Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212310 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bobell: 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
Best of Luck to those going for there interviews tommorow...pray u all see the Favour of God cos that's the main important thing oooooooo while my is stil loading.......Aug 1st can't wait...success success success...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
dr_dolittle: Comrade Imperiouxx and other housemates abeg send me GRE and TOEFL materials. I wanna give a friend of mine who is preparing for them. Thanks a lot.

Email: mails2dolittle@gmail dot com

Just as I was about sending everything I noticed you use gmail. It will bounce back. So gimme yahoo id and get it done soonest. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Thanks guys, I've been able to make the payment.
I'll come back here on Monday to share how the interview went.
Pls wish my wife good luck.
kay-pawpaw:
My peeps, this is rather urgent now.
My wife got admission into wright state Uni and we have done all necessary processes.
Now we need to pay for sevis as her interview is on Monday and the instruction says she must pay for sevis at least three working days before the interview.
We tried online but the system is t receiving credit card except cashier's cheque, money order or western union.
Please helllllppppppp!!!!!!
dr_dolittle: Hello.If you have someone in the US,ask d person to send them a cheque addressed to SEVIS through a courier company..It should get to them on thursday.Then u can print d receipt on friday or saturday.Pls do that today if u dont wanna jeopardize your wife's visa.
imperiouxx: ^^^ Na now rushing come start. grin He has just few days left to decide whether wify gets it or not by himself. grin He can't send payment to US today anymore. Well, you guys should describe the way to the border for him.
kpolli:

Why did u wait till now?
dr_dolittle:

Well, I think Seme border would be the best bet too but I hope he can cope with the challenges there.

To whom it may concern: Please you have to go pay in ECOBANK in cotonou.

To the experienced people in the house : I beg help our bros o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're packing up food to go to America?
You're wasting money. Those food will be thrown out once you land here.
we're discussing something different...i'm not taking food to america...go through previous posts so that you'll understand! undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennix73: 8:13pm On Jul 17, 2012
please house I will be making payment to wakanow.com for a flight to USA tomorow. Is wakanow genuine?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
My good people I finally got my reciept online, thank you to everyone dat helped.
Pls dis is wat I have ready for d interview

Passport
I-20
Sevis reciept
Gtb reciept
Passport foto
DS confirmation page
Interview appointment print out
Statement of account of sponsor
Original WAEC
Transcript
SAT result

Pls advice me if am missing anytin.
Thank you house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:19pm On Jul 17, 2012
leadzeal:

Wetin u go knw say na many students go dey fly during dis period. So definitely pre flight period u go fit chat urself with a good number but d big question na whether una seat dey together. If na 2 old people den sandwish u put, den oyo lo wa ni yen. We don't knw for a certain when we go leave sef, but definitely btw first aNd second week of august.
abeg leadzeal which airline u wan use...make we travel, book and all nairalanders abeg ooo make we chat on how we go move
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
imperiouxx: You new guys shouldn't pack dry akpanla and garri while coming to US ooo. If caught at entry, your stuffs would be seized, trashed and you pay fine. If you need garri (nice one ooo), ground egusi, palm oil, ogbonor, tinko, okra (americans dey fry their own eat like fried fish) etc dem dey sell them fine fine in US. You fit no see ponmo but good shaki dey for Walmart and other stores. Moreover, US is home of different kinda food, you go eat and eat till you can't no more.....That's if your intention is real and you are on good standing ooo. But if not and you go astray like noise from a big speaker, you go.... well, you know how person wey struggle reach lagos dey face am nau.

@Mrs,

GRE material sent.

My guyyyy.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin....shei shawa, alaran and agbodo dey there sha.... grin grin grin grin grin grin....abeg call me tonyt ooo make we yarn...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 8:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
imperiouxx:

Just as I was about sending everything I noticed you use gmail. It will bounce back. So gimme yahoo id and get it done soonest. Cheers!

Ok brov..you can send it to: mails2dolittle@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 8:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
kay-pawpaw:
Thanks guys, I've been able to make the payment.
I'll come back here on Monday to share how the interview went.
Pls wish my wife good luck.

It is well bro.God will favour you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Guys...whats trending for ticket fare? I saw Emirate at $1087, anybody got any better deal than this.
Congrats to those that av gotten their visa and those that will be getting.
God will make us all bigger.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hi house,
I'll lile to know d procedure if someone dat got visa for fall term decided not to go and deferr till january.When a new i-20 is issued,will there b need to do interview again since d visa is very valid.
Pls advise house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
samiel4u: Guys...whats trending for ticket fare? I saw Emirate at $1087, anybody got any better deal than this.

Are you serious? Where did you find emirates flight that cheap at this period? When do you intend flying? It is a good price at this time o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:38pm On Jul 17, 2012
walex57: For those looking for cheap flight...there's eygptair flight from Lagos to New york on the 12th of august for N164K, this is very cheap take hold of this opportunity...and then you can connect any flight from new york....if you're interested book now... go to wakanow.com

Are you sure they convery students one way? Kindly confirm before you make payment oooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2012
walex57:
me sef still dey reason am...me never fly before oooo....and i'll want my first time to be memorable not boring

It wouldn't be boring trust me. Just ensure say your phone dey well charged and you get enough games to play while on board. Besides, you fit make friends on board and you guys get to talk about anything and everything.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
Na wa O:

@wale haba u want carry ur unilorin parol go america ni.L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿

No mind the guy. He dey use me catch trips for him mind. But now me and the yeye guys dem no dey talk again even if I greet them, dem find am difficult to respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
imperiouxx: You new guys shouldn't pack dry akpanla and garri while coming to US ooo. If caught at entry, your stuffs would be seized, trashed and you pay fine. If you need garri (nice one ooo), ground egusi, palm oil, ogbonor, tinko, okra (americans dey fry their own eat like fried fish) etc dem dey sell them fine fine in US. You fit no see ponmo but good shaki dey for Walmart and other stores. Moreover, US is home of different kinda food, you go eat and eat till you can't no more.....That's if your intention is real and you are on good standing ooo. But if not and you go astray like noise from a big speaker, you go.... well, you know how person wey struggle reach lagos dey face am nau.

@Mrs,

GRE material sent.

Why can't they pack food stuff? The only challenge is some food stuff are contraband and those are the food items that are seized and thrashed. I brought in food stuff, my mom brings food stuff each time she visits and also many people I know. Like they advise, noodles, snail and poultry products are not allowed into the US and it is even in the I-94 card.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2012
samiel4u: Guys...whats trending for ticket fare? I saw Emirate at $1087, anybody got any better deal than this.

pls what date is the emirates flight for $1085 flying...that's a cool deal but i need to know when
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
GboyegaD:

Are you sure they convery students one way? Kindly confirm before you make payment oooo.
Bros ooo..thanks...how do i know if they convey students one way...cos it was one way i searched for...abeg tell me ooo...mi o fe shi flight wo ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by SJames: 11:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
This is my very first post on this FORUM: it's about my INTERVIEW, yesterday in Lagos, and how I got my VISA - so simple, so smooth, so 'GOD'!

ME: Good afternoon Sir!

VO: Good afternoon, please pass your documents

ME: Documents passed

VO: Why are you going to US?

ME: I'm going for my Maser's Degree in Electrical Engineering (I avoided mentioning my major, Renewable Energy; if he needs to know that, he should ask...shikena.)

VO: What did you do in your undergraduate?

ME: I did Electrical(forgot to add electronic) Engineering

VO: Which School?

ME: 'am sorry I didn't hear that (I didn't want to assume nothing)

VO: Which School was that? (now I heard the question clearly)

ME: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife

VO: So, where are you going in US?

ME: Said(At this point he already tore the green part of my ticket, but I didn't focus on that)

VO: What year did you finish?

ME: 2009(I actually wrote my final paper on February 6, 2010 but 2009 was the official year printed on my certificate...so, I went with that, no story...no time)

VO: So what have you been doing?

ME: 'have been working with ABC Nigeria Limited, a systems integration company)

VO: What do they do?

ME: Access Control, CCTV, IPTV...cut me

VO: Did you write any test?

ME: Yes I did(I waited for him to tell me to bring it before showing him...)

VO: Can I see the score sheet?

ME: Sure!!!(gave him)

VO: So, who is sponsoring you

ME: My Uncle

VO: What does he do?

ME: He is an oil marketer....owns petrol stations actually

VO: Can I have his statement?

ME: Yes(passed it)

VO: You know of the 30days Entry Rule (Nodded my head)...Ok, Safe trip to US, you can pick your VISA on Thursday

************************ S M I L E S *********************************************
(Those Security guys collected money from me o...despite a bold board warning they should never do that...Naija sha...but I gladly gave them too...lolz)

SUMMARY

1. There was nothing about home tie question/answer in all of those stuffs...prepare to answer it confidently just in case it comes but please note that: God can by-pass rules, #HE did in my case! So, here is the answer I had prepared for a home tie kinda question: The Federal Government is planning a massive investment on Renewable Energy as the alternative solution to the power challenge, there are very few experts available in the field now...I want to be part of the first implementation engineers here in Nigeria...it's a huge opportunity coming back home and I want to seize it now. If your RESEARCH AREA is not indicated on your I-20(which I doubt), pick up an area of interest that sounds convincing, even to you...who tells you I will end up studying renewable energy? US Education is damn too flexible...so help yourself, avoid plenty technical terms.

2. Here written, the interview looks like a long one. But no, I spent less than 2 minutes; before the end of the first minute, he already tore my pickup ticket. What I think: They know what they are looking for...once they see it, every other thing is secondary. Be calm, go straight to the answers, don't try to impress...dress simple, be confident and above all trust GOD (not those papers you have packed together to prove a point...I had close to 50 of them, only 2 were asked). #GOD FACTOR

3. I had a guy beside me who expressed his preference for a VO that was more lenient, not because he wasn't denying VISA but because he still listened to your case...maybe your foolishness too. So I told my one-minute-friend: calm down, take your mind off facts and figures. FEAR only steals your confidence and increases your chances of being denied. The harsh guy he was avoiding (cos the guy was denying a lot of people) interviewed me and I got my VISA...didn't wait for his own turn so can't say nothing about his interview. Some people avoid Lagos, maybe some Abuja...I think you are only paying t-fare for your FEAR. The worst is: You get denied & you re-apply and they give you the VISA...You would't quit at this stage now, will you? So take some breath and hope in GOD...Feed your FAITH to fat and stab your FEAR to death!

I almost gave-up but for God. Now, I know how our mind works...you will be tempted to start comparing profiles to determine your own chances. Maybe you shouldn't go that way! God created us unique, that's why your credentials may be different from mine, let him direct you on where to turn...Leaving Naija for America is no joke, beyond the paparazzi. Sounding too spiritual? Sorry, that's how I'm wired-up.

Ok, America is calling me...have gat to go mehn...lolz
All the very best to everyone, all genuine pursuit included.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
walex57:
Bros ooo..thanks...how do i know if they convey students one way...cos it was one way i searched for...abeg tell me ooo...mi o fe shi flight wo ooo

All airlines allow one way, however in order to discourage this is some cases they make the one way price more or about the same to return.

As per food,
There may be some restrictions, but for someone like me, I brought food stuffs that lasted almost 2 months. This includes panla, cray fish, dried fish and all the smelly stuffs and non was seized at the POE. Just package your food well and when asked, tell them you have food in the bag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 11:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
Guys, got this link from one the early post in this forum.
www.cheapair.com
Emirate flight for as $1087 on 31st july, $1083 on the 1st and 2nd august.
return tickets are as low as $1680.
...Will appreciate any deal better than dis house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 12:54am On Jul 18, 2012
SJames: This is my very first post on this FORUM: it's about my INTERVIEW, yesterday in Lagos, and how I got my VISA - so simple, so smooth, so 'GOD'!

ME: I'm going for my Maser's Degree in Electrical Engineering (I avoided mentioning my major, Renewable Energy; if he needs to know that, he should ask...shikena.)

ME: Said(At this point he already tore the green part of my ticket, but I didn't focus on that)

ME: 2009(I actually wrote my final paper on February 6, 2010 but 2009 was the official year printed on my certificate...so, I went with that, no story...no time)

VO: You know of the 30days Entry Rule (Nodded my head)...Ok, Safe trip to US, you can pick your VISA on Thursday

************************ S M I L E S *********************************************
(Those Security guys collected money from me o...despite a bold board warning they should never do that...Naija sha...but I gladly gave them too...lolz)

SUMMARY

1. There was nothing about home tie question/answer in all of those stuffs...prepare to answer it confidently just in case it comes but please note that: God can by-pass rules, #HE did in my case! So, here is the answer I had prepared for a home tie kinda question: The Federal Government is planning a massive investment on Renewable Energy as the alternative solution to the power challenge, there are very few experts available in the field now...I want to be part of the first implementation engineers here in Nigeria...it's a huge opportunity coming back home and I want to seize it now. If your RESEARCH AREA is not indicated on your I-20(which I doubt), pick up an area of interest that sounds convincing, even to you...who tells you I will end up studying renewable energy US Education is damn too flexible...so help yourself, avoid plenty technical terms.

2. Here written, the interview looks like a long one. But no, I spent less than 2 minutes; before the end of the first minute, he already tore my pickup ticket. What I think: They know what they are looking for...once they see it, every other thing is secondary. Be calm, go straight to the answers, don't try to impress...dress simple, be confident and above all trust GOD (not those papers you have packed together to prove a point...I had close to 50 of them, only 2 were asked). #GOD FACTOR

3. I had a guy beside me who expressed his preference for a VO that was more lenient, not because he wasn't denying VISA but because he still listened to your case...maybe your foolishness too. So I told my one-minute-friend: calm down, take your mind off facts and figures. FEAR only steals your confidence and increases your chances of being denied. The harsh guy he was avoiding (cos the guy was denying a lot of people) interviewed me and I got my VISA...didn't wait for his own turn so can't say nothing about his interview. Some people avoid Lagos, maybe some Abuja...I think you are only paying t-fare for your FEAR. The worst is: You get denied & you re-apply and they give you the VISA...You would't quit at this stage now, will you So take some break and hope in GOD...Feed your FAITH to fat and stab your FEAR to death!

I almost gave-up but for God. Now, I know how our mind works...you will be tempted to start comparing profiles to determine your own chances. Maybe you shouldn't go that way! God created us unique, that's why your credentials may be different from mine, let him direct you on where to turn...Leaving Naija for America is no joke, beyond the paparazzi. Sounding too spiritual? Sorry, that's how I'm wired-up.

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by tony44: 2:41am On Jul 18, 2012
please i have a space for remarks on my i-20 am i supposed to leave it blank..l mean is that spae for the vo?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:30am On Jul 18, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Ok brov..you can send it to: mails2dolittle@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot.

All sent. Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by webstradamus: 5:51am On Jul 18, 2012
imperiouxx: @webstradamus,

wetin you dey do here this morning?

Just passing by wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:55am On Jul 18, 2012
webstradamus:

Just passing by wink

Then I throw way salute o my oga.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by tony44: 6:32am On Jul 18, 2012
@imperiuxx please add me up on yahoo...tonad55@yahoo.com..I woild love to chat with you..or drop your email..please it's urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:11am On Jul 18, 2012
tony44: please i have a space for remarks on my i-20 am i supposed to leave it blank..l mean is that spae for the vo?

Leave it blank oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnythinCanHapen: 7:30am On Jul 18, 2012
SJames: This is my very first post on this FORUM: it's about my INTERVIEW, yesterday in Lagos, and how I got my VISA - so simple, so smooth, so 'GOD'!

SUMMARY

1. There was nothing about home tie question/answer in all of those stuffs...prepare to answer it confidently just in case it comes but please note that: God can by-pass rules, #HE did in my case! So, here is the answer I had prepared for a home tie kinda question: The Federal Government is planning a massive investment on Renewable Energy as the alternative solution to the power challenge, there are very few experts available in the field now...I want to be part of the first implementation engineers here in Nigeria...it's a huge opportunity coming back home and I want to seize it now. If your RESEARCH AREA is not indicated on your I-20(which I doubt), pick up an area of interest that sounds convincing, even to you...who tells you I will end up studying renewable energy US Education is damn too flexible...so help yourself, avoid plenty technical terms.

3. I had a guy beside me who expressed his preference for a VO that was more lenient, not because he wasn't denying VISA but because he still listened to your case...maybe your foolishness too. So I told my one-minute-friend: calm down, take your mind off facts and figures. FEAR only steals your confidence and increases your chances of being denied. The harsh guy he was avoiding (cos the guy was denying a lot of people) interviewed me and I got my VISA...didn't wait for his own turn so can't say nothing about his interview. Some people avoid Lagos, maybe some Abuja...I think you are only paying t-fare for your FEAR. The worst is: You get denied & you re-apply and they give you the VISA...You would't quit at this stage now, will you So take some break and hope in GOD...Feed your FAITH to fat and stab your FEAR to death!

congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 8:01am On Jul 18, 2012
tony44: please i have a space for remarks on my i-20 am i supposed to leave it blank..l mean is that spae for the vo?
Tony Tony...Dat space na for God to sign put. grin So pls do us the favour of just doing your part ALONE!

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa / Where Are Nigerians In Australia .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.