Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,014 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868926 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2013
agboliver: An international cheque is a cheque from a bank based in UK as my bank here has an current account in that bank. it's like a traveller cheque the amount is already in pound and the cheque is in my name .
I can only access the monney if I get to the UK .
Is that a good proof of finance ?
Don Oms:
I'll confirm if it's a good proof of finance.
I have checked for you and I will say to my understanding of the Tier-4 Migrant Guidance, I'm afraid there is no substantial evidence the cheque is acceptable. If there had been a letter from the bank accompanying the cheque detailing the closing balance of the account and explaining the money is held for a minimum of 28 days (not ending more than 31 days from the day of application), then it would have been outrightly acceptable. Did anyone advice you to use the check?
For your reference, see page 33-35 of this document: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/pbs/Tier4migrantguidance.pdf
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2013
Don Oms:
Fiscalcliff is very correct. Your CAS is only a virtual document. The information tied to your CAS on the "database" usually have a Sponsor Note which carries additional detail you may not see on the CAS Statement you were given. You can ask your school in a mail to confirm. By the way, which school are you going to?
university of hertfordshire , from other student that are already there they told me 7th October
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
abbakacici: university of hertfordshire , from other student that are already there they told me 7th October
I believe you have nothing to worry about then. But since it won't cost you anything, send an e-mail to your school asking them to confirm for you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DebbyD1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
philni055: Wise move and congrats on ur visa. Have you sorted oit accommodation and airport pickup?

You can bring some african food that can sustain you for sometime but you can get african food in newcastle. If you have any worries you can ask.

Congrats and welcome to newcastle
I've sorted my accommodation with Liberty Quay but no special airport pickup, probably just get a cab to my hostel...
Just picked up my visa today, should be in Newcastle on Saturday... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adeola1289: 7:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
@the kid123 pls I would like to find out if u av gotten ur passport, nd how many days did it take to get it bak, nd please where did u submit d passport, did u take it to abua urself or u sent n aw did u send it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
There are loads of airport taxis. Your accomodation agreememt hope it is for 52weeks?

Use a KLM flight cos d luggage allowance is larger than Emirates. I would have picked you up but I am in the hospital all week. Feel free to contact me if you have any queries.

Bring some nigerian food when come for ursef. Seal them properly and put in your main luggage. When I mean nigerian food (indomie, crayfish, sauce, grinded pepper etc) you can get rice and beans, garri here.

You are welcome.

Debby D:
I've sorted my accommodation with Liberty Quay but no special airport pickup, probably just get a cab to my hostel...
Just picked up my visa today, should be in Newcastle on Saturday... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

hey Mubby......Good morning. Am staying in school accommodation. How many days is your visa? When is your Class going to Brathay Lake District?

Good day dear, my visa is 10 working days today o, but no news yet. The Brathay trip for my class is on the 28th i.e. Friday. Hoping the visa comes out soon. Btw is there a formal registration/sign up for the Brathay trip?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
mubby08:

Good day dear, my visa is 10 working days today o, but no news yet. The Brathay trip for my class is on the 28th i.e. Friday. Hoping the visa comes out soon. Btw is there a formal registration/sign up for the Brathay trip?

Lol you should be more worried about meeting up your latest. Start cate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hi nairalanders, when you get to d UK get yourself registered with d NHS and get a nhs no because you are entitled to free health care.

The healthcare exludes eye and dental treatments. Get a nus card and rail card for more discounts. If you think of working 20hrs you wont be taxed cos you are earning below £9440, remember to get a national insurance number and it is free of charge (don't pay)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 6:40am On Sep 24, 2013
abnot:

Lol you should be more worried about meeting up your latest. Start cate

Uhmmm she asked me about the date for the trip for my class. I simply just answered that.it's not a bad thing if I try to find out what's going on at school. As for my latest start date, I will surely meet up by God's grace. So keep your sarcasm to yourself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by julius98: 8:05am On Sep 24, 2013
Who provides prove of fund that wil satify d tution and maintaining allowance in Uk as specify in visa requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2013
Pls guys who has a number for the vfs people in lag, my appointment is for today but I was unable to print the appointment page. Should I just go there? Will they attend to me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2013
julius98: Who provides prove of fund that wil satify d tution and maintaining allowance in Uk as specify in visa requirement?
The VISA applicant, any of his/her parents or a legal guardian with proof of adoption.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2013
Jen1: Pls guys who has a number for the vfs people in lag, my appointment is for today but I was unable to print the appointment page. Should I just go there? Will they attend to me?
They don't allow people inside without an appointment. You should have posted yesterday so there may have been a solution for you. In my opinion, re-book for tomorrow. But here's the number you asked for anyway: VFS IKEJA Enquiry Number: +2347042848040
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2013
philni055: Hi nairalanders, when you get to d UK get yourself registered with d NHS and get a nhs no because you are entitled to free health care.

The healthcare exludes eye and dental treatments. Get a nus card and rail card for more discounts. If you think of working 20hrs you wont be taxed cos you are earning below £9440, remember to get a national insurance number and it is free of charge (don't pay)
Thanks a lot for the info bro. I actually never knew they could give NHS no to Tier-4 Students but I know of the Insurance number. I should be in Newcastle next week by God's grace. I'll PM you when I settle there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2013
Don Oms:
They don't allow people inside without an appointment. You should have posted yesterday so there may have been a solution for you. In my opinion, re-book for tomorrow. But here's the number you asked for anyway: VFS IKEJA Enquiry Number: +2347042848040

Ive been trying this number since and they keep telling me all their agents are currently busy, I posted this a few days ago, I already have the appointment because wen I tried to rebook that's wat they told me, I just don't have the print out or the ref number to reprint it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2013
Don Oms:
Thanks a lot for the info bro. I actually never knew they could give NHS no to Tier-4 Students but I know of the Insurance number. I should be in Newcastle next week by God's grace. I'll PM you when I settle there.
'Sup Don, is your visa out?.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2013
Jen1:

Ive been trying this number since and they keep telling me all their agents are currently busy, I posted this a few days ago, I already have the appointment because wen I tried to rebook that's wat they told me, I just don't have the print out or the ref number to reprint it
If I were you Jen, I would go. Just walk in there and take a ticket number. It would take longer than when you have your appointment letter. So far your appointment is on their database you'll be interviewed and no one would ask of your appointment letter. Show the security men you forms and passport, they'll allow you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2013
JideVince:
If I were you Jen, I would go. Just walk in there and take a ticket number. It would take longer than when you have your appointment letter. So far your appointment is on their database you'll be interviewed and no one would ask of your appointment letter. Show the security men you forms and passport, they'll allow you.

Thanks, I don't have much time to be thinking of booking another one tmao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2013
Don Oms:
The VISA applicant, any of his/her parents or a legal guardian with proof of adoption.
Don't try using a legal guardian except you are less than 18.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 9:41am On Sep 24, 2013
Jen1:

Thanks, I don't have much time to be thinking of booking another one tmao
All the best! I was there last week friday, I didn't show them my appointment letter, even though I had it (cos I went late). I was still allowed in without any questions. Although, I presented the letter when I got inside just to hasten my submission, without the letter, you might be delayed a little. Go anytime after 12 noon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2013
JideVince:
All the best! I was there last week friday, I didn't show them my appointment letter, even though I had it (cos I went late). I was still allowed in without any questions. Although, I presented the letter when I got inside just to hasten my submission, without the letter, you might be delayed a little. Go anytime after 12 noon.

Ok thank you, the appointment is for 1 anyway
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2013
Hi, hope to see you soon. The best way to get registered is via your school clinic. Visit the clinic to fill the medical form and get registered.

Don Oms:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 10:10am On Sep 24, 2013
I have just called BHC and was told that my passport is at the final stage and should be ready for collection by tomorrow or thursday, Please guys, what does the final stage mean? Could there be any further delay after this stage?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2013
abnot: I have just called BHC and was told that my passport is at the final stage and should be ready for collection by tomorrow or thursday, Please guys, what does the final stage mean? Could there be any further delay after this stage?
when do you summited and where
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 11:36am On Sep 24, 2013
Finally my passport is in transit, who is planing traveling on Friday,Saturday, or Sunday on klm,emirate or any other flight that will not cost more then 250 k return ticket , because I hate travelling alone especially the ones with long transit, my luggage will less then 30kg and I have no hand luggage so I will not mind helping him out ,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2013
abbakacici: Finally my passport is in transit, who is planing traveling on Friday,Saturday, or Sunday on klm,emirate or any other flight that will not cost more then 250 k return ticket , because I hate travelling alone especially the ones with long transit, my luggage will less then 30kg and I have no hand luggage so I will not mind helping him out ,
Emirates is cheaper for one way flights
For return,look to KLM, Air France and Luftansa
All 3 are cheaper than Emirates
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pls everyone if i am going for my masters in the uk , must i book a return ticket ? Can't i just book a one way ticket ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 12:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
ochukoccna:
Emirates is cheaper for one way flights
For return,look to KLM, Air France and Luftansa
All 3 are cheaper than Emirates
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
When did you apply my friend. 4 me i applied on d 9th September in Ikeja.

abbakacici: Finally my passport is in transit, who is planing traveling on Friday,Saturday, or Sunday on klm,emirate or any other flight that will not cost more then 250 k return ticket , because I hate travelling alone especially the ones with long transit, my luggage will less then 30kg and I have no hand luggage so I will not mind helping him out ,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
abbakacici: when do you summited and where

I submitted on the 6th of sept in abuja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Yes. You can buy a one way.

paradisewoods: Pls everyone if i am going for my masters in the uk , must i book a return ticket ? Can't i just book a one way ticket ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.