Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:40 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213163 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2012
leadzeal:
Yes ofcourse get it printed out. Get your password and username handy too.. And if d VO is nt buying it, tell her to log on to ets.org(slash)toefl. And give her dat two information.

I don't expect her to ve d time to do it but it ll send an affirmative signal dat u did take d toefl exam. And to note, don't b surprise she does log on to d site as u said. *smile*

Congrates dude on d early date

Success

Thanks Guy...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
shaanu:

After thinking it through,I think I have no other choice than to concur... grin

lolz grin wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

lolz grin wink

@shaanu...lollzzzz...no nah when you finish...carry ya bags come back to Naija no worry Dangote go employ you.... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:05pm On Jun 17, 2012
To those contemplating Cotonou option for sevis fee payment, I advice you should be smart and rugged. Because that cotonou way mehnnn... E nor easy, its like a war... If you aren't smart those people (customs & the other thieves) will end up scaring you and collect all the money on you including your sevis fee money self.

I am not saying this to scare anybody but it is just the reality. I advice that you shouldn't talk to anybody on the way, don't even enter bike,( for the distance from where you alighted from bus to the EcoBank is a trekable distance) ...they are all agents, they have a way of signalling to the Customs and securities agents to stop you. Don't even go with your international passport self (go with photocopy and it has to be hidden)..if you do, ah, they will seize it and end up delaying you and afterall scare you and demand for money from you...

Me just dey give advice based on what my eyes saw on my way there. But to the glory of God, I went uncrashed and came back on same record, as I was able to beat more than 10 check points to and fro .... Na God ooo.
Best of Luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Yes sir, if that's your only means. That was how I paid mine last October.
Thanks for your info. Because i just called my uncle in US to pay it thru credit card. I have never been to Cotonou. Can u please tell me how to get to their office from lagos. The documents i need to carry alone, The currency i need to pay with. And how long it takes to process it. I hope i can get it process b4 july 2nd.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2012
deevick246: To those contemplating Cotonou option for sevis fee payment, I advice you should be smart and rugged. Because that cotonou way mehnnn... E nor easy, its like a war... If you aren't smart those people (customs & the other thieves) will end up scaring you and collect all the money on you including your sevis fee money self.

I am not saying this to scare anybody but it is just the reality. I advice that you shouldn't talk to anybody on the way, don't even enter bike,( for the distance from where you alighted from bus to the EcoBank is a trekable distance) ...they are all agents, they have a way of signalling to the Customs and securities agents to stop you. Don't even go with your international passport self (go with photocopy and it has to be hidden)..if you do, ah, they will seize it and end up delaying you and afterall scare you and demand for money from you...

Me just dey give advice based on what my eyes saw on my way there. But to the glory of God, I went uncrashed and came back on same record, as I was able to beat more than 10 check points to and fro .... Na God ooo.
Best of Luck.

Thanks for the advice bro...i should go to idiroko in ogun state cos my sis works in a bank there then i'll from there go to cotonou cos my sister's hubby knows all the custom guys there...i just know favour will follow me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57:

Thanks for the advice bro...i should go to idiroko in ogun state cos my sis works in a bank there then i'll from there go to cotonou cos my sister's hubby knows all the custom guys there...i just know favour will follow me

Okay, but I don't know about the idi-iroko route to cotonou. I only know of the Mile2 route. From Mile2 garage or so or better still you ask from anyone at Mile2 where you can board Cotonou transport. It shouldn't be more than N600.
Best of Luck. God would see you through.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2012
@house
You guys are the best, seun read through this chat room and called me to notify me that july dates are out.
I cancelled my initial appoitment of Aug 24th and got July 16th cheesy
Now its countdown to my interview date,
Oya imperiouxx, deevick,leadzeal, phy, prf ginger e.t.c make una com ginger me how una do am oooo
my YIM is samiel4u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2012
deevick246:

Okay, but I don't know about the idi-iroko route to cotonou. I only know of the Mile2 route. From Mile2 garage or so or better still you ask from anyone at Mile2 where you can board Cotonou transport. It shouldn't be more than N600.
Best of Luck. God would see you through.
what are the documents do i need to take alone. Is the payment in naira or dollars?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
samiel4u: @house
You guys are the best, seun read through this chat room and called me to notify me that july dates are out.
Oya imperiouxx, deevick,leadzeal, phy, prf ginger e.t.c make una com ginger me how una do am oooo
my YIM is samiel4u.

Congrat. on your appointment date. However, if you are new to the visa interview experience. I will strongly advice you go and start reading from the Part1 of this thread. For there are loads of invaluable information there for your consumption.
On a lighter note, but you get levels for NL, for Seun, the CEO of NL to call you say July date don dey available, na e be say you are really mouthed smiley smiley smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
my YIM is samiel4u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2012
Allohrandy: what are the documents do i need to take alone. Is the payment in naira or dollars?

Just 2 items basically, which are PHOTOCOPIES of your international passport page and i-20 form. The EcoBank only accept their 'sefa' currency. You can easily get the money changed to their currency when you make your way through into Cotonou town. Even then you still need to be careful. I don't really know how to emphasis this. You need to keep these items (photocopy of i-20, passport page & the money) keep this items well, don't let those peeps sight them on you. Be tactical and smart. Again I wish you all the best in your adventure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2012
deevick246:

Just 2 items basically, which are PHOTOCOPIES of your international passport page and i-20 form. Please, keep this items well, don't let those peeps sight them on you. Be tactical and smart. Again I wish you all the best in your adventure.
thanks for your info. But can i pay at the bank in naira or must it be in dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
Allohrandy: thanks for your info. But can i pay at the bank in naira or must it be in dollars

See my modified post above as reply to this question of yours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2012
Allohrandy: thanks for your info. But can i pay at the bank in naira or must it be in dollars

The guy working in the bank or the security guy at the gate of the Ecobank will tell you precisely how much the exchange rate of Nigerian naira to Cefa to pay the SEVIS $200. The exchange place is in the market you see along the road to the bank. Everything just within the same place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by conyema12(m): 9:17pm On Jun 17, 2012
Kay-Dee:

. . . and of course with the basic requirements for admission. You'll find this on the departmental website of whatever school you decide to apply to.

Thanx Bros, So far I have been able to get some schools and I have aslo checked their basic requirements...

Preparing for my GRE and TOEFL, i have from now till august to write them and seal my application..
Thanx once more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 9:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
Please asides DS-160 form do i need to fill the DS-156 and DS-157 forms..pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2012
deevick246:

Congrat. on your appointment date. However, if you are new to the visa interview experience. I will strongly advice you go and start reading from the Part1 of this thread. For there are loads of invaluable information there for your consumption.
On a lighter note, but you get levels for NL, for Seun, the CEO of NL to call you say July date don dey available, na e be say you are really mouthed smiley smiley smiley
@deevick....Thanks for the info, will peruse the part 1 of dis forum
I no think say na seun NL call me o, but super thanks to Seun for his kindness.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2012
my YIM is samiel4u.

R there still July dates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2012
@ walex57 and others who are going for sevis payment at coutonou. You have to be very careful and smart as said earlier. never give your money to your bike man to hold for you as he takes you across the border. They are all sly crooks. never go along with any original document as this may be siezed and you will be asked to bail it out with your money. let the bike man the border know that you have a customer at the bank and any money collected from you by the touts on the way would be refunded by him. you wont encounter any serious problems coming back into nigeria. you can go with naira which can be changed to CFA in the market close to the bank. I was asked to pay 120,000 cfa when i paid mine on 29th may. i changed this for N38,040. u can change this for cheaper in lagos. just leave some allowance cos of rate changes. Overall, its a nice experience, but not for the faint at heart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
Supzyy: @ walex57 and others who are going for sevis payment at coutonou. You have to be very careful and smart as said earlier. never give your money to your bike man to hold for you as he takes you across the border. They are all sly crooks. never go along with any original document as this may be siezed and you will be asked to bail it out with your money. let the bike man the border know that you have a customer at the bank and any money collected from you by the touts on the way would be refunded by him. you wont encounter any serious problems coming back into nigeria. you can go with naira which can be changed to CFA in the market close to the bank. I was asked to pay 120,000 cfa when i paid mine on 29th may. i changed this for N38,040. u can change this for cheaper in lagos. just leave some allowance cos of rate changes. Overall, its a nice experience, but not for the faint at heart.

Thanks Supzyy...i'll be extra careful and go with only photocopies...i've been to cotonou once before and i'll be very careful...Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
@imperiouxx....., there was nothing under my funds from other sources. no sponsor indicated. the whole money was reflected under students personal funds.
i was concerned this might give the consular the idea that i am sponsoring myself and it would also be contradictory to the info on my ds 160 where i listed my dad as the sponsor. I think its an error on the part of the school,if it won't have any serious consequence on d outcome of the interview, i can overlook it. but if not, i don't want to leave anythin to chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2012
walex57: imperiouxx, leadzeal Phy, Kpolii, gboyegaD....abeg make una tell me ooooo....wetin i go do...do i use the online printout for my TOEFL...

Online printout will be fine. All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by felatilewa: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2012
pls by july i will be going to abuja for my f-1 visa interview, pls are the neccessary document that i will need to take there and what are their major questions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by felatilewa: 1:07am On Jun 18, 2012
july 18 is my interview in abuja, ls what are the necessary documents to go along with and what are their frequently asked question? Thankx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 1:14am On Jun 18, 2012
felatilewa: july 18 is my interview in abuja, ls what are the necessary documents to go along with and what are their frequently asked question? Thankx.
@felatilewa
spend time going thru this previous post on this forum.they are really high yield with testimonies from people that used it
https://www.nairaland.com/240241/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries.
All the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Stantiques: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2012
Pls anyone that know abt available date ib july shud pls let mw know .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shaanu: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2012
walex57:

@shaanu...lollzzzz...no nah when you finish...carry ya bags come back to Naija no worry Dangote go employ you.... grin

@ walex57 haba! Take it easy on your brotherman nah! You mean me gann o..And please don't get it all twisted o...Good jobs are also in Naija..but ehm..ehm...let visa surface first..we will cross the bridge when we get there.. grin And how far with the sevis payment? Just wise up according to what the people in da house have said o..I pray it goes well. wink

@ imperiouxx how are you doing? wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:19am On Jun 18, 2012
@ All,
There is a massive availability of JULY appointment dates at the Lagos Embassy now. There is 2nd to 31st July,2012 available dates right now. If you have a date that you feel is not favourable to you quickly go and cancel it and then schedule a favourable date for yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2012
deevick246: @ All,
There is a massive availability of JULY appointment dates at the Lagos Embassy now. There is 2nd to 31st July,2012 available dates right now. If you have a date that you feel is not favourable to you quickly go and cancel it and then schedule a favourable date for yourself.

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Thanks for the info. . . . rescheduled my 15th August to July

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.