Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865128 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
JideVince:
Haha! That one na die oh! You go fear where slap they give Oyinbo man permanent tattoo for face. grin
grin
Its called Blackman power grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
fiscalcliff:

Could be but I share my good news with you all
I'm just leaving Ikeja VFS with my entry clearance in tow
Alleluya
It was valid from 24th but who cares again about any delay shocked shocked though would have loved to be on ground early enough
Thanks for the kind words Don Oms
JideVince, no 2nd refusal for you IJN
Jen1,may your tracking yield profit,Amen
Congratulations Fiscalcliff! Ensure you have a safe trip & a nice time studying. We await JideVince & Jenny's testimonies. Remain Blessed!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
Future don how I fit forget to holler?
Pardon the gaffe grin grin grin
Thanks for your insights on this thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Choi
This thread don evaporate grin grin grin
Na wa O!
What came to my mind was the 10 lepers who came to Christ for well-being and only one returned to give thanks [read, return to help others] embarassed embarassed embarassed

fiscalcliff, Don Oms, azpunpin, awistle una congratulations
I wish the best in your endeavours
I also congrats myself grin shocked shocked grin grin grin
Me sef don get my visa and I o follow una rock for UKtongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Abeg na book we dey go read O! wink wink wink kiss kiss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by stkelly(m): 5:36am On Oct 05, 2013
hey guys, howz it going, on my way to Birmingham, doing the brief stop off at Frankfurt, couldnt resist the urge to take advantage of some unsecured free wifi lol, thanks again guys for all the help, wish you guys, especially jen good luck on your visa....

hey i'll see you guys after my saturday beauty sleep in Coventry!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2013
Lol congrats fiscalcliff, don oms, azpunpin make u na come quickly settle down, dont let dis white ppl chop ur money quick o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 2:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
awistle: Lol congrats fiscalcliff, don oms, azpunpin make u na come quickly settle down, dont let dis white ppl chop ur money quick o
Thanks awistle! I leave for the UK today. By the way, how did you pay your fees? Or shall I say what's the best option to pay fees? I intend to use my Naira Mastercard online but I learned the maximum is an equivalent of 1M naira (£4000) and fees is above that (Maybe I'll pay in 3 days...lol)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
Don Oms:
Thanks awistle! I leave for the UK today. By the way, how did you pay your fees? Or shall I say what's the best option to pay fees? I intend to use my Naira Mastercard online but I learned the maximum is an equivalent of 1M naira (£4000) and fees is above that (Maybe I'll pay in 3 days...lol)
you can paid in 3 installment or transfer the money in 2 installment you can transfer max of 6000 pounds a day
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Don Oms:
yeah it can be paid in installment, or when u get to the skul u can talk to the finance department they will advice u better, i paid mine in full b4 i left naija.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by azpunpin: 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
I dey enter that country for Monday, though I am leaving Naija tomorrow night by Air France, a stop over in Paris then we will head to Manchester directly.

I still dey shout say who dey go Lancaster University oooo abi na only me go be Nairalander for there ni?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 4:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
abbakacici: you can paid in 3 installment or transfer the money in 2 installment you can transfer max of 6000 pounds a day

awistle:
yeah it can be paid in installment, or when u get to the skul u can talk to the finance department they will advice u better, i paid mine in full b4 i left naija.

Okay. Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice. It was what I thought too. Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
@justwise
I am submitting my AR in a couple of days I have two questions for you and need your expertise and suggestions:

1: with the AR should I submit original documents? since my initial application was refused and the reason according to the ECO was that my Bachelor Degree in computer science was fake which isn't true and for some it was my fault too because i didn't have attested my Bachelor degree and transcript from the local official authorities. anyhow I have them attested now.

2. Should I choose to to just email them my AR?

Please reply back soon, this is very urgent because I am running out of time.

Thanks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hanan30: 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Hi all. First I'd like to thank you all and especially @justwise for your great effort and support. I've been reading this forum several weeks and it was a great help for me to get the visa. Actually my situation was a little bit complicated. I'm a postgraduate student got acceptance at University of Surrey and I'm funded from a university here in Jordan. I'm also married and have 3 kids. When I wanted to apply to get the visa I was shocked to know that my husband and children should provide a bank statement for 28 days. So I applied alone, and deposited enough funds for them in the bank. I got my visa and next day the money clocked 28 days. so we printed out a bank statement and applied in the same day. I just wanna make sure of the documents required: I submitted the online application (one for each), their passport, a copy of my passport and visa, birth and marriage certificates and the bank statement. Is that enough? I remember paying online one day before submitting the application to the visa center so what's the date of application in this case? does this type of visa take less time to be processed? Thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by classyjummy: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Pls I neeed BHC number abuja its urgent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2013
Hanan30: Hi all. First I'd like to thank you all and especially @justwise for your great effort and support. I've been reading this forum several weeks and it was a great help for me to get the visa. Actually my situation was a little bit complicated. I'm a postgraduate student got acceptance at University of Surrey and I'm funded from a university here in Jordan. I'm also married and have 3 kids. When I wanted to apply to get the visa I was shocked to know that my husband and children should provide a bank statement for 28 days. So I applied alone, and deposited enough funds for them in the bank. I got my visa and next day the money clocked 28 days. so we printed out a bank statement and applied in the same day. I just wanna make sure of the documents required: I submitted the online application (one for each), their passport, a copy of my passport and visa, birth and marriage certificates and the bank statement. Is that enough? I remember paying online one day before submitting the application to the visa center so what's the date of application in this case? does this type of visa take less time to be processed? Thanks all.

Congratulations for securing your visa.

The list of documents you submitted are good, the date of application is the date you submitted your application to visa center.
I'm not sure about the duration, how long did it take before your visa came out?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2013
classyjummy: Pls I neeed BHC number abuja its urgent

Check the embassy website, their numbers and email address are there, or read few pages back here the number is here as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 11:51am On Oct 07, 2013
classyjummy: Pls I neeed BHC number abuja its urgent
BHC- 094622200. Call between 10am and 12pm from Mon to Thur, and between 9am and 11am on Friday.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hanan30: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
justwise:

Congratulations for securing your visa.

The list of documents you submitted are good, the date of application is the date you submitted your application to visa center.
I'm not sure about the duration, how long did it take before your visa came out?

Thank you @justwise for replying. My visa was issued within 7 working days. I'm just worried because I'm already late to the start date. My school gave me extra time (the end of Oct.) to arrive there. Do they question the source of money in the bank? is it important to provide an evidence of money (the money is in my husband's account). And in the online application I remember they asked my husband about his job and his income and how much he spends on living expenses and on his dependents. Why do they ask such questions? Thanks again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hanan30:

Thank you @justwise for replying. My visa was issued within 7 working days. I'm just worried because I'm already late to the start date. My school gave me extra time (the end of Oct.) to arrive there. Do they question the source of money in the bank? is it important to provide an evidence of money (the money is in my husband's account). And in the online application I remember they asked my husband about his job and his income and how much he spends on living expenses and on his dependents. Why do they ask such questions? Thanks again.

For student visa the source of income does not matter, it matters when you are applying for visiting visa and other types of visas. Since it took that short period to issue you then expect similar period in this one too.

If you want to have a complete rest of mind then your husband can add his source of income...payslip etc, though its not necessary
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hanan30: 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2013
justwise:

For student visa the source of income does not matter, it matters when you are applying for visiting visa and other types of visas. Since it took that short period to issue you then expect similar period in this one too.

If you want to have a complete rest of mind then your husband can add his source of income...payslip etc, though its not necessary

Thank you so much justwise. We already applied so I think we cannot add more documents. I'll wait and pray for the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hello house! I want to apprc8 and thank everyone who has been contributing positively to this thread, especially Justwise and co. I have bn going thru ur posts for more than a month now, and i must confess that these posts and comments have contributed immense to my success story. To God be the glory, i just recieved my Visa this evening thru UPS (togeda wit that of my dependants: wife nd Son). Our status changed on friday to "Processed application sent to UPS on...", and without any text msg frm VFS, up till now. I was initially jittery wen i saw the status msg. This is because sumwia on this thread,some pple tried to compare msgs that come with an approval nd a refusal of Visa applictns. B4 nw i was made to blive dat "processed passports..." has a high likelihood for approval and "processed application..." has a high likelihood for refusal. This is to discredit those notions,especially for intended applicants to avoid any high BP b4 u lay hands on ur passports. I am heading to the Uni of Glasgow. Any NLander there or heading there in the house please...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hanan30:

Thank you so much justwise. We already applied so I think we cannot add more documents. I'll wait and pray for the best.

@Hanan30: Not to worry at all,about from the anxiety which is normal. This is because the documents ur submitted are very ok. What they want to see is that the required amount of money for the four of them is held for 28 days. Hence ur also remembered to submit birth certificates of ur three children and marriage certificates. These documents will show ur relationship with ur dependants. If this was done too,then their visas are sure coming out in a giffee. They stand a better chance because you (the main applicant) hv bn cleared for entry already. We share a similar scenario. I am also a university sponsored, and i made sure there was enof funds in my account to cover for my wife and son, and then we filed in our applications together on the 18th Sept, and we got our passport this evening with the visas stamped since 3rd of oct. So u see, my case was even more dicey than urs since u have had urs already. Just keep ur head up. U will soon share ur testimonies aspa ur depandants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2013
chieftekena: Hello house! I want to apprc8 and thank everyone who has been contributing positively to this thread, especially Justwise and co. I have bn going thru ur posts for more than a month now, and i must confess that these posts and comments have contributed immense to my success story. To God be the glory, i just recieved my Visa this evening thru UPS (togeda wit that of my dependants: wife nd Son). Our status changed on friday to "Processed application sent to UPS on...", and without any text msg frm VFS, up till now. I was initially jittery wen i saw the status msg. This is because sumwia on this thread,some pple tried to compare msgs that come with an approval nd a refusal of Visa applictns. B4 nw i was made to blive dat "processed passports..." has a high likelihood for approval and "processed application..." has a high likelihood for refusal. This is to discredit those notions,especially for intended applicants to avoid any high BP b4 u lay hands on ur passports. I am heading to the Uni of Glasgow. Any NLander there or heading there in the house please...?
Cogratulations on your visa and those of your dependants. As for the "processed Passport/processed Application" issue,we already dismissed the hypothesis and consider it untrue. I bet there are a few N'landers who have posted here in the past or at www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 10:53pm On Oct 07, 2013
Don Oms:
Cogratulations on your visa and those of your dependants. As for the "processed Passport/processed Application" issue,we already dismissed the hypothesis and consider it untrue. I bet there are a few N'landers who have posted here in the past or at www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive

Thanks for ur point of order on d d hypothesis. I must admit i hadn't observed the dismisal. My bad.
Hw do i get a good but cheap flight to Glasgow? Which of d airliners makes more sense? I am already late, but i have a LSD of 30th Oct.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2013
chieftekena:

Thanks for ur point of order on d d hypothesis. I must admit i hadn't observed the dismisal. My bad.
Hw do i get a good but cheap flight to Glasgow? Which of d airliners makes more sense? I am already late, but i have a LSD of 30th Oct.

@chieftekena, congrats on ur visa, when did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:18pm On Oct 07, 2013
chieftekena:

Considering you'll be going with your dependants and you may want to save money as best as possible (not minding duration of flight), Emirates is your best bet in my opinion. Book on their main website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 1:05am On Oct 08, 2013
Jen1:

@chieftekena, congrats on ur visa, when did you apply?

@Jen1: Thanks a bunch. I applied on wednesday 18th of Sept, and got the passports thru UPS on monday 7th Oct (thou visas were issued/stamped on thursday 3rd Oct). My status on the tracking platform changed on friday 4th Oct. Hw about urs? Are u expecting urs or u r in already?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 1:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Don Oms:
Considering you'll be going with your dependants and you may want to save money as best as possible (not minding duration of flight), Emirates is your best bet in my opinion. Book on their main website.

Thanks @ Don Oms for ur promtness. U r really so educating.
I intend going alone first,then they will come ova as soon as i get myself settled in school. Goin by wen their entrance was cleared, will they have problems at POE if they delay a little before they come ova? Note: Their visas r also 4 3 yr like mine. Now since i intend traveling wifout them first, will the emirate still b best 4 me and them too?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 5:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Hello, I am going to uni of glasgow by january, how can I get your contact?
chieftekena: Hello house! I want to apprc8 and thank everyone who has been contributing positively to this thread, especially Justwise and co. I have bn going thru ur posts for more than a month now, and i must confess that these posts and comments have contributed immense to my success story. To God be the glory, i just recieved my Visa this evening thru UPS (togeda wit that of my dependants: wife nd Son). Our status changed on friday to "Processed application sent to UPS on...", and without any text msg frm VFS, up till now. I was initially jittery wen i saw the status msg. This is because sumwia on this thread,some pple tried to compare msgs that come with an approval nd a refusal of Visa applictns. B4 nw i was made to blive dat "processed passports..." has a high likelihood for approval and "processed application..." has a high likelihood for refusal. This is to discredit those notions,especially for intended applicants to avoid any high BP b4 u lay hands on ur passports. I am heading to the Uni of Glasgow. Any NLander there or heading there in the house please...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hanan30: 5:52am On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=chieftekena]

@Hanan30: Not to worry at all,about from the anxiety which is normal. This is because the documents ur submitted are very ok. What they want to see is that the required amount of money for the four of them is held for 28 days. Hence ur also remembered to submit birth certificates of ur three children and marriage certificates. These documents will show ur relationship with ur dependants. If this was done too,then their visas are sure coming out in a giffee. They stand a better chance because you (the main applicant) hv bn cleared for entry already. We share a similar scenario. I am also a university sponsored, and i made sure there was enof funds in my account to cover for my wife and son, and then we filed in our applications together on the 18th Sept, and we got our passport this evening with the visas stamped since 3rd of oct. So u see, my case was even more dicey than urs since u have had urs already. Just keep ur head up. U will soon share ur testimonies aspa ur depandants.[/q

Congratulations on your visas. I wish I get my family's soon. I hate to wait but this is all I can do. ThanK you for sharing your story. I really get relaxed when hearing successful stories.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 6:18am On Oct 08, 2013
@Hannan30: Well, that's d aim... "getting relaxed and remaining focused on ur positive expectations". ...u'll soon b bck like d biblical leaper!! U won't bet dat.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chieftekena: 6:37am On Oct 08, 2013
kennyone: Hello, I am going to uni of glasgow by january, how can I get your contact?

@Kennyone, PM me. We'll tk it frm there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.