Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,406 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037278 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 4:57pm On Nov 06, 2017
Dolly15:
Hi everyone,
Just found out about this forum and wish I did earlier.Please I need everyone’s help here as I’m genuinely freaking out as this has taken way too long.

So I applied for a UK spousal visa on May 30th 2017 and I’m yet to get a response till date.
Wedding registry in feb 2017 (ikoyi registry)
Engagement and wedding in July 2017

So here’s my timeline soo far:

Application online submission- may 30th
Biometrics - June 6th
Documents sent to Sheffield - June 12th
Email confirming application received in Sheffield -
June 27th
Application not straightforward email received - Aug 24th
Escalation to MP by husband-September 13th
Email from Sheffield apologizing for delay as it’s been a busy period and aim to make a decision on or before October 31st - sep 25
Not straightforward email - Oct 16
Email received stating still working on application - Oct.30th

Should I be worried??
Also they haven’t asked for any extra documents,so we are just waiting daily for goodnews.

Please any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi Dolly

My application last year looks similar to yours.... Eventually, I was denied. I got the "not straightforward email" once though.I'm worried that they have sent it to you twice already.

After I got the first "not straightforward email... They called my wife and the employer for the second job we used for the application in order to meet up with the 18600 threshold. It was after a couple of calls going back and forth that we started suspecting foul play. Long story short, about two months after the interview (the calls) I received their email that the passport is ready for collection. In all my application took almost 6 months.... Although, I realised they had made a decision on my application almost a month before sending the collection email

Dolly, I'm sorry to tell you but you should be worried. Once you start getting emails like "application not straightforward".... Is there anything you think is not right about your application (most especially in meeting the 18600 requirement)?

I suggest you contact them or ask your husband to contact them again to ask for the status of the application. I must say that involving the local MP is a step in the right direction... It should help. I was advised at a point to contact the MP too. I wish you and you husband good luck. Its not easy o. Keep praying....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2017
There's actually no harm in trying. Was just trying to buttress a post of a lady that priority didn't work for her husband after initial refusal.

The wait is not easy. All the best.

MreSBee:

Justwise... Really?

I just want a fast application this time. I think I'm just going to use priority regardless. In the picture posted by Deebaby05, it did not really say one "must not" use priority if one has been initially refused.... it only says "they recommend not to use"
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2017
Am just trying to imagine how u r feeling based on how am feeling �but don't worry, you r coming back to give us goodnews.

Lamakinde:

Got tls message that decision has been made in the morning while just now I got message that it's ready for pick up. Today is 57th working day.
Well, let me go and see the result tomorrow as my pick up docs is at home.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2017
deept:

DHL, Fedex operate in Nigeria, ypour documents will get there in 3 days plus or minus

I appreciate much. Thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2017
MG2801:

Hi, my hubby sent me his through DHL so look for any DHL outlets around where you are and it should come through. They’ll weigh your package and tell you the cost.

Thanks a lot. I will do that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2017
Mamalicious:

Hi. I sent mine through DHL on the island. I sent to my hubby and then he included his own documents and properly arranged dem before he sent to Sheffeild.

My package weighed 3.5kg thereabout and i tink it cost me like 39, 300 NGN. So package urs and visit any DHL outlet. Depending on the weight of your documents , you would then know aw much to pay. I trust this clarifies.

It really does. Many thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
deebaby05:
Am just trying to imagine how u r feeling based on how am feeling �but don't worry, you r coming back to give us goodnews.

Honestly, I was with stop and search police checking my vehicle particulars in the morning when the first mail came. So I checked TLS and saw that it's decision reached.
While dragging with them going to their office and waiting for a subordinate to bring my office id, I received the pick up mail like three hours later.
In my meeting thereafter, I wasn't paying any attention to all the presentation. It's well. Thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lamakinde:

Got tls message that decision has been made in the morning while just now I got message that it's ready for pick up. Today is 57th working day.
Well, let me go and see the result tomorrow as my pick up docs is at home.

Wooow! This is great news. I know you will scale through. You’ve been very kind. I actually can’t wait to hear (more like read) the news tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2017
deebaby05:

Honestly, I was with stop and search police checking my vehicle particulars in the morning when I got the first mail. So I checked TLS and saw that it's decision reached.
While dragging with them going to their office and waiting for a subordinate to bring my office id, I received the pick up mail like three hours later.
In my meeting thereafter, lots of thoughts was just crossing my mind. It's well, thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:33pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I can see you are already shaking like a jelly......... The day you have been waiting for is finally upon you, and I can sense panic in your submission..........

@Lexusgs430, meeen it's not easy. What will be, will be. I have done my own in my little way, all Power belongs to God.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
I have come again with my wahala o. grin you people should please bear with me.

I have saved my application (can’t edit it now), and I have paid my IHS, but something came up and I need my passport to travel. Now my problem is the fact that I cannot change the information on my application (Travel History). And if I start a new application I might be asked to pay my IHS again.

So can I submit my passport with a visa stamp that isn’t declared in my application. Would this be bad? Or can I redo an application without needing to re-pay my IHS?

I don’t know what to do. It looks like my alternative is to not travel, but it’s for work.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2017
@tayeby78, expecting your own goodnews too. It will not delay and it's either YES or YES, nothing else ooo.

tayeby78:
Oh wow. Congrats in advance. God has done it.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lamakinde:

@Lexusgs430, meeen it's not easy. What will be, will be. I have done my own in my little way, all Power belongs to God.

You are sounding like you saw expo......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 9:53pm On Nov 06, 2017
Lamakinde:

Honestly, I was with stop and search police checking my vehicle particulars in the morning when I got the first mail. So I checked TLS and saw that it's decision reached.
In my meeting thereafter, lots of thoughts was just crossing my mind. It's well, thanks.

Imagine how long this night would be.... You would be checking your alarm clock, like never before..... Once the cock crows tomorrow morning, I know I would see some sweat drop from all over you.....

Don't forget to share the good news with us, first.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2017
Hi house, my husband currently has a UK visiting visa, will he be allowed to enter now that we are married. We are waiting for settlement documents to be complete before applying. Worried if he can still come visit me on this visa or we have to wait.

Thanks for your help so far
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:58pm On Nov 06, 2017
Whitnified:
Hi house, my husband currently has a UK visiting visa, will he be allowed to enter now that we are married. We are waiting for settlement documents to be complete before applying. Worried if he can still come visit me on this visa or we have to wait.

You cannot have two visas run concurrently..... Best he enjoys the use of the visiting visa, before putting in for a spousal application.

His passport would be submitted during the spousal visa application, and if a successful application is made. Visiting visa would be cancelled......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 12:49am On Nov 07, 2017
Hi Dolly,

Sorry to hear about this. Your timeline seems similar to my husband's first application last year.

Spousal application August 6 2016

Biometrics 12th August 2016

23rd Oct - application not straight forward email from ukvi.

January 17th 2017 - visa refused - based on financial requirements cos we submitted details for self employed and full time employment, English language and not enough evidence of our relationship

Feb 3rd - appealled asper lawyers advise

April - notice of pending appeal

June - emailed Manchester MP who happens to be a labour and they are in full support of immigrants.

July - appeal listed for December 8th 2017.

August 9th - reapplied since the appeal was taking too long.

It's unusual for you to get not straight forward email twice in my opinion. However, There's not much you can do until you get their verdict. Until then, just keep praying and keep your faith. God will do it in his own time.
Everything you need for a successful spousal application is on these thread. I wish I knew about it before we applied.......ill advise you read from page 1 upwards. God help us all.

Dolly15:
Hi everyone,
Just found out about this forum and wish I did earlier.Please I need everyone’s help here as I’m genuinely freaking out as this has taken way too long.

So I applied for a UK spousal visa on May 30th 2017 and I’m yet to get a response till date.
Wedding registry in feb 2017 (ikoyi registry)
Engagement and wedding in July 2017

So here’s my timeline soo far:

Application online submission- may 30th
Biometrics - June 6th
Documents sent to Sheffield - June 12th
Email confirming application received in Sheffield -
June 27th
Application not straightforward email received - Aug 24th
Escalation to MP by husband-September 13th
Email from Sheffield apologizing for delay as it’s been a busy period and aim to make a decision on or before October 31st - sep 25
Not straightforward email - Oct 16
Email received stating still working on application - Oct.30th

Should I be worried??
Also they haven’t asked for any extra documents,so we are just waiting daily for goodnews.

Please any suggestions or advice will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 1:15am On Nov 07, 2017
To God be all the glory .........Great things he hath done. Don't know if anyone remembers my story but I'll start from the beginning.

Timeline

January 17th 2017 - visa refused - based on financial requirements cos we submitted details for self employed and full time employment, English language and not enough evidence of our relationship

March - found this forum and was taking screenshots of everything............

June - emailed Manchester MP who happens to be a labour candidate and they are in full support of immigrants - got the advise from this forum

July - got letter appeal listed for December 8th 2017 - Same day the MP replied me. Lol

August - MP wrote me to find out the progress but I told her about the new application and that I wasn't coping, i was depressed and have to move in with my mother and appeal is taking too long.

17th August - Biometrics

Oct - tls hasn't updated that his application has been received by ukvi - I asked on this forum and Lamakinde advised to fill in their complaint section.

Within 2 working days the necessary adjustments was made on the tls tracker.

25th Oct - emailed mp to say I haven't heard anything from the second application.

Nov 6th - decision made email and passport ready for collection about 20 mins apart.

Hubby who has been carrying his collection letter in his car since last week just drove straight to Ikeja to go pick it up and low and behold his visa was there.

Just need to withdraw the appeal lo ba tan and of cos update the MP. Lol

Please everyone don't ever give up. Good luck to everyone waiting.......we shall all celebrate together here in this UK....my prayers are with you always.

deebaby05:
@tayeby78, expecting your own goodnews too. It will not delay and it's either YES or YES, nothing else ooo.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 1:50am On Nov 07, 2017
I don't see why not. Use the opportunity of the visit to take as many pictures together to use as evidence.

Whitnified:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 7:35am On Nov 07, 2017
tayeby78:
To God be all the glory .........Great things he hath done. Don't know if anyone remembers my story but I'll start from the beginning.

Timeline

June - emailed Manchester MP who happens to be a labour candidate and they are in full support of immigrants - got the advise from this forum

July - got letter appeal listed for December 8th 2017 - Same day the MP replied me. Lol

August - MP wrote me to find out the progress but I told her about the new application and that I wasn't coping, i was depressed and have to move in with my mother and appeal is taking too long.

17th August - Biometrics

Oct - tls hasn't updated that his application has been received by ukvi - I asked on this forum and Lamakinde advised to fill in their complaint section.

25th Oct - emailed mp to say I haven't heard anything from the second application.

Nov 6th - decision made email and passport ready for collection about 20 mins apart.

Hubby who has been carrying his collection letter in his car since last week just drove straight to Ikeja to go pick it up and low and behold his visa was there.

Please everyone don't ever give up. Good luck to everyone waiting.......we shall all celebrate together here in this UK....my prayers are with you always.
Congrats, God is good all the time.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 7:48am On Nov 07, 2017
I'm waiting for you to come share the good news with us. It's your time to give testimony......Jesus did it!

[quote author=Lamakinde post=62145886][/quote]
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:24am On Nov 07, 2017
Hallelujah ooooo. So so happy for you.
grin

1quote author=tayeby78 post=62142507]To God be all the glory .........Great things he hath done. Don't know if anyone remembers my story but I'll start from the beginning.

Timeline

17th August - Biometrics

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 8:32am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You cannot have two visas run concurrently..... Best he enjoys the use of the visiting visa, before putting in for a spousal application.

His passport would be submitted during the spousal visa application, and if a successful application is made. Visiting visa would be cancelled......

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I meant him visiting before submitting our settlement application
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Whitnified: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2017
tayeby78:
I don't see why not. Use the opportunity of the visit to take as many pictures together to use as evidence.

Thank you and that's a very good angle
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2017
tayeby78:

Timeline

17th August - Biometrics

Congrats, God is faithful...

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:46am On Nov 07, 2017
Whitnified:

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I meant him visiting before submitting our settlement application

Visa still valid for visitation purposes.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 8:50am On Nov 07, 2017
@ronvlaar, we are both next in line for our goodnews ooo, your bio 28th August, mine 31st August.

God Bless the moderators of this thread @ justwise @ lexusgs430 and all wonderful people for the encouragement, prayers, celebrations, advice etc. Am just so emotional this morning, happy with the goodnews and at the same apprehensive about mine but i know it is well, raising 4 kids alone with whatsapp video dad no easy cheesy
We 'll continue to share and partake in the goodnews.

ronvlaar:

Congrats, God is faithful...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 8:58am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If i was handling your brief, i would advice you to withdraw the appeal and reapply ( subject to certain terms).....
Reapplication is a more expensive approach, only if the rejection was based on lack of application preparation on your part.
Which brings me to my last question,why was the application refused ? And have you made adjustments?

@tayeby78 - You remember this reply, amongst others? Congratulations......... It's now time you paid us our tithe......

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by MreSBee: 9:30am On Nov 07, 2017
tayeby78:

Timeline

17th August - Biometrics

Congratulations on the success of your application. Was reading earlier about your initial application last year and was just going to make a comment on how your application was so similar to mine last year and funny thing is it was around same time last year.... Anyway all is history now... God has given you victory

May God give every one else still waiting this kind of good news and to us that are going to reapply soon.... good luck to everyone. Good morning
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 9:35am On Nov 07, 2017
As in, I just can't wait and its gonna end in praise by His grace..
deebaby05:
@ronvlaar, we are both next in line for our goodnews ooo, your bio 28th August, mine 31st August.

God Bless the moderators of this thread @ justwise @ lexusgs430 and all wonderful people for the encouragement, prayers, celebrations, advice etc. Am just so emotional this morning, happy with the goodnews and at the same apprehensive about mine but i know it is well, raising 4 kids alone with whatsapp video dad no easy cheesy
We 'll continue to share and partake in the goodnews.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:49am On Nov 07, 2017
tayeby78:
I'm waiting for you to come share the good news with us. It's your time to give testimony......Jesus did it!

Congrats, it's work holding me back. Will get there soon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.