Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866920 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2013
Hi Guys,

Please I have some questions, I am planning on applying for my visa in two weeks, I am just about to pay my fees, please what is the best method of paying my fees? My bank (First bank), said that they would charge me 1 percent of the entire money, which is just absurd. and my other question is the issue of the maintenance money, you guys said it has to be in my account for 28 days, ive had the money in my account for a while now, way longer than 28 days, its my savings account. Can I still apply with it?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 11:08am On Oct 31, 2013
sashacoleman: Hi Guys,

Please I have some questions, I am planning on applying for my visa in two weeks, I am just about to pay my fees, please what is the best method of paying my fees? My bank (First bank), said that they would charge me 1 percent of the entire money, which is just absurd. and my other question is the issue of the maintenance money, you guys said it has to be in my account for 28 days, ive had the money in my account for a while now, way longer than 28 days, its my savings account. Can I still apply with it?

Thank you.
I did a money transfer to make payment for my fees, that was the means of payment I was comfortable with, though it was with GTB and yes you can make use of your savings account statement just make sure the end date isn't older than a month to the date you are applying for the visa and that the amount in it has been there for 28days. Also the amount has to be @least or more than what you need to show as maintenance money and any amount left as school fees
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2013
Thank you so much
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 5:39am On Nov 02, 2013
miz Gene:

I believe u can use ur sis' address, but u must still make sure u have the amount needed for your upkeep in ur account. you dont have to book ur flight before applying, just put any convenient date there..

Thank you for your advise .I appreciate alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 5:41am On Nov 02, 2013
mayo47:

You can put your sister address, i did it during my application and still got my visa. I think they want to be sure you have a place to yourself upon arriving the UK as you can still move away and get yourself some other accommodation. As per booking of flight its not necessary my dear, applied twice to the UKBA without doing that and was granted visa (second was last month).

God bless your for your quick response. I have done that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mjan: 5:48am On Nov 02, 2013
Good day all,
Please I have been thinking of what to do with my remaining school fees in my account and maintenance fee. Do I have to open a domicile account though I prefer changing it in my bank (GTB) and taking it cash as am travelling since I intend paying the remaining part of my school fees immediately I get there to earn myself some percentage of the school fees which is 100k+. Please those with previous experience should kindly advise me on the best thing to do. Thank you.

=
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 9:02am On Nov 02, 2013
mjan: Good day all,
Please I have been thinking of what to do with my remaining school fees in my account and maintenance fee. Do I have to open a domicile account though I prefer changing it in my bank (GTB) and taking it cash as am travelling since I intend paying the remaining part of my school fees immediately I get there to earn myself some percentage of the school fees which is 100k+. Please those with previous experience should kindly advise me on the best thing to do. Thank you.

I think the best thing to do is to go with ur card. Carrying cash has it's disadvantages though. Other than the charges, i still believe doing a transfer is better.

=
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2013
sashacoleman: Hi Guys,

Thank you.

Ok before u consider wat am about to tell u, pls look at my other post.

Am based in manchester, I do money transfer to and from uk,

I cud help u pay the pounds to the school while u give me the Naira. No commission paid.

Think about it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 1:32am On Nov 03, 2013
Mr just wise pls dis is not a wise decision o, how can u close my thread and ask me to come here ? It's 12.36am and am still reading without gaining much.

Why can't u let pple come to my thread and answer my specific concerns? Must we all come to urs?

D think don long reach naaaa

Please open my thread, am a busy mum and can't go thru these, the info is for my niece.

I don't want to get discouraged before I even start the process.

Pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:54am On Nov 03, 2013
bebe2: Mr just wise pls dis is not a wise decision o, how can u close my thread and ask me to come here ? It's 12.36am and am still reading without gaining much.

Why can't u let pple come to my thread and answer my specific concerns? Must we all come to urs?

D think don long reach naaaa

Please open my thread, am a busy mum and can't go thru these, the info is for my niece.

I don't want to get discouraged before I even start the process.

Pls help

Post the question here for people to give their views, its not good to have threads all over the places while we can have it in one place for easy access.

Why not ask your niece to come and do the research and learn the process? This thread has all the info you need hence the reason why i directed you here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 2:21am On Nov 03, 2013
justwise:

Post the question here for people to give their views, its not good to have threads all over the places while we can have it in one place for easy access.

Why not ask your niece to come and do the research and learn the process? This thread has all the info you need hence the reason why i directed you here

Ok, I understand.

As for my niece, don't think the girl can even accesses a website, how can she? Dem no get for house, na public school she goo dem no get there.

I just want want some one that can guide me thru the process of getting her a student visa in the uk, as I have no clue wen it come to these matters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 5:03am On Nov 03, 2013
bebe2:

Ok, I understand.

As for my niece, don't think the girl can even accesses a website, how can she? Dem no get for house, na public school she goo dem no get there.

I just want want some one that can guide me thru the process of getting her a student visa in the uk, as I have no clue wen it come to these matters.

First of all bebe2, if your niece 'really' can't access a website, that's 'gobe' cos almost all her research will require surfing the web. That said, it depends on the school she intends to apply to. Let her pay the initial deposit, get an unconditional offer letter, provide evidence of funds in a bank account ( preferably hers) for a period of 28days, and finally pray.

Also, if you go through this thread, you'll find useful info on how to get the visa...It's been a wonderful experience thus far here at the Uni of Buckingham. See if they offer a course she's willing to study and then apply. Best of luck.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:04am On Nov 03, 2013
mjan: Good day all,
=
adamasjosef has advised you rightly
adamsjosef:
I think the best thing to do is to go with ur card. Carrying cash has it's disadvantages though. Other than the charges, i still believe doing a transfer is better. =
I came in with £1500 and 2 different Nigerian bank cards [Mastercard and Visa so that if one fumbles, the other should work] and both work well here
Only that I withdraw the max amount to minimize bank charges [around £550-560 = 150k daily limit based on current exchange rate now] and deposit in my account here
Also I don't withdraw on the VERY day I need it because Nigerian network wahala might mess you up grin grin grin grin
That apart, if you can pay up ALL your tuition before applying helps cos it indicates to the visa officials you are really serious about coming to study
Also do know that carrying above $10,000 raises money laundering red flags over you, cards are mostly what this white folks use unlike we Naija peeps
Have you also thought of what will happen if that money gets stolen or missing while you are still sorting out accommodation without which you will not be able to open an account over here? undecided undecided
Wish you the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2013
adamsjosef:

First of all bebe2, if your niece 'really' can't access a website, that's 'gobe' cos almost all her research will require surfing the web. That said, it depends on the school she intends to apply to. Let her pay the initial deposit, get an unconditional offer letter, provide evidence of funds in a bank account ( preferably hers) for a period of 28days, and finally pray.

Also, if you go through this thread, you'll find useful info on how to get the visa...It's been a wonderful experience thus far here at the Uni of Buckingham. See if they offer a course she's willing to study and then apply. Best of luck.

tnk bro

is it only only uni dat she can go? how about colleges?

am saying dat becos of fees, they seem very expensive.

i went t0 manchester metroplitan and it was free for me grin

wud they accept just NECO results, dats all she has got.

as for ''gobe'' shocked shocked she will learn, wen i left home i was almost as bad but i now have a degree and my computer skills?? not bad cool.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2013
bebe2:

tnk bro

is it only only uni dat she can go? how about colleges?

am saying dat becos of fees, they seem very expensive.

i went t0 manchester metroplitan and it was free for me grin

wud they accept just NECO results, dats all she has got.

as for ''gobe'' shocked shocked she will learn, wen i left home i was almost as bad but i now have a degree and my computer skills?? not bad cool.

She can go to college, it doesn't have to be uni but with college her right to work is zero or limited to 10hrs a week. Private colleges are most affected, public funded colleges are ok.

NECO will be accepted.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 11:31am On Nov 03, 2013
justwise:

She can go to college, it doesn't have to be uni but with college her right to work is zero or limited to 10hrs a week. Private colleges are most affected, public funded colleges are ok.

NECO will be accepted.

ok,thank u
i think uni is the way to go
cos she needs to work, i need all the help i can get.

will start looking for schools today.

do i print out the application form and send to her or can she apply online?

is it ok if i apply for her?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:45am On Nov 03, 2013
bebe2:

ok,thank u
i think uni is the way to go
cos she needs to work, i need all the help i can get.

will start looking for schools today.

do i print out the application form and send to her or can she apply online?

is it ok if i apply for her?

You can apply online and yes you can apply for her.

This link will help you with list of unis and their rankings http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 3:34pm On Nov 04, 2013
justwise:

You can apply online and yes you can apply for her.

This link will help you with list of unis and their rankings http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Here are her NECO results
Maths- c5
English-c4
Biology-c4
Agric-c4
physics-c5
chenistry-c5
bible knowledge d.7
economics -c4
Geography-d7.

here is the SSCE
Maths-c5
eng-c6
biology-b3
geography-c5
chemistry-c4
agric-d7
c.r.s-d7
physics-e8

pls house, dats my niece's results for both waec and neco,

do u think its worth trying to get her admission wit it or shud she sit another exam?

and wat course do u think we shud be gearing toward? i know dats dificult as its her choice, but she asked for my opinion. she is only 17.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
Goodday, i am going for msc, i just received my CAS letter which was been scanned to me by my university. My toefl was stated in the cas but i want to use my o'level for my visa application. what do i do plz?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
kellyemms: Goodday, i am going for msc, i just received my CAS letter which was been scanned to me by my university. My toefl was stated in the cas but i want to use my o'level for my visa application. what do i do plz?
Your university or your intended uni? undecided undecided
You use only the documents asked for in your CAS
BTW, seems its January entry you are coming for
Hope you are well kitted for British winter when you come grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 12:04am On Nov 05, 2013
ochukoccna:
Your university or your intended uni? undecided undecided
You use only the documents asked for in your CAS
BTW, seems its January entry you are coming for
Hope you are well kitted for British winter when you come grin grin

Tell am...the cold here can kill chicken. Lol. By the sides, as Ochuko rightly said, the documents stated in your CAS is what you need to present during your visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 7:30am On Nov 05, 2013
adamsjosef:

Tell am...the cold here can kill chicken.

Just chicken?!
My smartphone weather app is saying 0 degrees which feels like -2 degrees as at 6:30am local time cool cool
But wetin I go do na?
No be me go meet Oyinbo UKBA to give me visa grin grin
Na to adapt, when in Rome behave like ...
BTW, the only chicken I've seen here are those in supermarket aisles awaiting dispatch into human bellies grin grin
Not like Naija where you see local ones roaming around lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lol. By the sides, as Ochuko rightly said, the documents stated in your CAS is what you need to present during your visa application.
Abeg help me tell am
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hello house, I just had 3million naira deposited into my account to cover maintenance and remaining tuition fee. Please when do i print the statement and apply for visa?
Secondly, I hope to make the initial deposit needed for an unconditional offer to be given in 10 days time. I hope that will not be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
bebe2:

Here are her NECO results
Maths- c5
English-c4
Biology-c4
Agric-c4
physics-c5
chenistry-c5
bible knowledge d.7
economics -c4
Geography-d7.

here is the SSCE
Maths-c5
eng-c6
biology-b3
geography-c5
chemistry-c4
agric-d7
c.r.s-d7
physics-e8

pls house, dats my niece's results for both waec and neco,

do u think its worth trying to get her admission wit it or shud she sit another exam?

and wat course do u think we shud be gearing toward? i know dats dificult as its her choice, but she asked for my opinion. she is only 17.

Her result is good, she can get admission with that, like you rightly said its difficult for anybody here to her what course to study. That has to be her decisions or you that knows her too well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
justwise:

Her result is good, she can get admission with that, like you rightly said its difficult for anybody here to her what course to study. That has to be her decisions or you that knows her too well.

Brilliant tnk u.

Now the search starts in Ernest.

Pls how soon can she come if she gets a visa grin does it have to be very close to the time school starts.

As r u allowed into the country say in July?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:10pm On Nov 05, 2013
kellyemms: Goodday, i am going for msc, i just received my CAS letter which was been scanned to me by my university. My toefl was stated in the cas but i want to use my o'level for my visa application. what do i do plz?
Just as my brothers in the house told you, you must provide all documents on your CAS else you risk visa refusal. If for any reason, you truly cannot provide that TOEFL result (which I believe TOEFL can send to UKBA if you request for it), your other option is to perhaps beg your school to issue a new CAS to state they personally assessed you and not mention TOEFL. All the best.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
bunburized: Hello house, I just had 3million naira deposited into my account to cover maintenance and remaining tuition fee. Please when do i print the statement and apply for visa?
Secondly, I hope to make the initial deposit needed for an unconditional offer to be given in 10 days time. I hope that will not be a problem?
The whole money needed must have been in your account for 28 days, so if you made that deposit today, the earliest you can print statement is Tuesday, 03 Dec. You can book an appointment for that same day (if convenient) but I advice your appointment should be 04th Dec.
As long as you have evidence of payment for deposit (shown on CAS or genuine receipt) by the time of appointment, no problem. So since you have unconditional offer, it means you don't have CAS yet and when you make payment, it will reflect on CAS, so no worries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
bebe2:

Brilliant tnk u.

Now the search starts in Ernest.

Pls how soon can she come if she gets a visa grin does it have to be very close to the time school starts.

As r u allowed into the country say in July?
In Nigeria, you only apply for student visa from 3 months to your School Start Date.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Don Oms:
The whole money needed must have been in your account for 28 days, so if you made that deposit today, the earliest you can print statement is Tuesday, 03 Dec. You can book an appointment for that same day (if convenient) but I advice your appointment should be 04th Dec.
As long as you have evidence of payment for deposit (shown on CAS or genuine receipt) by the time of appointment, no problem. So since you have unconditional offer, it means you don't have CAS yet and when you make payment, it will reflect on CAS, so no worries.
Thanks so much for your kind response.
Pls are you saying I can go ahead and book an appointment for 4th of Dec now?
I was actually thinking I can only make the booking after I have printed my statement of account.
Once again, to be sure I understand you correctly since the deposit was made today 5th Nov I can print out 3rd Dec and book my appointment for 4th Dec?
Is the above correct?
Don't I need CAS to be able to book an appointment online?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 12:26am On Nov 06, 2013
pls guys confirm,
just read dat all schools need the school fees to be paid before enrolment?

and pls how do get scholarships.? some pple here seem to have scholarships frm the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bebe2(f): 12:33am On Nov 06, 2013
m
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adamsjosef(m): 1:31am On Nov 06, 2013
bebe2: pls guys confirm,
just read dat all schools need the school fees to be paid before enrolment?

and pls how do get scholarships.? some pple here seem to have scholarships frm the school.

Not all schools require the fees to be paid b4 enrolment...but I think ALL SCHOOLS require an initial deposit to be made in order to guarantee commitment from the prospective student. Wish your niece the best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.