Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865143 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jen1:

Yayyy, JideVince. We bless God. I await mine
Thanks,Jenny! I BELIEVE it will end WELL!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 12:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
Deolu_1993: Hey guys,i applied for my student visa on 19th sept and my application status states that my processed passort is on transit to the uk application centre,just wanted to know how long it will take till my passport would be ready for collection..it's been almost 3 weeks mow..thanks
Should be ready by tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 12:39pm On Oct 09, 2013
JideVince:
Should be ready by tomorrow.
Amen, I claim it meyn..and thanks my guy..btw pls I was thinking of which flights will be the best to the uk, klm,airfrance, which do u recommend,pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 1:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Deolu_1993:
Amen, I claim it meyn..and thanks my guy..btw pls I was thinking of which flights will be the best to the uk, klm,airfrance, which do u recommend,pls?
I think KLM is best for direct flights but Emirates is cheaper but longer( Lagos-Dubai-London). Please Don Oms, shed more light on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 1:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jide, any news yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by solomonwis(m): 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2013
JideVince:
I think KLM is best for direct flights but Emirates is cheaper but longer( Lagos-Dubai-London). Please Don Oms, shed more light on this.
KLM doesn't do direct flights to the UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
princessmoi: Jide, any news yet?
oh Princess! How are you doing? My status has changed to "processed visa is in transit to visa operation centre" today. By tomorrow it should be ready for collection. Thanks so much! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2013
solomonwis:
Please tell which airline do and help compare fare if you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
solomonwis:
Please tell which airlines do and help compare fare if you can.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Deolu_1993:
Practically, it depends on your preference. Check the beginning of the previous page for the answer I gave chieftekena I'll also advice you enter your flight details on flight agent sites (e.g. wakanow) to see things like price quotations and duration. When you've made your choice, go directly to the site of the airline for more info then purchase ticket...you'll save a few thousands if you buy ticket directly from airline's website instead of using agent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 4:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
JideVince:
Thanks,Jenny! I BELIEVE it will end WELL!

It has ended well oh. Just got info my visa has been approved and will get to lag by tmao. Want to get to Lagos tmao to check if its there but I paid for courier, I stay in PH, don't want to go on a wild goose chase. What do u think I should do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jen1:

It has ended well oh. Just got info my visa has been approved and will get to lag by tmao. Want to get to Lagos tmao to check if its there but I paid for courier, I stay in PH, don't want to go on a wild goose chase. What do u think I should do?
really? Did you call BHC or what?if your phc address is your correspondence address,It's better you stay as they will send it directly to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by philni055: 6:44pm On Oct 09, 2013
Don Oms:
Amen. Newcastle dey o my brother, I'm just laying low and observing. The cold is still a little friendly though. I
wish you guyz the best.

Welcome to newcastle. Spoken with derby D who is also in newcastle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2013
philni055:
Welcome to newcastle. Spoken with derby D who is also in newcastle.
Thanks a lot bro! I should contact him (DerbyD) too, though he's in Northumbria Uni I believe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by princessmoi: 9:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
JideVince: oh Princess! How are you doing? My status has changed to "processed visa is in transit to visa operation centre" today. By tomorrow it should be ready for collection. Thanks so much! smiley

Tomorrow it is, waiting for the good news o, you will definitely share yours. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
JideVince: really? Did you call BHC or what?if your phc address is your correspondence address,It's better you stay as they will send it directly to you

Will they send it directly from Abuja or to Lagos first? Cause that's my dilemma. If they send it to Lagos first, it might take another day for the UPS people to deliver it to PH, or don't you think so? Can I pm you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jen1:

Will they send it directly from Abuja or to Lagos first? Cause that's my dilemma. If they send it to Lagos first, it might take another day for the UPS people to deliver it to PH, or don't you think so? Can I pm you?
I think they send it directly (from the status "processed application, delivered to ups on..." ). The last time you applied, I guess you received it the day after your status changed? Has your status changed? Sure, you can PM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
princessmoi:

Tomorrow it is, waiting for the good news o, you will definitely share yours. smiley
Amen! Thanks princess smiley . Are you already in the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 10:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
fiscalcliff:
So somebody coming afresh into the UK should not come with warm clothing no matter how little? undecided undecided
A Uk and an Europe with temperature ranges of 9 to 16 degree celsius shocked shocked
All because you are advising the person to come and shop in Primark angry sad angry
No worry guardian9, when hypothermia grab your yansh from airport, you go return to Nigeria to purchase the one you go use wey you go even wear go primark grin grin
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Jen1:

Your package will be sent to Lagos first and then handed to UPS who will then deliver it to you. Here is my advice: Don't go to Lagos (You may miss your package). Keep tracking your package until you see "Passport Collected" or "Passport delivered to UPS."
Once that is done, go to UPS site and start Tracking Phase 2 (My guess is that VFS will give your package to UPS the night it gets to them and UPS will send it to PH @ around dawn [05:00am] and it will get to PH before/by afternoon.)

How far is UPS head office in PHC to your house? You have to be @ UPS head office in PHC the moment your package tracking status changes to "Arrival Scan at PHC." (Depending on the time VFS hands over your package to UPS, it won't take long to get the package to PHC.) Don't wait for them to put it in their vehicle for delivery - I don't trust UPS's service. As far as I'm concerned, it's the "safest, least stressful and quickest" method to get your package considering your situation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
[quote author=Don Oms]

Thanks a bunch, I really didn't feel like entering another plane to Lagos and back to PH. Will do as you have said.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
JideVince:
Please tell which airline do and help compare fare if you can.
BA and Arik are direct flight, while air france,Klm have transit, for return ticket the prices are the same the difference is like 20k naira, for flight leaving next week with one year validity Klm and air france 1,071.62 to 1,200 USD while emirate will coming as 1500 USD while BA is coming as 1,400 USD this is from the website so if you are to use an agent he might charge you a bit more, and if you live outside lagos and you coming by flight to lagos is advicable to use Emirate or KLM/air france because if you miss the flight due to domestic flight delay as we all know nigerian flight are fun of, is easily to change , because air france and KLm operate under the same management so with just 20,000 k you can change from one flight to another while emirate has two or three flight a day so you can still live the same
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 3:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Don Oms:
Oga Fiscalcliff! You're too funny o. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at the bolded words. grin Your sense of humour is topnotch.

Posting on this thread and encouraging others is a way of "giving back," considering what Oga Justwise and others have done for thousands of Nigerians. Thank you bro. By the way, how are you finding the UK? Sunderland, right?
Bro no be like that
How pesin go leave Naija without warm clothing? angry sad
Hoodies, 2 jackets (no be suit own O!) tongue and a duvet I brought along have been of great help
Should top up on them over the weekend
Hopefully, guardian09 gets the message

Sunderland dey O my bro!
Been running into more than a few blacks Nigerians here
Some we greet each other, many others especially the females you bone (actually na dem bone 1stly)
Some might ask,how do you know they are Nigerians?
Don't worry,trust me you will know a Naija when you see one grin grin
Still finding my feet here but should post in the https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive/36 page when I'm more settled
Accommodation is my current challenge but should nail that down by tommorow latest
Public transport for here na die just like the wintry cold winds (though an indigenous classmate who came to school in 12-13°C temperature said yesterday was a sunny day undecided
Oyino dey SMOKE Siga well well though many buildings and spaces are smoke free
The food sef na something else but discovered a Nigerian eatery near the only African food store over here (expectedly its costly though)
You also need to be fast thinking on your two feet
Even if you see someone (oyinbo) ready to answer your questions, understanding hin accent na another thing
Also zip up your wallet with extra strength super glue grin grin
If not, you go dey apply for student loan from Nigerian embassy, your school and tight fisted oyinbos shocked shocked with time cos its so easy to spend here, so so easy to act as a BIG BOI
So many shimmering gadgets,devices, shoes, clothes etc
Thus plan your spending

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2013
JideVince:
Solowis is right
Only Arik,BA AND Virgin do direct flights to the UK
Air France and KLM (Alitalia ,Iberia and Maroc Air) which first stop over in their countries before heading to the UK are also fair options
Emirates,Qatar Airways and African carriers are a no no cos of distance for the first 2 and cost for the last
Wakanow helps you compare prices , depature and flight times ; so use it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:45am On Oct 10, 2013
abbakacici: BA and Arik are direct flight, while air france,Klm have transit, for return ticket the prices are the same the difference is like 20k naira, for flight leaving next week with one year validity Klm and air france 1,071.62 to 1,200 USD while emirate will coming as 1500 USD while BA is coming as 1,400 USD this is from the website so if you are to use an agent he might charge you a bit more, and if you live outside lagos and you coming by flight to lagos is advicable to use Emirate or KLM/air france because if you miss the flight due to domestic flight delay as we all know nigerian flight are fun of, is easily to change , because air france and KLm operate under the same management so with just 20,000 k you can change from one flight to another while emirate has two or three flight a day so you can still live the same
Thanks a bunch!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:46am On Oct 10, 2013
fiscalcliff:
Solowis is right
Only Arik,BA AND Virgin do direct flights to the UK
Air France and KLM (Alitalia ,Iberia and Maroc Air) which first stop over in their countries before heading to the UK are also fair options
Emirates,Qatar Airways and African carriers are a no no cos of distance for the first 2 and cost for the last
Wakanow helps you compare prices , depature and flight times ; so use it.
Thanks Fiscal cliff!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 4:58am On Oct 10, 2013
can I book a one-way ticket?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 5:06am On Oct 10, 2013
undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 6:40am On Oct 10, 2013
JideVince: can I book a one-way ticket?
Yes you can bro.... Congratulations in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 7:02am On Oct 10, 2013
fiscalcliff:
Bro no be like that
How pesin go leave Naija without warm clothing? angry sad
Hoodies, 2 jackets (no be suit own O!) tongue and a duvet I brought along have been of great help
Should top up on them over the weekend
Hopefully, guardian09 gets the message

Sunderland dey O my bro!
Been running into more than a few blacks Nigerians here
Some we greet each other, many others especially the females you bone (actually na dem bone 1stly)
Some might ask,how do you know they are Nigerians?
Don't worry,trust me you will know a Naija when you see one grin grin
Still finding my feet here but should post in the https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive/36 page when I'm more settled
Accommodation is my current challenge but should nail that down by tommorow latest
Public transport for here na die just like the wintry cold winds (though an indigenous classmate who came to school in 12-13°C temperature said yesterday was a sunny day undecided
Oyino dey SMOKE Siga well well though many buildings and spaces are smoke free
The food sef na something else but discovered a Nigerian eatery near the only African food store over here (expectedly its costly though)
You also need to be fast thinking on your two feet
Even if you see someone (oyinbo) ready to answer your questions, understanding hin accent na another thing
Also zip up your wallet with extra strength super glue grin grin
If not, you go dey apply for student loan from Nigerian embassy, your school and tight fisted oyinbos shocked shocked with time cos its so easy to spend here, so so easy to act as a BIG BOI
So many shimmering gadgets,devices, shoes, clothes etc
Thus plan your spending

@fiscalcliff, very true what you've noted. About the warm clothes, I strongly advise, get something from Nigeria to hold body b4 visiting primark or wherever it is. Also for the food, Mehn....that one Na war, 'twas more of a testimony and jubilation when I prepared Egusi soup on Sunday. Even my neighbours came to savour the delicacy. I don chop Tesco and Waitrose food tire b4 the Egusi inspiration came in. Dunno why some Naija peeps want to me more English than the English here, with their confused accents and fake fronting.

I would like to take an exception to a comment by someone on this thread that compared some previous active posters on this thread to the proverbial 10 Lepers, when you're overwhelmed with work and knowing the vast difference btw the Uk and Naija educational system, you'll have no option but to devote everything to ur studies. It's only when you've been able to adapt reasonably well ( that's after a few weeks)that you can attend to other issues. I believe most peeps still follow this thread even if they don't drop a line. That said, I still got madt love for this thread and everyone here.

Adapting quite well here, massive difference! Just 8 of us in my class, got at least 2 presentations every week coupled with assignments. Truancy no possible at all...your lecturer get ur fone number, unlike in Naija, I didn't even know my course mates finish, Na lecturer I wan know?

I concur with fiscalclif on tightening ur purse with super glue, no pady for jungle o!

Jidevince and Jen...waiting to see you guys in Uk by Weekend...welcome smiley

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 7:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Don Oms, is the UPS Tracking code same as the one for the vfs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:27am On Oct 10, 2013
adamsjosef: Yes you can bro.... Congratulations in advance.
Alrightie, thanks Adams! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: fhidas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.