Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212736 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2012
@samiel4u
Hi It's мε̲̣̣ who recommended Ɣ☺ΰ here. Also going τ̅☺ UAB for MPH with my hubby.
Congrats again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2012
samiel4u:

Hey Sam! Congrats! ...Welcome to the league! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
samiel4u: Here is my experience,
Got to the embassy @ 6.00am, called for document checking at 7.30am and then biometrics
4 VO , all guys.
Me: Good morning
VO: good morning, how r u?(Busy perusing my I-20 like say exam dey for him to write after reading the form)
Me: fine
VO: pass ur document please
Me: passed passport, I-20 and DS-160
VO: Why do u want go to the US?
Me: To study for Masters in Public Health at the UAB
VO: How did you hear about dis skool?
Me: I made my research on the internet, browsed Sophas.org and checked the skool ranking on the USnew.com(VO nodding his head)
VO: Why public health?
Me: As a general physician, I realise that most of the diseases that plague my country are preventable disease such as Malaria,HIV,hypertension etc and the complication of this diseases account for the major causes of morbidity and mortality.Hence prevention of this diseases will be pivotal and instrumental to the reduction in this disease burden
(VO starts typing furiously and kept my passport and I-20 and tear the green card)
VO: did u take the gre?
Me: Yes(show him result)
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he is a civil engineer and the deputy director at the fed min of xxxx(tryin to show him my statement, he said I shudnt wory)
VO: pick up your visa at lekki, remember to take ur I-20 along u will need at POE blah blah blah

Guys, please your early responses go a long way in getting you the visa.note my first answer,I covered 3 questions and after the second question he has already make up his mind to issue the visa.
Please know your major very well and be technical to dazzle the VO because its ur chance of educating the VO.
I appreciate you all, SEUN helped got my appointment date, deevick, imperious, walex, kpoli, leadzeal and all in the house.
@ waryz..I was putting on ash colored long sleev shirt with black trouser.
We still dey pop champagne here for ikoyi,
I love u all and still dey wait more news for dis fall.#pardon pls if there is any grammatical error, typing on fone#

Congratulations to samiel4u once again. I am very happy for you. Was it the V0 at counter 4 that interviewed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Hi house.

Please I saw a trend going on earlier about GRE materials. Please I need for a friend who's preparing towards next fall.

My email is io_osewa@yahoo.com.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: won't it affect the appointment i hv booked already

Obusco! Obusco!! Obusco!!! How many times did I call you? grin Dont be afraid and do as instructed! angry Anyways, if you don't understand, send me an email or a PM cos that thing needs to be carefully done without you having to make mistakes or jeopardize your appointment!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2012
@deevick26 when is ur own interview? Cos na ur testimony I dey eagerly wait for
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Obusco! Obusco!! Obusco!!! How many times did I call you? grin Dont be afraid and do as instructed! angry Anyways, if you don't understand, send me an email or a PM cos that thing needs to be carefully done without you having to make mistakes or jeopardize your appointment!
i hv jst sent u a mail..earnestly awaitin ur reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
@house

Can u go with sponsor current account , while the letter of sponsor is been lettered on his company paperhead .

Urgent reply needed .

House is not helping again o . And we all here praying for next applicant !
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
product: @house

Can u go with sponsor current account , while the letter of sponsor is been lettered on his company paperhead .

Urgent reply needed .

House is not helping again o . And we all here praying for next applicant !

Yes u can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=obusco4lyfe] i hv jst sent u a mail..earnestly awaitin ur reply.[/quote

Hi..I replied you. Pls check it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 8:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
Emmanuelson: @ house please a friend of mine needs to write toefl asap and d sch told him he need high mark..pls house have anybody got a link on whr he can reg and aw he can get that high score[i mean runz tinz]..pls reply asap..thanks a bunch

Is it compulsory your friend gets a degree? If he knows he cannot read on his own, why then would he want to waste his precious time and hard earned resources coming to study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2012
Square65:

Me sef wonder o ...

PS
You mean you came to Houston? Pls lemme this next time o

Ogbeni, I am likely coming to Houston later this week and I would be staying for almost a week. I would be around West Chase.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
kpolli: @deevick26 when is ur own interview? Cos na ur testimony I dey eagerly wait for
Infact Kpolli you read my mind wella...deevick go get am..i was sure of samiel4u and now i'm 120% sure of deevick...go get am jor
@samiel4u: congrats again and again i say congratulobia congratulatesss, congratulaata....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by larondo2012: 8:14pm On Jul 16, 2012
Any ideas how one can get an earlier VISA date. I applied for emergency and was denied, selected early date option and date was moved forward from aug 27th to 14th. Called the contact centre agent who said he has selected early date option again and asked me to keep checking. I have been checking for a while now and the date hasn't been moved from august 14th. Can I reapply for emergency and is there any other way to get an earlier date.
thankx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
GboyegaD:

Is it compulsory your friend gets a degree? If he knows he cannot read on his own, why then would he want to waste his precious time and hard earned resources coming to study?
Nail hit on the Head!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2012
kpolli: @deevick26 when is ur own interview? Cos na ur testimony I dey eagerly wait for

Thanks brov, i believe you. Na this month ooo...God go do am.

walex57:
Infact Kpolli you read my mind wella...deevick go get am..i was sure of samiel4u and now i'm 120% sure of deevick...go get am jor
@samiel4u: congrats again and again i say congratulobia congratulatesss, congratulaata....
[quote author=walex57]

My man walex57, thanks plenty, l cant wait to go for the interview self. l know you wish me well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
For those looking for cheap flight...there's eygptair flight from Lagos to New york on the 12th of august for N164K, this is very cheap take hold of this opportunity...and then you can connect any flight from new york....if you're interested book now... go to wakanow.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2012
product:

Thanks baba

I finished 03 .
Gone for associate Degree intrview 2twice ,. Am 24 refused on d basis of waec cert coz I mispalced it ,second time told me y didn't I apply to university. Rite now I have Oracle assoiciate cert, desktop publish cert as well . I just want to back the working aspect up wiith working as an IT administrator at the regional HQ of my church.

Can the guru and mighty answer me and help me put more lite ontu this please .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2012
walex57: For those looking for cheap flight...there's eygptair flight from Lagos to New york on the 12th of august for N164K, this is very cheap take hold of this opportunity...and then you can connect any flight from new york....if you're interested book now... go to wakanow.com

Thanks man.. Waiting for my roomy to get his visa so we can book together.. Me dey fear boring flight experience. I don experience am before..lolz, nt good grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
product:

Can the guru and mighty answer me and help me put more lite ontu this please .

Did u still apply for the community college or a university dis time around.? Then we can take it from here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2012
[quote author=dr_dolittle][/quote]thanks man! U hv just lifted a great burden frm me....wheeww!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2012
leadzeal:

Did u still apply for the community college or a university dis time around.? Then we can take it from here.

I have a university i-20 with me . Tution is 25k .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2012
leadzeal:

Thanks man.. Waiting for my roomy to get his visa so we can book together.. Me dey fear boring flight experience. I don experience am before..lolz, nt good grin
me sef still dey reason am...me never fly before oooo....and i'll want my first time to be memorable not boring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
product:

I have a university i-20 with me . Tution is 25k .

Try to be reasonably consistent with what you filled in your past DS160. Get a WAEC scratch card handy this time around and make sure you package yourself well. Have a copy or printout of the result of any exams you have taken (TOEFL, SAT). If you haven't taken any exam, if possible try to get a letter or an email from your school indicating that you were exempted from the exams. I hope this is helpful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 10:55pm On Jul 16, 2012
obusco4lyfe: thanks man! U hv just lifted a great burden frm me....wheeww!
No probs brov..But I hope you have paid your SEVIS fee and I believe you gave the correct SEVIS number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
My people abeg dis SEVIS people wan break my heart oo, I don call dem and email dem tire. De received d payment on friday meanwhile I sent d payment since wednesday last week. Pls how long does it take to process d reciept after d money has been picked by dem. Dat is dey picked d money on friday,wen should I expect d reciept online? Its still sayin record not found.
HELP abeg house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by NawaO1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 16, 2012
walex57:
hehehehehehe...my belle ooo... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.....so dem dey scrape food for yankee...hmmm...infact i'm not only coming with shelf and padlock..i'm also coming with naija made chain...and i will intergrate it with alarm system #kitting up#... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@wale haba u want carry ur unilorin parol go america ni.L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 11:46pm On Jul 16, 2012
larondo2012: Any ideas how one can get an earlier VISA date. I applied for emergency and was denied, selected early date option and date was moved forward from aug 27th to 14th. Called the contact centre agent who said he has selected early date option again and asked me to keep checking. I have been checking for a while now and the date hasn't been moved from august 14th. Can I reapply for emergency and is there any other way to get an earlier date.
thankx

Please I don't know what u mean, i am booking appoinment for ma friends, and in Abuja the date are from NOVEMBER 01 - JANUARY 2013, and in Lagos it is from September to December 2012, But do you know the funniest thing is that in Abuja where i booked the first one, i opt in to receive an earlier appointment but i got fro Nov where i book earlier but i cancel and re-book, man what i mean is that mine is working for easy for me, i don't know how you are doing yours but mine is working well,I even cancelled one and re-book today, i even opt in, and they reschedule it later in today too. But which embassy are u going?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 11:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
leadzeal:

Though this claim is controversial it's likelyhood is plausible. I will agree with the notion that the embassy as a whole as a target quota for each specified period of time( I.e fall,summer,spring,...). But refering this said 'quota' to each VO, dat I can't firmly affirm or even debate due to the limitation of my knowing. But since u hinted sth abt a 12 yrs research thingy, can u please throw some light to it if u can. It will help d hus

ABUJA AND LAGOS WHICH ONE IS GIVING VISA? BECAUSE I WAS DENIED IN ABUJA THIS JULY AND I WANT TO GO IN OCTOBER - NOVEMBER, WHAT WILL U ADVICE ME?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
Na wa O:

@wale haba u want carry ur unilorin parol go america ni.L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿
Yes o my guy...with all these food scrapping news?....i must to kit up wella ooo...no one...i mean no one touches my food and goes scott free... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...you know how we dey for unilorin nah...especially boys hostel...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 11:51pm On Jul 16, 2012
samiel4u: Here is my experience,
Got to the embassy @ 6.00am, called for document checking at 7.30am and then biometrics
4 VO , all guys.
Me: Good morning
VO: good morning, how r u?(Busy perusing my I-20 like say exam dey for him to write after reading the form)
Me: fine
VO: pass ur document please
Me: passed passport, I-20 and DS-160
VO: Why do u want go to the US?
Me: To study for Masters in Public Health at the UAB
VO: How did you hear about dis skool?
Me: I made my research on the internet, browsed Sophas.org and checked the skool ranking on the USnew.com(VO nodding his head)
VO: Why public health?
Me: As a general physician, I realise that most of the diseases that plague my country are preventable disease such as Malaria,HIV,hypertension etc and the complication of this diseases account for the major causes of morbidity and mortality.Hence prevention of this diseases will be pivotal and instrumental to the reduction in this disease burden
(VO starts typing furiously and kept my passport and I-20 and tear the green card)
VO: did u take the gre?
Me: Yes(show him result)
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he is a civil engineer and the deputy director at the fed min of xxxx(tryin to show him my statement, he said I shudnt wory)
VO: pick up your visa at lekki, remember to take ur I-20 along u will need at POE blah blah blah

Guys, please your early responses go a long way in getting you the visa.note my first answer,I covered 3 questions and after the second question he has already make up his mind to issue the visa.
Please know your major very well and be technical to dazzle the VO because its ur chance of educating the VO.
I appreciate you all, SEUN helped got my appointment date, deevick, imperious, walex, kpoli, leadzeal and all in the house.
@ waryz..I was putting on ash colored long sleev shirt with black trouser.
We still dey pop champagne here for ikoyi,
I love u all and still dey wait more news for dis fall.#pardon pls if there is any grammatical error, typing on fone#

CONGRAT BROS, But it seems that Lagos are issuing visa to student now than Abuja, please should i go to Lagos be-cos was denied in Abuja this July

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.