Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,006 members, 7,953,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215322 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 5:41pm On Dec 26, 2011
dot_man:

GUYS PLS ANSWER THIS QUESTION. . .are we supposed to submit/upload a file like a copy of i-20?, did we do something wrong? hw many times can we try the emergency thing? pls somebody should just guide us on hw to do it, thanx.
can someone pls answer my questn. . .na beg i dey beg o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by webstradamus: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2011
The devil has struck!!! but he is a liar and he'll sure fail. My passport with visa was stolen yesterday and I'm billed to travel on Thursday. Pls I need advice urgently on the fastest away to get a replacement passport and visa (possibly to meet up my travel date). Pls help a brother in dire need!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by justwise(m): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
webstradamus:

The devil has struck!!! but he is a liar and he'll sure fail. My passport with visa was stolen yesterday and I'm billed to travel on Thursday. Pls I need advice urgently on the fastest away to get a replacement passport and visa (possibly to meet up my travel date). Pls help a brother in dire need!!!

You need to report it to the police immediately, get police report and use it to apply for a new passport, the same police reported will be needed by the embassy as an evidence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2011
Report the matter to the airline with the police report as justwise said so they can extend the date of your flight.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by aroy1: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2011
webstradmus

Priotity 1: Inform the US Embassy/Consulate right away!

2) File a police report and a court affidavit immediately.

3) Your ticket is, with a little doubt, non-refundable.

4) You need to get another passport, probably at the HQ in Abuja.

5) The US embassy does not do a replacement visa. You have to go for another interview and they decide your fate. In short, you are back to square one.

Did the devil overpower God when your passport was stolen? No devil struck; you were probably careless. I hope you find it before Thursday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2011
@ web how come you lost you passport with yankee visa. Please report to the police as fast as possible and do an affidavit in order for you to get a new passport back. As for your visa, you will need to go back to the embassy to know what next. whether you will reapply or they will transfer your old visa to your new passport. Take heart mehn cos i know how you will be feeling rite now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2011
dot_man:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2011
shocked WTF! How come bro? Let's talk on phone or YIM. It shall be found or settled so that you don't go for that interview again o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2011
Please where can I get the cheapest deal for flights to houston? Assistance will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 26, 2011
please when it comes to tendering a statement of account during an interview, can one use a saving account? or is it just the current account that can be used? And secondly, can a 2 weeks old statement be used? if not, then what is the least duration expected for the account statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 11:56pm On Dec 26, 2011
@Don pls go to www.wakanow.com,u ll get flights for as low as 108k, act fast
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by cophild: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2011
@impe, so sorry man, abeg nor b matter of gre, pray for Gods Favor and go again, Cheers bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 1:08am On Dec 27, 2011
leadzeal:

please when it comes to tendering a statement of account during an interview, can one use a saving account? or is it just the current account that can be used? And secondly, can a 2 weeks old statement be used? if not, then what is the least duration expected for the account statement.

You can use a savings account, but i guess the instruction says 3 or 6 months - can't remember the precise. The bottom line is that you can use a savings account. Check out the website for other details.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 1:18am On Dec 27, 2011
dot_man:

You don't need to attach anything to your mail and I think there is an instruction to that effect. Just a mail and quote stuffs like your full name, passport no, sevis no, sevis receipt no, and other important details. Also state the reason why you require an expedited interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Tosinville(m): 4:04am On Dec 27, 2011
imperiouxx:
^^^ sure mehn, luck plays a
major role when you come
across a wrong VO but if a
reasonable VO, then your
perfection plays much. Well, life
goes on

Abi? but need to pray for God's favour nxt time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 4:41am On Dec 27, 2011
1.why you select this university ?
2.what is the california or (xyz) university ??
3.how many university have u applied ??
4.why you select this university ??
5.what about other university ??
6.what was your grad ??
7.who is sponsoring you ??
8.what is your financial background ??
9.how will you survive over there ??

This 9 questions are important for any F1 visa.

But 1 question is also important that is ask rarely

10.what is your GRE/GMAT score ?? OK Best of luck to all F1 students. Prepare to these question which is important for F1 visa ,

ALL THIS QUESTIONS NEEDS ANSWER PLZZZZZZ MATES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:40am On Dec 27, 2011
@cophild & tosinv,

Thanks guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2011
pls house i need yyya help. i am new in the house. my i-20 and co hv been on the way for the past 3wks. and my interview is on the 118th jan. does i-20 take dat long to reach?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2011
speartaker:

pls house i need yyya help. i am new in the house. my i-20 and co hv been on the way for the past 3wks. and my interview is on the 118th jan. does i-20 take dat long to reach?
check the nearest nipost office to the mailing address u gave to the school during ur application if ur i-20 was sent via regular mail(unregistered mail) am sure u will find it there,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 2:23pm On Dec 27, 2011
keneyi i did. i applied for f1. my appointment is date for 18th jan abj
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by speartaker: 2:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
thanks shavel but actually it is smone dat is helpin me do it. i didnt apply to d sch directly mysef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2011
speartaker:

thanks shavel but actually it is smone dat is helpin me do it. i didnt apply to d sch directly mysef

then instruct the person incharge to do as directed!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by DonTydee: 3:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
Cophild thanks. I checked wakanow, the best I could see was 225k. Hoping to get something better sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 4:04pm On Dec 27, 2011
Student Interview at the Embassy of the United States of America

HINTS, TIPS AND PREPARATIONS

1. One thing I have found out about this visa issue over the years that matters most but it’s the secret of USA student visa but the embassy will never disclose it to the public but will rather want applicants to keep applying and paying fees so they can keep making money is AGE. Your age at the level of your studies really matters. For instance, how will an applicant at the age of 27years old convince the visa officer for genuine studies when your peers are already applying for master or even PhD. Except on rare luck cases, age matters when it comes to student visa. From experience, I will suggest you be between 19-22/23 for undergraduates. 24-27years old for masters etc.

2. As I give you questions and answers later, I will strictly advice you to be CREATIVE IN YOUR ANSWERS BECAUSE WHEN APPLICANTS GO TO THE EMBASSY GIVING SAME ANSWERS, THEN YAWHA DON GAS BE THAT O, LOL BUT ME DON DEY USA ALREADY SHA. PLEASE BE CREATIVE. MY ANSWERS ARE JUST TO GUIDE YOU AND SOMETIMES, YOU CAN ALSO FIND MY ANSWERS BEST FOR YOU CASE ALSO.

3. NEVER ATTEND ANY NON-IMMIGRANT VISA WITH UNSTAMPED INT’L PASSPORT EVEN AS A STUDENT APPLICANT. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL EXPERIENCE. YOU CAN EASILY TRAVEL TO PLACES LIKE TOGO, REPUBLIC OF BENIN AND GHANA WITHIN THE ECOWAS STATES WITHOUT A VISA, JUST AN ENTRY STAMP NEEDED.

4. Pay SEVIS fee through relatives/friends in the states or online at www.fmjfee.com. This is compulsory for all students that will be going to the states for study. The payment receipt will be sent to you and should be taken to the embassy as part of the supporting documents.

5. Look straight into the eyes of the interviewing officer throughout when answering the questions because this shows sign of confidence. However, you are not to show over confidence.

6. Dress formally. If you are male, make sure to put on shirt that will enable you stork-in and look formal.

7. At the point of interview, make sure to salute the consular office first and not allow him/her salute you first.

8. At the interview section, make sure to listen very attentively. This is because the American English is twisted (queens English). You must hear what the officer ask you at once. This gives the impression that you, as a student can cope with lectures. Don’t allow the officer ask one question twice before you get what he/she is asking. So, you have to be extra-ordinarily attentive. However, you can ask the V/O to repeat him/her self where necessary.

9. Be formal at your answers. Straight to the point of the question asked and smile where necessary.

10. The interview takes very few minutes. The interviewing officer will want to rush you up but you have to pretend as if you are a slow talker in order to slow down the officer to answer the questions correctly and accurately.

11. Please, never let poverty show on you and never portray to the officer that you will not return after your studies if at all you might not return immediately after your studies.

12. Don’t give answer that will generate other questions. If you do, questions will be generated from the answers you provide.

13. Never let the officer see traveling ambition or anxiety on your face.

14. You must have taken int’l exams e.g. Toefl for undergraduate studies. SAT, Gmat, GRE for masters depending on your major. For undergraduate students, if your school doesn’t require toefl as prerequisite for admission, the embassy might demand it sometimes and this is mostly due to spoken English of some applicants. You cannot convince the Visa Officer on student visa if you can’t speak error free English. So, you can have toefl for undergraduate to be on a safer side. Same goes to SAT, Gmat or GRE for masters program, This is a must as it is a requirement for acceptance into U.S universities.

15. Your composition. You must compose yourself at the interview. No using of offensive language. You can simply answer questions you are not sure of by saying you do not have full idea on it. Be prepared as your interview can go out of planned content but you must ensure you don’t go out of context or frame of what student visa is all about.

16. Finally, when answering questions, please do not answer questions as if you ready-made answers. Even though you already know answers to most questions (As I will share with you later), you must try as much as possible to answer as if you are hearing the questions for the first time. Otherwise, your visa will be denied simply because you are giving ready-made answers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2011
@goshen360

I really gain a lot from your above illustrtations but i want to ask you if 24 years is still good to go for undergrdautate but i have done related courses nd have so many certificte relate to my the course am going , Moreover my course is not been offered in nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Goshen360(m): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2011
rowlandoo:

@goshen360

I really gain a lot from your above illustrtations but i want to ask you if 24 years is still good to go for undergrdautate but i have done related courses nd have so many certificte relate to my the course am going , Moreover my course is not been offered in nigeria

You might be lucky if you prove your point well enough.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by dotman2(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2011
phy:

You don't need to attach anything to your mail and I think there is an instruction to that effect. Just a mail and quote stuffs like your full name, passport no, sevis no, sevis receipt no, and other important details. Also state the reason why you require an expedited interview.
thanks for d info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.