Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,738 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (866898 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kunlebal(m): 10:39am On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by madeit2thetop(m): 4:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Here is another silent follower of this thread in a state of I don't even know sef..well I want to knw if its actually possible for vfs or bhc or whichever is updating status nt to update my status or send me a message because I submitted my application on the 9th of oct for january entry and yet I haven't received any text nor changed status from the processing stage and today makes it 20 working days if my calculation is correct..osu mi o ..pls what can I do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
madeit2thetop: Here is another silent follower of this thread in a state of I don't even know sef..well I want to knw if its actually possible for vfs or bhc or whichever is updating status nt to update my status or send me a message because I submitted my application on the 9th of oct for january entry and yet I haven't received any text nor changed status from the processing stage and today makes it 20 working days if my calculation is correct..osu mi o ..pls what can I do
I actually know some one who submitted that same day and got his visa last week monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by madeit2thetop(m): 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2013
embarassed embarassed
kennyone:
I actually know some one who submitted that same day and got his visa last week monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 12:10am On Nov 07, 2013
ochukoccna:
Your university or your intended uni? undecided undecided
You use only the documents asked for in your CAS
BTW, seems its January entry you are coming for
Hope you are well kitted for British winter when you come grin grin
i am having problem wiv my toefl online report score. It no longer displaying my score dats why i wana use my olevel result
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:53am On Nov 07, 2013
bunburized:
Thanks so much for your kind response.
Pls are you saying I can go ahead and book an appointment for 4th of Dec now?
I was actually thinking I can only make the booking after I have printed my statement of account.
Once again, to be sure I understand you correctly since the deposit was made today 5th Nov I can print out 3rd Dec and book my appointment for 4th Dec?
Is the above correct?
Don't I need CAS to be able to book an appointment online?
Yes, you can book an appointment before printing your statement but let the period be close to each other (say about 3-6 days apart). Don't worry, it won't be fully booked around that time of the year so if you go online on the 2nd of Dec, you'll definitely get appointment for 3rd or 4th.
Yes, you need CAS before booking an appointment as your CAS number will be used. And yes, the earliest date to print your statement is the 3rd Dec if you made full payments on 5th Nov.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:56am On Nov 07, 2013
madeit2thetop: Here is another silent follower of this thread in a state of I don't even know sef..well I want to knw if its actually possible for vfs or bhc or whichever is updating status nt to update my status or send me a message because I submitted my application on the 9th of oct for january entry and yet I haven't received any text nor changed status from the processing stage and today makes it 20 working days if my calculation is correct..osu mi o ..pls what can I do
A number of factors can cause that delay. But since you say it is now 20 working days, the best thing to do is to call BHC and make inquiry about your application. They'll tell you what is happening. Don't panic, it happens. Just call them.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2013
kellyemms: i am having problem wiv my toefl online report score. It no longer displaying my score dats why i wana use my olevel result

Why don't you mail your school and explain to them, they may be willing to assess ur English using ur o levels just like some other schools do.. If dy don't agree, better to prepare n book a Pearson test and send to them to reissue a cas. I am suggesting Pearson coz I took it n got results next morning and every UK school accepts it...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 7:43am On Nov 07, 2013
This guys can be unpredictable. I actually applied for student visa last week tuesday at lekki. 2 of my friends who applied that same day in abuja got an sms yesterday that their passport is ready while mine is still showing under processing.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by madeit2thetop(m): 7:56am On Nov 07, 2013
Pls is there anyone that has the correct bhc contact should pls drop it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 10:27am On Nov 07, 2013
madeit2thetop: Pls is there anyone that has the correct bhc contact should pls drop it
Its somewhere in this loooooonnnnnnggg thread, try google it out
Alternatively, go the BHC's website for it

kellyemms: i am having problem wiv my toefl online report score. It no longer displaying my score dats why i wana use my olevel result
i see miz Gene has given you some advice too
Yet bottom line is ,IF YOU WANT YOUR VISA WITHOUT STRESS, only submit documents listed in your CAS [nothing more or less]
Datz all cool cool

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Pls who is presently studying at Anglia Ruskin uni.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by njideofor: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process-part2 by njideofor : 8:59pm
please advise me on what to do am a 4th tier student my visa
application was refuse as quote As part of the application process
you were interviewed via skype by our in Sheffield when you
summited your application. I note that you were last full time
education in 2008 when you completed a diploma in public
administration. you have since been managing your father's
business. its not clear why you previously studied public
administration if your intention is to pursue a career in
business.you state that you chose this course as it will help you
improve your father's business in Nigeria. I am not satisfied that a
genuine student would pursue this course and invest a significant
sum of money in doing so.simply to return to the same
circumstances that you are currently in. given the foregoing I am
not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 245zv(k)
of the rules...please guild me on how to to follow my appeal
processes and steps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
njideofor:
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process-part2 by njideofor : 8:59pm
please advise me on what to do am a 4th tier student my visa
application was refuse as quote As part of the application process
you were interviewed via skype by our in Sheffield when you
summited your application. I note that you were last full time
education in 2008 when you completed a diploma in public
administration. you have since been managing your father's
business. its not clear why you previously studied public
administration if your intention is to pursue a career in
business.you state that you chose this course as it will help you
improve your father's business in Nigeria. I am not satisfied that a
genuine student would pursue this course and invest a significant
sum of money in doing so.simply to return to the same
circumstances that you are currently in. given the foregoing I am
not satisfied that you meet the requirements of paragraph 245zv(k)
of the rules...please guild me on how to to follow my appeal
processes and steps
Firstly, I am sorry to hear about your refusal.
Now, note that tier-4 applicants do not have full appeal rights especially when the refusal is not based on matters like prejudice and sorts. The only option to review a visa application decision is to apply for an Administrative Review, and the process is available on UKBA site.
Go through the UKBA site, search this thread and read about Admin Reviews, then if you have further questions, post it here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by njideofor: 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
but its stated that i can appeal to the decision if think incorrect can you tell me steps for administrative review do I need a lawyer to do that?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
njideofor: but its stated that i can appeal to the decision if think incorrect can you tell me steps for administrative review do I need a lawyer to do that?
Please, read the UKBA site very well and search this thread via Google. The step is simple and it is online. In fact, it must have been written in your refusal letter.
As for the lawyer thing, well, if you have money to dispose, you may go for one. But you do not need a lawyer to fill an ordinary form and express yourself.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 3:41am On Nov 08, 2013
Don Oms:
Yes, you can book an appointment before printing your statement but let the period be close to each other (say about 3-6 days apart). Don't worry, it won't be fully booked around that time of the year so if you go online on the 2nd of Dec, you'll definitely get appointment for 3rd or 4th.
Yes, you need CAS before booking an appointment as your CAS number will be used. And yes, the earliest date to print your statement is the 3rd Dec if you made full payments on 5th Nov.
Thanks so much. You are a darling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by njideofor: 7:19am On Nov 08, 2013
thanks for your guidance please I want to ask again...after applying for administrative review do I need to summit back all my documents back to embassy or wait until they contact me?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2013
njideofor: thanks for your guidance please I want to ask again...after applying for administrative review do I need to summit back all my documents back to embassy or wait until they contact me?
No you don't need to submit docs again. They will contact u I guess.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:53am On Nov 08, 2013
miz Gene:

Why don't you mail your school and explain to them, they may be willing to assess ur English using ur o levels just like some other schools do.. If dy don't agree, better to prepare n book a Pearson test and send to them to reissue a cas. I am suggesting Pearson coz I took it n got results next morning and every UK school accepts it...
where can i take the pearson test in lagos and how much is it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2013
kellyemms: where can i take the pearson test in lagos and how much is it

UKEAS in Opebi and PFL in Ikeja are d ones I know, I used UKEAS doh. the test costs approximately 37k. All this info is on Pearson website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2013
miz Gene:

UKEAS in Opebi and PFL in Ikeja are d ones I know, I used UKEAS doh. the test costs approximately 37k. All this info is on Pearson website.
Thanks Gene. Please do u know where i can get online practice question so i can get prepared for it asap
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2013
kellyemms: Thanks Gene. Please do u know where i can get online practice question so i can get prepared for it asap
Try myexamenglish.com just Google around u' ll see similar practice tests for other exams, also the pearson site has a handbook and other instructive manuals u cn download n read.
I only saw one free Pearson practice test online.
Make sure u run thru d Pearson examples so u get used to the style of their exam and their peculiarities . But basically u can also use ielts n toefl free practice test to get used to understanding accents and answering questions like I did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
bebe2:

Brilliant tnk u.

Now the search starts in Ernest.

Pls how soon can she come if she gets a visa grin does it have to be very close to the time school starts.

As r u allowed into the country say in July?

Sure she can come July
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 2:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
wow ets (toefl and gre) don barn nigerians oh! i can no longer access my toefl online result anymore but i stil av d one i printed since. please does the ukba really verify this toefl bcauz in my cas it is toefl dat was written in it. abeg oh help on this issue..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2013
kellyemms: wow ets (toefl and gre) don barn nigerians oh! i can no longer access my toefl online result anymore but i stil av d one i printed since. please does the ukba really verify this toefl bcauz in my cas it is toefl dat was written in it. abeg oh help on this issue..
I personally don't understand your case well. But if your TOEFL is not over 2 years old, and your school accepted it, and you have the original document sent by TOEFL, then I don't think you have any problem. For instance, with IELTS, after a time, you can't check your result online but any school in the UK has a special password and link used for verification. So explain this your case well, or contact TOEFL.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
Don Oms:
I personally don't understand your case well. But if your TOEFL is not over 2 years old, and your school accepted it, and you have the original document sent by TOEFL, then I don't think you have any problem. For instance, with IELTS, after a time, you can't check your result online but any school in the UK has a special password and link used for verification. So explain this your case well, or contact TOEFL.
i was checking my toefl result homepage and i found dat i can no longer view my score anymore but i av the online print out which i used in applying to my school den. I told my school to reissue anoda cas to put my waec instead of o'level but they said dey av already sent it to ukba.Toefl said dey had problem with the center dat i av to write the exam again. my score is not up to 2years. can i still use the online printout for visa application? do ukba really verify the toefl score or the just look at the printed copy?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by madeit2thetop(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
cryI tink this bhc folks are planning to eat my passport and docs..since 9th of oct and nothing yet .well God dey sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kennyone: 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
madeit2thetop: cryI tink this bhc folks are planning to eat my passport and docs..since 9th of oct and nothing yet .well God dey sha
Have you called them? I applied last week tuesday and got an sms this afternoon that its ready for collection.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:50am On Nov 09, 2013
kellyemms: i was checking my toefl result homepage and i found dat i can no longer view my score anymore but i av the online print out which i used in applying to my school den. I told my school to reissue anoda cas to put my waec instead of o'level but they said dey av already sent it to ukba.Toefl said dey had problem with the center dat i av to write the exam again. my score is not up to 2years. can i still use the online printout for visa application? do ukba really verify the toefl score or the just look at the printed copy?
My brother (or sister), I'm sorry I cannot answer your question directly. The UKBA are not predictable, trust me, so don't assume tuey won't verify (especially when you submit an online print off version). Let's hope some other people who understand this issue come online and help you out. And by the way, how did your school verify it? And did you ask TOEFL if UKBA had the means to verify your result despite the centre issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 6:01am On Nov 09, 2013
madeit2thetop: cryI tink this bhc folks are planning to eat my passport and docs..since 9th of oct and nothing yet .well God dey sha
Some get their visas even before others that submitted after them
If you read through this thread you'd see that
My suggestion is you call the Abuja BHC office or fire them a mail
Google their contacts [though also its on this thread too if you can fish it out] wink wink
Tip:Visa related enquiry calls are only between 10am - 12pm on workings days [Even at that calling after 11am is a no no cos automated messages will tell you no one can receive your call]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:07am On Nov 09, 2013
Don Oms:
My brother (or sister), I'm sorry I cannot answer your question directly. The UKBA are not predictable, trust me, so don't assume tuey won't verify (especially when you submit an online print off version). Let's hope some other people who understand this issue come online and help you out. And by the way, how did your school verify it? And did you ask TOEFL if UKBA had the means to verify your result despite the centre issue?

Don Oms, what has happened here is that Nigeria just recently lost ' accreditation ' for carrying out both toefl n gre tests, the reasons for this hasn't been made clear but could likely be due to cheating at some centers. So apparently this is what is affecting some people's results.
@ Kellyemms, I believe UKBA will know about this and being their usual thorough/ killjoy self, they will use every opportunity to refuse u a visa. if u ask me,dy may even be looking out for applicants from Nigeria with Toefl. You can either risk it by going ahead to apply and hoping they won't detect it or mentioning it in ur interview. But instead of risking your 80k on rejection, why not register for pearson now with 37 k and and get ur results almost immediately. The ukba accepts it, so does EVERY school in the UK even though u may not see it on their website. (You must realise that d more time u waste, then d less likely u' ll get an agreeable date for the exam cos toefl is no more there so every1 will b rushing for ielts n pte, so d earlier u make up ur mind d better)
You then send d result to ukba n u can explain explain during ur interview why u r providing a pte instead of the toefl written on ur cas ( u can include d toefl print out too). You may also want to mail ur skl n ask for the pte score they accept, but if u aim for a least score of 75, dt wud b good for ANY school as most skls require a score of 59.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (503)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.