Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,990 members, 7,859,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (868716 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2013
@justwise please need your expertise... I was refused under 320 7a and the reason was fake Bachelor degree from computer science according to the ECO which not true I don't how can they even do this to me. What can I do to prove that my college degree is genuine? ; (
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
elyasnawabi: @justwise please need your expertise... I was refused under 320 7a and the reason was fake Bachelor degree from computer science according to the ECO which not true I don't how can they even do this to me. What can I do to prove that my college degree is genuine? ; (

Kindly type out or attach the refusal notice here so we can assist
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by onernoyahooco: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
MicSmith: Collected my visa today. Thank God

I'm also going to coventry. Haven't booked a flight yet tho. Which airline are u using

Am using BA. leaving on tue ve u got accommodation?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:14am On Sep 20, 2013
elyasnawabi: @justwise please need your expertise... I was refused under 320 7a and the reason was fake Bachelor degree from computer science according to the ECO which not true I don't how can they even do this to me. What can I do to prove that my college degree is genuine? ; (

Sadly that carries 10yrs ban, can you post the refusal letter here? Remove all personal details, just the section of ECO's comment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:06am On Sep 20, 2013
Gtb can't print my statement since yesterday. sad this absolutely ridiculous!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2013
JideVince: Gtb can't print my statement since yesterday. sad this absolutely ridiculous!

Print the online version and take it to the bank to have it stamped. When is your school's latest resumption date?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:23am On Sep 20, 2013
abnot:

Print the online version and take it to the bank to have it stamped. When is your school's latest resumption date?
How do I do that? I don't do online banking
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2013
Waiting really is boring I summited on 5th Abuja , yesterday and today I have check almost 5 time only now that I understand what people are saying before about waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 11:04am On Sep 20, 2013
Saucy Dolph:

You will get yours in Jesus name. Everything is going on well. A lot of society fair, parties, free pizza grin, fre things, induction lectures and all other stuffs. Some people have started lectures. As for me, i'll be starting next week Monday(MBS-M.Sc Finance)

Amen o! my dear. You guys are having fun, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot sad my classes also begins Monday, MBS too MSc Information Systems:Business IT. U staying on campus or private acco?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:09am On Sep 20, 2013
JideVince: Gtb can't print my statement since yesterday. sad this absolutely ridiculous!
That's weird. Did you try another branch? GTB has a scheduled maintenance between 21-22Sept but that should not affect printing Bank Statement on the 19th. Go to any branch and request for Internet Banking Activation. They'll print out your UserID and Password for you. You can then login and generate your Bank Statement. On Monday, take it to any branch for attestation & have them stamp & sign it so you can still have your interview on the same day. All tthe best bro!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mubby08: 11:09am On Sep 20, 2013
abbakacici: Waiting really is boring I summited on 5th Abuja , yesterday and today I have check almost 5 time only now that I understand what people are saying before about waiting

Lol. Tell me about it. Waiting is really boring and annoying. I submitted on the 9th and it already feels like 4eva.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 11:56am On Sep 20, 2013

Try going to another branch or something.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Aristoqrat: 11:57am On Sep 20, 2013
abbakacici: Waiting really is boring I summited on 5th Abuja , yesterday and today I have check almost 5 time only now that I understand what people are saying before about waiting

Hang in there, I am sure you will be notified soon. Waiting is gruesome no doubt. All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by holyboycom: 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
waiting is something i can not explain. i applied ame date on the 9th of september.. my enrollment date starts 23rd. on monday. my close friend travelled 2 days back...and i did not even let them know i am waiting for my visa.. just praying and believing God grants my heart desire ooo.... cant wait to go start preparation.. No ticket yet but will go with Emirates or KLM..... University of South Wales.... God please make dey give us Visa abeg... we our money 4 oyibo hand....

mubby08:

Lol. Tell me about it. Waiting is really boring and annoying. I submitted on the 9th and it already feels like 4eva.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013

mubby08:

Stop stressing yourselves
I think its best you tidy every unfinished biz cos of the mad rush that'll follow once you visualize your visa
I check twice daily (morning and night) and I've not today knowing even if its ready, Monday 'll be the earliest I can collect it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
holyboy.com:
waiting is something i can not explain. i applied ame date on the 9th of september.. my enrollment date starts 23rd. on monday. my close friend travelled 2 days back...and i did not even let them know i am waiting for my visa.. just praying and believing God grants my heart desire ooo.... cant wait to go start preparation.. No ticket yet but will go with Emirates or KLM..... University of South Wales.... God please make dey give us Visa abeg... we our money 4 oyibo hand....

I check emirate price is like 207 to 220 for 2 ways but is almost 24 hours journey including transit do you know the price range of klm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 2:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
abbakacici: I check emirate price is like 207 to 220 for 2 ways but is almost 24 hours journey including transit do you know the price range of klm
Two ways grin grin
Which kain English be that bro? shocked shocked
Just say return flight and that's it
How did you come about your price quote up there?
Emirates dot com gave me an over $1489 quote for a departure flight in Sept 2013 with a late February 2014 return whilst KLM was cheaper at just over $1057 for the same time frame (lagos-heathrow)
Recall KLM is also more direct and better baggage allowance
Emirates is only cheaper on one way tickets but if you want to do return, look to KLM or Lufthansa cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 4:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
ochukoccna:

I think its best you tidy every unfinished biz cos of the mad rush that'll follow once you visualize your visa
I check twice daily (morning and night) and I've not today knowing even if its ready, Monday 'll be the earliest I can collect it
when do you summited
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Don Oms:
That's weird. Did you try another branch? GTB has a scheduled maintenance between 21-22Sept but that should not affect printing Bank Statement on the 19th. Go to any branch and request for Internet Banking Activation. They'll print out your UserID and Password for you. You can then login and generate your Bank Statement. On Monday, take it to any branch for attestation & have them stamp & sign it so you can still have your interview on the same day. All tthe best bro!
thanks so much Don oms! I was able to active online banking,print the online statement, stamped and signed. My appointment was for 12 noon and I got the statement around 1.44pm, i went anyways. I got there around 2.20pm. Thankfully, i was able to submit my application today! GTBank na wah oh! Which kain wahala be that one self? I was just moving from one branch to another, until i got told it was a bankwide problem.You can print your statement online but cant print it from the bank? None of those constumer care guys was able to suggest the online statement to me. On a lighter mood, is it allowed for me to start tracking my application today? Haha! Day 1 UKBA release my visa abeg!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 6:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
JideVince: thanks so much Don oms! I was able to active online banking,print the online statement, stamped and signed. My appointment was for 12 noon and I got the statement around 1.44pm, i went anyways. I got there around 2.20pm. Thankfully, i was able to submit my application today! GTBank na wah oh! Which kain wahala be that one self? I was just moving from one branch to another, until i got told it was a bankwide problem.You can print your statement online but cant print it from the bank? None of those constumer care guys was able to suggest the online statement to me. On a lighter mood, is it allowed for me to start tracking my application today? Haha! Day 1 UKBA release my visa abeg!

LoL when is your schook resuming sef? Visa takes 15 working days sha. Although there are rumours that abuja applicants get it earlier
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
abbakacici: when do you summited
I applied this month
Even after you cool cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 7:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
abnot:

LoL when is your school resuming sef? Visa takes 15 working days sha. Although there are rumours that abuja applicants get it earlier
is true most abuja appplicant get it in 10 to 11 days that why the anxiety is killing me because my friends that apply one day before me have all collect theirs on wed and yesterday and my status has not change yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2013
@abbakacici is really killing us here ooohhhh LoL. Shelling things
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2013
abnot:

LoL when is your schook resuming sef? Visa takes 15 working days sha. Although there are rumours that abuja applicants get it earlier
cheesy 4th Oct, last date: 14th Oct,2013.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
JideVince:
cheesy 4th Oct, last date: 14th Oct,2013.

Oh wow. You got exactly 14 working days LoL
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2013
ochukoccna:

@ochukoccna did you apply on sept 4?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ell77(f): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Switching from a Tier 4 or Student category into Tier 2

Here are some notes from you summarised by DegreeAngel UK Ltd:
- Tier 1 (Post Study) work visa closed to new applicants on 5 April 2012.
- However, new provisions are available under Tier 2 for recent graduates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or PhD from a UK recognised or listed body.
- As per the normal Tier 2 requirements, applicants must have a job offer and be paid at least £20,000 (which most graduate roles do) or the minimum appropriate rate set out in the relevant Code of Practice.
- A Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) will not be required and jobs will not be subject to the annual limit on Tier 2 numbers (i.e. CoS will be in the Unrestricted category) - this is an important development in your favour! It means you will not be sidelined for a home graduate! smiley
- Tier 4/student migrants will be able to switch into Tier 2 once they have been awarded their qualification and must switch into Tier 2 before their Tier 4/student visa expires.
- As now, those who wish to switch from Tier 4 to Tier 2 may start work as a student if their Tier 4 leave is still valid and allows them to work but should not be offered a permanent contract until the Tier 2 application is approved.
- Migrants using this route will continue to be able to sponsor dependants. Please note however that dependants of Tier 4/Student migrants who switch to become Tier 2 migrants in their own right will be subject to the annual limit and will require a Restricted CoS to apply for leave.

The Tier 2 route provides leave to remain for three years with the option to extend for a further two years if still employed by a Tier 2 sponsor. This also benefits companies who wish to develop and retain top talent.

https://www.nairaland.com/1444201/uk-visa-switching-tier-4#18255771

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
abnot:
@ochukoccna did you apply on sept 4?
No I did not
Like I said before, Stop stressing yourselves
First recall you indicated on the form your likely travel date
Even if the BHC doesn't issue your visa before then, recall most if not all schools gave 2 week extra [10 working days] after resumption as a deadline for late registration
I believe any serious minded student's application would see a visa issuance before school resumption and a WORST CASE SCENARIO would be late registration
I personally don't subscribe to the late reg theory seeing arriving earlier helps one bed into his/her new surroundings faster
That said, I know CAS issuance especially getting new payments to reflect can be a hassle not forgetting funds release for many of us here along with the 28 day wait
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
abbakacici: is true most abuja appplicant get it in 10 to 11 days that why the anxiety is killing me because my friends that apply one day before me have all collect theirs on wed and yesterday and my status has not change yet
Lagos applicants get replies in 10-11 working days too (the difference from Abuja is usually 1 day to get one's package to Lagos.) As for your wait, anxiety won't get you your package faster so just be hopeful & tidy up all other things. The BHC might still be verifying some of your documents & that's why your status hasn't changed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 8:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
JideVince: thanks so much Don oms! I was able to active online banking,print the online statement, stamped and signed. My appointment was for 12 noon and I got the statement around 1.44pm, i went anyways. I got there around 2.20pm. Thankfully, i was able to submit my application today! GTBank na wah oh! Which kain wahala be that one self? I was just moving from one branch to another, until i got told it was a bankwide problem.You can print your statement online but cant print it from the bank? None of those constumer care guys was able to suggest the online statement to me. On a lighter mood, is it allowed for me to start tracking my application today? Haha! Day 1 UKBA release my visa abeg!
Congrats to you bro. You will get your visa. GTB is very good but let's just consider your experience one of those rare occurrences. On a heavier mood, don't track your application until after 30th Sept. else you get anxious.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by zobalaw: 9:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
abnot:

Congrats man. Was it issued at abuja or sheffield?
sheffield...i am a lady by d way.am not sure of the kinda 'warm' clothes to buy...i rilly suck at packing..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abnot: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2013
zobalaw:
sheffield...i am a lady by d way.am not sure of the kinda 'warm' clothes to buy...i rilly suck at packing..

iT SHOULDN'T BE COLD YET. I SCH IN GLASGOW AND ITS NOT USUALLY COLD BY THIS TIME OF THE YEAR

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (503)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.