Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041650 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:48pm On Mar 03, 2016
Jerry55:
But it clearly states that a cash savings of the applicants partner or the applicant.

you are correct only the sponsor is considered when using employment to meet the financial requirements, when it comes to savings its both sponsor and applicants savings that can be combined, as long as they have been in the account for 6 months continuously and you can provide evidence of its origin, if its a gift then a letter to state the money it for your own use, and the funds are immediately accessible smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:49pm On Mar 03, 2016
obabola123:
Hello house, please do my wife need to change all her documents name to my surname before i apply?

Not at all, many women dont change their names
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2016
justwise:

I have seen that guideline before hence the reason why I asked if the money was earned in the UK as the guideline keep making reference to that.

I have never read or come across a case where an applicant who is not a UK permanent resident/citizen and not the main sponsor acts as a sponsor.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/469692/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_August_2015.pdf

3.1.2. Income and cash savings must be in the name of the applicant, their partner or jointly.
However, income and cash savings of a dependent child of the applicant can also be
included once the child has turned 18 years of age.

look at that link and ctrl F 'cash savings' you will find everything relating to it smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
Portsmouth86:

when using savings this is not the case, it can be from both the sponsor and the applicant smiley

Yes but my understanding of that is in the case where the money is made in the UK by a partner who has the right to work in the UK..e.g somebody on work visa etc
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:08am On Mar 04, 2016
justwise:

Yes but my understanding of that is in the case where the money is made in the UK by a partner who has the right to work in the UK..e.g somebody on work visa etc

not at all the savings can be gifted by family but need to show prove of such, and no loans can be accepted.

you need to show the source of the funds (e.g. demonstrate that it's not the proceeds of money-laundering ) and it can't be in a bank on the prohibited list, and it needs to be in an instantly accessible account (e.g. cash, or cash ISA - not stocks or shares)

page 46 of the appendix clearly states this:

An amount based on the cash savings above £16,000 held by the applicant, their
partner, or both jointly for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application and under
their control can count towards the financial requirement where applicable
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:18am On Mar 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:

not at all the savings can be gifted by family but need to show prove of such, and no loans can be accepted.

you need to show the source of the funds (e.g. demonstrate that it's not the proceeds of money-laundering ) and it can't be in a bank on the prohibited list, and it needs to be in an instantly accessible account (e.g. cash, or cash ISA - not stocks or shares)

page 46 of the appendix clearly states this:

An amount based on the cash savings above £16,000 held by the applicant, their
partner, or both jointly for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application and under
their control can count towards the financial requirement where applicable

That is not the case, gift by family or promise of help by a third party does not account. The money has to come from either of them or both.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:28am On Mar 04, 2016
justwise:

That is not the case, gift by family or promise of help by a third party does not account. The money has to come from either of them or both.

subsidy or financial support from a third party is not allowed but gift is allowed

7.4.1. Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the
applicant, their partner or the couple jointly. The savings can be from any legal source,
including a gift from a family member or other third party, provided the source of the
cash savings is declared. The applicant and/or their partner must confirm that the
money, which cannot be borrowed, is under their control and evidence that it has been
held in their bank account for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:37am On Mar 04, 2016
Portsmouth86:

subsidy or financial support from a third party is not allowed but gift is allowed

7.4.1. Savings must be held in cash in a personal bank/savings account in the name of the
applicant, their partner or the couple jointly. The savings can be from any legal source,
including a gift from a family member or other third party, provided the source of the
cash savings is declared. The applicant and/or their partner must confirm that the
money, which cannot be borrowed, is under their control and evidence that it has been
held in their bank account for at least the 6 months prior to the date of application.

In 3.3.1: it stated that..Promises of support from a third party cannot be counted towards the financial requirement. The applicant and their partner must have the required resources under their own control, not somebody else’s. Promises of support from a third party are
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:13am On Mar 04, 2016
justwise:

In 3.3.1: it stated that..Promises of support from a third party cannot be counted towards the financial requirement. The applicant and their partner must have the required resources under their own control, not somebody else’s. Promises of support from a third party are

Support is different then someone gifting money, support is ongoing whereas a gift is a one time thing honestly this is allowed you can check through all the document it's all there and on the forums britcits and fb many people have used savings from both partners and via gifts from their parents Google it, will come up with it smiley

Plus like I mentioned it has to be in their control, a promise is just a promise which cannot be guaranteed smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 10:18am On Mar 04, 2016
Please house, my wife work contract is lost and it not easy for her to get another one, what can we do about it?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:56am On Mar 04, 2016
obabola123:
Please house, my wife work contract is lost and it not easy for her to get another one, what can we do about it?

She should submit payslips, bank statements and P60. She could easily head to HR and request a letter and terms of employment.
It's all stored on a J Drive and very easy to retrieve.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 11:56am On Mar 04, 2016
blza:

All the best. Crossing everything for u smiley

GOD DID IT
I got my visaaaaaaa.....

Brb...will share my time line soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 12:05pm On Mar 04, 2016
Congrats Tathula,

Oluwa be praised. No UKVI shall separate us from our spouses IJN...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Mar 04, 2016
thatula:

GOD DID IT
I got my visaaaaaaa.....

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by makB: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
Congratulations @thatula grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
thatula:

GOD DID IT
I got my visaaaaaaa.....

Yaaaaaay.....God has done it!!! So happy for you! Am expecting my goodnews next week too!

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2016
thatula:

GOD DID IT
I got my visaaaaaaa.....

grin fantastic news. Congrats! I am so hopeful of a good news next week grin

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by spiceymma: 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2016
Congrats. Please don't forget to share your timeline and also documents you sent from your end.

Thank you.
quote author=thatula post=43472405]

GOD DID IT
I got my visaaaaaaa.....

Brb...will share my time line soon.[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 10:23pm On Mar 04, 2016
So here's my Timeline :

Online application submitted - 27/11/2015
Teleperformance appointment - 02/12/2015 supporting documents sent same day.
Application received by UKVI - 04/12/2015
Email from UkVI to send pre-paid envelope -14/01/2015
Decision made Email- 26/02/2016
Ready for collection email from teleperformance - 03/03/2016
Picked up my visa and was stamped on the 23/02/2016.

To all expecting...Wish u all the best...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:08am On Mar 05, 2016
thatula:

GOD DID IT
I got my visaaaaaaa.....

Congratulations to you smiley

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 1:19am On Mar 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Congratulations to you smiley
Hope Mr Bakare is settling in well?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2016
thatula:
So here's my Timeline :

Online application submitted - 27/11/2015
Teleperformance appointment - 02/12/2015 supporting documents sent same day.
Application received by UKVI - 04/12/2015
Email from UkVI to send pre-paid envelope -14/01/2015
Decision made Email- 26/02/2016
Ready for collection email from teleperformance - 03/03/2016
Picked up my visa and was stamped on the 23/02/2016.

To all expecting...Wish u all the best...

Hi dear, which of the test results did you submit? I submitted the General ielts for ukvi and I have been scared. I heard the recommended test is the life skills A1.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by thatula: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2016
KemBee86:

Hi dear, which of the test results did you submit? I submitted the General ielts for ukvi and I have been scared. I heard the recommended test is the life skills A1.

I did no test...
I submitted my university degree certificate and my transcript..
Don't be scared..it can't be that bad at all...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Brightingsus: 8:45am On Mar 05, 2016
Hello KemBee,

It does not matter if you submitted IELTS General, provided you met the requiredlevel. If you have IELTS General, only the Speaking and Listening scores would be considered. You'll notice that most people would do IELTS Life Skills A1 as it is the basic level and easiest and somewhat the cheapest. Hence no need for the scare.

Look at the file from gov.uk...

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:21pm On Mar 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Hope Mr Bakare is settling in well?

very well has been working for a week already smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Remind him to pay our tithes, LOL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:55pm On Mar 05, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Remind him to pay our tithes, LOL
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
Brightingsus:
Hello KemBee,

It does not matter if you submitted IELTS General, provided you met the requiredlevel. If you have IELTS General, only the Speaking and Listening scores would be considered. You'll notice that most people would do IELTS Life Skills A1 as it is the basic level and easiest and somewhat the cheapest. Hence no need for the scare.

Look at the file from gov.uk...

Thanks a lot, am definitely going to sleep well tonight..lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by novicee(m): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2016
Guys I'm so honored that I meet this forum b4 I made my application. I want to specially thank those who took their time to assist. I got my spouse visa yesterday after I applied on the 02/12/2015 and was so happy so I said I was going to do this today while @ work. I have just 30 days to leave naija lol. I never knew I never had an option as at when I intend to leave for the UK.
I would like to say the wait wasn't easy at all, so please to those who want to apply and you've got that extra cash, please go for priority and also note that that still doesn't guaranty a positive decision buy helps the waiting process.
a close friend of mine was rejected last week on grounds that his wife didn't include her employment letter irrespective of the fact that she included all other documents. So please if you are applying don't forget the little things and do ask questions when in doubt no matter how silly you may sound, some1 here understands what you mean.
Thanks to @justwise, @oreskid, @portsmoth86, @newbie715, @kwekugh, @sagamite
I say to those who have also applied, God grant your wishes.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by spiceymma: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2016
Congrats to you.
Please can you give a detailed breakdown of documents you submitted from your end. Thanks.

quote author=novicee post=43528551]Guys I'm so honored that I meet this forum b4 I made my application. I want to specially thank those who took their time to assist. I got my spouse visa yesterday after I applied on the 02/12/2015 and was so happy so I said I was going to do this today while @ work. I have just 30 days to leave naija lol. I never knew I never had an option as at when I intend to leave for the UK.
I would like to say the wait wasn't easy at all, so please to those who want to apply and you've got that extra cash, please go for priority and also note that that still doesn't guaranty a positive decision buy helps the waiting process.
a close friend of mine was rejected last week on grounds that his wife didn't include her employment letter irrespective of the fact that she included all other documents. So please if you are applying don't forget the little things and do ask questions when in doubt no matter how silly you may sound, some1 here understands what you mean.
[/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 4:25am On Mar 07, 2016
novicee:
Guys I'm so honored that I meet this forum b4 I made my application. I want to specially thank those who took their time to assist. I got my spouse visa yesterday after I applied on the 02/12/2015 and was so happy so I said I was going to do this today while @ work. I have just 30 days to leave naija lol. I never knew I never had an option as at when I intend to leave for the UK.

Congratulations to you

I agree with you on the priority for sure, better then the stress and sleepless nights of not knowing sad we will do the in person app on next stage smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by blza: 1:15pm On Mar 07, 2016
So... No IHS refund yet (I have never dreaded seeing money paid into my account as I do now grin) not sure if I should be jumping up. Still awaiting ready for collection email.

Been waiting since the 22nd Feb. to know what this most awaited decision is.

Any news @Kembee86

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.