Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1039719 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 1:56am On Dec 17, 2015
noirAlex:

Evidence Items

TAB A
1. Online application form (+ housemate IDs)
2. Appendix 2 VAF Financial requirements form
3. Applicant Nigerian passport
4. Spouse British passport
5. Applicant birth certificate (court affadavit)
6. Spouse birth certificate (certified copy)
7. Marriage certificate
8. English Language Exam Certificate (from Trinity College, London)
9. TB Screening results
10. Applicant statement
11. Spouse statement

TAB B(went down the savings route)
12. Signed declaration by Spouse about source of savings
13. – 33. Financial evidence including
a. Letters from bank relating to each account and minimum amount held in each account for last 6 months.
b. Certificate of Investment for ISAs (covering last 2 years)
c. Customer statement for last 6 months- printed out and stamped by bank
d. Letters to confirm opening of accounts
e. Passbooks for saving accounts (updated by bank on day before we flew)
f. Annual Promise Statements showing amount in all savings account in last 2 years

TAB C
34. Text messages screen shots from 2012
35. Text messages screen shots from 2013
36. Text messages screen shots from 2014
37. Text messages screen shots from 2015
38. Wedding invitations addressed to Applicant and Spouse
39. Cards
a. Spouse to applicant – 6 month anniversary
b. Spouse to applicant – Christmas
c. Spouse to applicant – Valentine’s day
d. Spouse to applicant – Valentine’s day
e. Spouse to applicant – moving in together
f. Applicant to spouse – birthday
g. Applicant to spouse – 6 month anniversary
h. Applicant to spouse – Valentine’s day
i. Applicant to spouse – Valentine’s day
j. Wedding invite and thank you card from friends addressed to applicant and spouse
k. Christmas card from housemate addressed to applicant and spouse
l. Engagement congratulations from friend addressed to applicant and spouse
m. Engagement congratulations from friend addressed to applicant and spouse
40. Applicant’s cinema and festival tickets
41. Spouse’s cinema and festival tickets (matching)
42. Spouse’s family Christmas letter 2013

TAB D
43. Tenancy Agreement
44. Letter from landlady
45. Energy statement with spouse and applicant’s names (Oct 2015)
46. Council tax bill in spouse and applicant’s names (2015-16)
47. Council tax bill in spouse and applicant’s names (2015-16)
48. Internet statements in spouse’s name (Sept 2014; Sept 2015)
49. Bank statement in spouse’s name
50. Water bills in spouse’s name (2014; 2015)

TAB E
51. Support statement from spouse’s parents
52. Support statement from current housemate
53. Support statement from friend
54. Support statement from previous housemate
55. Support statement from friend
56. Support statement from friend
57. Support statement from spouse’s sister
58. Support statement from applicant’s cousin

TAB F
59. Photographs (80)
60. Wedding photos (5)

We gathered as much evidence as we could within a month, struggled a bit with address related evidence but its about trying to tick all or as many boxes as one can and not leaving room for a refusal. Also I should mention that I had overstayed my visa for years but I explained everything in my statement(absolute honesty is paramount). Good luck to you mate and all other applicants out there.

Thank you very much and congratulations once more!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:17am On Dec 18, 2015
Oreskid:
U re welcome @ jangolo, interview at TLS is random but in most cases if u have been there u wouldn't be interviewed at TLS but sponsor will be interviewed for the last stage of the spouse visa.
Questions
1. Ur full name
2. Date of birth
3. Who u go visit in uk for past visa
4. Family history, like how many siblings, dad name, date of birth and mom too.
5. Sponsor work details
6. Where u planing to live in uk with ur sponsor
7. Uni u attended
8. Where u first met u sponsor and date u first met @Oreskid is this a trick question? I met hubby in person for the first time when i landed in Lagos, Nigeria 23rd October 2014 but was an online relationship prior, so if im asked this Q what do i say? When i met in person?
9. How u communicate
10. Any prove of gift or cash sent to ur spouse
11. Where u got wedded and date
12. Course of study and wat u will be doing in the UK.
That's all I can remember. Hope it's helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by babyisUS: 5:58am On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Portsmouth86 post=41105280][/quote]

They'd ask you when did your relationship start and also ask when did you first meet?
Your answer to the latter should be when u first saw him in person.
Hope this helps.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2015
@ Portsmouth86. Just know how ur sponsor fill it in the form, if that's the way u said it no problem, just make sure u guys say the same thing that's all. Pls know the date u first met in person and how u started communicating before meeting up. Hope that helps
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Portsmouth86. Just know how ur sponsor fill it in the form, if that's the way u said it no problem, just make sure u guys say the same thing that's all. Pls know the date u first met in person and how u started communicating before meeting up. Hope that helps

Yes I know every date haha thank you for your advice it probably won't be for a while just want to be prepared smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:46pm On Dec 18, 2015
babyisUS:

They'd ask you when did your relationship start and also ask when did you first meet?
Your answer to the latter should be when u first saw him in person.
Hope this helps.

Ok great just wondered smiley thank you x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
noirAlex:

Hey sorry I am also meant to have my court wedding in January I wanted to enquire if you had to book the date of the wedding several weeks in advance or after the marriage counselling you booked for the next day? I have been there several times and they told me I can book for the day after the marriage counselling in January but I don't know with them people, they can say one thing today and another thing the next day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oreskid:
I say a big thank you to everyone, justwise, to mention a few and every good people here.
Aug 31st. TB Test

Sept 9th. Online application and payment made.

Sept 15th. Appointment @ 12noon @ Ikeja TLS and all supporting doc. Sent by me to Sheffield, came back with them from UK

Sept 17th. Supporting doc. Receive from Nigeria DHL, tracked and was signed for in Sheffield but no acknowledgement for receive

Sept 25th. Email from Sheffield saying online application received and will be look into by the ECO

Nov 26th. Phone call for interview on Dec 4th

Dec 2nd. Email from Sheffield that application is not straight forward.

Dec 4th. Interview @ battleship building, London @ 11am

Dec 9th. Email from Sheffield that decision is made.

Dec 15th. Pickup passport with visa date Dec 4th.

Congratulations!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
blza:

@justwise, no I don't . I am the sole occupier.

I'm really sorry that this is coming late, dead busy thesedays..

So sole occupier you got no problem at all just submit your tenancy agreement/mortgage paper that will do.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:22am On Dec 19, 2015
jangolo:

Hey sorry I am also meant to have my court wedding in January I wanted to enquire if you had to book the date of the wedding several weeks in advance or after the marriage counselling you booked for the next day? I have been there several times and they told me I can book for the day after the marriage counselling in January but I don't know with them people, they can say one thing today and another thing the next day.

Either you or your partner will need to obtain a form from the registry of choice, to indicate your intention to marry.

The form is a Notice Form or otherwise called Form A in which you will fill your personal details including Name, Age, Address, Occupation, Marital status, Consent (minor under 21 years), Signature etc. You will also need to submit two coloured passport photographs.
The form is then posted on the Notice Board at the registry for 21 days. The notice is also entered in a book called the Marriage Notice Book, which may be inspected during office hours without fee.

After the expiration of the notice and payment of the Prescribed Fee (this differs at each registry), the Registrar would issue a Form C after the following criteria has been met and satisfied:

*That one of the parties has been resident within the district in which the marriage is intended to be celebrated.
*That each of the parties to the intended marriage (not being a widower or widow) is twenty-one years old, and if under that age, the consent hereinafter made requisite has been obtained in writing and is annexed to such affidavit (meaning you have to get written permission/consent from the bride-to-be's parent or legal guardian).
*That there is not any impediment of kindred or affinity, or any other lawful hindrance to the marriage
*That neither of the parties to the intended marriage is married by customary law to any person other than the person with whom such marriage is proposed to be contracted.

Once the requirements mentioned above have been confirmed, the couple would swear an affidavit before the registrar or recognised minister of religion. During the sworn affidavit, the registrar would reiterate the above Prohibitive degrees and also explain the penalties involved.
Failure to disclose a breach in any of the above makes the defaulter liable to two years imprisonment.
Thereafter, the Registrar signs a declaration/affidavit to show that the couple understands the implications under the law and have met and satisfied all that has been required of them.

Upon proof that there is no lawful impediment to the proposed marriage, and that the necessary consent, if any, to such marriage has been obtained, the Minister will dispense with the giving of notice, issue the certificate, and grant his/her license, known as Form D, authorizing the celebration of a marriage between the parties named in such license.

The couple then selects a date for the wedding, usually within three months from the date the notice was placed with the registry.

My husband an I got married in Ikoyi Registry this is what we did smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:53am On Dec 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Either you or your partner will need to obtain a form from the registry of choice, to indicate your intention to marry.

The form is a Notice Form or otherwise called Form A in which you will fill your personal details including Name, Age, Address, Occupation, Marital status, Consent (minor under 21 years), Signature etc. You will also need to submit two coloured passport photographs.
The form is then posted on the Notice Board at the registry for 21 days. The notice is also entered in a book called the Marriage Notice Book, which may be inspected during office hours without fee.

After the expiration of the notice and payment of the Prescribed Fee (this differs at each registry), the Registrar would issue a Form C after the following criteria has been met and satisfied:

*That one of the parties has been resident within the district in which the marriage is intended to be celebrated.
*That each of the parties to the intended marriage (not being a widower or widow) is twenty-one years old, and if under that age, the consent hereinafter made requisite has been obtained in writing and is annexed to such affidavit (meaning you have to get written permission/consent from the bride-to-be's parent or legal guardian).
*That there is not any impediment of kindred or affinity, or any other lawful hindrance to the marriage
*That neither of the parties to the intended marriage is married by customary law to any person other than the person with whom such marriage is proposed to be contracted.

Once the requirements mentioned above have been confirmed, the couple would swear an affidavit before the registrar or recognised minister of religion. During the sworn affidavit, the registrar would reiterate the above Prohibitive degrees and also explain the penalties involved.
Failure to disclose a breach in any of the above makes the defaulter liable to two years imprisonment.
Thereafter, the Registrar signs a declaration/affidavit to show that the couple understands the implications under the law and have met and satisfied all that has been required of them.

Upon proof that there is no lawful impediment to the proposed marriage, and that the necessary consent, if any, to such marriage has been obtained, the Minister will dispense with the giving of notice, issue the certificate, and grant his/her license, known as Form D, authorizing the celebration of a marriage between the parties named in such license.

The couple then selects a date for the wedding, usually within three months from the date the notice was placed with the registry.

Don't forget to invite us to Portsmouth to celebrate your husbands arrival!!!
I would need visa though, don't worry I would sort out my own flight and accommodation.
NB : wine, cognac, bbq and food on you!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:40am On Dec 19, 2015
Lexusgs430:

Don't forget to invite us to Portsmouth to celebrate your husbands arrival!!!
I would need visa though, don't worry I would sort out my own flight and accommodation.
NB : wine, cognac, bbq and food on you!!!

Haha of course smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Thank you very much for your reply. I have already filled all the forms and now they have a different type called "Special", They charge some ridiculous rate and say it will only take 2 weeks to process. They said because it is special they do not have to show it on the notice board. I will go there again a week before the wedding to make sure everything is set because I do not want any last minute issues.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 12:50pm On Dec 19, 2015
Yes @ Jangolo, that's wat i pay for too, was within two weeks. Pay like 60k naira, and on the day paid for certificate and all staff there want us to pay for joy as they call it and also rent flower too. Lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
Oreskid:
Yes @ Jangolo, that's wat i pay for too, was within two weeks. Pay like 60k naira, and on the day paid for certificate and all staff there want us to pay for joy as they call it and also rent flower too. Lol

Hahah I paid 60K too. how much was for the certificate and was it already printed out or they typed it on the day
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
jangolo:

Thank you very much for your reply. I have already filled all the forms and now they have a different type called "Special", They charge some ridiculous rate and say it will only take 2 weeks to process. They said because it is special they do not have to show it on the notice board. I will go there again a week before the wedding to make sure everything is set because I do not want any last minute issues.

Ours was a special too and the fee was higher because I am British, supposedly in and out, however we were nearly the last ones in and we were there all day, despite going there first thing, and the women who filled our marriage certificates put my middle name as my first I had to correct them and the registrar as he kept calling me Marie, when my first name is Karen, absolutely unorganised thats for sure, I made the women do me a correct certificate and they kept the one which she also used tipex on

we got married in March, the special is not a new thing its the fee for non Nigerian marrying a Nigerian or one party is British/other citizen smiley and we had to tip of course...even when they did errors

my husband paid N60,000
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

Ours was a special too and the fee was higher because I am British, supposedly in and out, however we were nearly the last ones in and we were there all day, despite going there first thing, and the women who filled our marriage certificates put my middle name as my first I had to correct them and the registrar as he kept calling me Marie, when my first name is Karen, absolutely unorganised thats for sure, I made the women do me a correct certificate and they kept the one which she also used tipex on

we got married in March, the special is not a new thing its the fee for non Nigerian marrying a Nigerian or one party is British/other citizen smiley and we had to tip of course...even when they did errors

my husband paid N60,000

Yes, very disorganised and money hungry. Hopefully they have improved.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
jangolo:

Yes, very disorganised and money hungry. Hopefully they have improved.

doubt there's any improvement, you may just be lucky to get seen quickly, my husband was losing patience with them as he works at the british embassy he also knew staff at the registry office and made a complaint since the higher fee is for like a quicker process, I also felt like the woman who did our certificates was very biased and looked her nose down at me....probably thinking another oyinbo taking one of our men haha.

And dont get me started on the IOM office for the TB test shocked grin ( couldnt differentiate staff from joe public and unwelcoming, i filled hubby's form out and it asked him for a survey...I made some polite suggestions and common courtesy costs nothing)

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 8:30pm On Dec 19, 2015
Portsmouth86:

doubt there's any improvement, you may just be lucky to get seen quickly, my husband was losing patience with them as he works at the british embassy he also knew staff at the registry office and made a complaint since the higher fee is for like a quicker process, I also felt like the woman who did our certificates was very biased and looked her nose down at me....probably thinking another oyinbo taking one of our men haha.

And dont get me started on the IOM office for the TB test shocked grin ( couldnt differentiate staff from joe public and unwelcoming, i filled hubby's form out and it asked him for a survey...I made some polite suggestions and common courtesy costs nothing)

wow, seems like you got the full experience of the poor customer service we suffer over here. I am going to deal with the IOM office next week, the last time I went through the process it took the whole day.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 8:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
jangolo:

wow, seems like you got the full experience of the poor customer service we suffer over here. I am going to deal with the IOM office next week, the last time I went through the process it took the whole day.

I was just surprised, working within customer service for 15 years it opened my eyes smiley yet the locals are completely the opposite and are very welcoming

My husband had to go back a week later to get the certificate tho sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:27pm On Dec 19, 2015
@ Jangolo, i paid 1k each for the certificate cos it's two copy they will keep one for record and give u the other copy, they just write in the certificate with pen not type
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2015
Oreskid:
@ Jangolo, i paid 1k each for the certificate cos it's two copy they will keep one for record and give u the other copy, they just write in the certificate with pen not type
Alright thanks!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2015
Portsmouth86:

I was just surprised, working within customer service for 15 years it opened my eyes smiley yet the locals are completely the opposite and are very welcoming

My husband had to go back a week later to get the certificate tho sad

lol wow. thanks a lot for the info

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 8:31am On Dec 20, 2015
Portsmouth86:

@Portsmouth86, in relation to medicals , is is just TB test that is required? Also is there requirement to book an appointment with the IOM or is there walk in service.
How long does it take to get the results.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
@ blza, call this number appointment if u re in lagos but result is ready within a day or that same day if u can still check back. Here is the details u need below.

TBS center
1.1 International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
No 5D, Reverend Ogunbiyi Street, Off Oba Akinjobi Way
G.R.A. Ikeja
Lagos
Tel: +234(0) 807 219 1112, or
080 2226 4059, or
090 9215 6079

Email: IOM medical booking
It's better u do over the phone

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
blza:

@Portsmouth86, in relation to medicals , is is just TB test that is required? Also is there requirement to book an appointment with the IOM or is there walk in service.
How long does it take to get the results.

This is the only medical examination its an XRay, and yes you need to book an appointment and before you do you will be asked to make a deposit at the bank for the IOM.

I sent them emails, and they are pretty fast at responding.

Their details are:

Lagos Office

Address:
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No 5D, Reverend Ogunbiyi Street
Off Oba Akinjobi Way
G.R.A. Ikeja – Lagos.

Tel: +234 (0) 807 219 1112, +234 (0) 80 2226 4059, +234 (0) 90 9215 6079
E-Mail: iomlagosmedicalbooking@iom.int (email them here or call them)
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2015
jangolo:

lol wow. thanks a lot for the info

No worries, his appt was on a Friday so could be why it was so long until he could collect the results/certificate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by noirAlex(m): 1:23am On Dec 21, 2015
jangolo:

We paid the fast track fee(N55000) that way we were the ones that chose the counselling date(17th) and wedding date(18th)...so yes booked those days about a week in advance. Greasing palms tend to get results faster!! we were quite lucky cos everything went smoothly, in and out straight away with zero delay and everyone was quite polite and nice(especially to oyinbo wife). Arrived back on friday 18th(exactly a month after our wedding), Immigration officer at Gatwick did not even ask for my TB certificate, he was more interested in my accent! Grilled me thoroughly but became very friendly once he was satisfied lol.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 8:32am On Dec 21, 2015
noirAlex:

We paid the fast track fee(N55000) that way we were the ones that chose the counselling date(17th) and wedding date(18th)...so yes booked those days about a week in advance. Greasing palms tend to get results faster!! we were quite lucky cos everything went smoothly, in and out straight away with zero delay and everyone was quite polite and nice(especially to oyinbo wife). Arrived back on friday 18th(exactly a month after our wedding), Immigration officer at Gatwick did not even ask for my TB certificate, he was more interested in my accent! Grilled me thoroughly but became very friendly once he was satisfied lol.

Thank you for your message. I paid 60K for the special fast track too, glad to hear you have arrived safely and reunited with your wife.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by phardey: 12:39pm On Dec 21, 2015
@justwise @girlflo @lexusG460
You guys are the best I must say. I moved to the UK in July after getting my Spouse Visa in June. I just came to read to the threads Reading the threads brought tears to my eyes. It's been a fantastic journey. I'm all settled here now. Got a job in Sept.... similar to the role I was working in while I was in Nigeria.
I pray everyone will get their Visas ... (Amen)

Just wanted to thank you guys.

@portsmouth, Gosh I admire your strength and courage. I've been following your posts since I applied for my spouse Visa in April. I kept reading the thread and was praying I will read your success story. Its almost here sweety. Good luck.
Best to luck to everyone.
This is going to be the 1st xmas I'm spending with my husband this since we got married in 2013.

Merry Xmas Everyone.

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by girlfio: 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
Have a wonderful Christmas with your husband Phardey, the first of many to come. smiley smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
phardey:
@justwise @girlflo @lexusG460
You guys are the best I must say. I moved to the UK in July after getting my Spouse Visa in June. I just came to read to the threads Reading the threads brought tears to my eyes. It's been a fantastic journey. I'm all settled here now. Got a job in Sept.... similar to the role I was working in while I was in Nigeria.
I pray everyone will get their Visas ... (Amen)

Just wanted to thank you guys.

@portsmouth, Gosh I admire your strength and courage. I've been following your posts since I applied for my spouse Visa in April. I kept reading the thread and was praying I will read your success story. Its almost here sweety. Good luck.
Best to luck to everyone.
This is going to be the 1st xmas I'm spending with my husband this since we got married in 2013.

Merry Xmas Everyone.

Congratulations. I presume you were referring to me. I claim the Lexusgx460!!!!
NB: We are expecting our Nandos invite!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.