Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213152 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2012
walex57:

Na still september 6 dey there ooo...i'm waiting till when my I-20 will be 60 days to expiration to book for emergency appointment... you can book for emergency appointment nah...make sure u attach your I-20...that means you'll have to scan your signed I-20 form and attach it to your emergency appointment message...you can only attach one file so just attach your I-20 instead. Take care bro...all of us will get very good early dates by God's grace.
@walex57
Thanks bro, will apply for emergency date then.
@ phy
If u can view dates from your end please can let me knw if any july date open.my contacts 07031054535 and pin 27908D66.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:22am On Jun 17, 2012
phy:

well, i have someone's data i'm using at the moment and i can see available dates.

Wow what are the steps u took to be able to view available dates without camcelling ur present appointment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 17, 2012
Supzyy: Hello all
I need the help of experienced members of the house. While applying for graduate studies, I sent my father's statement of account.I also signified my father as my sponsor while filling the graduate school application form. However when I received my form I-20,the money is reflected under student's personal funds. On the ds-160 form, I signified my father as being my sponsor.I hope this won't be contradictory to what's on my form I-20 which shows students personal funds. What do you sugest I do? Do I call the school to correct the mistake? This wld be the second I-20 d school wld be sending. D 1st had an error in my dob.
Urgent responces please. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 8:14am On Jun 17, 2012
kpolli:

Wow what are the steps u took to be able to view available dates without camcelling ur present appointment?

i selected schedule an appointment, checked the non-immigrant, checked F1 and I guess the remaining ones I clicked next all through. well, i didn't ask if the person have picked a date though as i'm yet to see him online since he shared his details with me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2012
phy:

i selected schedule an appointment, checked the non-immigrant, checked F1 and I guess the remaining ones I clicked next all through. well, i didn't ask if the person have picked a date though as i'm yet to see him online since he shared his details with me.

He probably hasn't picked a date yet cos when I log in, I don't see the option to schedule but reschedule or cancel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 9:10am On Jun 17, 2012
samiel4u:

Were u able to get an earlier date, i am also resuming Aug 8 and i got sept 11.Please let me knw if u av any info please contact me on 07031054535.will also keep u apprise

Broda if you wish to follow me , I am cancelling 19th of June today so hope you can go in for that if you well of prepared
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 9:12am On Jun 17, 2012
@house

Anyone who needs date in june should be at alert , coz I will be cancelling for 19th june which is tuesday so anyone who is prepared shud let me know . I m doin this coz I have a toefl test coming up Saturday .

Hope someone is prepared for tuesday here .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 9:37am On Jun 17, 2012
Stantiques: @house

Anyone who needs date in june should be at alert , coz I will be cancelling for 19th june which is tuesday so anyone who is prepared shud let me know . I m doin this coz I have a toefl test coming up Saturday .

Hope someone is prepared for tuesday here .

Tot u wud see proof from the guy who just got his visa granted. . . He took an expired toefl and that was overlooked but if u insist on cancelling, remember the only available dates are September n October
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2012
kpolli:

Tot u wud see proof from the guy who just got his visa granted. . . He took an expired toefl and that was overlooked but if u insist on cancelling, remember the only available dates are September n October

I see oo ,
But my toefl is a Computer based , hope u understand , want to know wot the different is . Can't help to be denied at all . But if I cancel and book sept , can't I get an emergency date . More I still need to transfer my Sevis fee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2012
Stantiques:

I see oo ,
But my toefl is a Computer based , hope u understand , want to know wot the different is . Can't help to be denied at all . But if I cancel and book sept , can't I get an emergency date . More I still need to transfer my Sevis fee
U can only get emergency date if your sch resumption date is 60 days from the day u apply for emergency visa interview. Thats what the customer care center told me when i called them on friday. So if your resumption is before 17th aug, then u still hope.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
Allohrandy: U can only get emergency date if your sch resumption date is 60 days from the day u apply for emergency visa interview. Thats what the customer care center told me when i called them on friday. So if your resumption is before 17th aug, then u still hope.
Oh nice one friend
My school resumes 28th Aug . I will go ahead and cancel , can't risk the Compuiter based toefl report need an IBT . Moreover my sevis fee has to be switched

@gboyegad

Bro where are you I hope m not disturbing u , I m waiting for your email to send the Sevis infos to you . Pls get bck to me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by liteville: 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2012
Stantiques:
Oh nice one friend
My school resumes 28th Aug . I will go ahead and cancel , can't risk the Compuiter based toefl report need an IBT . Moreover my sevis fee has to be switched

@gboyegad

Bro where are you I hope m not disturbing u , I m waiting for your email to send the Sevis infos to you . Pls get bck to me

Honestly, if your gmat or gre is still valid, I really don't know why you'd want to cancel your appointment based on the expired toefl. The visa officer is not testing your english fluency, he's only interested in the exams you sat to qualify for an admission. The irony is this, you may not even be asked for the toefl at all. When I went for my interview, I gave her my GRE and TOEFL and she didn't even look at the toefl at all. Again, what was your score in the TOEFL? and I believe you still have some unresolved issues with your SEVIS - that could be why you're so bent on cancelling. The embassy is not as scary as you think it is. Just be confident and articulate your thoughts well, with prayers, it's going to be an easy ride!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 2:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
liteville:

Honestly, if your gmat or gre is still valid, I really don't know why you'd want to cancel your appointment based on the expired toefl. The visa officer is not testing your english fluency, he's only interested in the exams you sat to qualify for an admission. The irony is this, you may not even be asked for the toefl at all. When I went for my interview, I gave her my GRE and TOEFL and she didn't even look at the toefl at all. Again, what was your score in the TOEFL? and I believe you still have some unresolved issues with your SEVIS - that could be why you're so bent on cancelling. The embassy is not as scary as you think it is. Just be confident and articulate your thoughts well, with prayers, it's going to be an easy ride!

Broda thanks for the encouragin words , I m going for UG and I used computer based toefl to secure admission . Please can you help me get with DHS to transfer my sevis fee .pls check my score report if itrs like urs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by KayDee4: 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2012
conyema12:

Thank you very much for that wonderful piece of information.

And i will start as soon as possible

. . . and of course with the basic requirements for admission. You'll find this on the departmental website of whatever school you decide to apply to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2012
@house

Please help me transfer my sevis fee to my new school .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 4:02pm On Jun 17, 2012
Guys I need an advice...the automatic rescheduling stuff worked and i was initially rescheduled to august 27 but now i've been rescheduled to july 2nd at the Lagos consulate...i don't yet have my TOEFL paper score card....pls what other very important documents do i need to take along...I never even pay SEVIS fee sef...but i shld do that this week... contact me via walex57@yahoo.com...I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
shaanu:

Hmmm.....roger that! I guess I will have to bring something meaningful up then. I wonder why those consular guys are like that. Despite the fact that I have no immigration intentions, I still feel scared of the interview!! It is well o.

Thanks Walex57...and by the way, have you done yours?

C'mon forget that. We all know the next thing students do after their studies in US. With the current situation in Nigeria, you have 120% intention of not coming back to Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
Supzyy: Hello all
I need the help of experienced members of the house. While applying for graduate studies, I sent my father's statement of account.I also signified my father as my sponsor while filling the graduate school application form. However when I received my form I-20,the money is reflected under student's personal funds. On the ds-160 form, I signified my father as being my sponsor.I hope this won't be contradictory to what's on my form I-20 which shows students personal funds. What do you sugest I do? Do I call the school to correct the mistake? This wld be the second I-20 d school wld be sending. D 1st had an error in my dob.
Urgent responces please. Thanks

Mine was like that too and on the fifth line where they asked for ''Specify type'' they put family and I had no problem. Still indicate that your father is your sponsor on your DS and as usual get a letter from him. Don't worry about calling your school, it's all the same.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
imperiouxx, leadzeal Phy, Kpolii, gboyegaD....abeg make una tell me ooooo....wetin i go do...do i use the online printout for my TOEFL...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57: imperiouxx, leadzeal Phy, Kpolii, gboyegaD....abeg make una tell me ooooo....wetin i go do...do i use the online printout for my TOEFL...

I dunno about this TOEFL stuff. Others would be of good help to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shaanu: 4:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57:

Not yet, still searching for a good date and gathering ma necessary docs before hand....don't be scared...you just go with prayer, faith and boldness...that's what I intend using sha...and i believe you'll definitely get it.

Hmm...it is well o. I hope you get a good one bro. Thanks jare...I am trusting God for the best.

@ imperioux hahaaa...I know that's the trend but it aint the same for everyone o. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2012
shaanu:

Hmm...it is well o. I hope you get a good one bro. Thanks jare...I am trusting God for the best.

@ imperioux hahaaa...I know that's the trend but it aint the same for everyone o. smiley

My bro, forget. After few months here also with the money you spent on studies, you won't be able to cope with Nigeria offers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by profGinger: 5:17pm On Jun 17, 2012
My mum want to know how she can pay my servs fee she is in usa now with wetern union.what is the processs house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
All those that apply for emergency visa last week should check their mail. My initial date was august 23 but i was reshedule to july 2 in lagos. The most funny thing is that i have not yet paid my sevis fee. Can anyone pls direct me to any reliable agent where i can pay the sevis in lagos or ph.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2012
Allohrandy: All those that apply for emergency visa last week should check their mail. My initial date was august 23 but i was reshedule to july 2 in lagos. The most funny thing is that i have not yet paid my sevis fee. Can anyone pls direct me to any reliable agent where i can pay the sevis in lagos or ph.
I was also rescheduled to july 2nd but didn't use emergency stuff...i never pay my sevis fee too but i heard it can be paid in cotonou with western union or if you know someone in the usa...scan your I-20 to the person and let the person go to fmjfee.com and pay it via credit card for you...cheers@profginger also
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57: imperiouxx, leadzeal Phy, Kpolii, gboyegaD....abeg make una tell me ooooo....wetin i go do...do i use the online printout for my TOEFL...

use online dats what i used during my time..........
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57:
I was also rescheduled to july 2nd but didn't use emergency stuff...i never pay my sevis fee too but i heard it can be paid in cotonou with western union or if you know someone in the usa...scan your I-20 to the person and let the person go to fmjfee.com and pay it via credit card for you...cheers@profginger also

Even in the US, credit card can't be used to pay SEVIS for Nigerians, the person can only use western union or bank transfer for him.

profGinger: My mum want to know how she can pay my servs fee she is in usa now with wetern union.what is the processs house.

Do as walex57 said and she pays it through western with the info on your I-20. She will also need your passport number. If possible you can get her a sample on the sevp site on how to fill the western union teller but it is simple sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Even in the US, credit card can't be used to pay SEVIS for Nigerians, the person can only use western union or bank transfer for him.
Ok thanks that means i'm going to cotonou asap...imperiouxx thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57:
Ok thanks that means i'm going to cotonou asap...imperiouxx thanks a lot

Yes sir, if that's your only means. That was how I paid mine last October.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
Yes ofcourse get it printed out. Get your password and username handy too.. And if d VO is nt buying it, tell her to log on to ets.org(slash)toefl. And give her dat two information.

I don't expect her to ve d time to do it but it ll send an affirmative signal dat u did take d toefl exam. And to note, don't b surprise she does log on to d site as u said. *smile*

Congrates dude on d early date

Success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shaanu: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

My bro, forget. After few months here also with the money you spent on studies, you won't be able to cope with Nigeria offers.

After thinking it through,I think I have no other choice than to concur... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2012
phy:

Devry is majorly an online school and i guess your friend was just unfortunate to have met a VO that knows this. If asked again he could say something like 'his own particular major has about 10 percent online class as it requires a lot of classroom discussion and research'. He must however be able to defend this further. Others may have a better idea.

Thanks for the advice.....i appreciate @ phy

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.