Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,311 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1037254 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 10:56am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You cannot have two visas run concurrently..... Best he enjoys the use of the visiting visa, before putting in for a spousal application.

His passport would be submitted during the spousal visa application, and if a successful application is made. Visiting visa would be cancelled......

This is not correct. When I received my spouse visa I still had a valid visit visa and it wasn't cancelled.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:58am On Nov 07, 2017
teejay231:

This is not correct. When I received my spouse visa I still had a valid visit visa and it wasn't cancelled.

An error on their part..... When chanced, would quote the appropriate section.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Nov 07, 2017
teejay231:

But what use is the visiting visa, Attached to the spousal visa?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 11:04am On Nov 07, 2017
Aphrodite007:
I have come again with my wahala o. grin you people should please bear with me.

I have saved my application (can’t edit it now), and I have paid my IHS, but something came up and I need my passport to travel. Now my problem is the fact that I cannot change the information on my application (Travel History). And if I start a new application I might be asked to pay my IHS again.

So can I submit my passport with a visa stamp that isn’t declared in my application. Would this be bad? Or can I redo an application without needing to re-pay my IHS?

I don’t know what to do. It looks like my alternative is to not travel, but it’s for work.

As long as the information on your application is valid as at the time of completion, you don't have to worry. From my experience, travel history has no influence on spouse visas as applications are decided based on proof of finance, accommodation, relationship and English language as stipulated by law. My form was completed by my lawyer and he made mistakes with some of my travel dates. Just explain in your cover letter and you will be fine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by teejay231: 11:09am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

But what use is the visiting visa, Attached to the spousal visa?

No idea but it was still there.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:12am On Nov 07, 2017
teejay231:

No idea but it was still there.

Essence of this thread.... Banter ideas back and forth.. We await OP's spousal visa application, and let's see what happens to her husband's visiting visa....

But would dig through archives and post relevant section, on concurrently running visas........
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 11:41am On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Essence of this thread.... Banter ideas back and forth.. We await OP's spousal visa application, and let's see what happens to her husband's visiting visa....

But would dig through archives and post relevant section, on concurrently running visas........

One of my aunts had similar experience, even though the visiting visa was not cancelled on her passport, it was at the port of entry she got to know it was not valid anymore.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 11:43am On Nov 07, 2017
Minnienellie24:

One of my aunts had similar experience, even though the visiting visa was not cancelled on her passport, it was at the port of entry she got to know it was not valid anymore.

So are we saying visiting visa was cancelled?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

So are we saying visiting visa was cancelled?

Yes. On their database but not on her passport.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2017
Minnienellie24:

Yes. On their database but not on her passport.

A cancellation is a cancellation.. I said both visas cannot run concurrently....
Thanks for further clarifications.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 2:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
good afternoon all please while filling the VISA4UK form came across this question

is this your first passport?

please see the screenshot

I got my first passport 12 years ago 2003 expires 2008 but did not use
it. so should i state this or what do they mean here

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

Congrats, it's work holding me back. Will get there soon.
Alleluia, he has done it oooo oooo oooo. Visa given. Vignette is 9th Nov to 9th Dec. My case is really different. Wifey did not meet up with financial requirements and I didn't really know despite knowing that she had to cut down her hours so as to have more time for our son.
So I just packaged my accts to send totalling £15900 as added funds from me.
God is faithful, sending my timeline soon.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2017
Abi o. So you can use it to buy private jet.......youre due one o.
On a serious note though, thank you so so much. I appreciate you and this forum. When you come to the UK well, Manchester don't be a stranger o.

Lexusgs430:

@tayeby78 - You remember this reply, amongst others? Congratulations......... It's now time you paid us our tithe......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by tayeby78: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Congratulations biometrics mate........we go come eat rice o. Exactly the same validity as my husband. God is faithful. So so happy for you and good luck to everyone that's applied and is yet to apply. Please ask any question you want and we'll add our two cents.

Lamakinde:

Alleluia, he has done it oooo oooo oooo. Visa given. Vignette is 9th Nov to 9th Dec. My case is really different. Wifey did not meet up with financial requirements and I didn't really know despite knowing that she had to cut down her hours so as to have more time for our son.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
This is wonderful. E be like say na me don get my visa.
This can only be God, God must have made them see £19,500. Lol.

As men no dey carry luggage, please just pick up your phone and enter plane sharp sharp.

Lamakinde:

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

Yaaaaaaassss!!!
Congrats bro, so happy for u

I'm next in line ooooo
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

congratulations given hope to about to apply applicant like us

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2017
good afternoon all please while filling the VISA4UK form came across this question

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Mamalicious: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2017
Yes ooòooo. Av bn updating waiting to hear your good news. Am happy. Celebration all the way. At least we (Oct students ) coming behind have hope. Its well. Congrats once again.

Lamakinde:

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2017
readynow:

Just be honest with it. Say No and put the particulars of the old if asked. When they ask where is the passport, choose other. As it's not lost but cancelled with no prejudice because that's what immigration in Nigeria put there. That's what I filled in mine.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2017
readynow:

congratulations given hope to about to apply applicant like us
Thanks, your good news awaits you after application in Jesus name.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2017
ronvlaar:

Yaaaaaaassss!!!
Congrats bro, so happy for u

I'm next in line ooooo

Amen ooo. God has done it already, just waiting for your confirmation.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

So you did not sleep soundly last night?

Congratulations...... We expect your 30% tithe + offerings.....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2017
tayeby78:
Abi o. So you can use it to buy private jet.......youre due one o.
On a serious note though, thank you so so much. I appreciate you and this forum. When you come to the UK well, Manchester don't be a stranger o.

Start dashing out all your wrapper + shoes...... Enjoy your new adventure....
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2017
Timeline
August 12th - Application, IHS submitted and paid. Tls registration done

August 16th - Tls application received mail.

August 17th - Biometrics done (Made mistake on application, advised on forum to write a letter stating it and to go with the page to tls.

August 21st - Docs sent to Sheffield by wife.

August 28th - mail from UKVI, application received at UK Decision Making center

November 6th - Decision made and Pick up mails.

Passport picked on 7th November, vignette from 9th November to 9th Dec 2017.In my case God qualify the unqualified.

4 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

So you did not sleep soundly last night?

Congratulations...... We expect your 30% tithe + offerings.....
You guys (@Justwise & Lexusgs430) are too much. I can remember when I filled wrongly marriage - settlement and didn't see IHS payment and could remember that I heard about it on this forum, you pointed it out that there no application without IHS otherwise I would have made mistakes.
Thanks to all contributors. All waiting, God has done it already. As for the tithes @Lexusgs430, when I reach we will discuss further! �

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

Amen ooo. God has done it already, just waiting for your confirmation.

I can't wait o jare lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

Just be honest with it. Say No and put the particulars of the old if asked. When they ask where is the passport, choose other. As it's not lost but cancelled with no prejudice because that's what immigration in Nigeria put there. That's what I filled in mine.

Thank you I appreciate God bless for you response and congrat once more let the celebration begin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lexusgs430: 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:
Timeline

August 17th - Biometrics done (Made mistake on application, advised on forum to write a letter stating it and to go with the page to tls.

Passport picked on 7th November, vignette from 9th November to 9th Dec 2017.In my case God qualify the unqualified.

That soap wey u use wash your head, you suppose patent am.......
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:

Thanks, your good news awaits you after application in Jesus name.

Amen
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lamakinde:
Timeline

Congratulations
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2017
Lexusgs430:

That soap wey u use wash your head, you suppose patent am.......

@Lexusgs430, na real soap. I just noticed they used exceptional circumstances for me. Reading the letter to immigration, it's the 10 year route because of financial requirements. All those talks that our son will experience culture shock if we move to Nigeria while the mum isn't Nigerian. All in all, na God ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.