Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (865065 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:19am On Oct 12, 2013
Jen1:

Evening guys. I just got my visa this evening. I bless God and God bless you guys for all the help and encouragement. JideVince, DonOms(for not allowing me to trudge to Lagos out of anxiety), justwise, ur consistency is amazing.
Now, that's what I call Multiple Good News! Congrats Jenny! Do have a safe trip and a lovely time studying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HotKween: 12:20am On Oct 12, 2013
Hello house, I was granted conditional admission by both Robert Gordon University and University Of Salford Manchester. The tuition fee for RGU is £10,000 and I am meant to pay deposit of £4,000 before an unconditional offer is given.
However, I was offered £4,000 scholarship by University of Salford which was deducted from the supposed £11,770 tuition fee. This is a very good offer financial wise but I seem to have doubt about the status of University of Salford as I couldn't find their name on the list of registered sponsors for tier 4 visa.
Please I need informed advice on how to proceed as I wish to proceed with either of the two admissions currently offered me.
Is University of Salford Manchester an approved tier 4 sponsor?
I have searched this forum and noticed that last year someone actually got a visa to study there but nothing has been said about them this year.
I will appreciate an informed response from those who can offer reasonable advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 12:33am On Oct 12, 2013
justwise:

Congratulations, you did not give you after the first refusal just like JideVince and it pays up at the end. All the very best.

Thanks justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 2:43am On Oct 12, 2013
HotKween: Hello house, I was granted conditional admission by both Robert Gordon University and University Of Salford Manchester. The tuition fee for RGU is £10,000 and I am meant to pay deposit of £4,000 before an unconditional offer is given.
However, I was offered £4,000 scholarship by University of Salford which was deducted from the supposed £11,770 tuition fee. This is a very good offer financial wise but I seem to have doubt about the status of University of Salford as I couldn't find their name on the list of registered sponsors for tier 4 visa.
Please I need informed advice on how to proceed as I wish to proceed with either of the two admissions currently offered me.
I have searched this forum and noticed that last year someone actually got a visa to study there but nothing has been said about them this year.
I will appreciate an informed response from those who can offer reasonable advice.
yes salford Manchester is a very good university is rank among top 80 university in then uk thus maybe among top 600 in the world , and even university like east London and London metropolitan the lowest rank university in uk are tier 4 sponsor so don't worry about that , the only down side about is if you young guy aged 20 to 25 doing your masters in engineering and you want to hang out with other races or your class mate you might find it a bit difficult because I have cousin you finish this year told in their class about of 100 , 30 are nigeria and almost 22 are more then 40 and my nephew class is almost the same composition and engineering course time table cover 5 days a week so in the first few weeks your only friends will your course , thus will might be e boring to you because you may be a guy age. 22 are in group of 40 something's they are talking their wives and kids and may be you don't have a girlfriend that last more then 3 months, and it does make any sense for you to join other group with other races for example the lecture ask you to be in a group of 5 student there are 20 Nigerians in the class 15 are already in 3 groups while 4 are waiting for to join and be complete for you to join a group with 2 Chinese 1 Indian and Malaysian
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 8:06am On Oct 12, 2013
Jen1:

Evening guys. I just got my visa this evening. I bless God and God bless you guys for all the help and encouragement. JideVince, DonOms(for not allowing me to trudge to Lagos out of anxiety), justwise, ur consistency is amazing.

Congrats Jide and Jen....una welcome. Lemme know where the party at, we ought to do some tea time in UK abi?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HotKween: 8:20am On Oct 12, 2013
HotKween: Hello house, I was granted conditional admission by both Robert Gordon University and University Of Salford Manchester. The tuition fee for RGU is £10,000 and I am meant to pay deposit of £4,000 before an unconditional offer is given.
Please more response is needed on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HotKween: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2013
abbakacici: yes salford Manchester is a very good university is rank among top 80 university in then uk thus maybe among top 600 in the world , and even university like east London and London metropolitan the lowest rank university in uk are tier 4 sponsor so don't worry about that , the only down side about is if you young guy aged 20 to 25 doing your masters in engineering and you want to hang out with other races or your class mate you might find it a bit difficult because I have cousin you finish this year told in their class about of 100 , 30 are nigeria and almost 22 are more then 40 and my nephew class is almost the same composition and engineering course time table cover 5 days a week so in the first few weeks your only friends will your course , thus will might be e boring to you because you may be a guy age. 22 are in group of 40 something's they are talking their wives and kids and may be you don't have a girlfriend that last more then 3 months, and it does make any sense for you to join other group with other races for example the lecture ask you to be in a group of 5 student there are 20 Nigerians in the class 15 are already in 3 groups while 4 are waiting for to join and be complete for you to join a group with 2 Chinese 1 Indian and Malaysian
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 10:12am On Oct 12, 2013
adamsjosef:

Congrats Jide and Jen....una welcome. Lemme know where the party at, we ought to do some tea time in UK abi?
Lol Thanks Adams!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 2:01pm On Oct 12, 2013
abbakacici: yes salford Manchester is a very good university is rank among top 80 university in then uk thus maybe among top 600 in the world , and even university like east London and London metropolitan the lowest rank university in uk are tier 4 sponsor so don't worry about that , the only down side about is if you young guy aged 20 to 25 doing your masters in engineering and you want to hang out with other races or your class mate you might find it a bit difficult because I have cousin you finish this year told in their class about of 100 , 30 are nigeria and almost 22 are more then 40 and my nephew class is almost the same composition and engineering course time table cover 5 days a week so in the first few weeks your only friends will your course , thus will might be e boring to you because you may be a guy age. 22 are in group of 40 something's they are talking their wives and kids and may be you don't have a girlfriend that last more then 3 months, and it does make any sense for you to join other group with other races for example the lecture ask you to be in a group of 5 student there are 20 Nigerians in the class 15 are already in 3 groups while 4 are waiting for to join and be complete for you to join a group with 2 Chinese 1 Indian and Malaysian
University of salford is an approved tier 4 sponsor and quite a good uni, am actually leaving for salford this month. What course do u intend studying?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by abbakacici: 3:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
mayo47:
University of salford is an approved tier 4 sponsor and quite a good uni, am actually leaving for salford this month. What course do u intend studying?
am at hertfordshire, is my nephew that is in that uni, he is doing petri eng
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:52am On Oct 13, 2013
@ JideVince and Jen1,congrats on your visas
May your studies be bountiful in this kontri abi na island tongue

@ adamsjosef,I was the chap who spoke and used the analogy of only one leper coming back to Christ to give thanks. I'm happy to see a poster as eminent as Justwise pointing out I wasn't far from the truth.
Yes it is true we are all busy here with our studies in the UK yet to shun this brook to dry up just because you've drank your fill (asked questions and recieved answers) is outright selfish and self serving (one thing Nigerians excel at).
Before I left Nigeria,I found out Justwise who for all intents and purposes is the principal rock of this thread has been aiding intending Tier 4 students since early 2011.
He could have been helping earlier than that (I know not seeing I was searching for stuff on BCIE and not on his person per se) yet he's sacrificing time, resources etc and he's not paid.
I know he might come across as overbearing at times but do you know how much we'd be paying to educational agencies if not for him! undecided undecided
Yet you see we (many) who he has helped start to form levels ,speak through our nose and shun others once we board LHR bound flights on our economy tickets. angry embarassed
Economy O!, no be even biz or first class shocked shocked
Abeg ,yeye dey smell cool

@ abbakacici,hope you dey regulate with the cold weather better now shocked shocked
Just to tip you before hand,that by the time winter start, your sweater go become your T-shirt. grin grin
Na so I hear tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
ochukoccna: @ JideVince and Jen1,congrats on your visas
May your studies be bountiful in this kontri abi na island tongue

@ adamsjosef,I was the chap who spoke and used the analogy of only one leper coming back to Christ to give thanks. I'm happy to see a poster as eminent as Justwise pointing out I wasn't far from the truth.
Yes it is true we are all busy here with our studies in the UK yet to shun this brook to dry up just because you've drank your fill (asked questions and recieved answers) is outright selfish and self serving (one thing Nigerians excel at).
Before I left Nigeria,I found out Justwise who for all intents and purposes is the principal rock of this thread has been aiding intending Tier 4 students since early 2011.
He could have been helping earlier than that (I know not seeing I was searching for stuff on BCIE and not on his person per se) yet he's sacrificing time, resources etc and he's not paid.
I know he might come across as overbearing at times but do you know how much we'd be paying to educational agencies if not for him! undecided undecided
Yet you see we (many) who he has helped start to form levels ,speak through our nose and shun others once we board LHR bound flights on our economy tickets. angry embarassed
Economy O!, no be even biz or first class shocked shocked
Abeg ,yeye dey smell cool

@ abbakacici,hope you dey regulate with the cold weather better now shocked shocked
Just to tip you before hand,that by the time winter start, your sweater go become your T-shirt. grin grin
Na so I hear tongue

Yes that is true, i will not deny that but i do that towards specific type of individuals here in nairaland, not everybody.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thanks Adamsjosef and ochuko. Will be leaving tonite
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Please Nairalanders, we need ur help. My cousin is starting her course by jan in the uk and she is already pregnant.
Will the pregnancy affect her visa or studies?
Or is it best for her to defer her admission? Can she cope in the uk with pregnancy as a postgraduate student?
She has paid her full tuition fee and she's got more than enough for her living expenses. She is uber worried, she really wants to start january. Pls advice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Jen1: Thanks Adamsjosef and ochuko. Will be leaving tonite
Congrats to you Jen1 baby and also JideVince
I wish you many days of drinking Costa coffee and eating Gregg's sandwiches tongue tongue

danny4sure: Please Nairalanders, we need ur help. My cousin is starting her course by jan in the uk and she is already pregnant.
Or is it best for her to defer her admission? Can she cope in the uk with pregnancy as a postgraduate student?
She has paid her full tuition fee and she's got more than enough for her living expenses. She is uber worried, she really wants to start january. Pls advice
I believe Justwise has answered you in the other thread
Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mayo47(m): 5:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
danny4sure: Please Nairalanders, we need ur help. My cousin is starting her course by jan in the uk and she is already pregnant.
I dont think She would have any problem getting a visa but might have issues at the point of entry. Dont think she cope as a postgraduate student. I'll advise she defer the admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
Like Mayo47 said, the least of her problems are visa and POE issues which won't even raise questions if her tummy isn't big yet. one thing I think she should be worried about is how she will cope with her studies (especially if she hasn't studied in the UK before - things are done differently here and it is not easy to adapt let alone with pregnancy). So, if she can defer for one year and come in later with her child, it may be a better option. But in all, let Oga Justwise tell you what he thinks too as he knows more about the matter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Jen1: Thanks Adamsjosef and ochuko. Will be leaving tonite
Have a safe trip Jen1. I hope you have bought the winter jackets you'll wear to primark o...lol. When is JideVince leaving? I hope he leaves this weekend too so he can quickly get settled for school. All the best, guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Oms:
Have a safe trip Jen1. I hope you have bought the winter jackets you'll wear to primark o...lol. When is JideVince leaving? I hope he leaves this weekend too so he can quickly get settled for school. All the best, guys.

Chei,una won turn me to terror....see my 'winter jacket wey U go wear go Primark' line dey make headlines shocked grin cheesy
Don Oms, na wa O!
Getting used to the weather small small
Today was warm even at 9-12°C tongue tongue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
University of salford is an approved tier 4 sponsor and its a very good uni in a good city Manchester and for the few weeks have been here it has been good only the cold has been the problem , there are loads of naija here so u will be settled quickly and Lecturers here are ready to help u, its ur choice tho.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
fiscalcliff:

Chei,una won turn me to terror....see my 'winter jacket wey U go wear go Primark' line dey make headlines shocked grin cheesy
Don Oms, na wa O!
Winter jackets go soon finish for Primark o, Lol warm, u are lucky over there, Manchy is always very cold.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
fiscalcliff:

Don Oms, na wa O!
That your line dey make me laugh anytime I remember it. In fact the line dey chase away my cold sef... And that other one you said, "na cold go chop you yansh from airport to primark." grin cheesy grin or so. I'm laughing as I type this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by fiscalcliff: 12:35am On Oct 14, 2013
awistle:
Winter jackets go soon finish for Primark o, Lol warm, u are lucky over there, Manchy is always very cold.
Nah,the UK is very cold especially the North where we both are even if you dey West and I dey for East
Its quite cold here too only that today was far warmer compared to Thursday which was the coldest day I have experienced here so far

Don Oms:
That your line dey make me laugh anytime I remember it. In fact the line dey chase away my cold sef... And that other one you said, "na cold go chop you yansh from airport to primark." grin cheesy grin or so. I'm laughing as I type this.
I'm honored to help bring laughter to you and other nairalanders grin grin
It is a honor wink cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 6:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Don Oms:
don! I'm in front of Terminal4 at heathrow right now waiting for a bus to Milton keynes. I got here around 19:20hrs last night but stayed over cos the next available bus was for 23:45 tOo late! Jen1 should still be air-bourne. The cold, though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 7:03am On Oct 14, 2013
JideVince: don! I'm in front of Terminal4 at heathrow right now waiting for a bus to Milton keynes. I got here around 19:20hrs last night but stayed over cos the next available bus was for 23:45 tOo late! Jen1 should still be air-bourne. The cold, though.
Jide, welcome...where are u heading to? Milton Keynes no far from my school. Once again welcome and have a fulfilling time in UK.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:12am On Oct 14, 2013
JideVince: don! I'm in front of Terminal4 at heathrow right now waiting for a bus to Milton keynes. I got here around 19:20hrs last night but stayed over cos the next available bus was for 23:45 tOo late! Jen1 should still be air-bourne. The cold, though.
That's great! All the best bro and I wish you a great time settling down and studying on this cold island.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Please you guys should help us
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
danny4sure: Please you guys should help us
What help do you expect??
Your Cuz can not expect to study at UK university to complete course and birth bapy and look after it!!!
She is having baby, she has made her choise! Now she must live with it, baby comes first.
She must give up school and stay home as housewife.
Anyway husband / father should make this decision. She must obey him.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
adamsjosef:
Jide, welcome...where are u heading to? Milton Keynes no far from my school. Once again welcome and have a fulfilling time in UK.

Thanks Adam,
Everything is still shapeless to me, I'm trying. To cope. Resuming late (last day of enrolment) has made it a lot harder. No accommodation yet, immediately after registration today I was taken to the classroom. Lectures 12-5pm. The lecturer told I was there but I was in a ghost mode...lol.. Cranfield University, it is. Where are you at?

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (503)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.