Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1043443 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mrbyron(m): 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello All,

My Wife got her spouse VISA. Yaaaaay! She kept asking me to check my account to see if the IHS was refunded but I refused. grin I applied with priority and it took just 3 days for her VISA to be stamped. However while doing this, ensure you have a well documented application pack. None of us was called for interview.

My timeline is as follows:

VISA APPLICATION TIMELINE

15/02/2016 ~ Online application on www.gov.uk
19/02/2016 ~ Appointment at TLScontact Ikeja for Biometrics. Paid for Priority Service
22/02/2016 ~ Response from Sheffield by email confirming receipt of documents from TLScontact
26/02/2016 ~ Sent supporting documents to UKVI Sheffield by Royalmail Special Delivery Guaranteed
29/02/2016 ~ Documents reached UKVI Sheffield PO Box at 07:18
04/03/2016 ~ Decision made email from TLScontact and UKVI Sheffield
05/03/2016 ~ Received supporting documents from UKVI Sheffield
08/03/2016 ~ Collection email received from TLScontact
09/03/2016 ~ Passport collected, Visa stamped on March 3

How much did you pay for priority please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello MrByron,

The priority cost and all relevant information can be found on TLS contact website. If the site says settlement priority is not available in Nigeria, go ahead and still pay as that is an outdated disclaimer.

The priority cost is £360. This is non-refundable. So please ensure you have a smooth application pack, all areas covered. The timeline for the priority is based on each applicant and is relative to the straightforwardness of the documents enclosed.

Best wishes.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by mrbyron(m): 8:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello MrByron,

The priority cost and all relevant information can be found on TLS contact website. If the site says settlement priority is not available in Nigeria, go ahead and still pay as that is an outdated disclaimer.

The priority cost is £360. This is non-refundable. So please ensure you have a smooth application pack, all areas covered. The timeline for the priority is based on each applicant and is relative to the straightforwardness of the documents enclosed.

Best wishes.

Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2016
makB:
Hi @saratkum from most people's timelines, I observed that the 12 weeks started from the date of the biometrics. I applied a few weeks after you. Fingers crossed we are all successful.
Ahhh thanks for your response! That means we r 9 weeks today! Good luck to us all x
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 10:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello house please I need your help,am currently in uk but am coming to Nigeria to do my settlement visa,but I have a few things really worrying me and I will like to get it out here for assistance,firstly my wife lives with me at my house,but the house belong to me and mymother,my wife who is my sponsor only receives letters at the house,now am doing my application I don't no if only a letter stating my wife lives there by the landlord (mother and I) will be enough for the accommodation part of the application together with of course the house papers,secondly can the tuberculosis test be done in any hospital or are there specific hospitals you have to do them,Thirdly can you still do the priority service if you have a previous case file in the uk rejected before.Thank you house
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hello Ibs45bae,

I may not know why you want to return to Nigeria to apply, perhaps the visa you already hold does not allow you apply to remain with family.

You might need to check https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk for an understanding of the requirements. The requirement is that your sponsor should have a suitable place, but your case is somewhat different. You might want to include your spouse's name in the electoral register as eligible to vote under your house which you co-own with your mother. That way your wife is recognised at that address. Your sponsor needs to explain all this in the letter they would write. Others can throw more light on this accommodation bit for you.

As for the TB test, if you choose your clinic, it's an automatic failure. There are about two clinics the UKVI recognises in all of Nigeria, one in Lagos and the other in Abuja. Find the image below for the contacts. It's about 26k in naira.

You can find the link on the TB testing in Nigeria on the UKVI website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

Then for priority, am not sure. The best thing is not to pay for priority when you register with TLS contact. Apply as normal and register as normal and book your appointment for biometrics. Then when you get to the facility, before getting in ask the staff if you could do priority since you had previously been denied. Make sure you do this before you submit your documents there. If it's possible then pay for it there. My wife only paid for priority upon getting to the TLS appointment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 11:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hi house need your help,iwant to submit my application before the new law passes on March 31st..how many days between online application has been handed in do I have to do my biometrics and when does the 2 weeks rule apply because my English test is not till the 7th.Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 12:11am On Mar 16, 2016
@brightingsus Thank you,I no longer have a stay here,hence am coming home to do my application I just want it to be on point.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 12:35am On Mar 16, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello Ibs45bae,

I may not know why you want to return to Nigeria to apply, perhaps the visa you already hold does not allow you apply to remain with family.

You might need to check https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk for an understanding of the requirements. The requirement is that your sponsor should have a suitable place, but your case is somewhat different. You might want to include your spouse's name in the electoral register as eligible to vote under your house which you co-own with your mother. That way your wife is recognised at that address. Your sponsor needs to explain all this in the letter they would write. Others can throw more light on this accommodation bit for you.

As for the TB test, if you choose your clinic, it's an automatic failure. There are about two clinics the UKVI recognises in all of Nigeria, one in Lagos and the other in Abuja. Find the image below for the contacts. It's about 26k in naira.

You can find the link on the TB testing in Nigeria on the UKVI website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

Then for priority, am not sure. The best thing is not to pay for priority when you register with TLS contact. Apply as normal and register as normal and book your appointment for biometrics. Then when you get to the facility, before getting in ask the staff if you could do priority since you had previously been denied. Make sure you do this before you submit your documents there. If it's possible then pay for it there. My wife only paid for priority upon getting to the TLS appointment.

Priority can only be paid for on the day of biometrics as they need to add manually add that service to your account and then ask you to make the payment online. The service is currently not available for applicants in Nigeria at the point of registration
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 12:45am On Mar 16, 2016
Hi @blza I noticed in your application pack you had enclosed "applicants cover letter". What did you mean by this...would you be able to post an example?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 3:02am On Mar 16, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Is the house owned? or council?

*Letter from mother to state happy for you to live there and specify size of property & how many people live in the property
*I would include a photo of each room

if its a council property then a letter from the landlords to confirm you can reside at the property.

your wife will not need to show house bills,her bank statements will show this address.

Thank you!

House is owned
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 3:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Hi house need your help,iwant to submit my application before the new law passes on March 31st..how many days between online application has been handed in do I have to do my biometrics and when does the 2 weeks rule apply because my English test is not till the 7th.Thank you

What are the changes to be effected on March 31st please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 10:56am On Mar 16, 2016
Hello Batba1,

The revised fees would be introduced; it should be April 5 though. The Visa application fees would go up as this is the case from year to year.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:29am On Mar 16, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello Batba1,

The revised fees would be introduced; it should be April 5 though. The Visa application fees would go up as this is the case from year to year.

The new UK immigration fees are effective in 2 days time . On 18 March .
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/503759/2016_Unit_Costs_Table.pdf
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 11:35am On Mar 16, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Hi @blza I noticed in your application pack you had enclosed "applicants cover letter". What did you mean by this...would you be able to post an example?

The applicant cover letter was used to address any concerns that may possibly arise from the information in the application form. We didn't use the additional info page on the last page cos we wanted to address a few issues(we just wrote - see applicant's cover letter on that page). Example , my hubby lost one of his old passport and hv no record of it. We stated that on the form then explain that on the letter, mentioning the place it and estimated time it was issued and when it went missing. My hubby also mentioned in a very few lines his intentions to join his family hence the application. Etc etc etc.

The format: mention the section on the form you are referring to and add the extra information.

If you have had a refusal , it can be mentioned there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:54am On Mar 16, 2016
Saratkum:
Ahhh thanks for your response! That means we r 9 weeks today! Good luck to us all x

hello babe, happy birthday to you and myself, we are both birthday mates.... wishing you the best today, more years of long life, joy, happiness and more, be merry, have fun and if you are in lag feel free to holla, hanging out with my birthday mates would be so much fun....

https://www.nairaland.com/2991693/3rdlegxxx-year-older-16.03.2016-march#43818056
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Saratkum(f): 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

hello babe, happy birthday to you and myself, we are both birthday mates.... wishing you the best today, more years of long life, joy, happiness and more, be merry, have fun and if you are in lag feel free to holla, hanging out with my birthday mates would be so much fun....

https://www.nairaland.com/2991693/3rdlegxxx-year-older-16.03.2016-march#43818056
Awww thanks dear! Hope you have an awesome day bday bud! ^_____^*
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
Saratkum:
Awww thanks dear! Hope you have an awesome day bday bud! ^_____^*

yes, mine is going just fine thank you, do enjoy

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bibra800: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hello everyone! Hello Again Justwise. I was on here a couple of years ago for help on my masters visa application .I see you are still doing a wonderful job .

I've got a number of questions regarding the spousal visa application. Other than the bank statement and marriage certificate, I read o. The gov.uk website that we are too provide proof of out relationship. What might this be? We have been on a number of holidays together spanning 6 countries. Would pictures of this be fine ? If not ,what else? Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bankyg04: 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2016
Davdar:
Congratulations to everyone who has been granted their spouse visa. Those of us waiting we celebrate with you all and pray we also share the good news very soon. Appeals take ages and sometimes is better to reapply. We got refused in October and did appeal same month. The court wrote to us in December and gave us 15 weeks which ends coming Tuesday. Am praying we hear good news in Jesus name cus the waiting is killing. Still no refund of NHIS.
Hi, Pls I'm exactly in your shoes at the moment and expect their response by April 13 which must have completed 15weeks wait..pls could you fill me on the feedback and what the next process is as I actually expected the ECM decision overturned considering the fact that my wife was refused based on communication evidence. Thanks smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Davdar: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
bankyg04:

Hi, Pls I'm exactly in your shoes at the moment and expect their response by April 13 which must have completed 15weeks wait..pls could you fill me on the feedback and what the next process is as I actually expected the ECM decision overturned considering the fact that my wife was refused based on communication evidence. Thanks smiley

Hi Banky

Our 15weeks ended yesterday and up till now, we haven't heard anything. I called the appeal court but they told me they haven't heard anything from them. My hubby was also refused based on communication printout not enough. I heard they have backlog but will update you if anything comes up and pls try to also update me as well. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by bankyg04: 6:02pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hi Davdar

Alright no worries.. I think you should call the tribunal or wait till next Monday before ringing them again cos this wait is becoming a bit endless. I wish us the best and will keep you updated of any information. Cheers!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
Thanks family for the reply to my question.i really appreciate it alot.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:57pm On Mar 16, 2016
Bibra800:
Hello everyone! Hello Again Justwise. I was on here a couple of years ago for help on my masters visa application .I see you are still doing a wonderful job .

I've got a number of questions regarding the spousal visa application. Other than the bank statement and marriage certificate, I read o. The gov.uk website that we are too provide proof of out relationship. What might this be? We have been on a number of holidays together spanning 6 countries. Would pictures of this be fine ? If not ,what else? Thank you

Long time Bibra800, good to see you here again.

Proof of relationship list is endless but they are things like.. Pictures taken together, email, whatsapp, text, call history and other form of chats between both of you. You can also include in that list...evidence of gift given to each other...cash or other material gifts are in that list..etc
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 1:42pm On Mar 17, 2016
hello, please i need to be sure of this. my wife meet the financial requirement by income from salaried employment only, what category will that be? A or B
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2016
Obabola,

It is category A, but that salaried employment must be consistent for at least 6 months or so.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Jerry55: 12:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Hello all,
I applied for spouse visa using online application form on https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ . However, i am not sure if paid the IHS, yet I managed to complete the application. i was given a IHS reference number via email. But i did not get a payment confirmation email for the IHS payment but i got a email for payment confirmation for the application fee. I am applying from Nigeria.
This is the email i received.

UK Visas & Immigration

Immigration health surcharge complete

Date: Mar 17, 2016
Name:
IHS reference number: IHS*********

This email confirms your immigration health surcharge (IHS) reference number.

If you made a payment, you should have received a separate email receipt from Worldpay.

What you need to do next

Finish your visa application and include your IHS reference number.

If you’re applying in person at a premium service centre, you’ll need your IHS reference number when you attend your appointment.

Find out more

Contact UKVI

Immigration health surcharge

Additionally, I tried to use the old IHS Portal https://www.immigration-health-surcharge.service.gov.uk/payment/start it does not seem to work either. In the end, the page said "You don’t need to continue. You need to pay the IHS in your visa application if you’re applying from outside the UK”.

Please help me solve this problem. Thanks in advance.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bbken: 8:09am On Mar 19, 2016
Hello justwise,Portsmouth and every guru in this house I need your help and way forward cos am really worried cry,
I applied for spouse on 29 December and only to get decision email on 16 march and on 18 March IHS was returned into my account, also supporting documents was returned to hubby same day 16 March but am yet to receive collection email.
In our supporting documents, my university degree certificate, UK Naric certificate which I used as prove of English, TB certificate, call log print out, WhatsApp chat history over 200pages and some other documents were not returned to him.
I have visited him before in the UK before our marriage,
Please my good people what those this indicate?
Will I receive the remaining documents here because we sent all the documents together in one envelop.
Ones I pick it will let you know what I have.
Please I need your response. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:14am On Mar 19, 2016
Bbken:
Hello justwise,Portsmouth and every guru in this house I need your help and way forward cos am really worried cry,
I applied for spouse on 29 December and only to get decision email on 16 march and on 18 March IHS was returned into my account, also supporting documents was returned to hubby same day 16 March but am yet to receive collection email.
In our supporting documents, my university degree certificate, UK Naric certificate which I used as prove of English, TB certificate, call log print out, WhatsApp chat history over 200pages and some other documents were not returned to him.
I have visited him before in the UK before our marriage,
Please my good people what those this indicate?
Will I receive the remaining documents here because we sent all the documents together in one envelop.
Ones I pick it will let you know what I have.
Please I need your response. Thanks

Are those originals or photo copies?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bbken: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2016
They are all original documents, I sent both original and photocopies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.