Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1041606 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:12am On Jul 15, 2016
dday101:

@justwise POE no way, when I talk about this issue I talk from experience. Like what you said above they will have to take you to court to get the visa withdrew, So they can never return you home except you ask to be return by yourself, if you want to stay to challenge every good and compiling reason evidence against you, you have the right to do. Return you at a POE no way they can't.

Dude what you are holding is a visa with no right attached to it, its a privilege and the immigration at the POE can put you in the next available flight back to your home country if they have a strong reason to do that.

You have to appeal their decision from your home country to be able to renter the UK

Even as a dual British citizen if the govt has a strong case against you they will send you back to your home country and the British passport taken away from you.

All this you are saying here is fighting talk.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
justwise:

Dude what you are holding is a visa with no right attached to it, its a privilege and the immigration at the POE can put you in the next available flight back to your home country if they have a strong reason to do that.

You have to appeal their decision from your home country to be able to renter the UK

Even as a dual British citizen if the govt has a strong case against you they will send you back to your home country and the British passport taken away from you.

All this you are saying here is fighting talk.

No need to talk much again. Please you don't have a clue about Spousal visa right. Please do your research. When the person is not a known terrorist. We talking about POE returning and its a well known fact that if you commit a serious crime to become a threat to society you serve your time and be deported back to your country as dual national, indefinite holder and Spousal visa holder.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2016
dday101:

No need to talk much again. Please you don't have a clue about Spousal visa right. Please do your research. When the person is not a known terrorist. We talking about POE returning and its a well known fact that if you commit a serious crime to become a threat to society you serve your time and be deported back to your country as dual national, indefinite holder and Spousal visa holder.

List them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2016
justwise:

List them.

The Right to a family life:- the one giant right that gives you solid ground to stand and challenge any good and compiling reason evidence against you inside the UK not outside the UK.
And this is the same rule that gives the spousal visa application after refusal in your country the (FRA) Full Right of Appeal, unlike visiting visa and student visa (LRA) Limited Right of Appeal written at the right top of your refusal letter.

So you can not be returned to your country at the POE (point of entry) or the next available flight. Except you voluntarily want to return back.

With entry clearance
If you’re refused entry and have entry clearance (i.e. a visa, entry certificate, letter of consent or work permit), you cannot, in most cases, immediately be sent back to your home country. Rather you are permitted to make an appeal (in the first instance to an independent adjudicator) and allowed to remain in the UK until it’s been heard.

However, within UK immigration law, there’s no right of appeal in the case of people with visitor’s visas, unless coming as ‘family visitors and Spousal visa.

Please don't make laugh @justwise saying is privilege cheesy grin if it's a privilege they tell your sponsor to go to Nigeria and be with you that they can't accommodate you because they are worried about migration. Privilege brother please!!! na America Visa Lottery
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2016
dday101:

The Right to a family life:- the one giant right that gives you solid ground to stand and challenge any good and compiling reason evidence against you inside the UK not outside the UK.
And this is the same rule that gives the spousal visa application after refusal in your country the (FRA) Full Right of Appeal, unlike visiting visa and student visa (LRA) Limited Right of Appeal written at the right top of your refusal letter.

So you can not be returned to your country at the POE (point of entry) or the next available flight. Except you voluntarily want to return back.

With entry clearance
If you’re refused entry and have entry clearance (i.e. a visa, entry certificate, letter of consent or work permit), you cannot, in most cases, immediately be sent back to your home country. Rather you are permitted to make an appeal (in the first instance to an independent adjudicator) and allowed to remain in the UK until it’s been heard.

However, within UK immigration law, there’s no right of appeal in the case of people with visitor’s visas, unless coming as ‘family visitors and Spousal visa.

Please don't make laugh @justwise saying is privilege cheesy grin if it's a privilege they tell your sponsor to go to Nigeria and be with you that they can't accommodate you because they are worried about migration. Privilege brother please!!! na America Visa Lottery

grin grin Dude when you copied stuff from some website make an effort to read well, right to family life is an universal human right that is not peculiar to spouse visa holders and you can exercise that right in Nigeria with your partner, it doesn't have to be in the UK so when you are refused entry to the UK they are not technically denying you right to family life because your partner can move to Nigeria to be with you.

When you get married to your partner the condition is not that you must live in the UK.

Until recently student visa holders can appeal a refusal so its not a right specially for spouse visa holders as you pointed out.

While at the POE you have not stepped foot into the UK yet until you are stamped and allowed to cross the immigration check, so when you are sent back you will be making an appeal from your home country or your partner will make one for you from the UK.

When Portsmouth86's husband was stopped at the POE and questioned if Portsmouth86's story did not match that of the husband he would have been sent back from there and he will appeal that from Nigeria.

Right to family life is not good enough if they have a strong case against you.

I really don't know when you got the idea that i have a partner here..one of your guess works? I think..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
justwise:

grin grin Dude when you copied stuff from some website make an effort to read well, right to family life is an universal human right that is not peculiar to spouse visa holders [/b]and you can exercise that right in Nigeria with your partner, it doesn't have to be in the UK so when you are refused entry to the UK they are not technically denying you right to family life because your partner can move to Nigeria to be with you.

When you get married to your partner the condition is not that you must live in the UK.

[b]Until recently student visa holders can appeal a refusal
so its not a right specially for spouse visa holders as you pointed out.

While at the POE you have not stepped foot into the UK yet until you are stamped and allowed to cross the immigration check, so when you are sent back you will be making an appeal from your home country or your partner will make one for you from the UK.

When Portsmouth86's husband was stopped at the POE and questioned if Portsmouth86's story did not match that of the husband he would have been sent back from there and he will appeal that from Nigeria.

Right to family life is not good enough if they have a strong case against you.

I really don't know when you got the idea that i have a partner here..one of your guess works? I think..

First point I never used you or saying you got a partner @justwise I'm just explaining my point to you and making example.

Secondly the reason why the UK immigration can't tell couples where they can live is because the sponsor and partner can decide where they want to live because of the right to family life of the sponsor status in the UK.

Thirdly why was the right of Appeal withdraw from Student visa only and but Spousal visa right was not withdrawn solely because of that right of a family life.
And if the right of a family life is universal right why can't one exercise that right on their student visa and visitors visa.

When you say I copied stuffs from website to defend my point show me your evidence to defend your point.

If you go back to my conversation with @Portsmouth86 you see I told her that they just want see that she's the real sponsor and if she's not. They will hold the husband and if says he won't return immediately he has the right to appeal the deportation and remain in the UK until his appeal has been heard in court.

Why is it possible that you can apply and be granted a spousal visa even when you carrying a 10years ban. But you cannot apply and be granted a student visa and visitors visa just because of one right - The right to a family life, which both the applicant and the sponsor possess because they've agreed to live in the UK.

If they decided live in Nigeria it has to be the couple's decision.
So Spousal visa is not a privilege and the right to a family life is not a universal rule that every visa possess.

Please you don't know the law from all your statement about this issue just continue with your advice on application. Thanks

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 1:50am On Jul 16, 2016
dday101:

First point I never used you or saying you got a partner @justwise I'm just explaining my point to you and making example.

Secondly the reason why the UK immigration can't tell couples where they can live is because the sponsor and partner can decide where they want to live because of the right to family life of the sponsor status in the UK.

Thirdly why was the right of Appeal withdraw from Student visa only and but Spousal visa right was not withdrawn solely because of that right of a family life.
And if the right of a family life is universal right why can't one exercise that right on their student visa and visitors visa.

When you say I copied stuffs from website to defend my point show me your evidence to defend your point.

If you go back to my conversation with @Portsmouth86 you see I told her that they just want see that she's the real sponsor and if she's not. They will hold the husband and if says he won't return immediately he has the right to appeal the deportation and remain in the UK until his appeal has been heard in court.

Why is it possible that you can apply and be granted a spousal visa even when you carrying a 10years ban. But you cannot apply and be granted a student visa and visitors visa just because of one right - The right to a family life, which both the applicant and the sponsor possess because they've agreed to live in the UK.

So Spousal visa is not a privilege and the right to a family life is not a universal rule that every visa possess.

Please you don't know the law from all your statement about this issue just continue with your advice on application. Thanks

The point is, had my husband been hesitant due to the stress of being detained (not just stopped, there is a difference) he WOULD have been sent back, after a right of appeal of course there is no doubt about that, it was just I told him to expect an interrogation because my BIL whom has ILR for many years to this day gets interrogated when he returns from his birth Country, so from family experience I know this happens more then you think

My husband was detained because he put in the departure date box MULTIPLE as he wasn't sure what to put and since this is on the entry clearance sticker he didn't think to put SPOUSE or leave it blank smiley

Here is some more information http://immigrationmatters.co.uk/yes-you-can-still-be-refused-entry-to-the-uk-upon-arrival.html

My advice is to expect the worst case scenario and make sure you know your Spouses contact number off head, then you are prepared for anything smiley

I would never want anyone to experience what happened, it was like we where asked many things that we already had to prove in our application, and to be asked why didn't I go to Nigeria and come back with my husband, so me being me said...If the UKVI didn't charge ridiculous fees for spouse visas and If my visa to travel to Nigeria didn't cost around £300 then maybe, just maybe I would have gone.

She pissed me off so much told her straight up that she had overstepped the interrogation process

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:30am On Jul 16, 2016
Portsmouth86:

The point is, had my husband been hesitant due to the stress of being detained (not just stopped, there is a difference) he WOULD have been sent back, after a right of appeal of course there is no doubt about that, it was just I told him to expect an interrogation because my BIL whom has ILR for many years to this day gets interrogated when he returns from his birth Country, so from family experience I know this happens more then you think

My husband was detained because he put in the departure date box MULTIPLE as he wasn't sure what to put and since this is on the entry clearance sticker he didn't think to put SPOUSE or leave it blank smiley

Here is some more information http://immigrationmatters.co.uk/yes-you-can-still-be-refused-entry-to-the-uk-upon-arrival.html

My advice is to expect the worst case scenario and make sure you know your Spouses contact number off head, then you are prepared for anything smiley

I would never want anyone to experience what happened, it was like we where asked many things that we already had to prove in our application, and to be asked why didn't I go to Nigeria and come back with my husband, so me being me said...If the UKVI didn't charge ridiculous fees for spouse visas and If my visa to travel to Nigeria didn't cost around £300 then maybe, just maybe I would have gone.

She pissed me off so much told her straight up that she had overstepped the interrogation process

16 years ago, a settlement visa was under N60,000. I wonder what inflation markers those thieves at the UKBA used on a disproportionate percentage, to charge by stealth. Simply because EU laws does not cover African applicants and they view African applicants has a cheap and easy cash-cow!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 2:37am On Jul 16, 2016
Lexusgs430:

16 years ago, a settlement visa was under N60,000. I wonder what inflation markers those thieves at the UKBA used on a disproportionate percentage, to charge by stealth. Simply because EU laws does not cover African applicants and they view African applicants has a cheap and easy cash-cow!!!!

Fees are too much, although they are for all non EU, no matter which part of the world the application is made.

I do believe there should be a reduction for commonwealth countries and a different process altogether I am ashamed to say I am British, and tbh I feel more European then I British, at least the EU laws have more rights for family life angry
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 2:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Fees are too much, although they are for all non EU, no matter which part of the world the application is made.

I do believe there should be a reduction for commonwealth countries and a different process altogether I am ashamed to say I am British, and tbh I feel more European then I British, at least the EU laws have more rights for family life angry

The would not reduce the fees, because they could not charge the European's and they simply moved their charging over inflated figures to the African applicants and whoever they could milk dry!!!!
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2016
dday101:

It's funny that you claimed to know the law but still you don't know that a student visa holder with a child can exercise right to family life? (Ask me and I will explain to you) ,Asylum seekers can exercise right to family life? Even convicted criminals use right to family life to remain in the UK, you don't know all these and still believe that only spouse visa holder enjoys that?

Do you also know that Tier 1, 2 and 5 visa have the right to appeal?

10 years ban can prevent some spouse visa applicants from getting a visa to the UK to join their spouse. Not all 10yrs bans are overturned through spouses visa application and if you don't know this then you got no clue what you are talking about.

Student visa appeal right was removed and replaced with administrative review just last year and administrative review is far better than appeal because it takes less than a month to decide and cost about £80, unlike appeal that takes at least 6 months and cost more.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 12:47pm On Jul 16, 2016
justwise:

It's funny that you claimed to know the law but still you don't know that a student visa holder with a child can exercise right to family life? (Ask me and I will explain to you) ,Asylum seekers can exercise right to family life? Even convicted criminals use right to family life to remain in the UK, you don't know all these and still believe that only spouse visa holder enjoys that?
tongue
Do you also know that Tier 1, 2 and 5 visa have the right to appeal?

10 years ban can prevent some spouse visa applicants from getting a visa to the UK to join their spouse. Not all 10yrs bans are overturned through spouses visa application and if you don't know this then you got no clue what you are talking about.

Student visa appeal right was removed and replaced with administrative review just last year and administrative review is far better than appeal because it takes less than a month to decide and cost about £80, unlike appeal that takes at least 6 months and cost more.

Mennnnnn this Dude just changing my words, anyway let me use your find to tell you know somethings.
student with children can use the right to a family life rule. So that student brought that child with them from their home country when he/she obtained the student visa?
The only reason they access that rule is because that child was born in the UK for a person that has a resident permit.

And I never tell you the right of Appeal was only applicable to just spousal visa, I only said student and visitor's visa.

You said the right to a family life is universal rule which is not.

Criminals and Asylum seekers use that right because to have a child, girlfriend,boyfriend or partner that has British passport or a resident permit.

@Portsmouth86 thanks for throwing more light from your experience put the fact that spousal visa has the right to appeal the deportation decision and only be returned back home after he/she has lost the appeal case which the appeal with take weeks to be heard and not immediately, And if the sponsor standing by her partner the deportation will never take place.

Unlike @justwise that said a spousal visa holder will have to return to their home country to appeal the decision. That is only the sponsor that can appeal from UK

NB:- if that sponsor stood by the spousal visa holder that deportation is unlikely to take place because both partner will get their facts right and with the help of a lawyer it will never happen.

@justwise only you said spousal visa has no right at all now you say they have hmmmmm and you just run around bring all other categories of visa that is not relevant to the issue.
I rest my case your here there's is pointless arguing with you on issue you know thing about.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
dday101:

Mennnnnn this Dude just changing my words, anyway let me use your find to tell you know somethings.
student with children can use the right to a family life rule. So that student brought that child with them from their home country when he/she obtained the student visa?
The only reason they access that rule is because that child was born in the UK for a person that has a resident permit.

And I never tell you the right of Appeal was only applicable to just spousal visa, I only said student and visitor's visa.

Criminals and Asylum seekers use that right because to have a child, girlfriend,boyfriend or partner that has British passport or a resident permit.

@Portsmouth86 thanks for throwing more light from your experience put the fact that spousal visa has the right to appeal the deportation decision and only be returned back home after he/she has lost the appeal case which the appeal with take weeks to be heard and not immediately, And if the sponsor standing by her partner the deportation will never take place.

Unlike @justwise that said a spousal visa holder will have to return to their home country to appeal the decision. That is only the sponsor that can appeal from UK

NB:- if that sponsor stood by the spousal visa holder that deportation is unlikely to take place because both partner will get their facts right and with the help of a lawyer it will never happen.

@justwise only you said spousal visa has no right at all now you say they have hmmmmm and you just run around bring all other categories of visa that is not relevant to the issue.
I rest my case your here there's is pointless arguing with you on issue you know thing about.

Yes right to life family is an universal human right and its not peculiar to spouse visa holders alone and if you don't know this then its pointless debating this with you.

And no an asylum seeker doesn't have to have the baby here with a British passport holder to claim right to family life, they can claim that even with a child born outside the UK.

So you believed that a student visa holder with a child by a British passport holder can claim life to family life?

Obviously you know very little about this subject and i will advice you to read Article 8 Right to a private and family life

This is an abstract...

Family Life

Article 8 also provides the right to respect for one’s established family life. This includes close family ties, although there is no pre-determined model of a family or family life. It includes any stable relationship, be it married, engaged, or de facto; between parents and children; siblings; grandparents and grandchildren etc. This right is often engaged, for example, when measures are taken by the State to separate family members (by removing children into care, or deporting one member of a family group).

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/what-are-human-rights/human-rights-act/article-8-right-private-and-family-life

Good luck

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello everyone, I'm new on here and it's my first post today! Yay!! Don't get me wrong though, I occasionally come on here to read news and comments! The comments are hilarious and usually makes my day!

I am writing today to seek for advice from the well informed and knowledgeable people on this forum. My issue is with regards to the UK spouse visa.

Basically, I'm wanting to gather as much information as possible to enable me plan my life in advance so as to know the best time to apply for a visa for my fiancé.

I currently live in the UK and a full time student too(British citizen). I work most weekends too averaging a total of 11.30 hours per week. I have consulted gov.uk for visa information and it seems I am ineligible to apply for my fiancé. Well, we're going to get married before making any application.

Having done some research online, I realised I didn't meet the financial requirement as I am a full time student. So here's my question, is there a different way I can go about this? I don't want wait till I graduate before inviting my fiancé over as the duration of my course is long. Again, I know it will be more stressful to me then.

P.S: I am full time student and a British citizen too. I'd like to know if there are alternative ways of my husband to be joining me before graduating from University.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
MG2801:
Hello everyone, I'm new on here and it's my first post today! Yay!! Don't get me wrong though, I occasionally come on here to read news and comments! The comments are hilarious and usually makes my day!

I am writing today to seek for advice from the well informed and knowledgeable people on this forum. My issue is with regards to the UK spouse visa.

Basically, I'm wanting to gather as much information as possible to enable me plan my life in advance so as to know the best time to apply for a visa for my fiancé.

I currently live in the UK and a full time student too(British citizen). I work most weekends too averaging a total of 11.30 hours per week. I have consulted gov.uk for visa information and it seems I am ineligible to apply for my fiancé. Well, we're going to get married before making any application.

Having done some research online, I realised I didn't meet the financial requirement as I am a full time student. So here's my question, is there a different way I can go about this? I don't want wait till I graduate before inviting my fiancé over as the duration of my course is long. Again, I know it will be more stressful to me then.

P.S: I am full time student and a British citizen too. I'd like to know if there are alternative ways of my husband to be joining me before graduating from University.

The applicant has 2 options
(1) Applying for a visiting visa and risk been rejected(no recourse to public funds and cannot legally work)
(2) Wait till all the prerequisites are meet and apply for a spousal visa (with a 100% success rate, if all checks out).

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 11:54pm On Jul 16, 2016
dday101:

Come on ooo

@Justwise is a great asset to this forum, always helping everyone in his spare time, this tit for tat table tennis of he knows this i know that there really is no need for it.

so please nip it in the bud yea smiley

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Caribbeanwify28: 12:52am On Jul 17, 2016
MG2801:

Hiya, I am quite new to this as well. However, I do believe if you don't meet the financial requirements with regards to employment, if you have a certain amount of savings that could also be used. It's worth having a look into. Because even if you start working full time you'll still need to gather like 6 months worth of payslips etc

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by nky2015: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2016
Plz someone help me.i still haven't recieved my documents.ukvi escalated the issue and gave me a ref number.it has being more than 10 days.ukvi are not helpful anymore.the number I called that I had to pay don't exist anymore.
PLZ HELP I NEED MY PASSPORT AND MARRIAGE CERT MY PAYSLIPS.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:16am On Jul 17, 2016
nky2015:
Plz someone help me.i still haven't recieved my documents.ukvi escalated the issue and gave me a ref number.it has being more than 10 days.ukvi are not helpful anymore.the number I called that I had to pay don't exist anymore.
PLZ HELP I NEED MY PASSPORT AND MARRIAGE CERT MY PAYSLIPS.

Try and use this link and see if you can have livechat with them https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Or Opening times: 9.00am - 5.00pm (West Africa time)

You can call us on:

234 14406 203
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:22am On Jul 17, 2016
MG2801:

Can you afford to sponsor him to study in any EU country with a cheaper fees? If you can do that then you can get married there and apply for EEA before the UK officially leaves the EU
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:23am On Jul 17, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Come on ooo

@Justwise is a great asset to this forum, always helping everyone in his spare time, this tit for tat table tennis of he knows this i know that there really is no need for it.

grin done with that issue..just wanted to point out facts.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Can you afford to sponsor him to study in any EU country with a cheaper fees? If you can do that then you can get married there and apply for EEA before the UK officially leaves the EU

A full time student with under 12 hours work per week, sponsoring another student in another country?
How would this be feasible? Not unless this student has some monster savings or earns between £500 - £1000 per hour from her part time job.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Portsmouth86:

Come on ooo

I know @justwise is a great assist to this forum I'm not disputing fact but no man knows it all And the laws and rules surrounding every visa categories. We all learn from a personal experience and experience from other people's story, and the issue that brought the argument was one about the POE returning of spousal visa holder and @justwise said and I quote"spousal visa holder has no right at all and the visa is a privilege which the holder cannot appeal its POE returning decision on UK soil.
To cut the all story I'm talking about this issue from my own personal experience that gave me so much light on the spousal visa holder's right on UK soil.
From his statements he doesn't know that much on spousal visa right. That's all
Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by dday101: 2:17pm On Jul 17, 2016
justwise:

Yes right to life family is an universal human right and its not peculiar to spouse visa holders alone and if you don't know this then its pointless debating this with you.

And no an asylum seeker doesn't have to have the baby here with a British passport holder to claim right to family life, they can claim that even with a child born outside the UK.

So you believed that a student visa holder with a child by a British passport holder can claim life to family life?

Obviously you know very little about this subject and i will advice you to read Article 8 Right to a private and family life

This is an abstract...

Family Life

https://www.liberty-human-rights.org.uk/human-rights/what-are-human-rights/human-rights-act/article-8-right-private-and-family-life

Good luck

@justwise no argument just to point out something on the bolded statement or question you asked. With a little story.

A friend of mine a student on a student visa from Nigeria in London just got his limited stay which 2 and half years last month ago.
This what happen through his new baby of which the mother of the child is British passport holder.

When the girlfriend was pregnant he contact a lawyer which told him he can use the child to have a stay without getting married to the girlfriend because the girlfriend was giving hard time because they are not in a relationship and the girl knew his student visa just expired. So he filed in an application under the rule of the right to a family life for His unborn child without the girl knowing.
One day he had a heated confrontation from the ex-girlfriend and she called the police to report that he has no paper that his student visa has expired, the police came arrested him which the child was born some few days ago before his arrest, the police took him and locked him up while he was in detention one of the police officer approach him the following morning and asked him do you know you've been granted limited leave to remain since 6weeks ago cause I checked your status with the immigration and it came back that you have a right to be in the UK, that's how he was released and he called the lawyer up who don't even know the visa has been issued.
So @justwise a studentv visa holder can get a stay with a child from a British passport holder or somebody that has a indefinite permit with the right to a family life right.

Thank you and Good luck.

NB:-.Please stop twisting my words I never said the right to a family life is only peculiar to spousal visa holder.
You asked me to list the right which spousal visa holder has cause you said they don't have any right at all in the UK at POE that the visa is a privilege, and I listed the one right they has which student visa holder and visitors visa holder don't have like them.
Check all my write up about this issue.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

A full time student with under 12 hours work per week, sponsoring another student in another country?
How would this be feasible? Not unless this student has some monster savings or earns between £500 - £1000 per hour from her part time job.

As a British citizen she can work more than 20hrs a week and can also go part time studying and full time working.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 3:47pm On Jul 17, 2016
justwise:

As a British citizen she can work more than 20hrs a week and can also go part time studying and full time working.

True. But she only works under 12 hours (probably because she needs more study time). Working more hours might jeopardise her grades.
Going part time adds a year to the end of her graduation schedules.
The question still remains, how does a student sponsor another student(in her present default position) ?

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 7:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lexusgs430:

True. But she only works under 12 hours (probably because she needs more study time). Working more hours might jeopardise her grades.
Going part time adds a year to the end of her graduation schedules.
The question still remains, how does a student sponsor another student(in her present default position) ?

If I can pay my way from degree to Msc as a foreign student working part time during term time and full time during the holidays then a home student can do that without a doubt. Its all down to discipline and commitment

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 7:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
justwise:

If I can pay my way from degree to Msc as a foreign student working part time during term time and full time during the holidays then a home student can do that without a doubt. Its all down to discipline and commitment

Our brains have varying thresholds of understanding and containment.
You know your limits and ranges,she knows hers.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by sandysuzie: 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
Hi guys in the house. Trust you are all fine. I want to apply for a visa after expiration of my 10 year ban. Please do I need to go through any procedure or I should apply normally. Many thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MG2801: 12:11am On Jul 18, 2016
justwise:

Hi, thanks for help so far. I am hard working and very dedicated. However, the nature of my course limits me. For example, I go in for lectures from 9am to 3/4/5pm Monday to Friday and my course is only full time.

Also, I usually have long holidays of 2-3 months and I do as many shifts as possible during this time. I don't think I would want to go down the route you have suggested as I'd like my hubby to study in the UK.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Portsmouth86(f): 12:32am On Jul 18, 2016
MG2801:

the only way in your current circumstances is if you have savings to meet the requirement.

here's an example to calculate it, with a salary of say £4,230pa

£18,600-£4,230=£14,370
£14,370 x 2.5= £35,925 (the 2.5 is length of visa)
£35,925 +£16,000 =£51,925

you need to add an additional £16000 to any income you fall short so in this example the total savings required is £51,925 held for a minimum of 6 months, this can be a gift to which origin and source can be proved, you cannot use loans of any kind, and any house sales the cash would need to be accessible for a minimum of 6 months.

should you have variable income due to holidays and working more, the calculation would be dependant on how you are paid i.e weekly/fortnightly/4 weekly or monthly, the calculation would be different and you would need to work out an average of your pay ( I can help with the calculations if this helps)

hope this helps smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.