Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,805 members, 7,851,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213159 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
@liteville,

Congrates... Thanks for posting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
liteville: I also feel greatly indebted to come back here and say thank you to everyone who has at anytime contributed to this forum. I really can't count the number of times I've spent on this particular thread digesting the information in there. I read almost the entire thread starting from the "1st season" and of course the efforts have paid off. I went for my visa interview on Monday and it was approved. Below is the excerpt of the interview;

I had a little challenge before my interview. All applicants were being given a slip as we entered and we were being called for the document verification, biometrics and interview in a definite order. When I finished my biometrics and was waiting to be called for the interview, my number was skipped, I thought it was just an oversight so I didn't budge initially, but after about 6-7 people (whose number were after mine) did with my own name not called, I went to the woman who did the verification and she directed me to go to one window, where I was later directed to another window for my interview.

VO: Why have you chosen to go to the US for your studies?
Me: Because the US has a proven track record when it comes to educational advancement and they also have an excellent reputation in research activity

VO: How did you hear about the school?
Me: I came across one of their publications when I was preparing for my undergraduate research and besides a senior colleague is presently studying there.

VO: So you're working, where do you work?
Me: Told her the name of the company

VO: In what capacity
Me: Told her

VO: So how do you intend to pay for your fees
Me: Told her I got a graduate assistantship and my uncle will be paying for the rest

VO: Can I see your uncle's bank statement (before she completed the statement, she changed her mind and asked if I sat for any exam to qualify for the award and she requested to see them)
Me: Told her I sat GRE and TOEFL

VO: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes, 4 other schools

VO: Mention them
Me: I did (thereafter, she said the schools I mentioned were rather random) and I explained that they're not random, that they all have something in common, and that's a lot of expertise in my research area ( I mentioned the research area)

VO: she chuckled; I really don't know what your research area is all about anyway.

You can go and pick up your visa on Friday, sorry Thursday.
Me: I said 'thanks' and I left her window.

PS: A black American lady interviewed me. When I got there initially, she was in charge of biometrics. A couple of friends said she'd interviewed some people earlier and that she was rather nasty.

I've heard a lot of stories before I went for my interview and I must confess it's really not as scary as it seems outside. (the interview wasn't up to 5 mins) Those who couldn't express themselves clearly were denied (not like my responses flowed well, but I was able to articulate myself and I think my responses made sense) Besides studying nairaland night and day, I made a list of my own possible questions and my own responses and virtually all the questions were asked based on the one I prepared for myself.
Also, my TOEFL had expired when I went for the interview but that was the TOEFL I used to secure the admission so I felt there was no need to take another one.
Another thing is, it's been repeated times without number, the importance of writing standardized tests (GRE and TOEFL; mind you that was the only document that was requested for me), I believe it shows your academic seriousness especially if you have a good score. You may be asked and you may not, but why would you want to take chances. The only exception to this rule would be, if you have a very very good transcript (and I'm talking 1st class students here) that may be convincing as to why your GRE was waived. In my own opinion, very few good schools would give you admission without GRE and the consular officers know this as well.
Lastly, God's favor is very important, I guess one can't ask enough for this. Prepare and pray well, and I believe you'll also have a good story to share at the end of the day.
To the old and new contributors -- gongo aso, superbrain, ojap, aroy1, impreriouxx, davidylan and so many others, thank you very much.

Congrats guy wink...which consulate were u interviewed?
@gboyegaD, Leadzeal and Imperiouxx.....i wrote only TOEFL and scored 103 but didn't write GRE because the school didn't require it from me....i dunno if that will be a factor...also on my i-20 form it wasn't specified who my sponsor was and so i wanna switch to my mum as my sponsor...i used my uncle's account when applying to the school...or do i used both accounts cos on my ds-160 form i chose my mum as who will pay for my trip....i also wanna know if this won't pose any problem....thanks guys for your supports.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
walex57:

Congrats guy wink...which consulate were u interviewed?
@gboyegaD, Leadzeal and Imperiouxx.....i wrote only TOEFL and scored 103 but didn't write GRE because the school didn't require it from me....i dunno if that will be a factor...also on my i-20 form it wasn't specified who my sponsor was and so i wanna switch to my mum as my sponsor...i used my uncle's account when applying to the school...or do i used both accounts cos on my ds-160 form i chose my mum as who will pay for my trip....i also wanna know if this won't pose any problem....thanks guys for your supports.

Having 103 in teofl is no beans. So I ll say u re good to go. And to add to it, I advice you take a letter from the school indicating that d GRE is waived for u.

As regard sponsor, your mum as a sponsor wud b a gd bait for the VO since this actually indicate a strong tie to ur people at home. Since ur I-20 form don't bear any sponsor identity( but abeg double check d I-20 again) I advice u go with both but pose ur mum as d actual sponsor. The gurus in d house ll have more to add to this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
leadzeal:

Having 103 in teofl is no beans. So I ll say u re good to go. And to add to it, I advice you take a letter from the school indicating that d GRE is waived for u.

As regard sponsor, your mum as a sponsor wud b a gd bait for the VO since this actually indicate a strong tie to ur people at home. Since ur I-20 form don't bear any sponsor identity( but abeg double check d I-20 again) I advice u go with both but pose ur mum as d actual sponsor. The gurus in d house ll have more to add to this.

ok i'll send an email to the school ASAP concerning the GRE waiver..really i've checked my I-20 over twenty times sef...this is a brief on what was is on item 8:
a. stdent's personal funds $ 0.00
b. Funds from this school $ 0.00
c. Funds from another source $ Amount
Specify type: Sponsor
d. On- campus employment $0.00
Total $ Amount.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ liteville,
Congratulations!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shaanu: 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hello folks. I really appreciate the job you guys are doing...God bless you all.

My visa interview is scheduled for July 9th at 10 a.m in Lagos consulate. I have got almost all my document ready.However I have two pressing issues that I need your help towards. First, while filling the 'parents' details in the ds 160 form, I only inputted my parents' surnames and first names because their second names weren't included in my birth certificate(although they are included in their international passports). Do you think I need to fill another ds 160 form in order to include their second names? Secondly, I am still serving and hope to finish by October but I have to resume for my graduate studies by August.What job experience do I tell the fill into the ds 160 form? Should I state any salary amount or should I just tick 'does not apply'? I am afraid to pull up anything that has to do with NYSC to the VO. Please help...I will really appreciate it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:22pm On Jun 16, 2012
shaanu: Hello folks. I really appreciate the job you guys are doing...God bless you all.

My visa interview is scheduled for July 9th at 10 a.m in Lagos consulate. I have got almost all my document ready.However I have two pressing issues that I need your help towards. First, while filling the 'parents' details in the ds 160 form, I only inputted my parents' surnames and first names because their second names weren't included in my birth certificate(although they are included in their international passports). Do you think I need to fill another ds 160 form in order to include their second names? Secondly, I am still serving and hope to finish by October but I have to resume for my graduate studies by August.What job experience do I tell the fill into the ds 160 form? Should I state any salary amount or should I just tick 'does not apply'? I am afraid to pull up anything that has to do with NYSC to the VO. Please help...I will really appreciate it.
I don't think your parents middle names should be an issue...are you taking their international passports along with you....then please it's better you tick "does not apply" in the issue of salary for work experience...maybe someone may have a better and brighter idea
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
liteville: I also feel greatly indebted to come back here and say thank you to everyone who has at anytime contributed to this forum. I really can't count the number of times I've spent on this particular thread digesting the information in there. I read almost the entire thread starting from the "1st season" and of course the efforts have paid off. I went for my visa interview on Monday and it was approved. Below is the excerpt of the interview;

I had a little challenge before my interview. All applicants were being given a slip as we entered and we were being called for the document verification, biometrics and interview in a definite order. When I finished my biometrics and was waiting to be called for the interview, my number was skipped, I thought it was just an oversight so I didn't budge initially, but after about 6-7 people (whose number were after mine) did with my own name not called, I went to the woman who did the verification and she directed me to go to one window, where I was later directed to another window for my interview.

VO: Why have you chosen to go to the US for your studies?
Me: Because the US has a proven track record when it comes to educational advancement and they also have an excellent reputation in research activity

VO: How did you hear about the school?
Me: I came across one of their publications when I was preparing for my undergraduate research and besides a senior colleague is presently studying there.

VO: So you're working, where do you work?
Me: Told her the name of the company

VO: In what capacity
Me: Told her

VO: So how do you intend to pay for your fees
Me: Told her I got a graduate assistantship and my uncle will be paying for the rest

VO: Can I see your uncle's bank statement (before she completed the statement, she changed her mind and asked if I sat for any exam to qualify for the award and she requested to see them)
Me: Told her I sat GRE and TOEFL

VO: Did you apply to other schools?
Me: Yes, 4 other schools

VO: Mention them
Me: I did (thereafter, she said the schools I mentioned were rather random) and I explained that they're not random, that they all have something in common, and that's a lot of expertise in my research area ( I mentioned the research area)

VO: she chuckled; I really don't know what your research area is all about anyway.

You can go and pick up your visa on Friday, sorry Thursday.
Me: I said 'thanks' and I left her window.

PS: A black American lady interviewed me. When I got there initially, she was in charge of biometrics. A couple of friends said she'd interviewed some people earlier and that she was rather nasty.

I've heard a lot of stories before I went for my interview and I must confess it's really not as scary as it seems outside. (the interview wasn't up to 5 mins) Those who couldn't express themselves clearly were denied (not like my responses flowed well, but I was able to articulate myself and I think my responses made sense) Besides studying nairaland night and day, I made a list of my own possible questions and my own responses and virtually all the questions were asked based on the one I prepared for myself.
Also, my TOEFL had expired when I went for the interview but that was the TOEFL I used to secure the admission so I felt there was no need to take another one.
Another thing is, it's been repeated times without number, the importance of writing standardized tests (GRE and TOEFL; mind you that was the only document that was requested for me), I believe it shows your academic seriousness especially if you have a good score. You may be asked and you may not, but why would you want to take chances. The only exception to this rule would be, if you have a very very good transcript (and I'm talking 1st class students here) that may be convincing as to why your GRE was waived. In my own opinion, very few good schools would give you admission without GRE and the consular officers know this as well.
Lastly, God's favor is very important, I guess one can't ask enough for this. Prepare and pray well, and I believe you'll also have a good story to share at the end of the day.
To the old and new contributors -- gongo aso, superbrain, ojap, aroy1, impreriouxx, davidylan and so many others, thank you very much.

Congrats bro ,

How was the toefl test like , wot aspect u like or shud someone concetrate on . I guess u went for MSC rite . I am presently prepaerin for toefl on saturday . I just want a high score .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shaanu: 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
walex57:
I don't think your parents middle names should be an issue...are you taking their international passports along with you....then please it's better you tick "does not apply" in the issue of salary for work experience...maybe someone may have a better and brighter idea

Thanks Walex57. I appreciate your response.

Please anyone in da house with a similar experience as concerning the nysc matter can help out..plsss! embarassed

Walex57 thanks once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:57pm On Jun 16, 2012
shaanu:

Thanks Walex57. I appreciate your response.

Please anyone in da house with a similar experience as concerning the nysc matter can help out..plsss! embarassed

Walex57 thanks once more.

well concerning the NYSC matter, one of my friends in Florida right now said he was requested to show his NYSC certificate but i guess that should be in the aspect where there had been a very large margin before you applied to the school, If you applied immediately after you graduated, then you shouldn't have an issue as well 'cos they rarely ask for NYSC certificate. But should incase you're asked why you didn't undertake the NYSC programme, you must look for a convincing excuse ooo...don't tell them you're presently undergoing NYSC cos that may be a chance spoiler!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
Stantiques:

Congrats bro ,

How was the toefl test like , wot aspect u like or shud someone concetrate on . I guess u went for MSC rite . I am presently prepaerin for toefl on saturday . I just want a high score .

well concentrate very well on speaking section and writing, cos reading and listening are quite easy if you're not nervous...you don't really need much preparation for toefl...for reading you need speed...most questions will still refer to the passage cos they will ask on every paragraph so it's better you go straight to answering the questions instead of wasting precious time reading the passage many times...use the question to read the passage if you know what i mean, on listening, just get the main points, you can jot if u wish but i'll advice you do more of listening, for speaking just say exactly what the question requests of u...same for writing and i see you scoring more than 103 that i scored cos i fumbled a bit in the speaking segment...the first question said i should talk about a common fashion trend in my country and i talked about the Senegalese fashion being worn by women but had my voice shaking a bit...but i gained myself back in the other 5 speaking questions...just go and write it with boldness...God is with you... i had Reading:26 Listening:26, Speaking: 24 and writing: 27...without any preparation except the sample questions i downloaded from the ets website....All the best friend!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by liteville: 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
[quote author=Stantiques]

Congrats bro ,

How was the toefl test like , wot aspect u like or shud someone concetrate on . I guess u went for MSC rite . I am presently prepaerin for toefl on saturday . I just want a high score .[/quote

Just concentrate on all the sections, it's not so difficult. it's really not a big deal if you're not so nervous. It's a very basic exam, much simpler than all the english exams you've had to do!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shaanu: 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
walex57:

well concerning the NYSC matter, one of my friends in Florida right now said he was requested to show his NYSC certificate but i guess that should be in the aspect where there had been a very large margin before you applied to the school, If you applied immediately after you graduated, then you shouldn't have an issue as well 'cos they rarely ask for NYSC certificate. But should incase you're asked why you didn't undertake the NYSC programme, you must look for a convincing excuse ooo...don't tell them you're presently undergoing NYSC cos that may be a chance spoiler!

Hmmm.....roger that! I guess I will have to bring something meaningful up then. I wonder why those consular guys are like that. Despite the fact that I have no immigration intentions, I still feel scared of the interview!! It is well o.

Thanks Walex57...and by the way, have you done yours?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
walex57:

well concentrate very well on speaking section and writing, cos reading and listening are quite easy if you're not nervous...you don't really need much preparation for toefl...for reading you need speed...most questions will still refer to the passage cos they will ask on every paragraph so it's better you go straight to answering the questions instead of wasting precious time reading the passage many times...use the question to read the passage if you know what i mean, on listening, just get the main points, you can jot if u wish but i'll advice you do more of listening, for speaking just say exactly what the question requests of u...same for writing and i see you scoring more than 103 that i scored cos i fumbled a bit in the speaking segment...the first question said i should talk about a common fashion trend in my country and i talked about the Senegalese fashion being worn by women but had my voice shaking a bit...but i gained myself back in the other 5 speaking questions...just go and write it with boldness...God is with you... i had Reading:26 Listening:26, Speaking: 24 and writing: 27...without any preparation except the sample questions i downloaded from the ets website....All the best friend!

Oh good bro .
Are u going for UG or msc, which consulate office . I love ur answers to d question , I think if one can answer the 6-rst 2 questions boldly , there won't be miuch doubt . Congrats once again , SO what's ur advice to someone who had been denied 3times and still going for UG .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
@house

Gboyegad

Bro am still waiting for your email I beg so as to forward the info on my sevis to you .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
@liteville,

Congrat friend and stay blessed in your program.

@walex57,

Get a letter with respect to that before your interview and don't dull ya sef to show the letter whenever you are ask for your GRE. But for your PhD, you would still need GRE. I got full materials if you need them likewise many here that I have sent them to. About your mum as sponsor whereas that not what you use to get the admission means nothing. Go with your mum if you think that has good cash to cover your year tuition. Best of luck friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
bypassit: @House,my school resumes by August 6 and i was not able to book an early date,I had to book for sept 7 and sent an Emergency Request plus i contacted the call center and spoke with one of the US Consulate agents.She told me she saw i already sent an Emergency Request that i should wait till 22nd of this month maybe someone should attend to my request.
I am not sure how this works or of it works exactly the way they said it but i really need to get an early date for appointment.
House i need a word from you guys if there is other way to get an early date aside from Emergency request.

Were u able to get an earlier date, i am also resuming Aug 8 and i got sept 11.Please let me knw if u av any info please contact me on 07031054535.will also keep u apprise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
walex57:
It has opened and i've booked september 6 and clicked on the icon that i should be automatically rescheduled to an earlier date and i pray it works 'cos d date on my i-20 is august 27... if it doesn't i'll wait till my i-20 is 60 days to expire and i'll book for an emergency date cos my school is not accepting application for spring 2013 so i may not be able to defer it till then...please any other advice please...cos i'm confused.
@walex57
were u able to get an earlier date, i am also resuming 8 August and presently av a date for sept 11.If yes, how did u do it pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hello all
I need the help of experienced members of the house. While applying for graduate studies, I sent my father's statement of account.I also signified my father as my sponsor while filling the graduate school application form. However when I received my form I-20,the money is reflected under student's personal funds. On the ds-160 form, I signified my father as being my sponsor.I hope this won't be contradictory to what's on my form I-20 which shows students personal funds. What do you sugest I do? Do I call the school to correct the mistake? This wld be the second I-20 d school wld be sending. D 1st had an error in my dob.
Urgent responces please. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2012
samiel4u:
@phy
Please how can i view available dates?pls give me ur fone #, i need info ASAP

You simply view available dates by logging to the site and do as if you want to schedule one and you'll be able to see available days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2012
bypassit: @House,my school resumes by August 6 and i was not able to book an early date,I had to book for sept 7 and sent an Emergency Request plus i contacted the call center and spoke with one of the US Consulate agents.She told me she saw i already sent an Emergency Request that i should wait till 22nd of this month maybe someone should attend to my request.
I am not sure how this works or of it works exactly the way they said it but i really need to get an early date for appointment.
House i need a word from you guys if there is other way to get an early date aside from Emergency request.

They will surely get back to you, just wait till date and be calm. Don't show any form of desperation and that doesn't stop you from visiting the site regularly, you may be fortunate to find an earlier one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 11:23pm On Jun 16, 2012
phy:

You simply view available dates by logging to the site and do as if you want to schedule one and you'll be able to see available days.
@phy
u must cancel the previous date u have to be able to view available dates.Meaning u might be lucky to get closer date or unlucky with farther date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 11:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
phy:

You can't schedule without cancelling the previous date. . . So he can't view the available dates until he cancels his present appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2012
samiel4u:
@phy
u must cancel the previous date u have to be able to view available dates.Meaning u might be lucky to get closer date or unlucky with farther date.

well, i have someone's data i'm using at the moment and i can see available dates.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
have a colleague that went to the embassy that was denied but the green visa ticket number was attached to his passport..........what do you guys think about this base on experience...and also the guy said this question came up like

question.... from vo...since there are online courses while did u not apply for online courses? and the guy said its not for international students. and the vo asked again one more time but he repeated the same answer...so what do you think its the best answer for this question guys pls i need answers to this becos i want him to join me soon. any reponse wud be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2012
Chi-town Base:
have a colleague that went to the embassy that was denied but the green visa ticket number was attached to his passport..........what do you guys think about this base on experience...and also the guy said this question came up like

question.... from vo...since there are online courses while did u not apply for online courses? and the guy said its not for international students. and the vo asked again one more time but he repeated the same answer...so what do you think its the best answer for this question guys pls i need answers to this becos i want him to join me soon. any reponse wud be appreciated.

First, which school did the guy apply to? There is a possibility he applied to an online school if not, online classes can only be about 10-20% of your coursework and again this depends on the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
he applied to devry university...and the funny part his that his friend applied to the same school and was issued a visa last monday...but what do u think is the best answer for that question becos he has went ahead to book for emergency date....@ phy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 3:17am On Jun 17, 2012
Chi-town Base:
he applied to devry university...and the funny part his that his friend applied to the same school and was issued a visa last monday...but what do u think is the best answer for that question becos he has went ahead to book for emergency date....@ phy

Devry is majorly an online school and i guess your friend was just unfortunate to have met a VO that knows this. If asked again he could say something like 'his own particular major has about 10 percent online class as it requires a lot of classroom discussion and research'. He must however be able to defend this further. Others may have a better idea.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:43am On Jun 17, 2012
shaanu:

Hmmm.....roger that! I guess I will have to bring something meaningful up then. I wonder why those consular guys are like that. Despite the fact that I have no immigration intentions, I still feel scared of the interview!! It is well o.

Thanks Walex57...and by the way, have you done yours?

Not yet, still searching for a good date and gathering ma necessary docs before hand....don't be scared...you just go with prayer, faith and boldness...that's what I intend using sha...and i believe you'll definitely get it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:50am On Jun 17, 2012
samiel4u:
@walex57
were u able to get an earlier date, i am also resuming 8 August and presently av a date for sept 11.If yes, how did u do it pls?

Na still september 6 dey there ooo...i'm waiting till when my I-20 will be 60 days to expiration to book for emergency appointment... you can book for emergency appointment nah...make sure u attach your I-20...that means you'll have to scan your signed I-20 form and attach it to your emergency appointment message...you can only attach one file so just attach your I-20 instead. Take care bro...all of us will get very good early dates by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:58am On Jun 17, 2012
imperiouxx: @liteville,

Congrat friend and stay blessed in your program.

@walex57,

Get a letter with respect to that before your interview and don't dull ya sef to show the letter whenever you are ask for your GRE. But for your PhD, you would still need GRE. I got full materials if you need them likewise many here that I have sent them to. About your mum as sponsor whereas that not what you use to get the admission means nothing. Go with your mum if you think that has good cash to cover your year tuition. Best of luck friend.

Thanks my guy. I'm going for masters and i've sent an email to the school already concerning a letter of GRE waiver...i first booked for and appointment and got august 27 which is actually the date on my I-20 but canceled it thinking i could get and earlier date but instead got september 6 cos august 27 was not feasible for me since it'll take another 2 days to process my visa...i hope my initial cancellation won't affect my chances of getting a much earlier date. i just wannna wait till 27th of june to file for an emergency appointment. please how do you see it...cos someone said i should pay 45k and he'll get me an earlier date... do i go for this option or just bone it and wait for an emergency application time?...thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 6:04am On Jun 17, 2012
walex57:

Thanks my guy. I'm going for masters and i've sent an email to the school already concerning a letter of GRE waiver...i first booked for and appointment and got august 27 which is actually the date on my I-20 but canceled it thinking i could get and earlier date but instead got september 6 cos august 27 was not feasible for me since it'll take another 2 days to process my visa...i hope my initial cancellation won't affect my chances of getting a much earlier date. i just wannna wait till 27th of june to file for an emergency appointment. please how do you see it...cos someone said i should pay 45k and he'll get me an earlier date... do i go for this option or just bone it and wait for an emergency application time?...thanks

Pls, I will like to advise you not to pay anybody for date. Those guys don't do anything, they also check the portal for dates like any normal person. And once you give them your details they'll change your password and will be in charge of your schedule. Pls just request for emergency appointment and trust God for help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.