Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212731 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 3:47am On Jul 16, 2012
kennix73: NB: Please first Impression matters, dress well.

I agree with your comment above and I just hope my people understand the meaning of dressing well? It's not by "knacking" tie and new suit that probably still has the price label with an evidently "gator-ed" pants o ... You don't really need that.

One should simply dress looking responsible. Any dressing ranging from business casual to formal is ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 3:54am On Jul 16, 2012
yankison:

Have u gone for the interview before
yes,twice last year,dis is ma 3rd trial,I hope I get it dis time though(and pls y did u ask)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Square65: 4:10am On Jul 16, 2012
imperiouxx:

Why getting greyhound bus isn't as easy as it seems? I'm curious. May be I'll stop taking greyhound next time I'm planning to go to Houston.

Me sef wonder o ...

PS
You mean you came to Houston? Pls lemme this next time o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2012
housemates
I just got my F1 visa at the US embassy in lagos.
Will put up my experience soon.
Thanks to you all, Nairaland is KEY to yankee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bobell: 11:08am On Jul 16, 2012
samiel4u: housemates

Congratulations 2u bro....u UG or Graduate...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2012

Congratulations to you man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 16, 2012
Congrates samiel4u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by demmyrulz(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2012

Congrats. Post your experience with the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2012

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
House I have been following this thread , but still find it hard with what to tell the VO , why am just going for undergraduate . I am thinking of saying that my major is not been offered as 4year degree here ,so I have been taking diploma courses and certification while working as an IT administrator in my Church .

Please how does this sounds . Well informed?

Pls put more lite ma bosses in the house .

Congrats to the successful guys in the house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2012

Congrats Doctor. I've been waiting for this good news . (Seun).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
I say congrat till I can't say it no more. Now I'm saying a big congrat and congrat in advance because I know many good news still coming.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
@house pls i nid immediate response, the school i applied to mistakenly sent me the wrong sevis number, and i have already used the sevis number to fill my ds-160 and submitted it already, i have even booked an appointment already. Is there a way i can change it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house pls i nid immediate response, the school i applied to mistakenly sent me the wrong sevis number, and i have already used the sevis number to fill my ds-160 and submitted it already, i have even booked an appointment already. Is there a way i can change it.

Refill the DS160. . . aka submit another one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
I knew you would get it also...congrats bro...post am make we hear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
kpolli:

Refill the DS160. . . aka submit another one
won't it affect the appointment i hv booked already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house pls i nid immediate response, the school i applied to mistakenly sent me the wrong sevis number, and i have already used the sevis number to fill my ds-160 and submitted it already, i have even booked an appointment already. Is there a way i can change it.

You can fill DS160 as many times as possible. Change it on your profile and generate a new Appointment letter. Please, be careful not to cancel your appointment. Know what you are clicking o. For the sake of people that will be reading this in future, don't submit you DS160 on time so that you won't be wasting time changing your DS160 application number on your usatraveldocs page and also be wasting time refilling all over. Just save the DS160 and you can always continue/edit later. All that will be requested from you if you want to continue is your ds160 application number, Security question's answer and first five letter of your surname. Just try and submit a week to the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
jimtosam:

You can fill DS160 as many times as possible. Change it on your profile and generate a new Appointment letter. Please, be careful not to cancel your appointment. Know what you are clicking o. For the sake of people that will be reading this in future, don't submit you DS160 on time so that you won't be wasting time changing your DS160 application number on your usatraveldocs page and also be wasting time refilling all over. Just save the DS160 and you can always continue/edit later. All that will be requested from you if you want to continue is your ds160 application number, Security question's answer and first five letter of your surname. Just try and submit a week to the interview.
what i am trying to say is that i hv already submitted it already lyk 3wks ago i.e i hv signed and submitted already. Won't refilling d form again change my application ID?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
Y
obusco4lyfe: what i am trying to say is that i hv already submitted it already lyk 3wks ago i.e i hv signed and submitted already. Won't refilling d form again change my application ID?

You will fill a new one..The application number will surely change. Effect the change on your profile at usatraveldocs. You are going to change 2 things on your profile now;1. Sevis number 2.DS160 application number.After this change, generate a new appointment letter that will reflect the new DS160 application number. This time around, dont submit your DS160 until you confirm everything is right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
jimtosam: Y

You will fill a new one..The application number will surely change. Effect the change on your profile at usatraveldocs. You are going to change 2 things on your profile now;1. Sevis number 2.DS160 application number.After this change, generate a new appointment letter that will reflect the new DS160 application number. This time around, dont submit your DS160 until you confirm everything is right.
am i gonna pay d visa fee again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: am i gonna pay d visa fee again?
No.No and NO!...jimtosam has told u just what you need to do...u don't need to pay any visa fee...i filled my DS-160 three times but submitted it once...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2012

You won't pay anything again. Try what I told you first and see if they are going to ask you to pay. You have the right to change your information so why will you pay again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2012
product: House I have been following this thread , but still find it hard with what to tell the VO , why am just going for undergraduate . I am thinking of saying that my major is not been offered as 4year degree here ,so I have been taking diploma courses and certification while working as an IT administrator in my Church .

Please how does this sounds . Well informed?

Pls put more lite ma bosses in the house .

Congrats to the successful guys in the house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2012

You won't pay anything again. Try what I told you first and see if they are going to ask you to pay. You have the right to change your information so why will you pay again.Don't cancel your appointment o..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=product][/quote]

Baba product,

can you tell the whole house your age, when you finished secondary school, the major you are going for and your skill sets. Since you work in Church, you might likely know something about music. All These answers can help us package you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
jimtosam:

You won't pay anything again. Try what I told you first and see if they are going to ask you to pay. You have the right to change your information so why will you pay again.Don't cancel your appointment o..
wen i insert my application id to retrieve my application, it tells me dt d form has already been sent then it brings ou t a notice dt says cancel or create new application. Are u sayin i shld click on the 'create new application'?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
jimtosam:

Baba product,

can you tell the whole house your age, when you finished secondary school, the major you are going for and your skill sets. Since you work in Church, you might likely know something about music. All These answers can help us package you.

Thanks baba

I finished 03 .
Gone for associate Degree intrview 2twice ,. Am 24 refused on d basis of waec cert coz I mispalced it ,second time told me y didn't I apply to university. Rite now I have Oracle assoiciate cert, desktop publish cert as well . I just want to back the working aspect up wiith working as an IT administrator at the regional HQ of my church.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: wen i insert my application id to retrieve my application, it tells me dt d form has already been sent then it brings ou t a notice dt says cancel or create new application. Are u sayin i shld click on the 'create new application'?

Start afresh...Fill a new DS160 .. You can only retrieve if you have not submitted but saved. But, what I said earlier was, this new one you are filling can be submitted a week before your interview to make sure everything is alright.when you finish, just save, then you can retrieve later.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 5:11pm On Jul 16, 2012
ar u kidding me? shocked I was at the embassy 2day na(lagos) wat did u wear mayb I saw u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2012
HURRAY!!! My daddy got his student visa 2day grin,its a lie oooo,he went 4 visiting,nd he was given without them asking for any of his documents,he's old though(73 years).And do u knw the funniest part?he doesn't know that my own interview is on thursday morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
Here is my experience,
Got to the embassy @ 6.00am, called for document checking at 7.30am and then biometrics
4 VO , all guys.
Me: Good morning
VO: good morning, how r u?(Busy perusing my I-20 like say exam dey for him to write after reading the form)
Me: fine
VO: pass ur document please
Me: passed passport, I-20 and DS-160
VO: Why do u want go to the US?
Me: To study for Masters in Public Health at the UAB
VO: How did you hear about dis skool?
Me: I made my research on the internet, browsed Sophas.org and checked the skool ranking on the USnew.com(VO nodding his head)
VO: Why public health?
Me: As a general physician, I realise that most of the diseases that plague my country are preventable disease such as Malaria,HIV,hypertension etc and the complication of this diseases account for the major causes of morbidity and mortality.Hence prevention of this diseases will be pivotal and instrumental to the reduction in this disease burden
(VO starts typing furiously and kept my passport and I-20 and tear the green card)
VO: did u take the gre?
Me: Yes(show him result)
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he is a civil engineer and the deputy director at the fed min of xxxx(tryin to show him my statement, he said I shudnt wory)
VO: pick up your visa at lekki, remember to take ur I-20 along u will need at POE blah blah blah

Guys, please your early responses go a long way in getting you the visa.note my first answer,I covered 3 questions and after the second question he has already make up his mind to issue the visa.
Please know your major very well and be technical to dazzle the VO because its ur chance of educating the VO.
I appreciate you all, SEUN helped got my appointment date, deevick, imperious, walex, kpoli, leadzeal and all in the house.
@ waryz..I was putting on ash colored long sleev shirt with black trouser.
We still dey pop champagne here for ikoyi,
I love u all and still dey wait more news for dis fall.#pardon pls if there is any grammatical error, typing on fone#

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.