Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866967 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don Oms:
That's great! All the best bro and I wish you a great time settling down and studying on this cold island.
Thanks Don! Wish you the best too. Think its kinda of warmer here than London. Yesternight was hell at heathrow. 2 winter jackets + duvet didn't stop from shivering cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
JideVince:
Thanks Don! Wish you the best too. Think its kinda of warmer here than London. Yesternight was hell at heathrow. 2 winter jackets + duvet didn't stop from shivering cheesy
lol. London's in the south and I don't even think it's as cold as the North but cold is cold. God help us all. Take care and settle in on time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 10:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
JideVince:
Thanks Adam,
Everything is still shapeless to me, I'm trying. To cope. Resuming late (last day of enrolment) has made it a lot harder. No accommodation yet, immediately after registration today I was taken to the classroom. Lectures 12-5pm. The lecturer told I was there but I was in a ghost mode...lol.. Cranfield University, it is. Where are you at?

Buckingham...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 15, 2013
danny4sure: Please Nairalanders, we need ur help. My cousin is starting her course by jan in the uk and she is already pregnant.
Will the pregnancy affect her visa or studies?
Or is it best for her to defer her admission? Can she cope in the uk with pregnancy as a postgraduate student?
She has paid her full tuition fee and she's got more than enough for her living expenses. She is uber worried, she really wants to start january. Pls advice
Pls advice your cousin to defer till after the baby comes. Postgrad studies in the uk is stressful on its own, now add pregnancy to it, its not advisable at all. I got pregnant in the middle of my program, my saving grace was that I was already done with lectures at that time. In spite of that I still saw hell in completing my remaining courseworks and dissertation. Truth is I was unable to put in my best because I was always sick. My advise would be to defer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hi
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2013
royalsweetness: I bear the same surname as my uncle, and he is my sponsor for my UK student visa. Can I just state him as my father instead of going through the stress of proving he's my legal guardian. Please I need a reply before tomorrow. Thank you
Your father's name is on your Birth certificate, mind you...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
presiade:
Your father's name is on your Birth certificate, mind you...
Ok
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
royalsweetness:
I actually do not have a birth certificate.
You need it for your application!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
presiade:
You need it for your application!

Btw, would they take baptismal certificates or affidavits. Thanks for replying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 5:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
That's for you to decide if you want him to be your father, but it going to be serious when and if UKBA discovers even it's 10 years from now...
I think they accept only birth certificate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 5:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
presiade: That's for you to decide if you want him to be your father, but it going to be serious when and if UKBA discovers even it's 10 years from now...
I think they accept only birth certificate

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
royalsweetness:

Ok, all I can read beneath your lines are 'don't do anything illegal'. So what's my legal option, how do I prove my uncle is my legal guardian. Thanks.
Ask him to transfer the fund into your personal account

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2013
royalsweetness:

Ok, all I can read beneath your lines are 'don't do anything illegal'. So what's my legal option, how do I prove my uncle is my legal guardian. Thanks.

Just open a bank account in your name if you don't have one and ask him to transfer the money there, its a lot better with less documentation than the option of proving someone is your legal guardian.
Besides if the money is yours is there any need keeping it in his account ?Not unless you re under 18 years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2013
royalsweetness: I bear the same surname as my uncle, and he is my sponsor for my UK student visa. Can I just state him as my father instead of going through the stress of proving he's my legal guardian. Please I need a reply before tomorrow. Thank you

presiade:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2013
presiade:

Ok thanks a lot. I've thought of this, and it means I'd be applying past mid-november, for my January admissions. Hope this timing is ok.

Thanks justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Deolu1993: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hey guys do you know any good schools int the Uk that do January intake for engineering courses?this is because a friend got refused visa and would like to start in January not September. He has got good qualifications just that he was refused entry clearance.any advice about uk schools or perhaps other viable alternatives would be appreciated.thanks nlanders
(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
royalsweetness:

Ok thanks a lot. I've thought of this, and it means I'd be applying past mid-november, for my January admissions. Hope this timing is ok.

Thanks justwise
You can apply from 3 months to your course start date
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 6:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
presiade:
You can apply from 3 months to your course start date

Can I apply two weeks to my course start date? grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2013
royalsweetness:

yes, if u want to experience some high blood pressure tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hi guys, Jen1 reporting live from Birmingham. Arrived school by 9.40 Monday morning completed my registration. Was so cold, even with the cardigan I had on. Had to get to the city center for warm clothes and shoes. Just trying to get adjusted to this method of studying. Thank you guys for all the help and encouragement.
@Jidevince, how far?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2013
royalsweetness:

Yes you can; but, it's advisable that you apply in time (early) to avoid disappointment and undue stress that come during rush hours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:59am On Oct 17, 2013
Jen1: Hi guys, Jen1 reporting live from Birmingham. Arrived school by 9.40 Monday morning completed my registration. Was so cold, even with the cardigan I had on. Had to get to the city center for warm clothes and shoes. Just trying to get adjusted to this method of studying. Thank you guys for all the help and encouragement.
@Jidevince, how far?
Hey Jen1! Look at you! I have reported here on NL since Monday morning cheesy. Registration took me like 30mins thereabouts, then straight to the lecture room. How are you finding the new system? I bet you don't even wanna compare it with what we are used to eh? Take care.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by classyjummy: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2013
Please I need help,
I submitted my application on the 30th of sept andmy deadline was for 14th I asked for further extension till 21st is there anything I can do I have called them and still the same answer on the queue I had friends that we submitted together and their own r bin processed already
Any advice on what to do asides to defer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2013
classyjummy: Please I need help,
I submitted my application on the 30th of sept and my deadline was for 14th I asked for further extension till 21st is there anything I can do I have called them and still the same answer on the queue I had friends that we submitted together and their own r bin processed already
Any advice on what to do asides to defer
What were you told when you called the BHC?
Your application was made on a rather tight time line knowing it takes minimum of 15 working days [could be less or more]
Personally, my application took 18-19 days to get back my passport though visa had been issued around 10 days
Typically, most schools give 2 weeks extension.........what were you told when you requested for 3 weeks? undecided undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by classyjummy: 12:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
The sch resumed on 23rd asides the normal extension I had two weeks extension I have called them still saying my application is on the Queue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 12:39pm On Oct 17, 2013
classyjummy: The sch resumed on 23rd asides the normal extension I had two weeks extension I have called them still saying my application is on the Queue
Hope this [two extra weeks extension] was stated in official correspondence between you and them e.g an email
Also that you included it in your application?
Cos such would help out. cool cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Greenny: 5:02pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hello house please i need your help.
I am about to apply for my uk study visa(jan 2014) and my passport will expire april 2014,do i need to renew my passport or will they give me visa beyond the validity of my passport?
Is passport number written on CAS?
Lastly, the middle name on my birth certificate is different from the one on my international passport. The middle name on my international passport is the same as all my credentials.
I beg wetin make i do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Jen1(f): 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2013
JideVince:
Hey Jen1! Look at you! I have reported here on NL since Monday morning cheesy. Registration took me like 30mins thereabouts, then straight to the lecture room. How are you finding the new system? I bet you don't even wanna compare it with what we are used to eh? Take care.

I only had the a partial experience at Law school in Nig. Registration didn't take much time either, just that I had to wait for close to 1hr cos there were people also registering the same day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Jen1:

I only had the a partial experience at Law school in Nig. Registration didn't take much time either, just that I had to wait for close to 1hr cos there were people also registering the same day.
Aight! Good for you. Enjoy!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by JideVince(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Greenny: Hello house please i need your help.
I am about to apply for my uk study visa(jan 2014) and my passport will expire april 2014,do i need to renew my passport or will they give me visa beyond the validity of my passport?
Lastly, the middle name on my birth certificate is different from the one on my international passport. The middle name on my international passport is the same as all my credentials.
I beg wetin make i do?

Think you should renew your passport. Yes, the passport number is written on the CAS. You wouldn't need your birth certificate if you are using a personal account, so it wouldn't be a problem smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Greenny: Hello house please i need your help.
I beg wetin make i do?
To support what JideVince told you; 1)The Passport renewal thing is entirely up to you. They CAN give you visa that will last beyond the validity of your visa (People have had that in the past) so you'll renew the passport it in the UK before it expires. The FG doesn't renew passports that still have over 1 month before expiry unless they cancel your current passport and issue a new one, I would have advised renewal. But it all depends on the time you have in your hands.
2) As for the middle name issue, are you using your parent(s) bank account details? If yes, that's when you need to submit Birth Certificate. If no, then don't bother submitting it. If you have a need to submit it, then you need to prove to the UKBA that it is an error and let them know which is correct (which should be the one on your passport anyway). If I were you, I'll just have the money in my account and avoid telling the UKBA stories about the name on your Birth Certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 12:22am On Oct 18, 2013
You all have been a good source of help and giving loads of folks great platform to share their views and experiences. One major question that I haven't seen asked or answered is the age of an applicant or prolly I didnt come across is; is there any maximum age limit an applicant may attain that could cause a visa denial especially for bachelors program. Please do advise from past experiences and applications.

Itstyme

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.