Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (212741 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 16, 2012
walex57:
Yes o my guy...with all these food scrapping news?....i must to kit up wella ooo...no one...i mean no one touches my food and goes scott free... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...you know how we dey for unilorin nah...especially boys hostel...

You're packing up food to go to America?
You're wasting money. Those food will be thrown out once you land here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 11:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
ALL MA GUYS GOING ON 17TH JULY AM WISHING YOU ALL SUCESSS

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 3:37am On Jul 17, 2012
dr_dolittle: No probs brov..But I hope you have paid your SEVIS fee and I believe you gave the correct SEVIS number.
hahaha...i hv nt paid d sevis fee because i hvn't gotten my I-20, d i-20 dt ws sent to my uncle by ws first scanned nd snt to me via e-mail. I saw some1 else's name on it den realised dt d wrong i-20 has been sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 4:10am On Jul 17, 2012
sha_money: My people abeg dis SEVIS people wan break my heart oo, I don call dem and email dem tire. De received d payment on friday meanwhile I sent d payment since wednesday last week. Pls how long does it take to process d reciept after d money has been picked by dem. Dat is dey picked d money on friday,wen should I expect d reciept online? Its still sayin record not found.
HELP abeg house
Relax sha_money! Normally it should take around 2 working days for confirmation of data to happen..but may take a bit longer for some processings to be done due to possible discrepancies in the data supplied and in a bid to make them right,time is being consumed..However,call them today in the evening (around 5pm or 6pm)after checking you online status.... to be sure nothing was wrong with the payment or the info sent to them. They will then hint you on the latest development..I trust all will be fine.When is your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 4:20am On Jul 17, 2012
obusco4lyfe: hahaha...i hv nt paid d sevis fee because i hvn't gotten my I-20, d i-20 dt ws sent to my uncle by ws first scanned nd snt to me via e-mail. I saw some1 else's name on it den realised dt d wrong i-20 has been sent.
Ok..but when is your new I-20 gonna arrive? Has the school issues another one? I hope you know you need the hard copy at the interview and not just the scanned copy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 4:28am On Jul 17, 2012
dr_dolittle: Ok..but when is your new I-20 gonna arrive? Has the school issues another one? I hope you know you need the hard copy at the interview and not just the scanned copy.
yep! I know...they hv already created a new i-20, it will be sent to my U.S contact today, he will be d one to send it to me via courier service
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 4:43am On Jul 17, 2012
obusco4lyfe: yep! I know...they hv already created a new i-20, it will be sent to my U.S contact today, he will be d one to send it to me via courier service
Alright then..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 17, 2012
product:

I have a university i-20 with me . Tution is 25k .

What I wud advice is make ur case strong enough. This VO want to give u, because when u realise this for a true, it will really help ur mindset. Can u imagine some1 dat is yet to go for his interview sounding so pessimistic already? I can assure such a person is bound to b rejected. Know ur course structure, men sound like a geek when talking to dat VO, tell am say u sabi book and america system needs u(I don't expect u to utter d later formally). Be CONFIDENT.. I can't over exaggerate this part. But guy be a gingered entity(I knw if person way see this word, go knw say na me,hope am nt blowing my cover sha). And even dress Geeky, I intentionally dressed geeky and smart during my interview(abeg no tell me 2 explain dis part oh grin ). Well some people may not want to go with me on dis one, but man ,ur VO has a lot to do with you getting a visa, dis one tin I wud advice, put God first( no dey do bad tin kan expect God to over look),come out open to him, yes ur mind go dey tell u Say na when u need sth u dey call God, but u still better pass some people way no call God at all- this is wat made david in d bible stand out.

To sum it up.. Have a positive mindset. Look at d mirror each day tell d image dat u ll get dis. And trust me, no jupiter can stop u.

Wish u best. wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 17, 2012
[quote author=emmanuelkim]

ABUJA AND LAGOS WHICH ONE IS GIVING VISA? BECAUSE I WAS DENIED IN ABUJA THIS JULY AND I WANT TO GO IN OCTOBER - NOVEMBER, WHAT WILL U ADVICE ME?[/quote
]
Guy, my advice is make ur case strong. Have not been to abuja consular b4, so i don't ve any idea wh is better. Lagos also reject a bulk number of people too, but once ur case is strong u ve a grt chance and when u land a good VO ur chances re greater. It all boils down to YOU.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 17, 2012
walex57:
me sef still dey reason am...me never fly before oooo....and i'll want my first time to be memorable not boring

Wetin u go knw say na many students go dey fly during dis period. So definitely pre flight period u go fit chat urself with a good number but d big question na whether una seat dey together. If na 2 old people den sandwish u put, den oyo lo wa ni yen. We don't knw for a certain when we go leave sef, but definitely btw first aNd second week of august.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 5:25am On Jul 17, 2012
product:

Thanks baba

I finished 03 .
Gone for associate Degree intrview 2twice ,. Am 24 refused on d basis of waec cert coz I mispalced it ,second time told me y didn't I apply to university. Rite now I have Oracle assoiciate cert, desktop publish cert as well . I just want to back the working aspect up wiith working as an IT administrator at the regional HQ of my church.

Alright, can u still answer the following questions;
1. Have you gotten the WAEC certificate that caused the first refusal.
2. Have you applied to University that caused the second refusal.
3. How many schools gave you admission now? Cos, The VO will see you as a serious guy going there with 2/3 admission letters being refused because of this before.
3. Did you write SAT & Toefl?
4. You have not told us your major. This will help to know how to fill the gaps.
5. What's your financial stand? father/mother/family?
2003 - 2012 (9years).not small o but Calm bro, God is able.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:29am On Jul 17, 2012
You new guys shouldn't pack dry akpanla and garri while coming to US ooo. If caught at entry, your stuffs would be seized, trashed and you pay fine. If you need garri (nice one ooo), ground egusi, palm oil, ogbonor, tinko, okra (americans dey fry their own eat like fried fish) etc dem dey sell them fine fine in US. You fit no see ponmo but good shaki dey for Walmart and other stores. Moreover, US is home of different kinda food, you go eat and eat till you can't no more.....That's if your intention is real and you are on good standing ooo. But if not and you go astray like noise from a big speaker, you go.... well, you know how person wey struggle reach lagos dey face am nau.

@Mrs,

GRE material sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:33am On Jul 17, 2012
dr_dolittle: Relax sha_money! Normally it should take around 2 working days for confirmation of data to happen..but may take a bit longer for some processings to be done due to possible discrepancies in the data supplied and in a bid to make them right,time is being consumed..However,call them today in the evening (around 5pm or 6pm)after checking you online status.... to be sure nothing was wrong with the payment or the info sent to them. They will then hint you on the latest development..I trust all will be fine.When is your interview?

Ok bro thank u. I ll call dem by then. My interview is on 23rd july,next monday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ebyadieze: 8:25am On Jul 17, 2012
Hello Guys,

I am completing the DS-160 form and on the section for Travel, what do I answer in the question for "Who is Paying for your trip?"
My aunt is sponsoring my trip so is it ok to put her name in that section?

Urgent response please.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 8:57am On Jul 17, 2012
ebyadieze: Hello Guys,

I am completing the DS-160 form and on the section for Travel, what do I answer in the question for "Who is Paying for your trip?"

Urgent response please.

Thank you.
If your Aunt is gonna take care of all expenses inclusive of your flight, then her name should be there..In short...put the name of your sponsor there,even if someone else is paying for your flight so that there wont be discrepancies in your info.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 8:59am On Jul 17, 2012
ebyadieze: Hello Guys,

Urgent response please.

Thank you.

Yes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by demmyrulz(m): 9:46am On Jul 17, 2012
imperiouxx: You new guys shouldn't pack dry akpanla and garri while coming to US ooo. If caught at entry, your stuffs would be seized, trashed and you pay fine. If you need garri (nice one ooo), ground egusi, palm oil, ogbonor, tinko, okra (americans dey fry their own eat like fried fish) etc dem dey sell them fine fine in US. You fit no see ponmo but good shaki dey for Walmart and other stores. Moreover, US is home of different kinda food, you go eat and eat till you can't no more.....That's if your intention is real and you are on good standing ooo. But if not and you go astray like noise from a big speaker, you go.... well, you know how person wey struggle reach lagos dey face am nau.

@Mrs,

GRE material sent.

@Imperious xx Please bro I need GRE Materials . Email: ademolaoluborode@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by product: 10:04am On Jul 17, 2012
phy:

Try to be reasonably consistent with what you filled in your past DS160. Get a WAEC scratch card handy this time around and make sure you package yourself well. Have a copy or printout of the result of any exams you have taken (TOEFL, SAT). If you haven't taken any exam, if possible try to get a letter or an email from your school indicating that you were exempted from the exams. I hope this is helpful

Thanks Phy

I will get all this documents , but my fear is that , the ages I filled is for my parent is not consistent but other things are , just the ages . Both dad and Mum and its coz I didn't ask them . How does that affect my application .

How about my answer to Why am just goin for underGrduate.

@emmal

If it is only one student dey will grant in abj ithen that will be me . I can't be intimidated by dis VO anymore.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 10:19am On Jul 17, 2012
pls is it compulsory I get tax clearance of my sponsor? And am hearin of a new birth cert dat is issued by population commision,is dat compulsory? Or should I jsu go ahead wit my old birth cert. People dat went recently pls did de ask of any new birth cert or sponsors tax clearance?
Thank u house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:35am On Jul 17, 2012
sha_money: pls is it compulsory I get tax clearance of my sponsor? And am hearin of a new birth cert dat is issued by population commision,is dat compulsory? Or should I jsu go ahead wit my old birth cert. People dat went recently pls did de ask of any new birth cert or sponsors tax clearance?
Thank u house

Not compulsory
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 10:38am On Jul 17, 2012
sha_money: pls is it compulsory I get tax clearance of my sponsor? And am hearin of a new birth cert dat is issued by population commision,is dat compulsory? Or should I jsu go ahead wit my old birth cert. People dat went recently pls did de ask of any new birth cert or sponsors tax clearance?
Thank u house

Brov..just hold the birth certificate you have with you as long as it states your real age..Who said they ask for birth certificates during f1 visa interviews sef? Your international passport suffices for all biodata needed. As for your second question...I think it will be very helpful if you include your sponsor's tax clearance cos the VO might wanna verify if your sponsor is performing his or her civil duties.So please ask your sponsor to give the tax clearance docs to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 11:11am On Jul 17, 2012
kpolli:

Not compulsory

K tanx bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2012
[b][/b]
dr_dolittle:

Brov..just hold the birth certificate you have with you as long as it states your real age..Who said they ask for birth certificates during f1 visa interviews sef? Your international passport suffices for all biodata needed. As for your second question...I think it will be very helpful if you include your sponsor's tax clearance cos the VO might wanna verify if your sponsor is performing his or her civil duties.So please ask your sponsor to give the tax clearance docs to you.

I wonder oo...lol. And as for d tax clearance I tink to avoid had I known I ll just ask my sponsor for it. Thank u bro,God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2012
My peeps, this is rather urgent now.
My wife got admission into wright state Uni and we have done all necessary processes.
Now we need to pay for sevis as her interview is on Monday and the instruction says she must pay for sevis at least three working days before the interview.
We tried online but the system is t receiving credit card except cashier's cheque, money order or western union.
Please helllllppppppp!!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2012
kay-pawpaw:
My wife got admission into wright state Uni and we have done all necessary processes.
Now we need to pay for sevis as her interview is on Monday and the instruction says she must pay for sevis at least three working days before the interview.
We tried online but the system is t receiving credit card except cashier's cheque, money order or western union.
Hello.If you have someone in the US,ask d person to send them a cheque addressed to SEVIS through a courier company..It should get to them on thursday.Then u can print d receipt on friday or saturday.Pls do that today if u dont wanna jeopardize your wife's visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2012
^^^ Na now rushing come start. grin He has just few days left to decide whether wify gets it or not by himself. grin He can't send payment to US today anymore. Well, you guys should describe the way to the border for him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2012
@webstradamus,

wetin you dey do here this morning?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 4:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
kay-pawpaw:

Why did u wait till now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 5:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
imperiouxx: ^^^ Na now rushing come start. grin He has just few days left to decide whether wify gets it or not by himself. grin He can't send payment to US today anymore. Well, you guys should describe the way to the border for him.

Well, I think Seme border would be the best bet too but I hope he can cope with the challenges there.

To whom it may concern: Please you have to go pay in ECOBANK in cotonou.

To the experienced people in the house : I beg help our bros o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
Comrade Imperiouxx and other housemates abeg send me GRE and TOEFL materials. I wanna give a friend of mine who is preparing for them. Thanks a lot.

Email: mails2dolittle@gmail dot com

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou / Poland Work Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.