough money for the purpose of my maintenance. pls wat do u think could be wrong with my application. i added the union bank account cos som1 here told me i can use two accounts. now the eco did not say anything about the zenith bank account. now i have little time left. my course resumes Feb 11. do u think i should apply for reviewing the refusal or should i make arrangements for another application?
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2013
smartmachine: hello justwise..i have just been refused student visa. i wanted to go for my masters programme. the ECO's reason is that my funds are insufficient. but in the application i went with 2 bank statements..let me break it down for u.
i already paid 1500 pounds out of 14820 and i need 7200 for maintenance. in my sponsor's (dad's) zenith bank account he has 20,100pounds and i just used his union bank account to supplement the remaiming 500pounds and he even has about 3000pounds in that account.

now the eco toldme in d refusal letter that my union bank account does not have enough money for the purpose of my maintenance. pls wat do u think could be wrong with my application. i added the union bank account cos som1 here told me i can use two accounts. now the eco did not say anything about the zenith bank account. now i have little time left. my course resumes Feb 11. do u think i should apply for reviewing the refusal or should i make arrangements for another application?
thanks

You submitted the Union bank account alone or both Zenith bank account and the union bank account? In total how many bank accounts did you submit and state clearly how much in each of them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:21pm On Jan 25, 2013
jenni1108: Hello

I have just about finished getting my documents together – I would really appreciate it if anyone could let me know if this is enough or if more is needed – (the list is quite long)

Financial requirement documents
• Bank statement from May 2012 – to date – bank statements show all salary payments.
• All wage slips from April 2012 (started working in April but changed jobs in September) – will a copy of my last 4 months wage slips with a Payroll stamp be sufficient as we only get online copies?

Accommodation
• BT bills for June and December 2012
• Council tax statement for 2012/13
• Land registry document showing I’m the registered owner
• January 2013 and October 2012 mortgage statements
• Letter from Mortgage company detailing what I pay monthly
• Service charge statement
• Solicitors letter (from years back) confirming exchange of contract.
• Copy of pictures of the apartment and room sizes and number of rooms
• Electricity and water bills for the past 12 months

Proof of relationship
• Stamps from passport of travel to Nigeria
• Transcript of my university stay in Nigeria (where we met initially)
• Phone bills (itemized) of calls and texts I have made to lyca and his number respectively for the last 15 months
• Original copy of marriage certificate
• Yahoo messenger/skype/whats app conversations – printed copies
• Pictures from our wedding day (registry)
• Letter from family members stating the relationship is genuine

Proof of citizenship
• Copy of bio data page of British passport.
• Copy of page in Nigerian passport of when I came here initially (when I was 1)

Proof of employment
• Copy of a contract of employment from previous employer with attached email confirming it came from HR
• Copy of contract of current employer
• Letter from current employer stating requirements as requested from UKBA
• Copy of my CV to show I have potential to obtain new employment even if I should (God forbid) lose this one.

I think this is everything and just hope they don’t look for any reason to refuse my husband visa.

Thanks you in advance for all your help and advice.

What type of visa are you applying for and how much is the bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

By law are you supposed to pay tax from your earnings as an artist? Do you have registered company that manages your career? Keep record of your cash flow?

thanks alot..really dont have a registered managemnet, buh just a manager who secures deals and then eventually pay my money in2 my account. as 4 tax, have to look closely at that, cos havent really paid lately except when i was working. or can i quickly register a my own management label. and dont know wat u mean by records? do u mean bank statement of the management company or other forms of record.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jenni1108: 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

What type of visa are you applying for and how much is the bank statement?

settlement visa - i have spoken to you before on page 76

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

You submitted the Union bank account alone or both Zenith bank account and the union bank account? In total how many bank accounts did you submit and state clearly how much in each of them

i submitted both zenith bank and union bank
in zenith bank i have exactly 20100 pounds
in union i have 3000 pounds(i converted using 260 naira for 1pound)

my whole fees both course and maintenance is 14820 and 7200, but i have already paid 1500 and it was shown in my CAS. so all i needed to show is just 20520 pounds.

but the eco only made mention of the union bank account..he said i dont have enough funds. he did not make mention of the zenith bank account.

even in my document pack he has removed the union bank account statement, but he left the zenith statement.

i dont knw why he did that anyway
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
smartmachine:

i submitted both zenith bank and union bank
in zenith bank i have exactly 20100 pounds
in union i have 3000 pounds(i converted using 260 naira for 1pound)

my whole fees both course and maintenance is 14820 and 7200, but i have already paid 1500 and it was shown in my CAS. so all i needed to show is just 20520 pounds.

but the eco only made mention of the union bank account..he said i dont have enough funds. he did not make mention of the zenith bank account.

even in my document pack he has removed the union bank account statement, but he left the zenith statement.

i dont knw why he did that anyway

If the money in both accounts have clocked 28days then i'm surprised that you were refused a visa, i'm sure you were given the right to appeal? sadly you don't have time for that as it takes ages, can you get 2wks extension from your school and re-apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
jenni1108:

settlement visa - i have spoken to you before on page 76

thanks

Your list looks good, do you have at least 18,000 pounds (a year salary) in that bank account you are submitting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by smartmachine(m): 3:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
justwise:

If the money in both accounts have clocked 28days then i'm surprised that you were refused a visa, i'm sure you were given the right to appeal? sadly you don't have time for that as it takes ages, can you get 2wks extension from your school and re-apply?

thanks for ur opinion
okay maybe thats what i will do..i wil reapply

but there's also an option in my refusal letter that i can apply for a 'review of the decision'. does this mean 'to appeal'?
but when i checked out of vfs in ikeja..some people were talking about these immigration lawyer stuffs..how far wil that go if i heed to them, even though i dont believe in them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jenni1108: 4:01pm On Jan 25, 2013
I earn over £30k in my present role and it's over £22k over a 12 month period gross. Due to starting work in April
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Jan 25, 2013
smartmachine:

thanks for ur opinion
okay maybe thats what i will do..i wil reapply

but there's also an option in my refusal letter that i can apply for a 'review of the decision'. does this mean 'to appeal'?
but when i checked out of vfs in ikeja..some people were talking about these immigration lawyer stuffs..how far wil that go if i heed to them, even though i dont believe in them.

Review will take at least 4months, don't waste your money on any immigration lawyer, it will not make any difference
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dagreen14: 4:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hi Justwise, my friend wife was born in the UK around 1984 and her parents took her back to Nigeria after she was born and she visited the UK when she was 7 since then she has been living in Nigeria... My question can she apply for a British passport in Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
omabroowniee: ok,thanks for your advice.but can i still apply in feb against easter with him inviting me?does it follow?

I do not think you stand much chance applying February as you said his Tier 1 General expires in April (I think he needs to have at least 6 months validity to invite you, not quite sure though). The best bet would be to wait for him to extend his visa and then apply as a dependant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:13pm On Jan 25, 2013
dagreen14: Hi Justwise, my friend wife was born in the UK around 1984 and her parents took her back to Nigeria after she was born and she visited the UK when she was 7 since then she has been living in Nigeria... My question can she apply for a British passport in Nigeria?

Is any of her parents a British citizen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.