Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1040846 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 9:42am On Jan 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Ladies and gents

Does anyone know how much it is to get a certified copy of our marriage certificate from Ikoyi registry office?

Got hubby to go ask he's saying it's 40,000 naira... For a certificate really?? Here it's like 3,000 naira big difference and also apparently they need my passport data page and a passport pic

Sounds like a scam, I just wanted to get one as ours is with home office and need it to apply for my Nigerian spouse visa smiley

That is probably the price because Its a special marriage lol. It is ridiculous tbh! I think the best thing to do is instead of applying for a Nigerian Spouse Visa just apply for the normal visit visa and get one of his relatives to write the invitation letter.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Jan 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:
Ladies and gents

Does anyone know how much it is to get a certified copy of our marriage certificate from Ikoyi registry office?

Got hubby to go ask he's saying it's 40,000 naira... For a certificate really?? Here it's like 3,000 naira big difference and also apparently they need my passport data page and a passport pic

Sounds like a scam, I just wanted to get one as ours is with home office and need it to apply for my Nigerian spouse visa smiley

You want to apply for a Nigerian Spouse visa? I thought hubby was meant to be joining you soonest?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2016
jangolo:

That is probably the price because Its a special marriage lol. It is ridiculous tbh! I think the best thing to do is instead of applying for a Nigerian Spouse Visa just apply for the normal visit visa and get one of his relatives to write the invitation letter.

My apologies that's not the fee for a visa but for a copy of our marriage certificate from Ikoyi registry office

Visa fee is nr double that sad
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 10:59am On Jan 04, 2016
Lexusgs430:

You want to apply for a Nigerian Spouse visa? I thought hubby was meant to be joining you soonest?

Yes as I still wanna go see him ....miss him too much smiley

Wanna go and bring him back with me but still need to apply for a visa, it's still a visit visa but as I'm now married I have to supply my marriage certificate and its same category just Nigerian spouse visa if that makes sense smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Yes as I still wanna go see him ....miss him too much smiley

Wanna go and bring him back with me but still need to apply for a visa, it's still a visit visa but as I'm now married I have to supply my marriage certificate and its same category just Nigerian spouse visa if that makes sense smiley

You are one very brave loving woman. I have never heard of the reverse application before!!! Goodluck in your quest!!!

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:

My apologies that's not the fee for a visa but for a copy of our marriage certificate from Ikoyi registry office

Visa fee is nr double that sad

I am guessing you are planning to come to nigeria soon? Its just best to either get the multiple entry visa in the future. Does anyone know the process for getting a Nigerian passport for a spouse?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olusola009: 1:44pm On Jan 04, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I just got married to my wife who is lawful permanent resident (LPR) of USA, she is currently with me in Nigeria but will be returning back to the state next week cus of her job, am planning to use my leave (off work) with her in February so i need to file an application to visit (B1/B2).

My question is this, can you assist with a breakdown of how to apply for this.

Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:04pm On Jan 04, 2016
olusola009:
Hello Everyone,

I just got married to my wife who is lawful permanent resident (LPR) of USA, she is currently with me in Nigeria but will be returning back to the state next week cus of her job, am planning to use my leave (off work) with her in February so i need to file an application to visit (B1/B2).

My question is this, can you assist with a breakdown of how to apply for this.

Thanks.

Repost in the right thread for better response. This is a UK thread.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:35am On Jan 05, 2016
jangolo:

I am guessing you are planning to come to nigeria soon? Its just best to either get the multiple entry visa in the future. Does anyone know the process for getting a Nigerian passport for a spouse?

This will be my 4th time coming to Nigeria, 2nd since we married and the Nigerian High commission have already seen our original certificate to give me my last visa when i came to Naija in October 2015.

I already made enquiries about the passport and I can only get a Nigerian passport if i am a Nigerian resident.

All I want is a certified copy of our marriage certificate, why is it so difficult, in the UK if I needed a copy of a birth/death/marriage certificate its just £10 to get a replacement yet in Lagos they want £120 odd just for an additional copy, that's daylight robbery, if its not the UK immigration making it difficult for us to see each other so is the Nigerian Immigration just makes me sick angry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:27am On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

This will be my 4th time coming to Nigeria, 2nd since we married and the Nigerian High commission have already seen our original certificate to give me my last visa when i came to Naija in October 2015.

I already made enquiries about the passport and I can only get a Nigerian passport if i am a Nigerian resident.

All I want is a certified copy of our marriage certificate, why is it so difficult, in the UK if I needed a copy of a birth/death/marriage certificate its just £10 to get a replacement yet in Lagos they want £120 odd just for an additional copy, that's daylight robbery, if its not the UK immigration making it difficult for us to see each other so is the Nigerian Immigration just makes me sick angry

In my summation a replacement certificate should not be that expensive.
Have you personally called the registry to inquire about the quoted price?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:39am On Jan 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

In my summation a replacement certificate should not be that expensive.
Have you personally called the registry to inquire about the quoted price?

I will be calling them, but my husband said they also require a copy of my passport data page and a passport photo, I explained to him this shouldn't be required since he should be allowed to get a copy without my say so, I believe its because he mentioned I'm British, its the only reason I can think of why he was told that information, it just doesn't sound right, need a job doing do it yourself I guess lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:43am On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I will be calling them, but my husband said they also require a copy of my passport data page and a passport photo, I explained to him this shouldn't be required since he should be allowed to get a copy without my say so, I believe its because he mentioned I'm British, its the only reason I can think of why he was told that information, it just doesn't sound right, need a job doing do it yourself I guess lol

The requested information is simply to ensure the right person is trying to obtain a reissue of the marriage certificate.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 3:39am On Jan 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

The requested information is simply to ensure the right person is trying to obtain a reissue of the marriage certificate.

Yes but he is my husband, why would he need proof to obtain one? Surely he should just submit his although his Passport is with home office smiley

I didn't need to show ID to get a copy of my own birth certificate at Portsmouth registry office, I just needed to know information that no one else would know.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:44am On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Yes but he is my husband, why would he need proof to obtain one? Surely he should just submit his although his Passport is with home office smiley

I didn't need to show ID to get a copy of my own birth certificate at Portsmouth registry office, I just needed to know information that no one else would know.

Is Portsmouth registry, Ikoyi registry? Different organisations have varying protocols.
Portsmouth Registry has an updated database, all they need to ask are certain personal questions.
Does Ikoyi registry have an updated database?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:29am On Jan 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Is Portsmouth registry, Ikoyi registry? Different organisations have varying protocols.
Portsmouth Registry has an updated database, all they need to ask are certain personal questions.
Does Ikoyi registry have an updated database?

I'm not saying its the same, its really not too difficult for them to ask my husband security details, why do they need just mine? and the fee £120 for a 2 second job.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:38am On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I'm not saying its the same, its really not too difficult for them to ask my husband security details, why do they need just mine? and the fee £120 for a 2 second job.

All the above questions I cannot answer, has I have no affiliation to the ikoyi registry.
Hopefully when you call them in the morning, all information you require, would be answered.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:17am On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Sorry to hear that, I know it is very ridiculous. As advised earlier the best thing to do, is to get a relative of his to write the invitation letter and attach a photocopy of their passport and you can go apply for the visit visa. Make sure to have a minimum of 500 pounds in your bank account when you print your statements and you are ready to apply.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 9:05am On Jan 05, 2016
@ portsmouth86, so sorry to hear all this, I will advice not to call them, cos that will make u pay more. It's better to go with Jangolo advice, u will get a visa with or without wedding certificate. You have been here more than twice
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I tried calling them thrice, but they are not picking up. Simply wanted to inquire about cost of marriage certificate reissue.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by N101: 2:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

[quote author=Portsmouth86 post=41663091]
I would advise you against calling them. As Oreskid said, the price will probably go up.

You may want to enquire about a multiple entry visa, rather than a single entry visa if that would be more useful to you. Good luck.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Why does it seem people are against finding out what the actual price for marriage certificate reissue is?
It's best to find out original price then one can compare. If the information is not useful for Portsmouth86, it could be useful for someone else!!!

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Guys.

I just want to ask a couple of questions, looking for a bit of assistance. I have applied for a UK spouse visa online and I have been given a date to submit the application and biometrics in ikeja. I would like to know the following:
1) is it true I still have to pay a fee at the ikeja office when I'm submitting my documents.
2) is my application handled in Nigeria or sent out to Sheffield.
3) Is my spouse in the UK required to summit any other additional documents. I read somewhere I'm only to submit the application form and my spouse is the one submitting the other documents from the UK to Sheffield.
4) I also heard there will be no need for interviews as decisions will be made out interviews.
5) can someone please tell me how long does the application process usually take
6) how quickly is the submission of documents done in ikeja or should I expect to spend the whole day there.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, guess I'm nervous and want to know what to expect. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
Jeljay:
Hello Guys.

I just want to ask a couple of questions, looking for a bit of assistance. I have applied for a UK spouse visa online and I have been given a date to submit the application and biometrics in ikeja. I would like to know the following:
1) is it true I still have to pay a fee at the ikeja office when I'm submitting my documents.
2) is my application handled in Nigeria or sent out to Sheffield.
3) Is my spouse in the UK required to summit any other additional documents. I read somewhere I'm only to submit the application form and my spouse is the one submitting the other documents from the UK to Sheffield.
4) I also heard there will be no need for interviews as decisions will be made out interviews.
5) can someone please tell me how long does the application process usually take
6) how quickly is the submission of documents done in ikeja or should I expect to spend the whole day there.

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, guess I'm nervous and want to know what to expect. Thanks.

Hi,
From your numerous questions I am guessing you have not done much research about the whole process. I hope you have gathered all the necessary evidence and documents as requested. I will advice you should read through this topic and get more information from our great experts on this visa. Back to your questions
1.) All fees will be paid online before attending your appointment unless you opt for the VIP service at TLS
2.) Spouse visa is handled in shiefield and not Nigeria. Your application form and biometrics will be sent to shiefield.
3.) Your spouse or you will have to post the additional documents to an address in shiefield. This will include employment details, bank statements, relationship evidence and many more.. please do some research and make sure you have all the necessary documents.
4.) Interviews will most likely be conducted so just prepare for it. Some people don't have interviews but best to be ready.
5.) The process can take up to 60 working days
6.) Everyone has an appointment time, shouldnt take more than 30 mins as it is the off peak period

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Oreskid: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
1. Yes, Ikeja is services pay center but will be added to your payment before u can pay if u choose Ikeja as ur point of submission. If not choose VI and u will not pay for service center.
2. Sent to Sheffield, spousal visa is not handle by UK embassy Nigeria
3. Yes. Your spouse will do but if u have all the supporting documents u can send them with DHL to Sheffield yourself that's how I did mine in Sept
4. Interviews will be done but I don't think it's 100% just tell ur spouse to get ready and guru here will help u out when the time comes and ur spouse should make her phone ready for call from Sheffield visa section
5. 12 weeks or more, mine took 13 weeks but was contacted on the 12 weeks on Wats going on about my application with them
6. Nope, within 30 - 45 mins if u re interviewed but if no interview less than that.
Hope that helps

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by N101: 9:01pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Why does it seem people are against finding out what the actual price for marriage certificate reissue is?
It's best to find out original price then one can compare. If the information is not useful for Portsmouth86, it could be useful for someone else!!!
Personally, whoever told me that a copy of my marriage certificate was 40k. I'd make sure I got s name first, I would make no fuss and say thank you, then report them to a higher up (especially if the local government are responsible for running the place).

I don't think anyone is against finding out the actual price of a replacement certificate, but I'm not convinced that those guardians will be honest enough to tell you the real price. It wouldn't surprise me if you'll probably be quoted different prices from different registries.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by jangolo: 9:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
N101:

Personally, whoever told me that a copy of my marriage certificate was 40k. I'd make sure I got s name first, I would make no fuss and say thank you, then report them to a higher up (especially if the local government are responsible for running the place).

I don't think anyone is against finding out the actual price of a replacement certificate, but I'm not convinced that those guardians will be honest enough to tell you the real price. It wouldn't surprise me if you'll probably be quoted different prices from different registries.

Yes you are right, they add to the original cost. Like for a special marriage (marriage with a foreigner) they charged 60,000 but when I went back and looked through my file I saw a receipt of 25,000 Naira
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
jangolo:

Hi,
From your numerous questions I am guessing you have not done much research about the whole process. I hope you have gathered all the necessary evidence and documents as requested.

@jangolo, just cause I asked some questions doesn't mean I haven't done my research, I only asked to double check the research I have done, plus some of the questions can only be answered by people who have done it in the past, such as how long does it take to support the application form and documents, which some member of the forums were able to answer. Thank you to the people who were able to answer my questions, it's been much appreciated.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jeljay: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
Oreskid:
1. Yes, Ikeja is services pay center but will be added to your payment before u can pay if u choose Ikeja as ur point of submission. If not choose VI and u will not pay for service center.
2. Sent to Sheffield, spousal visa is not handle by UK embassy Nigeria
3. Yes. Your spouse will do but if u have all the supporting documents u can send them with DHL to Sheffield yourself that's how I did mine in Sept
4. Interviews will be done but I don't think it's 100% just tell ur spouse to get ready and guru here will help u out when the time comes and ur spouse should make her phone ready for call from Sheffield visa section
5. 12 weeks or more, mine took 13 weeks but was contacted on the 12 weeks on Wats going on about my application with them
6. Nope, within 30 - 45 mins if u re interviewed but if no interview less than that.
Hope that helps

Thanks a lot that was very helpful.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by N101: 10:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
jangolo:

Yes you are right, they add to the original cost. Like for a special marriage (marriage with a foreigner) they charged 60,000 but when I went back and looked through my file I saw a receipt of 25,000 Naira
As I've learned, those in the registry see weddings as a time to make money - after all, as someone said to me, people get married when they have money.

The fact that you are marrying a foreigner means you (and the person) have lots ofmoney!

I would think if the original certificate cost anywhere between 2k-3k, a replacement shouldn't cost more than 5k. But Nigerian factor, 10k+, depending on the person you're asking.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:17am On Jan 06, 2016
Oreskid:
@ portsmouth86, so sorry to hear all this, I will advice not to call them, cos that will make u pay more. It's better to go with Jangolo advice, u will get a visa with or without wedding certificate. You have been here more than twice

yes i agree, its just so damn frustrating grrr lol

I will get around the issue, i just hope that the home office dont lose our marriage certificate smiley

thank you everyone for your help and advice, i really appreciate it.
@jangolo, @N101, @Lexusgs430

jangolo:

this is not for a marriage, we are already married and yes we were charged for a special marriage, not sure what that means since we waiting and was treated with complete disrespect, for a copy of a marriage certificate being a cost of 40k naira is ridiculous its no different of a certificate to that of a Nigerian/Nigerian marriage.

I have emailed on the Ministry of interior contact page, but put my husbands name, to ask about the fees so once i get a response i will get my husband to take it to the registry office smiley

http://interior.gov.ng/index.php/contact-information
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 4:29am On Jan 06, 2016
Portsmouth86:

yes i agree, its just so damn frustrating grrr lol

I will get around the issue, i just hope that the home office dont lose our marriage certificate smiley

thank you everyone for your help and advice, i really appreciate it.
@jangolo, @N101, @Lexusgs430

this is not for a marriage, we are already married and yes we were charged for a special marriage, not sure what that means since we waiting and was treated with complete disrespect, for a copy of a marriage certificate being a cost of 40k naira is ridiculous its no different of a certificate to that of a Nigerian/Nigerian marriage.

I have emailed on the Ministry of interior contact page, but put my husbands name, to ask about the fees so once i get a response i will get my husband to take it to the registry office smiley

http://interior.gov.ng/index.php/contact-information

If that email gets a response, I would surely show you a pink elephant or flying pig!!!
Don't hold your breath!!!
The home office are not likely to lose your marriage certificate. But once documents are returned, you know hubby is coming over soonest and a replacement marriage certificate, would no longer be required.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:30am On Jan 06, 2016
N101:

I will get information, and once i do i will let all know what the fees are, I asked my husband on the day to get an additional copy but he forgot.

N101:

As I've learned, those in the registry see weddings as a time to make money - after all, as someone said to me, people get married when they have money.
The fact that you are marrying a foreigner means you (and the person) have lots ofmoney!
I would think if the original certificate cost anywhere between 2k-3k, a replacement shouldn't cost more than 5k. But Nigerian factor, 10k+, depending on the person you're asking.

that's how much it is for a replacement here in the UK, i know its completely different countries however to charge close to the fee of actually getting married is stupid, i told my husband he needs to be firm with them, and not even to mention where am from afterall that shouldnt come into it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.