Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1038627 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EZAKY: 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
hi all am new here , please i applied for spouse visa march 9th and hubby send documents to Sheffield march 12th , got a reply from them to send return envelop which he did, and by 27th of May got the not straight forward email , now its 90 working days and still haven't heard anything from them, i called them yesterday they said they dont have any update on my file. any advise please?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
dday101:

Home office don't care about your account balance, the main thing is if you meet the financial requirements through your payslips and bank statement showing your salary coming into your account that's all.
dday101:

Home office don't care about your account balance, the main thing is if you meet the financial requirements through your payslips and bank statement showing your salary coming into your account that's all.
Thanks..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 7:02pm On Jul 12, 2016
I am so happy to hear your great news.... you are so welcomed... God bless..
lolol HAHAA i no sabi anyone for HO... lol just "doing the right things" I suppose to "doing what is rights"

Good luck... be ready for few questions when u get to the port of entry... nothing difficult so do not panic... i was asked just few things...
the one that surprised me was WHEN DO U PLAN GOING BACK.... lol.

obabola123:
To God be the glory, am deeply grateful 2 God.

Below is my timeline:
30th March 2016 - Online application submitted.
4th April 2016 - Biometrics @ Ikeja.
7th April 2016 - Spouse sent supporting documents to Sheffield.
11th April 2016 - Email from UKVI that application has been received in Sheffield UK and will be processed.
24th June 2016 - Email from UKVI that application not straightforward and i was just worries
1st July 2016 - Decision email received from Sheffield.
3rd July 2016 - Spouse received documents from UKVI
7th July 2016 - Received mail from TLS that passport is ready for collection.
8th July 2016 - Passport collected, visa stamped

Thanks once again 2 everyone here, mostly u guys that adviced. You are doing a great work, because when i received the mail not straightforward deept,Batba1,dday101,egal22,tunderule2016,Portsmouth86 adviced me not to worry that it is just a normal mail but note ''my successful letter was printed that same date 24th June 2016''.

Am sure tunderule2016 & Portsmouth86 av some1 in HO lol, I once more appreciate this forum. The moderators and the originator thanks so much and God bless you all.

Let's just be prayerful because it's God doing.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
Overdraft does not matter.. what matters is if you meet the financial requirement ...

Caribbeanwify28:
Hi Guys,
Is it possible to get refused a settlement visa because you have an overdraft or you're in your overdraft?

I thought the HO was just checking that you meet the salary requirements, not sieving through your bank statments.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 7:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
@tunde, please just gist me what nd what is d few questions. My flight is on Monday please, am scare now lol.

tunderule2016:
I am so happy to hear your great news.... you are so welcomed... God bless..
lolol HAHAA i no sabi anyone for HO... lol just "doing the right things" I suppose to "doing what is rights"

Good luck... be ready for few questions when u get to the port of entry... nothing difficult so do not panic... i was asked just few things...
the one that surprised me was WHEN DO U PLAN GOING BACK.... lol.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tunderule2016: 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
dont be scared ooo bruv.. u should be excited .

well when i was asked when am i going back... well i said i booked a November return flight but the plan is for us to build our family here in the uk.

Dont worry too much there is nothing to worry about ... God as started and he will finish it...

obabola123:
@tunde, please just gist me what nd what is d few questions. My flight is on Monday please, am scare now lol.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
obabola123:

Don't be scared the visa you are holding no immigration officials can return you back to country at point of entry or even returning back before your visa expires not even your wife. Your way is clear with spouses/Settlement visa.
NB. The ticket you are buying should be one way ticket NOT return ticket. Congratulations and safe trip.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
tunderule2016:
Overdraft does not matter.. what matters is if you meet the financial requirement ...

I meet the financial requirement, I have provided all the payslips etc.. We submitted on 20th April and still no update, tommorrow will make it 12 weeks. How long should I wait before calling them? I called last week and spent over £20 on one call for them to say they will escalate as there is no progression.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 11:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
I meet the financial requirement, I have provided all the payslips etc.. We submitted on 20th April and still no update, tommorrow will make it 12 weeks. How long should I wait before calling them? I called last week and spent over £20 on one call for them to say they will escalate as there is no progression.

I understand how you feel but it's normal, by Friday or next week you will get decision email.
If your IHS has not be returned you are on track for a good news.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:

I just calculated for you and your actually only on working day 58 as of submission, overseas applications are counted from receipt in the UK

Only when you reach 60 working days (minus weekends and public holidays) I would suggest emailing them through https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk and if you get a standard response, then contact your local MP who can check on your behalf.

here try this site http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
dday101:

Don't be scared the visa you are holding no immigration officials can return you back to country at point of entry or even returning back before your visa expires not even your wife. Your way is clear with spouses/Settlement visa.
NB. The ticket you are buying should be one way ticket NOT return ticket. Congratulations and safe trip.
@obabola123

this is not entirely correct, be mindful of the possible interrogation that one can encounter on arrival in the UK

My husband was detained at Heathrow for 2 hrs and if I wasn't there to pick him up they would have sent him back, they were horrid to him, asking questions about our marriage, they called me and starting asking me questions about our marriage and my job, once I went to their immigration office in the terminal I complained about it saying we have been through enough to get to this stage and for us to be treated like criminals was a disgrace.

Luckily I told my husband that this would happen, only to prepare in case it did, I know of many that get questioned and detained despite holding the relevant visa

I just suggest to anyone arriving in the UK to make sure they are prepared for a grilling, and to remember their spouses contact information, then at least you wont get the shock smiley

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:00am On Jul 13, 2016
EZAKY:
hi all am new here , please i applied for spouse visa march 9th and hubby send documents to Sheffield march 12th , got a reply from them to send return envelop which he did, and by 27th of May got the not straight forward email , now its 90 working days and still haven't heard anything from them, i called them yesterday they said they dont have any update on my file. any advise please?

I would contact them via https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk as this is quite long and you are on 86 working days which you can check... http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html

if unsuccessful contact your local MP to assist.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:43am On Jul 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

@obabola123

this is not entirely correct, be mindful of the possible interrogation that one can encounter on arrival in the UK

My husband was detained at Heathrow for 2 hrs and if I wasn't there to pick him up they would have sent him back, they were horrid to him, asking questions about our marriage, they called me and starting asking me questions about our marriage and my job, once I went to their immigration office in the terminal I complained about it saying we have been through enough to get to this stage and for us to be treated like criminals was a disgrace.

Luckily I told my husband that this would happen, only to prepare in case it did, I know of many that get questioned and detained despite holding the relevant visa

I just suggest to anyone arriving in the UK to make sure they are prepared for a grilling, and to remember their spouses contact information, then at least you wont get the shock smiley

@Portsmouth86
Nobody can return you at the airport quote me anywhere expect they can prove its a sham marriage. It will only be strange for your Spouse not to be at the airport to receive you and @Portsmouth86 the reason they question you they want to know if you are the real sponsor or somebody else just acting as one. And they would have had to take your husband to court first and prove it a sham marriage to deport him back to Nigeria. Thank you

NB. Return back ke na visiting visa do you know the human right protection and the right to family ties in that spouses visa. No Your Rights no be curse.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 4:49am On Jul 13, 2016
@Portsmouth86 and @dday101, thanks but my wife stay in hull city. She can't travel down to pick me up @ Heathrow but I already book a train ticket from Heathrow to Hull city then she can pick me up at the train station in Hull. Hope this will not be a issue?

dday101:

@Portsmouth86
Nobody can return you at the airport quote me anywhere expect they can prove its a sham marriage. It will only be strange for your Spouse not to be at the airport to receive you and @Portsmouth86 the reason they question you they want to know if you are the real sponsor or somebody else just acting as one. And they would have had to take your husband to court first and prove it a sham marriage to deport him back to Nigeria. Thank you

NB. Return back ke na visiting visa do you know the human right protection and the right to family ties in that spouses visa. No Your Rights no be curse.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:42am On Jul 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I just calculated for you and your actually only on working day 58 as of submission, overseas applications are counted from receipt in the UK

Only when you reach 60 working days (minus weekends and public holidays) I would suggest emailing them through https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk and if you get a standard response, then contact your local MP who can check on your behalf.

here try this site http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html
@Portsmouth86.. Thankss for the info. I didn't exclude the two bank holidays. Thanks again for your advice. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. smiley
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:10am On Jul 13, 2016
obabola123:
@Portsmouth86 and @dday101, thanks but my wife stay in hull city. She can't travel down to pick me up @ Heathrow but I already book a train ticket from Heathrow to Hull city then she can pick me up at the train station in Hull. Hope this will not be a issue?

Hopefully not, They asked if I was at the airport to meet him and I had to go to the immigration office as I had to show my ID to prove I was his wife, God forbid what would have been the case if I didn't meet him there, you may be lucky and not get asked much smiley

Show them your train ticket and state your Wife is meeting you in Hull as she could not get to Heathrow, they may call her if it gets to that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2016
dday101:

@Portsmouth86

I'm just stating what they told us, as I asked what would have happened if I was not at the airport and they clearly said he would be put on a flight back, I know what my rights are hence the fact I really had a go at the woman for keeping my husband for no reason, a formal complaint was raised.

They are horrid people, my husband wasn't the only one detained I have also been interrogated myself when returning from Nigeria alone
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 9:15am On Jul 13, 2016
obabola123:

@obabola123
Please what time is your flight landing at Heathrow airport because if you gets to be interrogated and your wife is not at the airport they will delay you much longer. Let's reason together here, you are new to the country except you've been to the UK before if not this will be their thinking why would your partner allow you go through the struggle to navigate your way to Hull after going through the stress for application when even for people living here is like a stress to travel to Hull after long flight. Please you landing in the early morning hours it understandable but if is evening trust me no excuse except she's a nursing mother or she's sick. Please bro to avoid calls back and front, delaying you even if they can't return you which they will lie and threaten you and your wife that they can to put tension on you both Please make madam find her way to the airport abeg.

I know the train ticket is expensive and the distance but I don't think you want the delay.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I'm just stating what they told us, as I asked what would have happened if I was not at the airport and they clearly said he would be put on a flight back, I know what my rights are hence the fact I really had a go at the woman for keeping my husband for no reason, a formal complaint was raised.

They are horrid people, my husband wasn't the only one detained I have also been interrogated myself when returning from Nigeria alone

I understand @Portsmouth86 they just saying that, most of the people they delay for their partners to show ID are people that hasn't been to the UK before.

Thanks for having a go at them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by obabola123: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2016
@dday101.
But I have been to UK before twice last year nd I travel alone to hull, if I can explain this. Also my flight is landing by 4.50pm, I will join train to hull by 6.45pm and arrive 11.05pm. I don't want to stress my wife driving down that far away.

@obabola123
Please what time is your flight landing at Heathrow airport because if you gets to be interrogated and your wife is not at the airport they will delay you much longer. Let's reason together here, you are new to the country except you've been to the UK before if not this will be their thinking why would your partner allow you go through the struggle to navigate your way to Hull after going through the stress for application when even for people living here is like a stress to travel to Hull after long flight. Please you landing in the early morning hours it understandable but if is evening trust me no excuse except she's a nursing mother or she's sick. Please bro to avoid calls back and front, delaying you even if they can't return you which they will lie and threaten you and your wife that they can to put tension on you both Please make madam find her way to the airport abeg.

I know the train ticket is expensive and the distance but I don't think you want the delay.

Thanks [/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2016
@obabola123
That's okay since you've been to the UK before and I have travel that route before no problem you doing it again. Just explain to them and you will be okay.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by EZAKY: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2016
Portsmouth86:

I would contact them via https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk as this is quite long and you are on 86 working days which you can check... http://www.timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html

if unsuccessful contact your local MP to assist.

@ Portsmouth86 Thanks alot my hubby will also call them on Thursday from the uk as follow up , after this long and agonising wait they just have to grant me the visa, i even thought my travel history would help fasten the process, since i have been there a couple of times before and after our marriage
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
dday101:

I understand how you feel but it's normal, by Friday or next week you will get decision email.
If your IHS has not be returned you are on track for a good news.
Thanks..

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 10:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
Ibs45bae:
Evening all...at which stage does theVAF42 appendix two need to be submitted....we haven't seen this form since doing the online registration and my biometric appointment is tomorrow

Were you eventually allowed to pay for priority?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 6:38am On Jul 15, 2016
It's now 61 days... really wishing I paid for the priority service, the waiting is so hard. Hopefully by mid next week I'll here something. Fingers crossed
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:16am On Jul 15, 2016
Caribbeanwify28:
It's now 61 days... really wishing I paid for the priority service, the waiting is so hard. Hopefully by mid next week I'll here something. Fingers crossed

Please relax and get your mind off counting days because it will stressed you out more.

Speaking from recent experience..counting days does not really help, recently I reluctantly applied for citizenship, it took 4weeks to get acknowledgement and biometric letter, money did not go out of my account till after 3weeks. I did the biometric the same day I received the letter then start counting days. People I know get their applications approved within 12wks, some 8wks and did their ceremonies.

Few weeks after the 12thweek I got a letter from them requesting for my old expired passport which I sent the same day, I took another one month before my application was approved.

So they don't always stick to that 12wks as they sometimes go above that. I know it's hard but try and get your mind off it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:22am On Jul 15, 2016
dday101:

@Portsmouth86

@dday101 I have to disagree with you here, they have every right to send you back sham marriage or not, what you are holding is a visa and not British passport so it's a privilege which can be withdrawn at the POE.
If they have a good and compiling reasons to send you back they will even as a spouse visa holder.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2016
obabola123:

You will be fine since you booked your train to Hull already and you are not new to the UK.

If asked at POE state clearly that you are not new here and that Your wife can't travel that long to Heathrow since you can make your way without any problem.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Ibs45bae: 10:39am On Jul 15, 2016
@batba1 yes I did...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 11:03am On Jul 15, 2016
justwise:

@dday101 I have to disagree with you here, they have every right to send you back sham marriage or not, what you are holding is a visa and not British passport so it's a privilege which can be withdrawn at the POE.
If they have a good and compiling reasons to send you back they will even as a spouse visa holder.

@justwise POE no way, when I talk about this issue I talk from experience. Like what you said above they will have to take you to court to get the visa withdrew, So they can never return you home except you ask to be return by yourself, if you want to stay to challenge every good and compiling reason evidence against you, you have the right to do. Return you at a POE no way they can't.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Batba1: 11:07am On Jul 15, 2016
Ibs45bae:
@batba1 yes I did...

Oh great! What was the outcome if you don't mind me asking?

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.