Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (864449 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
HOS13:

I don't think so. Your CAS (and by extension, your visa) is linked to your course and university. If you wish to change your course or university, you will need a new Tier 4 visa!
I can't speak for other schools but in my school, uni of manchester you can within d first 2 weeks. Infact it was announced during orientation seminar
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

In that case your CAS statement should be okay.

Okay thank you Justwise.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
Aristoqrat:

In that case your CAS statement should be okay.

Thanks @aristocrat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:08am On Aug 12, 2013
SAT1: Hello peeps,

How easy it is for one to change a course within the same department say: from Electronics Engineering to Control Engineering) after getting to d UK, may be during the first month of classes? Would one loose anything for doing such? What are d procedures?

Very easy, even after first semester you can still switch within the same department.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:09am On Aug 12, 2013
tendulkar10023: Hello guys I m very tensed I am from india I applied for tier 4general student visa to study a levels uk I am 16 so they did not take my interview.
I submitted my bank passbook for evidence of money it was dated from 1july to 5august I made application on 8th august and I got the letter from on 7th august stating that money has been there in the bank account since28days..i also did not attach the currency converison from oanda but it is more than 7200pound.is this any problem will it lead to refusal..please help...

Did you submit letter of consent from your parents because of your age?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:12am On Aug 12, 2013
jubel:

Thanks @Justwise.I appreciate.I guess acceptance letter here mean Offer letter.Is this necessary or not?I don't intend sumbmitting it because the date on it is not the same with my cas as I deferred my admission so resumption date has changed.

No its not necessary, CAS is enough for that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 4:05am On Aug 12, 2013
[quote author=SAT1]Yeah! I transfered ma Tuition fee last week, I bougth ma pounds from black market at #252/£. The guy paid d money into my dommy after which I did a local naira transfer to his account too. I then did FX transfer of d 13,500£ to my Sch's Barclays Bank account in tranches of 6000, 4500 and 3000£. You can also do same but be ready to pay transaction charges through ur nose, the charges are crazy man (I used gtb and incured d following charges: 0.5% of the whole money as commission, 5% of the commission as VAT, 12£ per transaction as Offshore charges, #4000/transaction as for telex). The charges migth not be a big deal to u anyways but it was to me as the whole money was from my sweat.

By d way, why would you wanna use someone else's dommy? It takes only 24hrs to open one for ur self at gtb ma guy. Open one fast and tell d guy to pay d money into it for you. Its better that way, aside from prevent u from high BP, ur money would also be refunded directly into ur personal dommy if need be in the long run.
Hope this helps.

Yeah it does help
From your breakdown,my quick take is that you paid about £172-180 pounds for bank charges along with the 4k telex money
Eventually that knuckles down to about 255.3 naira for a pound

Currently,I'm having some issues regarding my current a/c references (which has stalled my ability to open a dom acct) that's why I seek to go through someone to wire the chedah
That apart,I heard this bank's have diff crazy charges on dom acct
However I eventually do it,I'll post it here for others to gain insight

That apart,you na big boi wink
£13,700 pounds tution in about a week to oyinbo for student visa grin grin
Chai,maga don truly pay angry angry
Multiply that by the tens of thousands like you and me going to UK for studies along with our living expenses in tow and know that the joke is on us
We develop our former colonialist's local economy on his ungrateful terms and conditions because of the joke this nation currently is due to imbecilic governance
Shame embarassed embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 5:35am On Aug 12, 2013
^^^^^^^^
BTW,is your acct domiciled in pounds or dollars?
A friend advised dollar domiciliation in that dollars are easily to source in funding one's account (though if I may add,more susceptible to flunctuations than other major currencies too)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by don90: 10:50am On Aug 12, 2013
I've just got a message stating that a decision on my tier 4 visa application has been made...so I am going to collect my passport in 2 hours...wish me luck guys..dunno why I have a bad feeling about this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 12, 2013
don_90: I've just got a message stating that a decision on my tier 4 visa application has been made...so I am going to collect my passport in 2 hours...wish me luck guys..dunno why I have a bad feeling about.

how many working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by don90: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2013
13 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 12:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
justwise:

No its not necessary, CAS is enough for that.

Okay thank you.One more question pls.I printed my statement on the 7th of Aug,was meant to apply on the 9th but its now 15th due to public hols and ukba rescheduled it.

My question is,should I get another statement on the 14th(wednesday) which is a day before I submit my application.Am applying on the 15th.Although I know it must not be more than one month prior to d date of submission.But just to be on a safer side.

I printed 40days statement.Is this okay or its to the extreme?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
jubel:

Okay thank you.One more question pls.I printed my statement on the 7th of Aug,was meant to apply on the 9th but its now 15th due to public hols and ukba rescheduled it.

My question is,should I get another statement on the 14th(wednesday) which is a day before I submit my application.Am applying on the 15th.Although I know it must not be more than one month prior to d date of submission.But just to be on a safer side.

I printed 40days statement.Is this okay or its to the extreme?

That is a sensible thing to do, so go ahead with that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
justwise:

That is a sensible thing to do, so go ahead with that.

Ok Justwise.But something struck my mind now.U know I already printed the statement on the 7th.Normally I was meant to apply 9th but due to the hols.Ukba expects me to have printed my statement before that 9th.Although it was rescheduled by them which is not my fault.
Do u feel they might feel y a new statement?Hope it won't cause isses.Pls what do u feel about this?

Those people ehn,that is when they would blow grammer now.'I understand that your appointment date was 9th.But due to the holiday,it was rescheduled to 15th.I expect you to have gotten your statement down before the initial date (9th)'.One can never predict them.Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by don90: 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
Just got my tier 4 visaaaa !!!! Thank you alot justwise for your great contribution.. cant wait to get my masters degree and get back to my home country..wish me luck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hey congrats to you!
All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
don_90: Just got my tier 4 visaaaa !!!! Thank you alot justwise for your great contribution.. cant wait to get my masters degree and get back to my home country..wish me luck

Wow!Congrats.Hmmmm,uve been so scared ehn.Lol.Wish me luck too o.Happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
don_90: I've just got a message stating that a decision on my tier 4 visa application has been made...so I am going to collect my passport in 2 hours...wish me luck guys..dunno why I have a bad feeling about this
No need to wish you any 'luck' cos the decision has already reflected on your passport
BTW,dem give you the Visa?
Congrats

don_90: Just got my tier 4 visaaaa !!!! Thank you alot justwise for your great contribution.. cant wait to get my masters degree and get back to my home country..wish me luck
Why you come get bad feeling before you go collect your visa
Na wa for you O!
Congratz again sha
Rock UK jejely even though na masters you dey go read grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chrisdestiny: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mr justwise..I jus want 2 thnk u 4 ds thread..I followed it throughly n finali got my visa 2dae afta 15 working days.
I made some silly mistakes lyk d reason y I was refused a visa 2 d usa, nt having ma full names on ma personal statements,etc. But I prayed 2 God n he truly answered my prayers!! Ciao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Be2012(f): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
chrisdestiny: Mr justwise..I jus want 2 thnk u 4 ds thread..I followed it throughly n finali got my visa 2dae afta 15 working days.
I made some silly mistakes lyk d reason y I was refused a visa 2 d usa, nt having ma full names on ma personal statements,etc. But I prayed 2 God n he truly answered my prayers!! Ciao
Congratulations to yu and Don90 , God is faithful. Keep the NAiraland Spirit flyin in UK! And to all of us submitting this week , God will Also give us a testimony. IJN
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by wolske: 11:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
Hi Justwise. Just a quick question. I'm going for my Phd and i already have my visa. My wife also has her visa (she got the visa as my dependant partner.) I however noticed that while my own visa allows me 20 hours work per week during term time, my wife's visa says nothing about work, it just says "no recourse to public funds". Does this mean that my wife cannot do any work throughout the period of my Phd? I need a clear interpretation of the immigration rules on this question. Looking forward to your response. THANKS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
jubel:

Ok Justwise.But something struck my mind now.U know I already printed the statement on the 7th.Normally I was meant to apply 9th but due to the hols.Ukba expects me to have printed my statement before that 9th.Although it was rescheduled by them which is not my fault.
Do u feel they might feel y a new statement?Hope it won't cause isses.Pls what do u feel about this?

Those people ehn,that is when they would blow grammer now.'I understand that your appointment date was 9th.But due to the holiday,it was rescheduled to 15th.I expect you to have gotten your statement down before the initial date (9th)'.One can never predict them.Lol

Printing another one will show that you haven't touched the money since that 7th, so you got nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:57pm On Aug 12, 2013

Congratulations, really happy for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
chrisdestiny: Mr justwise..I jus want 2 thnk u 4 ds thread..I followed it throughly n finali got my visa 2dae afta 15 working days.

Congratulations, i'm glad the thread helped.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2013
wolske: Hi Justwise. Just a quick question. I'm going for my Phd and i already have my visa. My wife also has her visa (she got the visa as my dependant partner.) I however noticed that while my own visa allows me 20 hours work per week during term time, my wife's visa says nothing about work, it just says "no recourse to public funds". Does this mean that my wife cannot do any work throughout the period of my Phd? I need a clear interpretation of the immigration rules on this question. Looking forward to your response. THANKS.

I need to check that and get back to you because i remembered reading about changes to that sometime ago.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 1:34am On Aug 13, 2013
Mr, justwise.I would be applying for the tier 4 visa 15th bt just want to be clarified on d funds which includes the maintenance and the remaining course fees for the year that I have in my account and it has almost spent 28 days. I am suppose to show that I have £13,712 which I din't use the Oanda bt instead I calculated a pound to 250 naira and that gave me the sum of N3,428,000 while I have N3,434,500. Am I on track or did I used the wrong figure to estimate what am to have in my account? And how do I get the Onada print out cos whn I checked the website I was able 2 download the application and that's what I used to monitor the exchange rate but there was I day it a pound reached N250.9. Looking forward to your response. THANKS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

Printing another one will show that you haven't touched the money since that 7th, so you got nothing to worry about.

Okay @Justwise,thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2013
lopmaidx: Mr, justwise.I would be applying for the tier 4 visa 15th bt just want to be clarified on d funds which includes the maintenance and the remaining course fees for the year that I have in my account and it has almost spent 28 days. I am suppose to show that I have £13,712 which I din't use the Oanda bt instead I calculated a pound to 250 naira and that gave me the sum of N3,428,000 while I have N3,434,500. Am I on track or did I used the wrong figure to estimate what am to have in my account? And how do I get the Onada print out cos whn I checked the website I was able 2 download the application and that's what I used to monitor the exchange rate but there was I day it a pound reached N250.9. Looking forward to your response. THANKS.

Since you are almost done with the 28days waiting time...there is nothing you can do now, as long as you have the complete from day one you will be fine, the BHC uses the exchange rate of the day you sent in your application to calculate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

Since you are almost done with the 28days waiting time...there is nothing you can do now, as long as you have the complete from day one you will be fine, the BHC uses the exchange rate of the day you sent in your application to calculate.

On a normal day a pound is less than N250, I just pray 2 have such figure whn printing my statement 2morrow as I would want 2 submit on thursday the 15th. How about the Onada print out that I have read abt on the previous pages, How do I go abt that? I have completed my online application n have some issues with booking an appointment as it either says I have already booked an appointment and when I want to cancel to reshedule it says such data is nt available! Can I just go and submit on the day I wanted to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:17am On Aug 13, 2013
lopmaidx:

On a normal day a pound is less than N250, I just pray 2 have such figure whn printing my statement 2morrow as I would want 2 submit on thursday the 15th. How about the Onada print out that I have read abt on the previous pages, How do I go abt that? I have completed my online application n have some issues with booking an appointment as it either says I have already booked an appointment and when I want to cancel to reshedule it says such data is nt available! Can I just go and submit on the day I wanted to?

You can print it out,see the yellow circle at the top right in the image i attached

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lopmaidx(m): 9:42am On Aug 13, 2013
justwise:

You can print it out,see the yellow circle at the top right in the image i attached

Am so happy dat am on track, thanks Mr Justwise, should I just go and submit my application this one that I can't reshedule or even cancel to rebook?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pjonesm: 9:45am On Aug 13, 2013
Hello justwise and co, please i had already fill out the online application form and had also book the appointment. But i later discovered that there was mistake on my parent dob (it was different from the dob i submitted last year while i was refused )can i fill out a new online application and book another appointment. please advise me, though the parents are late and i don't even know there real dob, i only quote for them, but what i fill last year was different from the online application i just submitted now. please can i fill another online form and re book the appointment. it is urgent i need response please.
Also i had paid the full tuition fees and i have a balance of (1,400,000naira) in my account for over one month, hope it will not affect my chance about the maintenance fund

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.