Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,436 members, 7,861,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (987105 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oshiokeh: 9:13pm On Jan 21, 2013
justwise:

Reapply when you have enough money for the trip.
thanks so much but like wen can i apply i mean duration of time... and i belive i still gonna need a fresh invitation letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by oshiokeh: 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2013
@justwise thank u so much.....i will let u knw the outcome sir... kudos to u sir but i still want to knw the duration of time for me to reappy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:42pm On Jan 21, 2013
oshiokeh: @justwise thank u so much.....i will let u knw the outcome sir... kudos to u sir but i still want to knw the duration of time for me to reappy

You can reapply as soon as your financial condition improves.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by MrsBam: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2013
Hey guys....got my spouse settlement visa yst....wooopppp wooopp...Question now is does anyone know if i can do the change of name in the u.k or is abuja the only place i cab do the change of name thing and get a new passport?...Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hi,

Can someone help out with a sustainable budget for one week stay in the UK. Trying to draw up a feasible budget for the ECO.
This is the budget i drafted, cost is in pounds, feel free to modify, reduce or increase budget.

Flight: 700
Accommodation: 385 (Hotel Lily,Kensington/earl's court, London, booked for 7 nights and offers breakfast)
Transport within London: 100 (The hotel is in a good location for places of attraction and i will use the oyster card loaded with weekly pass)
Feeding: 100(lunch/dinner)
Tour tickets: 100

This will be my first time in the UK if visa is granted.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2013
babybird82: Hi,

Can someone help out with a sustainable budget for one week stay in the UK. Trying to draw up a feasible budget for the ECO.
This is the budget i drafted, cost is in pounds, feel free to modify, reduce or increase budget.

Accommodation: 385 (Hotel Lily,Kensington/earl's court, London, booked for 7 nights and offers breakfast)
Transport within London: 100 (The hotel is in a good location for places of attraction and i will use the oyster card loaded with weekly pass)

Thank you.

Aren't you going shopping? lol Nigerians are know to be some of the highest high street spenders in the UK.

I know it's not compulsory but you still need to include some additional funds for emergencies. I'd suggest another 200 pounds to be included in your budget as 'spending money'.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 3:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
ahonohai:

Aren't you going shopping? lol Nigerians are know to be some of the highest high street spenders in the UK.

I know it's not compulsory but you still need to include some additional funds for emergencies. I'd suggest another 200 pounds to be included in your budget as 'spending money'.

Lol, shopping is for sure. Will add that. Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2013
babybird82: Hi,

Thank you.

Flight <= 600
hotel <= 400
Travelcard for a week(zone 1-6)<= 60
Feeding <= 100
Tour Tickets <= 100
Shopping <= 400

anything between 1400 - 1600 should do the trick.

You don't have to stay in kensington.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 6:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
jay bee:

Flight <= 600
hotel <= 400
Travelcard for a week(zone 1-6)<= 60
Feeding <= 100
Tour Tickets <= 100
Shopping <= 400

anything between 1400 - 1600 should do the trick.

You don't have to stay in kensington.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate. What abt Queens Hotel, crystal palace, london. Its £210 for the 7 days stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
babybird82:

Thanks so much, I really appreciate. What abt Queens Hotel, crystal palace, london. Its £210 for the 7 days stay.

£210 for 7 days hmmm....it looks good from the reviews but your major issues will be transportation into Central London. Your closest station seems to be Crystal Palace on the London Overground so you'll be fine with your Oyster card. You should be looking at a minimum journey time of 30mins to get into Central London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jaybee3(m): 2:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
babybird82:

Use this site to work out the approximate hotel cost

http://www.trivago.co.uk/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 6:25pm On Jan 23, 2013
jay bee:

Use this site to work out the approximate hotel cost

http://www.trivago.co.uk/

Wow, thanks a lot. Really helped.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 6:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
ahonohai:

£210 for 7 days hmmm....it looks good from the reviews but your major issues will be transportation into Central London. Your closest station seems to be Crystal Palace on the London Overground so you'll be fine with your Oyster card. You should be looking at a minimum journey time of 30mins to get into Central London.

Yeah, considering transportation, i chose hotel lily cos i don't know the cost implication of the 30mins to and fro.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:10pm On Jan 23, 2013
babybird82:

Crystal Palace ain't bad. Na my backyard be that. You cam get the bus 3 from Crystal Palace to Oxford street.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 8:55am On Jan 24, 2013
Sunny_bobo:
Crystal Palace ain't bad. Na my backyard be that. You cam get the bus 3 from Crystal Palace to Oxford street.

Oh ok, thanks so much. For d price, its a good choice for me.

You all have been very helpful, God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2013
besides there are trains from london bridge to crystal palace 30mins or so

There is no cost implication, travel zones are wide so its the same cost no matter long the travel time is as long as its covered by the zones on your oyster card

So save your hotel bill
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2013
salsera: besides there are trains from london bridge to crystal palace 30mins or so

There is no cost implication, travel zones are wide so its the same cost no matter long the travel time is as long as its covered by the zones on your oyster card

So save your hotel bill

London Bridge to Crystal palace is 20 minutes by train
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bangin: 7:51pm On Jan 24, 2013
@everyone: Am 27yrs,Single,applied for family visa april last year to go visit my mom and sister (permanent residents) but was refused due to unemployment bla bla bla. As God will have it I was able to get a job around july with a good salary of abt 180k.
My mom is inviting me again to come celebrate with her on her 50th birthday in mid-march but I can't find the doc with which I was refused, tho d refusal date is stamped on my passport buh I dnt know the reference number.(What am I going to fill in dat part of the form)
(2) Will a closing balance of about 780k be sufficient as I am the one sponsoring myself (salary acct with regular inflow and outflow) I dnt av any landed property or cars whatsoever.My only tie in Naija here is my Job.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2013
hello everyone! u guys ar simply amazing! shoutout to justwise. am a uprising music artiste reg with pman, just lunch my album and i gat 3 videos currenting airing.and i intend visiting the UK on a vist visa. please would like to know wat are the basic requirements i have 2 furnish d embassy, since am just about getting my balance in the industry really dont have a stable account statement.please any advise will help please[color=#000099][/color] abeg make una help me with d info. biko
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:27pm On Jan 24, 2013
bangin: @everyone: Am 27yrs,Single,applied for family visa april last year to go visit my mom and sister (permanent residents) but was refused due to unemployment bla bla bla. As God will have it I was able to get a job around july with a good salary of abt 180k.
My mom is inviting me again to come celebrate with her on her 50th birthday in mid-march but I can't find the doc with which I was refused, tho d refusal date is stamped on my passport buh I dnt know the reference number.(What am I going to fill in dat part of the form)
(2) Will a closing balance of about 780k be sufficient as I am the one sponsoring myself (salary acct with regular inflow and outflow) I dnt av any landed property or cars whatsoever.My only tie in Naija here is my Job.

Thanks
You should be fine even if you can't provide the full account regarding your previous visa refusal, you just have to admit that you were refused previously... The embassy keeps records of it all.
You should also be fine with your account balance provided the visa officer is satisfied with your employment circumstance and the inflow of your wages/salaries.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bangin: 8:37pm On Jan 24, 2013
Vicjustice:
You should be fine even if you can't provide the full account regarding your previous visa refusal, you just have to admit that you were refused previously... The embassy keeps records of it all.
You should also be fine with your account balance provided the visa officer is satisfied with your employment circumstance and the inflow of your wages/salaries.

Thanks @Vicjustice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2013
salsera: besides there are trains from london bridge to crystal palace 30mins or so

So save your hotel bill

Wow, thanks so much. Crystal palace it is then. Will save me over £150. Cool.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by babybird82(f): 10:12pm On Jan 24, 2013
Final Question, I will be submitting both my salary acct and my savings acct for the application. I will be applying for the visa next week friday. Do I leave the funds in my salary acct which is not as much as the funds in my savings acct or I can transfer it to my savings even though I will still be submitting both accts for the application. I hate leaving funds in my salary acct because the bank tends to make some unexplainable debits from my acct and I do mobile/internet banking with my savings making it easier for me to pay for goods and services.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thegame(m): 12:54am On Jan 25, 2013
Hi guys, i am a corper in lagos and i will be ending my service next month. i want to travel to uk sometime in may or june for a holiday trip and i already sent a request to my uncle in the uk asking for a letter and all i might need from him, now i'm here because i want to know if there are any other things to know before the whole application starts. i want my parents to sponsor me though and i want advice concerning bank statements and all from people with experiences. thanks in advance.
p.s: i have been denied study visa before though. like 5 years back. and i have never tried visiting or any other thing with them. Plus, I don't hv a job yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:44am On Jan 25, 2013
thegame: Hi guys, i am a corper in lagos and i will be ending my service next month. i want to travel to uk sometime in may or june for a holiday trip and i already sent a request to my uncle in the uk asking for a letter and all i might need from him, now i'm here because i want to know if there are any other things to know before the whole application starts. i want my parents to sponsor me though and i want advice concerning bank statements and all from people with experiences. thanks in advance.
p.s: i have been denied study visa before though. like 5 years back. and i have never tried visiting or any other thing with them. Plus, I don't hv a job yet.
Click this link to read your answer:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 25, 2013
yhuki: hello everyone! u guys ar simply amazing! shoutout to justwise. am a uprising music artiste reg with pman, just lunch my album and i gat 3 videos currenting airing.and i intend visiting the UK on a vist visa. please would like to know wat are the basic requirements i have 2 furnish d embassy, since am just about getting my balance in the industry really dont have a stable account statement.please any advise will help please[color=#000099][/color] abeg make una help me with d info. biko

pls sum1 shud be kind enouf to enlighten me naa, abi bird shit 4 my head.lol on a serious note i will need to know, someone pls help a brother
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:44am On Jan 25, 2013
yhuki: hello everyone! u guys ar simply amazing! shoutout to justwise. am a uprising music artiste reg with pman, just lunch my album and i gat 3 videos currenting airing.and i intend visiting the UK on a vist visa. please would like to know wat are the basic requirements i have 2 furnish d embassy, [b]since am just about getting my balance in the industry really dont have a stable account statement.[/b]please any advise will help please[color=#000099][/color] abeg make una help me with d info. biko

That will be your biggest problem, without good and veritable source of income it will be difficult for you to secure visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jan 25, 2013
thanks bro..but i gat sum cash in my acc though, say 400k or therebout, and i do make withdrawals from time 2 time. and i gat bulk cash lodgement sometimes base on the fact that i get some big shows seasonally. please help me with info. still got like 8months before i apply. cos i intend getting married at bout that time and we really need the holiday
justwise:

That will be your biggest problem, without good and veritable source of income it will be difficult for you to secure visiting visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:47am On Jan 25, 2013
yhuki: thanks bro..but i gat sum cash in my acc though, say 400k or therebout, and i do make withdrawals from time 2 time. and i gat bulk cash lodgement sometimes base on the fact that i get some big shows seasonally. please help me with info. still got like 8months before i apply. cos i intend getting married at bout that time and we really need the holiday

Its not really about having money in your account, your condition in Nigeria has to be considered, what will you be left with after this trip? Obviously almost nothing, leaving you with nothing to fall back at after the trip to the UK.

With no strong tie to Nigeria and no steady source of income i'm not sure that your chances of getting a visa is high.

Personally...looking at the amount you have in your account....this is one trip you can afford to miss.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by vozkini(m): 11:08am On Jan 25, 2013
house greetings, justwise, vicjustice and co.
please do help me answer the following question, a friend of mine applied for administrative review to UKBA last year around ending of November 2012, the review was scanned and send through email and hard copy was send later through post office. till this moment, no response has being received.
please i wish to ask how long it will take before they will respond. its almost two months now,
please your responses are welcome.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by omabroowniee: 11:26am On Jan 25, 2013
Hi,
I am seeking some advice with regards to uk visa.i applied to visit friends in the uk in december for a short holiday (as my leave was about then)but was denied because i didnt submit payslips from my job. I am trying to reapply later this month and i need counsel. My husband wants to invite me to visit him(we got married on 29th dec) as he is based in the uk.we want to know the best way to go about this since he holds a tier 1 general which is due renewal in april after which i can come as his dependent. or should we just go ahead to apply as dependent in april when he gets a renewal?Secondly,when i did the ist application,i didnt mention him as someone i know in the uk..does this affect in anu way?
Thanks for your time. Chinky.

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.