Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,378 members, 7,861,045 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868932 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2013
justwise:

School accommodation is a no-go-area only if you are swimming in cash, its expensive and restrictive but socially beneficiary especially for new students.

Private renting is cheaper but never ever pay for accommodation you did not see physically and sign tenancy agreement , avoid signing group tenancy agreement because if one person moves out the remaining tenants will share the cost of the empty room.

Go for all bills inclusive (water, gas, internet and electricity), go for single bedroom for a start (if you are on budget) you can move up to double bedroom when thing improves......

How much is it for a single bedroom with the facilities listed above?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 4:41pm On Sep 22, 2013
princessmoi:

How much is it for a single bedroom with the facilities listed above?
your school because the cost accomodation depend on the city
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by SaucyDolph(f): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2013
mubby08:

Amen o! my dear. You guys are having fun, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot sad my classes also begins Monday, MBS too MSc Information Systems:Business IT. U staying on campus or private acco?

hey Mubby......Good morning. Am staying in school accommodation. How many days is your visa? When is your Class going to Brathay Lake District?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 11:42am On Sep 23, 2013
So I called BHC this morning to find out when my passport will be ready and the lady asked for my passport number. Thereafter she says "Give us a call tomorrow "
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agboliver: 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hello everyone , I'm new here and I need some help for my visa. I have applied for my tier4 visa on the 09th September 2013 and the last starting date is the 30th sepetember .

My point is :

- is it too late ?
- do I apply too late ?
- do I have some chance ?
Please I need your answer....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 12:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=agboliver]Hello everyone , I'm new here and I need some help for my visa. I have applied for my tier4 visa on the 09th September 2013 and the last starting date is the 30th sepetember .

My point is :

- is it too late ?
- do I apply too late ?
If you are lucky they might call you today so start tracking your application because most people get it in 10 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
agboliver: Hello everyone , I'm new here and I need some help for my visa. I have applied for my tier4 visa on the 09th September 2013 and the last starting date is the 30th sepetember .

My point is :

- is it too late ?
- do I apply too late ?
Please I need your answer....
In my opinion, no one can categorically answer that question except God. Here's the reason: having applied on the 09th, there's a 90% chance u should get ur visa before 27th (from recent trends) if your application doesn't suffer any verification delays. So let's assume the ECO was to stamp it tomorrow, 24th, you'll most likely be given visa as they believe you'll make it to the UK before 30th. Let us assume you had verification delays and a decision was to be made on Friday, 27th, they MAY want to deny you since it's 95% unlikely you get the package before 30th ('cos of weekend). God forbid they're to make a decision after the 30th, it's automatic refusal.
Having said all, if you believe in God, then pray a miracle happens this week. Above all, don't worry about it & be cheerful. All the best!
PS: I'm hopeful your package should be ready by tomorrow though. Keep tracking it at intervals.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agboliver: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2013
Hello here .....Guys I need your help... I've used an international cheque of 10925 £ to justify my finance and I also keep this amount for more than 28 days in my father account and use this to also justify my finance ...

The point is , is there any problem with my international cheque ? as the monney already in the UK and when I get there I can only withdraw and open an account ? please I need an answer .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 12:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
I applied same 09 Sept too. But my latest resumption date is 7th October. Fingers crossed. I believe they will check d CAS and find d dates. Registration began today in My skool. South wales. Anybody going to South wales or already there. Please whats d cost for single room in Cardiff share 2 bed room flat or 4.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 1:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
Brilliant piece u wrote down. Thanks for your words of hope. God will indeed help us. God must eleviate u my brodas.

Don Oms:
In my opinion, no one can categorically answer that question except God. Here's the reason: having applied on the 09th, there's a 90% chance u should get ur visa before 27th (from recent trends) if your application doesn't suffer any verification delays. So let's assume the ECO was to stamp it tomorrow, 24th, you'll most likely be given visa as they believe you'll make it to the UK before 30th. Let us assume you had verification delays and a decision was to be made on Friday, 27th, they MAY want to deny you since it's 95% unlikely you get the package before 30th ('cos of weekend). God forbid they're to make a decision after the 30th, it's automatic refusal.
Having said all, if you believe in God, then pray a miracle happens this week. Above all, don't worry about it & be cheerful. All the best!
PS: I'm hopeful your package should be ready by tomorrow though. Keep tracking it at intervals.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
holyboy.com:
I applied same 09 Sept too. But my latest resumption date is 7th October. Fingers crossed. I believe they will check d CAS and find d dates. Registration began today in My skool. South wales. Anybody going to South wales or already there. Please whats d cost for single room in Cardiff share 2 bed room flat or 4.
Check up www.gumtree.com u'll get a cost idea on cardiff houses.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
agboliver: Hello here .....Guys I need your help... I've used an international cheque of 10925 £ to justify my finance and I also keep this amount for more than 28 days in my father account and use this to also justify my finance ...

The point is , is there any problem with my international cheque ? as the monney already in the UK and when I get there I can only withdraw and open an account ? please I need an answer .
Explain "International Cheque?" And Does it support what the Tier-4 Policy guidance states under the Fee Section?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agboliver: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thank you don oms
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agboliver: 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
An international cheque is a cheque from a bank based in UK as my bank here has an current account in that bank. it's like a traveller cheque the amount is already in pound and the cheque is in my name .
I can only access the monney if I get to the UK .
Is that a good proof of finance ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
@sollie001 how was your interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2013
Jide, have you applied?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
princessmoi: Jide, have you applied?
Yes I did last Friday (20th). Thanks for asking smiley. Hoping for a swift and positive response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
JideVince:
Yes I did last Friday (20th). Thanks for asking smiley. Hoping for a swift and positive response.

Good no worries you shall have it by God's grace. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:17pm On Sep 23, 2013
princessmoi:

Good no worries you shall have it by God's grace. smiley
Amen to that! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2013
JideVince:
Amen to that! Thanks
Amen to your Amen too wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2013
Princessmoi, are you already in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
I have a question in my cas the latest date a student can be accepted into the course is empty , it only state course start 23 September 2013 and ends 30 September 2014, I summited my application 12 working days ago and my status has not change yet thus the earliest i can get my visa is Wednesday that is if am luck my status change tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agboliver: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2013
Don Oms:
Explain "International Cheque?" And Does it support what the Tier-4 Policy guidance states under the Fee Section?
What I know is that I have to have enough monkey to support myself in the UK .
An International cheque is a cheque or check for a Bank base oversea in UK for instance . which Is in pound and has been delivered to a student for maintenance ( school fees accomodation and food ), and can only be used if he get to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
ochukoccna:
Lol
ochukoccna:
Lol
ochukoccna:
Lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
JideVince: Princessmoi, are you already in the UK?

Na not yet, by God's grace this week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2013
princessmoi:

Na not yet, by God's grace this week.
Alright, have a safe trip.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
JideVince:
Alright, have a safe trip.

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2013
abbakacici: I have a question in my cas the latest date a student can be accepted into the course is empty , it only state course start 23 September 2013 and ends 30 September 2014, I summited my application 12 working days ago and my status has not change yet thus the earliest i can get my visa is Wednesday that is if am luck my status change tomorrow
Stay calm
Most schools (UK ones) usually have a 2week allowance for late arrivals/late registration
It is not stated on the CAS but is viewable by the UKBA on a sort of database they and all Tier4 sponsors have
To further assure yourself,reach out to your school to confirm or dispute late arrivals start dates cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
agboliver: An international cheque is a cheque from a bank based in UK as my bank here has an current account in that bank. it's like a traveller cheque the amount is already in pound and the cheque is in my name .
I can only access the monney if I get to the UK .
Is that a good proof of finance ?
I'll confirm if it's a good proof of finance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
abbakacici: I have a question in my cas the latest date a student can be accepted into the course is empty , it only state course start 23 September 2013 and ends 30 September 2014, I summited my application 12 working days ago and my status has not change yet thus the earliest i can get my visa is Wednesday that is if am luck my status change tomorrow
Fiscalcliff is very correct. Your CAS is only a virtual document. The information tied to your CAS on the "database" usually have a Sponsor Note which carries additional detail you may not see on the CAS Statement you were given. You can ask your school in a mail to confirm. By the way, which school are you going to?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
Don Oms:
I'll confirm if it's a good proof of finance.
I doubt it is a good proof of finance, since a cheque wouldn't show that the fund has been available for at least 28 days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agboliver: 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
JideVince:
I doubt it is a good proof of finance, since a cheque wouldn't show that the fund has been available for at least 28 days.
I beg check this for me

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.